{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / HMS Tyrian

HMS Tyrian

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Donald Whittle 23 February 2006 13:41 3362 views Link  
Donald Whittle 23 February 2006 13:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
HMS Tyrian

Looking to trace anyone who served on HMS Tyrian during 1940s. My father, Donald Whittle, now deceased, served on Tyrian and I am trying to piece together where it sailed. Thanks Don Whittle
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
B Unny 23 February 2006 17:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Donald Whittle Looking to trace anyone who served on HMS Tyrian during 1940s'. My father, Donald Whittle, now deceased, served on Tyrian and I am trying to piece together where it sailed. Thanks Don Whittle hi donald re H M S TYRIAN ,so far all Ihave found out is that Tyrian was a "T"class DESTROYER first commisioned 8/4/1943 ships pennent no R 67 another DON
Forum post attachment
Jeffie 23 February 2006 19:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
H.M.S.Tyrian

sorry I cant give you any info on the Tyrian in the 40s. her last commission finished in 56 after she bent a shaft on the coaling jetty in Portland.She had been down graded to frigate and was part of the 2nd T.S. in Portland,the crew moved over to the Tumult in Chatham and she went into reserve in Oct. 57.
Donald Whittle 23 February 2006 20:00
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
HMS Tyrian

Hi Don Thanks for the attachment with the picture of HMS Tyrian. Im, hoping to be able to post a photo of my father (when I can )It shows him walking down Sauchiehall Street with another sailor. It suffered a bit of damage some years ago but Ive had it restored. Once again, thanks for talking the time to reply, its much appreciated. Don
B Unny 23 February 2006 20:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
hms tyrian

Don have you tried a google serch there are more items available there don
Donald Whittle 24 February 2006 12:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
HMS Tyrian

Hi Don Thanks for the google advice. Ive spent most of this morning discovering more about the ship. Regards Don Whittle
B Unny 24 February 2006 17:07
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
h m s Tyrian

don ,only too ready to help .must see if I can find out any more info Don
Forum post attachment
Philip Ryan 20 February 2012 12:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
HMS Tyrian

My Uncle Stanley Trevor Wilcox served on HMS Tyrian from 1943-1946. He sent a postcard from Shanghai dated Christmas 1945 If you send me your email address I can send you better copy Phil Last edited by Philip Ryan
Forum post attachment
The Huntress 5 June 2012 17:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Philip Ryan My Uncle Stanley Trevor Wilcox served on HMS Tyrian from 1943-1946. He sent a postcard from Shanghai dated Christmas 1945 If you send me your email address I can send you better copy Phil Last edited by Philip Ryan Well done the Royal Navy Lads. I would like to see the Army and the RAF lads make the same effort for our colleagues at arms.
Forum post attachment
John Richards 5 June 2012 18:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Another picture of HMS Tyrian.
Forum post attachment