{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Sports Board!

Sports Board!

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by The Boss 09 February 2006 11:41 80206 views Link  
The Boss 09 February 2006 11:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Sports Board!

Seeing as the majority wanted it, here it is!
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Handle Oval Balls With Care. 09 February 2006 15:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
First I would like to thank Dominic for listing the Poll for this Sports Catergory and allowing the members to have their say. And a big thankyou to the members of FR in voting in the positive for it. I know it will be successful,and also encourage those that normally do not post,to do so.
Handle Oval Balls With Care. 10 February 2006 17:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
It looks like Welsh rugby side have not yet forgiven Gavin Henson for the book he wrote,slagging off his team mates. Although he is banned at the moment,I think he should look out for any "Hospital Passes" that might come his way if he gets back into the side. He broke the golden rule not to critise your fellow players. But I suppose he can always go to Church for comfort.
Rita Gemmell 21 February 2006 07:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I just posted here and it didnt turn up. Well Mike you cant say I didnt try. Rita Maybe this is the paranormal thread.
Forum post attachment
High Flyer 22 February 2006 21:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Eddie The Eagle

He was too much of a man for me standing at the START of the HIGH JUMP. Peering short-sightedly through his GOGGLES - teeth showing in an OPEN grimace while TRYING to focus through his bifocals! Well what can I say Rita? HE WAS A BODICE RIPPER....plain and simple. You know he took up the SPORT of ROCK CLIMBING after the GAMES*? *
High Flyer 22 February 2006 21:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
He Rita you may be right! because I too lost my pic! dodododo dododo
Forum post attachment
Handle Oval Balls With Care. 27 October 2006 20:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Well Nobby.I think I will watch the game on the 5th (Sunday)but to save you having to get out of your warm kip so early,I will email the result to you. But it might be painful.
Ally Bell 28 November 2007 20:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colin Hall [IMG]Images/Smilies/stupid.gif[/IMG] Actually, you're right Mike, it's on Sunday: Monday morning here![IMG]Images/Smilies/crazy.gif[/IMG] talking of sunday,s what thoughts on northern ireland playing sports on sunday,s?
Sigs 08 January 2008 20:58
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
sports board

Do you lot play with a funny shape ball it all balls to me .does any one know the rules and why is there two sets of rules . liverpool for ever .george
Crazy Fach 11 January 2008 20:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
S I M P L E answer

Quoting: george woolley Do you lot play with a funny shape ball it all balls to me .does any one know the rules and why is there two sets of rules . liverpool for ever .george The answer is S I M P L E, the rules for poofball are kept S I M P L E to make it easy for the players to understand. 1.you kick da ball in one direction and try and put it in da big net. 2. if one of da udder people come near you, you fall on da floor and roll about crying. 3. if one of da players on your side puts da ball in da correct net you must run after him and cover him in kisses and feel his bum. 4. if da man in black does sommin you dont like you must run after him and give him verbal abuse. 5. make undeserved millions RUGBY UNION on the other hand is a game of gentlemen and intelligence, no shaming, fondling, ref abuse, and no millions. Thank god football fans dont understand it.
Ally Bell 11 January 2008 21:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Bailey The answer is S I M P L E, the rules for poofball are kept S I M P L E to make it easy for the players to understand. 1.you kick da ball in one direction and try and put it in da big net. 2. if one of da udder people come near you, you fall on da floor and roll about crying. 3. if one of da players on your side puts da ball in da correct net you must run after him and cover him in kisses and feel his bum. 4. if da man in black does sommin you don't like you must run after him and give him verbal abuse. 5. make undeserved millions RUGBY UNION on the other hand is a game of gentlemen and intelligence, no shaming, fondling, ref abuse, and no millions. Thank god football fans don't understand it. [IMG]Images/Smilies/woot.gif[/IMG] [IMG]Images/Smilies/woot.gif[/IMG] [IMG]Images/Smilies/woot.gif[/IMG] [IMG]Images/Smilies/woot.gif[/IMG] [IMG]Images/Smilies/woot.gif[/IMG] [IMG]Images/Smilies/woot.gif[/IMG] love it mike.wicked.
Forum post attachment
The Friend 12 January 2008 13:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
oh just read this

Quoting: Mike Bailey RUGBY UNION on the other hand is a game of gentlemen and intelligence, no shaming, fondling, ref abuse, and no millions. Thank god football fans don't understand it. [IMG]Images/Smilies/woot.gif[/IMG] [IMG]Images/Smilies/woot.gif[/IMG] [IMG]Images/Smilies/woot.gif[/IMG] [IMG]Images/Smilies/woot.gif[/IMG] [IMG]Images/Smilies/woot.gif[/IMG] [IMG]Images/Smilies/woot.gif[/IMG] one question if theres no fondling why do they keep cuddling each other and then stick their heads into the other teams shirts it looks a bit dodgy to me m8or you could say kinkey what
Fatch 18 March 2008 13:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
sports board

Just heard that Kevin Keegan has been awarded the O.B.E. Out Before Easter (Just joking Kevin, I like you really). Ken
Ally Bell 30 May 2010 15:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
england lucky today. japan played well and did score all the goals. good job roo was playing.
Colum 30 May 2010 15:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The ref was blind - rooney should have gotten a yellow card at least for a very iffy tackle -
Norwegian Blue 30 May 2010 16:15
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Ally Bell england lucky today. japan played well and did score all the goals. good job roo was playing.[IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/devil.gif[/IMG] Two goals both scored for us by Kamakazi!
Fez 30 May 2010 18:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FEZ THE GUNNER HMS BROADSWORD

hi all first time on the site is there any FALKLANDS 82 VETS OUT THERE GULF / ARMILLA PATROL 87/88.BOSNIA 91/92
Pamela Forbes 30 May 2010 18:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
So much for all the penalty practice!

There has been much made in the papers recently on all the work they have been putting in on taking penalties. It doesnt seem to have done them much good. Thats the second penalty Frank Lampard has missed in two weeks!!
..... 30 May 2010 19:15
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Pamela Forbes  There has been much made in the papers recently on all the work they have been putting in on taking penalties.  It doesn't seem to have done them much good.  That's the second penalty Frank Lampard has missed in two weeks!!                              [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/crying.gif[/IMG] Should have let John Terrys wife or mother in law take it as they only thing thry mss is the supermarket checkout.
..... 03 June 2010 20:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
A quick message to Fabio. Tell the boys (?)- Put their best foot forward. Shoulder to the wheel. They have our hearts and minds. Nose to the grindstone. You carry the hopes of a nation. Stiff upper lip. Backs to the Wall. Eye on the ball. Head erect. Take no prisoners. Fire at will. Dont cry for me Sgt. Ena. Have a purple patch Be over the moon. Cover every inch of turf. Every blade of grass. Climb every mountain. Ford every stream. Dream the impossible dream. For St. George and arry. (Have i missed any?)
Pamela Forbes 03 June 2010 20:39
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I think that there might be a problem there J.D. With their shoulders to the wheel, their noses to the grindstone and their backs to the wall ..... theyll never be able to kick the ball let alone see the goal!!!
..... 04 June 2010 17:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I Cant believe that a fast winger like Theo Walcott has been left out out of the England squad and a clumsy player like Heskey gets picked (sorry should have said "Gets the nod"), i must gen up on these phrases i will hear once the matches start.
..... 04 June 2010 17:58
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
John. Scouse Are you applying for the Liverpool managers job?.
..... 04 June 2010 19:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: john daly [I]John. Scouse  Are you £4 million basic salary but the snag is they would expect you to work a couple of hours most weekends John.
Pamela Forbes 04 June 2010 20:53
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Pamela Forbes   I think that there might be a problem there J.D.  With their shoulders to the wheel, their noses to the grindstone and their backs to the wall ..... they'll never be able to kick the ball let alone see the goal!!!            [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/shocked.gif[/IMG]   [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/shocked.gif[/IMG]   [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/shocked.gif[/IMG] Oh dear! I did try to warn you J.D. Now Rio Ferdinand has tried to follow your instructions and look what happened!!
..... 04 June 2010 21:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Pamela Forbes   Oh dear!  I did try to warn you J.D.  Now Rio Ferdinand has tried to follow your instructions and look what happened!!   [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/shocked.gif[/IMG]    [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/crying.gif[/IMG]  [/ Pamela. Rio has had injury problems throughout his career, usualy groin strain which happens maybe 100 miles aprox. from Old Trafford. Mam, wheres my boots?.' Last edited by john daly
..... 11 June 2010 11:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
World Cup tragedy

How sad that on what would have been the greatest day of his, and South Africas life Mandela has the news that his grand daughter has been killed by a drunk driver. God certainly works in strange ways sometimes. What do you think Jean??.
Ally Bell 11 June 2010 17:48
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
just watched the first match. 1-1 seemed a fair result.. those bloody horns. had to turn me hearing aid down a shade. anyhow , getting ready for the roo boy tomorrow night... c,mon england..... c,mon england...
Forum post attachment
Norwegian Blue 11 June 2010 18:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Ally Bell just watched the first match. 1-1 seemed a fair result.. those bloody horns. had to turn me hearing aid down a shade. anyhow , getting ready for the roo boy tomorrow night... c,mon england..... c,mon england...[IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/devil.gif[/IMG] Alright, Ally. Im afraid I have had to report you for your attachment since it is clearly racist!!! Cmon Engerland!! Yeah, not a bad match but I agree, for the armchair spectator - those horns. I think I run the risk of getting the syndrome Oliver Hardy had in Saps at Sea! Next its France. Hope Henry has been doing a bit of weight training for his arms. France shouldnt be there, really in my eyes. Prediction for the France v Uruguay match? 3 - 0 (3 handballs!!!!). Cmon Engerland (without the horns please).
Forum post attachment
..... 11 June 2010 19:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Richard Parr Alright, Ally. I'm afraid I have had to report you for your attachment since it is clearly racist!!! C'mon Engerland!! Yeah, not a bad match but I agree, for the armchair spectator - those horns.  I think I run the risk of getting the syndrome Oliver Hardy had in 'Saps at Sea'! Next it's France.  Hope Henry has been doing a bit of weight training for his arms.  France shouldn't be there, really in my eyes. Prediction for the France v Uruguay match?  3 - 0 (3 handballs!!!!). C'mon Engerland  (without the horns please). Richard. Am a big fan of L. and H. but "Saps at sea" has slipped by me. must get a copy. Have had a £5. on France at 20/1 to wint coop, think not bad odds. (Think Max Bygraves "You need hands" needs to be played). Yanks will turn up late, as they have a history of doing.
Norwegian Blue 11 June 2010 19:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: john daly Richard. Am a big fan of L. and H. but "Saps at sea" has slipped by me. must get a copy. Have had a £5. on France at 20/1 to win't coop, think not bad odds. (Think Max Bygraves "You need hands" needs to be played).   Yanks will turn up late, as they have a history of doing. A good each-way bet is Cameroon I reckon.
..... 11 June 2010 20:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Richard Parr A good each-way bet is Cameroon I reckon.   So is S. H. i reckon.
Ally Bell 11 June 2010 20:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
i always bet on 9/1 to win. my dad always did that. at the moment holland is 9/1. also england is 8/1. hope england go out to u no what......
Norwegian Blue 11 June 2010 20:29
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
WC 2010

I have had a vision! The runners-up of Group C (England) will meet the winners of Group D (Germany). The game will be a draw and yet again, England will lose on pens!!! Wonder what odds I would get on that?
..... 11 June 2010 21:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Richard Parr I have had a vision! The runners-up of Group C (England) will meet the winners of Group D (Germany). The game will be a draw and yet again, England will lose on pens!!! Wonder what odds I would get on that?   Richard. if you would have had a bet in 1914 1939 1966 you would have done your money. Last edited by john daly
Ally Bell 11 June 2010 21:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
9/1.
Norwegian Blue 12 June 2010 20:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
WC 2010

Nice goalkeeping!
Ally Bell 12 June 2010 22:00
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
yeh. tim howard was awesome.
..... 13 June 2010 18:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Think i must have watched a different match to the Itv. commentators, they both thought England played well.
Norwegian Blue 13 June 2010 21:32
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Up The Aussies!

Although I wanted Australia to win they got their arse kicked 4 - 0! Never mind. Cant wait to bump into a few Aussies, many of whom seem to derive much pleasure from slagging off England in any sport they play! Germany look good. Still on for my prediction.
..... 15 June 2010 18:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Fabio Crapello has a problem with 3 iffy goalkeepers so my suggestion is he phones B. and Q, and asks if they will fly out Bert Higgins who knows Fu..a.l about football but he is a good joiner and will board up the England goals. Come on En ger lan d.
Norwegian Blue 15 June 2010 18:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Crapello

Quoting: john daly Fabio Crapello has a problem with 3 iffy goalkeepers so my suggestion is he phones B. and Q, and asks if they will fly out Bert Higgins who knows Fu..a.l about football but he is a good joiner and will board up the England goals. Come on En ger lan d. ..... which begs the question Do we really need a foreign manager for the England team? In one interview Crapello said it would be great for a foreign manager to win the football World Cup with another country. Not...... it would be great for England to win! Shows the thinking and commitment and priorities of these managers? Cant we think of any homegrown managers that could manage England?
..... 15 June 2010 18:28
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Richard Parr ..... which begs the question 'Do we really need a foreign manager for the England team'? In one interview Crapello said it would be great for a foreign manager to win the football World Cup with another country.  Not......    it would be great for England to win!  Shows the thinking and commitment and priorities of these managers? Can't we think of any homegrown managers that could manage England? Do you mean apart from you or me Richard?.
Norwegian Blue 15 June 2010 19:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: john daly Do you mean apart from you or me Richard?. I would do it for love, admission to all the matches and the phone numbers of all the 36 Dutch girls who supported their team against Denmark clad in a sea of Orange. Oh! .... and I almost forgot - a signed photo of our England keeper in action against the USA!
..... 15 June 2010 19:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Richard Parr I would do it for love, admission to all the matches and the phone numbers of all the 36 Dutch girls who supported their team against Denmark clad in a sea of Orange. [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] Oh! .... and I almost forgot - a signed photo of our England keeper in action against the USA! Wot make love to 36 Dutch girls Richard Wow. Heard that Greeny was so depressed that he tried to commit suicide by throwing himself in front of a bus yesterday but the bus went under him.
Norwegian Blue 15 June 2010 20:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: john daly Wot make love to 36 Dutch girls Richard Wow. Heard that Greeny was so depressed that he tried to commit suicide by throwing himself in front of a bus yesterday but the bus went under him. Green went to the shrink and was told he must set himself goals and was advised not to let opportunities slip through his fingers!