The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Odds and .Bits and bats.

Odds and .Bits and bats.

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by ..... 7 April 2012 14:44 22099 views Link  
..... 7 April 2012 14:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds and .Bits and bats.

Thought i would try and put on attachments like the big boys and girls do, failed miserably. If anyone would like to stick anyfink on i here i would be obliged...... Last edited by john daly
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
..... 7 April 2012 14:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds and .Bits and bats.

Odds and Bits and bats 2. Thought you should know that the book, "Understanding Women" is finally out in paperback...... [securedownload[1].jpg]
..... 7 April 2012 15:07
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds and .Bits and bats.

Irrefutable proof that a good woman can bring balance and stability to your life-do you know any good women?
Forum post attachment
..... 8 April 2012 12:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Small Quiz. 1. What was Laurel and Hardys greyhound called in the one picture it starred in.? 2. What is the name of the group who are fans of Laurel and Hardy and meet once a year wordwide?. 3. How did the 1940s/50s short films starring Joe McDoakes always end.? 4. What was the name of the leader of the Bowery Boys.? 5. What was the name of the owner of the Ice cream parlour where the Bowery Boys hung out.? 6. What was the name of the owner of Fonzs ice cream parlour in Happy Days. 7. At the end of the TV. show "Taxi" starring Danny Devito what did a female voice say at the end of each episode in the closing shots?. 8. Name please of Frank Sinatras only Cowboy movie and the name of the the song he sang in it.? These are not too difficult, so no Googling please. Hope someone else will put something similar on. The Winner gets an invite to the next George Galloway wedding.
Sigs 21 April 2012 22:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

were did you steal this title from pal what was wrong with the old odds and bits how about a picture or two .
Forum post attachment
Sigs 21 April 2012 22:24
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

well what was that bird
Forum post attachment
Sigs 21 April 2012 22:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

I live with my brownie mark two .
Forum post attachment
Sigs 21 April 2012 22:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

I live with my brownie mark two .
Forum post attachment
Sigs 21 April 2012 22:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

I have been away for some time but nice to be back
Forum post attachment
..... 22 April 2012 13:07
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: george woolley [I]well what was that bird   Well George I live in Goshawk Road, could it be of them?. George when i opened this i hoped it would be something that anything could be posted, any subject / moan / compliment ect.
Sigs 22 April 2012 13:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

Hi John . Yes I am with you there are so much rubbish posted lets see some nice pictures on your post and the big bird was a common buzzard taken at LIGWY /RYNYS caravan site ,
Forum post attachment
Terry Carey 22 April 2012 15:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds and Bits and Bats

Question - why not just call this Odds and ends or Bit and Bats? Not criticising - just asking!! George - is that bird really a Buzzard? Looks like a Sparrowhawk to me but I cant say I am well acquainted with Buzzards anyway! Heres a nice picture:-
Forum post attachment
Sigs 22 April 2012 20:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

Yes terry it is a buzzard square tail when in flight and I to like sunsets just took these to night at 8 pm .
Forum post attachment
Sigs 22 April 2012 20:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

My office window faces west some nights it is good some bad but tonight could have been better ,
Forum post attachment
Terry Carey 23 April 2012 14:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds and ends

This is a photo of me a couple of years ago in my favourite watering hole on St Georges Day. I tried to get onto the thread started by Scouse but yet again there is a glitch on the system. You will notice that I am dressed appropriately for the day. TC.
Forum post attachment
Sigs 23 April 2012 17:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

Hi Terry . very smart I too was dressed like that yesterday for a family lunch at the queens arms cheadle 13 of us a good meal. I was the only one dressed like that but I like my blazer and tye (RA). Regards for now george
Forum post attachment
Sigs 26 April 2012 17:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

This is good fun if we look after it lets have lots of pictures and tales .
Forum post attachment
Sigs 26 April 2012 17:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

That was taken last night about 8pm good sun set These pair are my mates,Dave & VAL the foal is only 4 days old she is called LULU her mum is ELLA they are fantastic pedigree welsh cobs ?
Forum post attachment
Sigs 26 April 2012 18:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

Quoting: george woolley That was taken last night about 8pm  good sun set   These pair are my mates,Dave & VAL  the foal is only 4 days old she is called LULU her mum is ELLA they are fantastic pedigree welsh cobs ? Dave and Val rent a few acres of land and have bought a house that backs onto the field what a garden the size of a football pitch . This again was taken out of the office window (my bedroom)
Forum post attachment
Forum post attachment
Sigs 27 April 2012 17:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

Hi All . I have just booked a holiday for the last few days in may at the uaual place RYNYS caravan park near LYGGWY Angelsey only for 17 days but it will do, good to meet up with old mates again. Might take the golf clubs but will take the rods the fish will be in then . Well lets see if I canfind a picture . regards for now george woolley
Forum post attachment
..... 27 April 2012 18:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Want to see something funny ? Then Google "Dinner For One" with Freddie Frinton 1963. original) This is a sketch with Freddie as a Butler serving non existing guests and slowly getting plastered.. If you do look for it you may have to avoid all the German versions of this including one with Sarkozy and Merkels faces superimposed Hope you enjoy it
Terry Carey 27 April 2012 19:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds and what have you!!!!

I remember seeing Freddy Frinton doing that drunk sketch John - in glorious Black and White way back. In fact I saw it several times but cant think if I ever saw it in colour. My favourite drunk act was Jimmy James and company. Roy Castle started his stage career as one of the stooges in Jimmys sketches. In one of them they used to end with a song:- Heaven help the sailors, on a night like this, All the lampposts, running around the place, Pavements jumping up and hitting us in the face, (cant remember anymore) Magic. TC.
..... 27 April 2012 20:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Terry Carey [I]I remember seeing Freddy Frinton doing that drunk sketch John - in glorious Black and White way back.  In fact I saw it several times but can't think if I ever saw it in colour. My favourite drunk act was Jimmy James and company.  Roy Castle started his stage career as one of the stooges in Jimmy's sketches.  In one of them they used to end with a song:-   Heaven help the sailors, on a night like this,   All the lampposts, running around the place,   Pavements jumping up and hitting us in the face,   (can't remember anymore)                            Magic. TC. Terry.The sketch i am refering to is in black and white and is not Freddies usual solo drunk act. it is a 18 minute piece. Just have look and give me your respected opinion
John (Scouse) Hirons 27 April 2012 21:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
This sketch is still a smash hit in Germany & is shown on most German TV channels on New Years Eve, they call it "Der 90 Geburtstag" it also stared May Warden as the dotty mistress. Its a great bit of slap stick.
..... 27 April 2012 21:39
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
For Laurel and Hardy fans on Google / You tube there are some funny song and dance routines of theirs but with modern pop songs dubbed over them. The funniest Pop band i have seen are the "Bog Men", an Irish band who have made a success for many years Singing out of tune. They are very good and also can be seen on You tube.
..... 28 April 2012 14:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
We were in Yorkshire last Mon. and Tuesday and saw signs on the Motorways M.1. (Leeds to London) and the M.62. (Yorks to Lancs.) saying "Plan your journey to the Olympics" 200 miles and 4 months away....
Terry Carey 28 April 2012 16:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds and sods

Quoting: john daly We were in Yorkshire last Mon. and Tuesday and saw signs on the Motorways M.1. (Leeds to London) and the M.62. (Yorks to Lancs.) saying "Plan your journey to the Olympics"     200 miles and 4 months away.... Jeremy Clarkson writing in the Daily Mail today also mentions these signs - visible as you are driving away from London!!!!!!! I have just refreshed my memory on Freddie Frinton and the Dinner for one sketch. Maybe Im getting old but it doesnt seem as funny now. It helps when theres an audience laughing on Tv and your family is joining in. I also checked on Jimmy James and Co but cant find what I considered as his best sketch when they were in evening dress and finished up singing the Heaven help the sailors. song Sheer class. TC.
..... 30 April 2012 11:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Dont know if i have mentioned this before but some time ago i was stopped by Police and the Copper said we are having a purge on number plates on behalf of the D.V.L.A. and your plate J.8.DLY. has curly bit on the top of the J. and on the D. so i am giving you a warning to get it changed plus a £60 penalty ticket. I told him, though i have had it pased the MOT. fifteen times since i have had it i will change it and bring it to the Police station tomorrow. No good he would not listen. I also said that since it is the DVLA. cant you just give me a warning as £60. is over half my weekly income. Again No. They then photographed the plates, gave me a ticket. The youngest one added "And dont forget to pay it" (Cheeky Bast..D). I stuck my head through his window and told him that i had been driving, paying road tax and insurance since before he was born and did not need reminding of my dues and demands. The other Bobby told him to apologise but anyway the upshot was a £60 fine. To add insult to injury the DVLA. wrote to me with a form to fill in and saying I had to photograph the new number plate and send them it in 14 days otherwise they would take my plate from me......This is the same plate they sold me 20 years ago.
Terry Carey 30 April 2012 20:32
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds and ends

Seems like theres still no sense from officialdom John. Hope you sort them out but nowadays the young coppers dont use their discretion at all. Some years ago, erm, many years ago I had to repair my car and didnt tax it until I had finished putting it back on the road. It was Christmas Eve and I went round to a post office to renew the tax including that for December. The Post Office was closing down at dinner time and I was directed to the local vehicle licensing office. It must have been while I was inside that a copper walked past and noticed the out of date tax disc. I got back in my car and set off and had to halt at a main road. There was a cinema on the left with several doors opening onto the street I was on. As I got near this copper leapt out from the last doorway with his hand up. He pretended that he had noticed my disc as I approached. I showed him all the documents filled out, the cheque, pointed out the dates etc but all he did was mess about without saying anything one way or the other. I asked could I not go to the tax office but he kept muttering that technically I was committing an offence. He kept that up until, wouldnt you know it, his sergeant appeared from round the corner? His book was out like a flash and he started to book me. I have to admit I could not only have blown my top but flattened him as I verbally lashed him for being all kinds of devious so-and-sos and a liar to boot. The sergeant looked absolutely disgusted with him and asked if he really intended to book me. The swine looked innocently back and said that I was, after all, out of order. Even a comment from the sergeant that it was Christmas Eve and I was not intending to defraud anyone didnt work. The old time coppers would let you go under those circumstances but the young ones are only interested in getting results. Sad but par for the course now. TC.
Sigs 30 April 2012 21:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

Hi John it would have been nice to see a picture of your plate . I did my tax yesterday 6 month £121.00 plus insurance £633.00.And then AA £123.00 . total without the MOT and Service £877.00. it is a rip off .regards george
Forum post attachment
..... 2 May 2012 18:24
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I do feel sorry for the family of the so called M.I6. spy, the statement issued by them was that He was a quiet and normal person . Well quite so, but Having £20,000 worth of Ladies clothing , plus wigs, in your wardrobe and being found naked in a Holdall double locked on the outside does not seem quite normal to me.
Terry Carey 2 May 2012 18:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds and ends

I too feel sorry for the family of the spy John but its like they say - Different strokes for different folks. It was a horrible way to go whether it was a murder or an accident although the latter hardly seems likely. TC.
..... 2 May 2012 18:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: george woolley [I]Hi John it would have been nice to see a picture of your plate . I did my tax yesterday 6 month £121.00 plus insurance £633.00.And then AA £123.00 .  total without the MOT and Service £877.00. it is a rip off .regards george Hello George. I did change my No. plate immediatly but will have a look and see if i can find a photo. Those prices for insurance and servicing seem very high Mate I pay £220.annually for my Volvo which is a 2. 3. Litre and i think that is expensive.
..... 2 May 2012 18:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Terry Carey [I]I too feel sorry for the family of the spy John but it's like they say - Different strokes for different folks.   It was a horrible way to go whether it was a murder or an accident although the latter hardly seems likely. TC. Not an Open and Shut Case then T.C.
Sigs 29 August 2012 17:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and .bits and bats

Quoting: john daly [I]Quoting: Terry Carey [I]I too feel sorry for the family of the spy John but it's like they say - Different strokes for different folks.   It was a horrible way to go whether it was a murder or an accident although the latter hardly seems likely. TC.   Not an Open and Shut Case then T.C. [/I] I only wanted to get to putting pictures on, so lets do it with the old odds and bits and bats regards george
Forum post attachment
Sigs 29 August 2012 17:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

thats better so lets see just what we should be doing and try not to upset the jack tars . sunset in Timperley .
Forum post attachment
Sigs 29 August 2012 17:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

I have always had a camera close at hand when on my PC my window faces the west and the sunsets over the last few weeks have been great well I think so .
Forum post attachment
Sigs 29 August 2012 18:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

As I look out now the sun is very bright and warm but there is no cloud about and with out the cloud no good sun sets . this was in the garden early spring DAd making his Baby eat bread
Forum post attachment
Sigs 30 August 2012 00:37
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats .

Well it looks like you are all shy but I will Go on and post  my pictures Last edited by george woolley
Forum post attachment
Terry Carey 30 August 2012 11:37
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds etc

Sunsets are one of the best things to photograph and are so varied that there is always another one to whet your appetite. Ive got a photo of one I took a while back so Ill try to dig it out. TC.
Terry Carey 30 August 2012 11:54
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds etc

George, This is the one I mentioned. TC.
Forum post attachment
Sigs 30 August 2012 18:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and pats

Your Right TC that is a cracker I took about 20 Tues and lost the lot in my PV it comes with age she said . This one I took on the island stood outside the van . Regards george
Forum post attachment
Sigs 30 August 2012 20:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

Hi TC .I have had a good night to night nice sunset and a full moon to boot
Forum post attachment
Spud 31 August 2012 05:53
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Sunset in Canterbury, the sky looks like its on fire.
Forum post attachment
Spud 31 August 2012 05:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Sunset in Kaiapoi, just north of ChCh. Last edited by Gerard Grout
Forum post attachment
Nobby 31 August 2012 10:28
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Its the first day of Spring in New Zealand this Saturday, the 1st of September [tomorrow]. My street is lined with Kowhai trees, with brilliant yellow blossoms, a bit like bluebells.
Forum post attachment
Nobby 31 August 2012 10:31
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
This is the Kowhai
Forum post attachment
Nobby 31 August 2012 10:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Those blossoms are full of nectar, and attract these fellas, and from my armchair in my lounge I can watch them feeding. Its Tui, or bell-bird because of its vocal ability, and helluva talker, believe me! Last edited by Colin Hall
Forum post attachment
Sigs 31 August 2012 17:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits and bats

Thanks you guys some great pictures I missed on today at least 15 Buzzards in flight over our walk and no dam camera with me .But last night was good
Forum post attachment
Terry Carey 31 August 2012 19:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds and bits

I love the Tui birds dinky little white bow tie Colin. If someone will remind me what the sun is whenever it appears again Ill see what I can do for a few more sunset pictures. TC.