At Forces Reunited we take your privacy seriously. We are dedicated to looking after your Personal Information in ways that you feel are completely safe and secure, processing it in a responsible manner and complying with relevant data protection laws.
When it comes to your privacy, we will follow these principles:
Open. We want to be transparent about the personal information we collect, why we collect it and how we process it.
Easy to control. We give you control over the Personal Information you provide to us. We let you choose how and when it is used, shared, kept or deleted.
Our full Privacy Statement is below and we suggest you take the time to read and understand it.
This policy includes:
- About us
- Information we collect
- How we use the information
- What legal basis's grounds are we processing the data under?
- Sharing your information with third parties
- Sale of the Business
- How we protect your data
- Your rights regarding your personal information
- Right of complaint to the Regulator for Data Protection
- How long we hold your data
- Links to third-party websites
- Contacting us
1. About Us
This website www.forcesreunited.co.uk is owned and operated by Clever Digit Media Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 04381547 and with our registered office at New Hall, Market Place, Melksham SN12 6EX.
CDM ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK/EU and we are a registered Data Controller - Register number Z7564097.
Our Data Protection Officer will be happy to deal with any queries or requests regarding the data we hold about you. They can be contacted at email@example.com or by post to Data Protection Officer, CDM ltd, New Hall, Market Place, Melksham SN12 6EX.
Our VAT number is 811538154.
2. Information collection and use
Information we collect about you
When you register on our website or place an order, we collect your name and email address. This allows us to accept & deal with your registration, fulfil your order and send you important service messages.
We collect some information from cookies and similar software which allows us to understand how you arrive on our websites, how you use and navigate & interact with our emails and website.
This information is used to improve our services, design webpages and ensure specific relevant communication to match your needs. We obtain some information from Google Analytics also.
Information you provide to us Your information is always totally secure with us.
If you create an account with us we will only collect that information which is essential to you having an account with us, this will consist of:
Registered name, email address (and, where applicable -IP address only).
It may also consist of:
& anything else you place in ‘service history’ or ‘extra info’
If you have purchased any physical goods which have to be delivered to you: Your delivery address.
We do not collect sensitive information (also known as special categories of information) about you and only retain information for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual & legal obligations with you.
3. How we use your information
Your registration details provide the minimum data requirements for you to have an account with us, the additional information we allow you to add is used to make contact with past friends/service colleagues.
Your email address is not released or shown at any stage, when a user wishes to contact you, they fill out a form which automatically sends an email from us to your email address with the user’s message.
We use your personal information for a number of purposes including
- To manage the website (including your account);
- To process orders and provide our services, goods or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and queries.
- To allow other users to search for you using the details you have provided on your public profile.
- We may also utilise your service information on other websites owned and operated by Clever Digit Media Ltd to ensure your service details are easily found on various internet search engines and web browsers. (For the avoidance of doubt, this includes the website 'forces-war-records' which is wholly owned & run by us). - To make you special offers or/and selected promotions which may be of interest.
- For administration purposes. E.g. to contact you regarding goods or services ordered, to let you know that a service or online site has been suspended for maintenance, if your subscription is about to expire to ask if you wish to renew it, or if your account has become dormant to ask if you wish to retain the account before we close it.
- To provide advanced website features to you and others.
- We use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to personalise content and emails and to fulfil any obligations we have under the EU VAT allocation regulations.
- For analysis and research to improve our services and goods offered.
- To improve your search results, helping you find things more easily.
- To provide personalised communications (more details below).
- Where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our services, so we can offer a much more relevant service to you.
Types of messages
We send service emails to you to administer the service.
Service emails include registration and payment confirmations and emails that provide useful information about how to use a service or feature when you sign up or start using the website. We may also send you a service email if we make a fundamental change to the website, or to our terms & conditions that we think we need to make you aware of, or to let you know important information about your account.
Service emails also include ‘match notifications’ where your provided service information indicates a new user has similar service to you, this is an intrinsic part of ‘reuniting’ users.
Because these are essential to the provision of the websites service these cannot be switched off.
Optional Service messages
We send out personalised notifications when another member adds you to their saved friends page and also when someone views your profile on the site.
Whilst these are useful additions to help you then see if that person is someone you may wish to connect with and therefore a service-based email, we allow these to be switched off by you also.
We use your email address to update you on new products, services and subscription offers. We will only contact you with your consent. You are always entitled to withhold this consent and refrain from receiving such communications by updating your email preferences on your profile page or contacting our support desk to do this for you.
You can also update these options at any time
by logging into your account and adjusting your preferences, or by contacting us on our webpage https://www.forcesreunited.co.uk/support/
by utilising the ‘live support facility’, by direct email at firstname.lastname@example.org
by post to CDM ltd, New Hall, Market Place, Melksham SN12 6EX.
We will always provide you with a way of opting out of receiving future marketing messages from us each time we send them to you.
4. What legal basis are we processing the data under?
There are a number of grounds we process your data under. These are:
- Contractual – we need the information to perform the contract for goods or services you have requested/ordered including payment, delivery etc.
- Legal – should we be legally required to contact you concerning a purchase or service.
- Legitimate interest – this means the processing is in Clever Digit Media’s interest. It allows us to manage the customer relationship effectively and efficiently and improve the goods and/or services we provide by better understanding how our online provisions are used and which goods are popular with which groups of individuals.
- Consent – where you have given us consent to market to you.
5. Sharing your information with third parties
In the case of additional services and provision of certain goods, we may from time to time have to provide your personal information to third parties for the purposes of providing you with those specific goods/services.
These third-party providers include payment processors and providers of card validation services, delivery services (where physical goods are to be sent only).
This is necessary for the performance of the contract. We do not keep a record of your credit or debit card details in our systems. Our payment processors do not decide what is done with your data and only process it on our behalf.
We will disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, but only after we have verified the requestor is legally entitled to ask for such.
6. Sale of the Business
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We collect some information from cookies and similar software that allows us to understand how you arrive on our websites and use and navigate around them so we can improve the sites. We obtain some information from Google Analytics.
P3P policies declare the data they collect in groups (also referred to as "statements"). This policy contains 2 data groups. The data practices of each group will be explained separately.
Group "Basic information"
We collect the following information:
- HTTP protocol elements
At the user's option, we may also collect the following data:
- Click-stream data
- Search terms
This data will be used for the following purposes:
- Completion and support of the current activity.
- Web site and system administration.
- Research and development.
- This data will be used by ourselves and our agents.
The following explanation is provided for why this data is collected:
Data collected from all Web users: access logs, and search strings (if entered).
At the user's option, we will collect the following data:
HTTP cookies This data will be used for the following purposes:
Research and development. One-time tailoring. This data will be used by ourselves and our agents.
The following explanation is provided for why this data is collected:
Cookies are used to track visitors to our site, so we can better understand what portions of our site best serve you.
Cookies are a technology which can be used to provide you with tailored information from a Web site. A cookie is an element of data that a Web site can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
- User targeting
- Research and development
For further information on the type and purpose of each cookie click here
8. How we protect your information
We follow very strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information in accordance with UK data protection legislation. These include firewalls, encryption of data and virus-checking procedures.
You are responsible for keeping secret any confidential passwords or other login or access details that you select or which we allocate to you. While we take steps to ensure the security of your information, there is a risk that any information transmitted over the Internet and stored on a computer may be intercepted or accessed by an unauthorised party. If you think that someone has accessed your information held by us without your permission or gained unauthorised access to your login details, you must notify us at email@example.com
We also recommend that if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place such as a library that you close your browser completely when you have finished your session.
- Your rights regarding your Personal Information
Under Data Protection law, you have a number of rights with respect to your personal information, which are:
- Correcting your Information
You are entitled to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up to date and accurate. In order to maintain the accuracy of the information we hold, you can update your personal details through your ‘Your Profile’ page or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Withdrawing Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is currently being done under your consent, such as marketing. Consent can be withdrawn by updating your preferences in the email preference centre or through ‘Your profile’. You can also email to email@example.com
Obtaining a copy of your Information
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You can do this by contacting the support team here:
and logging into your registered account.
You must log into your registered account in order for us to verify the person asking for your personal information is you & therefore legally entitled to request and receive such.
- Deleting your information
You can request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances. These will be specific to each case. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address attached to your account, providing your full name.
You have the right to ask us to transfer the personal information that you have given us to another controller.
- Restricting Processing
You can request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances.
E.g. data accuracy, service details in whole or in part.
You can do this by contacting the support team here:
and logging into your account, providing the full name attached to your account.
- Right to object to Processing
You have the right to request that we stop processing your data for marketing purposes and in other limited circumstances such as asking us not to process your data by wholly automated means or not to analyse your information for targeted content etc. (also known as profiling).
You can action any of these rights by contacting our Customer Support Team or by contacting us by email at email@example.com
or by post to
The Data Protection Officer, Clever Digit Media Ltd, New Hall, Market Place, Melksham SN12 6EX.
10. Right of complaint to the Regulator for Data Protection
The data protection laws in the UK are regulated and enforced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Each individual has the right to raise a concern/complaint to the ICO if they have any concerns about how their personal information and/or privacy is treated. You can do this via the ICO’s website, follow the links or have an online Live Chat.
Call the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113
Postal address: Information Commissioner's Office
11. How long we hold your data for
Some of the information you provide to us will be necessary to carry out repeated tasks, such as verifying your identity or payment details when signing in to use an account, providing our services to you or when you are using an online checkout.
Since the websites core service is to reunite you with your friends, it is essential that we retain your details to be found for as long as this is possible.
We will keep your information until you inform us you do not wish it to be retained.
12. Links to third-party websites
13. Updates to this policy
We may update this policy at any time without notice.
Privacy statement last updated 5 November 2018.
14. Contacting us
If you have any questions about privacy or wish to update your details or have them removed from our mailing list at any time, please contact us at:
Post: Data Protection Officer
Clever Digit Media Ltd
New Hall, Market Place, Melksham SN12 6EX