{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / when,s a nurse not a nurse.

when,s a nurse not a nurse.

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Ally Bell 14 April 2012 19:55 1019 views Link  
Ally Bell 14 April 2012 19:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
when,s a nurse not a nurse.

The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) has urged its members to report any cases of abuse by patients to the police and their employers. The call comes after a man who headbutted a nurse at the A&E in Belfasts Royal Hospital was given a three-month suspended sentence. He had also attacked three police officers during the incident. Janice Smyth, director of the RCN in Northern Ireland, said nurses are often reluctant to report such cases. "Our position is and has always been that each and every case, regardless of circumstances, should be referred to police and should be investigated," she said. "Its not in the majority of nurses make-up to want to refer the patients as it were to the police. "Nurses do tend to try to justify or rationalise why a patient would act that way." On Thursday, Robert Cullen, 45, of Antrim Road in north Belfast, was given a three-month jail sentence suspended for two years for attacking a nurse. He also attacked three police officers as they tried to bring him back to the A&E department of the Royal Victoria Hospital in the city. Squared up A prosecution lawyer told the court that Cullen - who said he could not remember the incident - "squared up to a nurse" with his fists clenched as she tried to administer first aid. He headbutted her before leaving the department. His solicitor disclosed that he was the sole carer for his sister, who suffers from a psychiatric condition. The judge who imposed the suspended sentence said that the courts have a zero tolerance attitude to attacks on emergency staff. Responding to the sentence, Ms Smyth said: "Whilst on the surface we may appear disappointed with this, were very pleased that in the first place it was referred to the police, they investigated it and it was brought before the courts because there are so few of these cases that are. "From that respect were pleased that it has at least got that length." more bollocks......
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
John (Scouse) Hirons 14 April 2012 22:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I must admit that back in 1971 myself & a mate (Geordie Devin) went to the Limassol wine festival. On our way back to my MQ we were jumped by a team of Greek Cypriots. To cut a long story short an (RAF) ambulance was called & it took Geordie & I to the FMC, unfortunately when I came to in the FMC I went Apeshit & I put I medic in hospital & injured an other medic, a doctor & two RAF policemen & caused N amount of damage before they could knock me out & to this day I cant remember any of this. When I was told what I had done (I had been admitted to the BMH) I couldnt remember a thing, the last thing I remember was Gordie being hit with a bottle & me moving in. To say I felt like a perfect arse part is an under statement but I will say sometimes the reactions take over even when the brains knocked out.
Arthur Kingo Farrington 15 April 2012 15:08
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons I must admit that back in 1971 myself & a mate (Geordie Devin) went to the Limassol  wine festival. On our way back to my MQ we were jumped by a team of Greek Cypriots. To cut a long story short an (RAF) ambulance was called & it took Geordie & I to the FMC, unfortunately when I came to in the FMC I went Apeshit & I put I medic in hospital & injured an other medic, a doctor & two RAF policemen & caused 'N' amount of damage before they could knock me out & to this day I can't remember any of this. When I was told what I had done (I had been admitted to the BMH) I couldn't remember a thing, the last thing I remember was Gordie being hit with a bottle & me moving in. To say I felt like a perfect arse part is an under statement but I will say sometimes the reactions take over even when the brains knocked out. Bet all hell let loose in akrotiri...i was treated there a few times in th mid 50s.
Forum post attachment
Arthur Kingo Farrington 15 April 2012 15:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Arthur KINGO FARRINGTON Bet all hell let loose in akrotiri...i was treated there a few times in th mid 50s. hope u enjoyed the KEO.
Forum post attachment
Forum post attachment