{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Cyber Family 175

Cyber Family 175

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Margaret 27 March 2012 20:27 34899 views Link  
Margaret 27 March 2012 20:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Cyber Family 175

Here you all are,i will leave the outside light on for the late comers...most of you know your way around so help yourself anything you want just ask.... i will Colum later and check if he is anywhere near getting his laptop back....
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Vicky 27 March 2012 20:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf175

Are we in Bury already love, I didnt notice the train journey flash by.
Roly01 27 March 2012 21:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Morning to all. Light drizzle here at Callala Bay. Grandson went off to work at 0500 and Sam left about 30 minutes ago. So Just me and dog to guard the house and eat the food in the fridge. Tried posting twice last night, but both posts got lost into the ether. It is the poor signal in this area. The new tower is up and ready to go and has been for the last twelve months, but we cannot find the person with the key to get in and switch it on. Typical of the Telecom that we have in this country. Have a nice day and hopefully this house will have better weather than I have had for the last two months or so.
Roly01 27 March 2012 21:29
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Fly home tomorrow and thanks for letting me in on Page one.
Forum post attachment
Margaret 27 March 2012 22:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 175

Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett Are we in Bury already love, I didnt notice the train journey flash by. Wouldnt it be great if it was this easy love?
Margaret 27 March 2012 22:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 175

Quoting: Arthur(Roly) Rowsell Fly home tomorrow and thanks for letting me in on Page one. Safe flight home Roly....back to normality? i hope you had a good few days,it seems only like yesterday you were getting ready to go...
Forum post attachment
Roly01 28 March 2012 00:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hoping for nice weather today, but dissapointed.... Drizzle and more drizzle. Washing done and nowhere to dry it. Think I will sink this bottle of rum......Bugga! Somebody got there before me Pub is long way and not open Shoot myself, but not got any ammo May as well stay sober ! That would shock a few. Good night to all you lot..... I will take the middle watch.
Margaret 28 March 2012 06:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 175

GOOD MORNING EVRYONE IN THE FAMILY, Margaret got us up rarly and we are off out for the day. catch you all this afternoon. (your all coming. so we are going out!)
Vicky 28 March 2012 09:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf175

Good morning everyone. Another beautiful day. Patricia and Margaret you were up even before me this morning, although I had been up and made a cuppa by then but gone back to bed for a while. Have a nice day. It is a sad day for me as it is the anniversary of the death of our darling grandson Graeme, my thoughts are with Kim and tony. Harry have a good trip on the train, look forward to seeing you again. I hope Colum gets back here soon. Roly have a safe trip back to Queensland. There are a few pictures in the paper this morning of forest fires that have occured around the country, I hope we get some rain soon as the New Forest is very dry and it only takes one careless person to set it off. I am having a quiet day as Ian is going saling later on. Have a nice day and take care.
Hugh Removed 28 March 2012 10:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good morning every one on this beautiful sunny day. The drought zone now being stretching further north and no sign of any rain. The yobs will soon start setting the heath land on fire they think its good fun. It happens every dry spell. They dont care a dam about wild life. we know who and where the yobs live but catching them at it is the problem. They shoot off into the forest on there off road motor bikes. Very worrying times Vicky even more so for you living in the beautiful New Forest. With out Colum on here it seems very quiet he must feel lost without his laptop. Well at least I hope its just his laptop thats keeping him from posting.
Vicky 28 March 2012 10:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf175

Hugh there was a big fire last year in dorset which was started deliberatly. Luckily we live near to the sea and not right in the forest but there is so much heathland near here as well and if we dont get rain soon the ponies etc are going to be hungry or will have to be fed.
Jacky Kelly 28 March 2012 10:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
C.F. 175

Good Morning To You Margaret. Wendy. Teresa. Vicky. Sheila. Patricia .Adele. Eve. Julie. Pat. Rita. Theresa. Tracy. Sheila(j).Sue Kate. June Pamela Christine. Mike. Harry. Colum.Roly Byron. Murray. Arthur. Ian ,Charlie. Eddie. Trevor. Pete. John Scouse,Hirons. Ron. Ray. Donald. Gordon. Graham. Phillip. David. Fred. Gus. Carl. (rev)John. Bob. Mick. Alan. Tony. Emlyn. Owen..Mathew. James.. Kevin. Andrew. Steve.Frank.Hugh.Gerard.Doug. Kingo. Maurice Wazza. Ray.& Shirl Kev. And All The Rest Of The Family Have A Lovely Sunny Wednesday.
Forum post attachment
John (Scouse) Hirons 28 March 2012 13:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Alright Each & All, Its another sunny & hot day on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey. Im off in a bit for a hair cut & shave (my monthly treat). I go to a good old fashioned men only barber, as you walk in a glass of larger or a tot of spirits is plonked in your hand & refilled as often as you want, he even ignores the smoking ban. The shave is a treat hot towels & cut throat razor an all that, a monthly bit of pampering is what everybody needs. Anyhoo Ill see you in a bit.
Handle Oval Balls With Care. 28 March 2012 13:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Each & All, It's another sunny & hot day on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey. I'm off in a bit for a hair cut & shave (my monthly treat). I go to a good old fashioned men only barber, as you walk in a glass of larger or a tot of spirits is plonked in your hand & refilled as often as you want, he even ignores the smoking ban. The shave is a treat hot towels & cut throat razor an' all that, a monthly bit of pampering is what everybody needs. Anyhoo I'll see you in a bit. Erm.That might create a problem Scouse,how will we recognise you? Finished at the coal face.Out for walkies soon,as it is around 20c here on the Costa Brid. At last,someone has been listening from the weather thingy.We are officially in a drout area. The fact that we have had a few showers now and again over nearly two years,would have been a big clue.
..... 28 March 2012 15:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Each & All, It's another sunny & hot day on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey. I'm off in a bit for a hair cut & shave (my monthly treat). I go to a good old fashioned men only barber, as you walk in a glass of larger or a tot of spirits is plonked in your hand & refilled as often as you want, he even ignores the smoking ban. The shave is a treat hot towels & cut throat razor an' all that, a monthly bit of pampering is what everybody needs. Anyhoo I'll see you in a bit. Sounds good that. Is it Twentymans Lad ?. In the 50s down in the Jewish Quarter of Leeds i was a Carpet saleman and next door was a Tonsorial Emporium run by Mrs. Black and her Daughter Rachel. I never had my Barnet done by any other Barber but my Pal Danny. The story was that next door the Mother cut your hair for 1/6d and for Two Bob you got "extras" under the sheet. Never having tampered personally i cant say for sure but i did see one or two gadgers coming out a bit glassy eyed with a very uneven neckline.
The Huntress 28 March 2012 20:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: john daly Sounds good that. Is it Twentymans Lad ?. In the 50s down in the Jewish Quarter of Leeds i was a Carpet saleman and next door was a Tonsorial Emporium run by Mrs. Black and her Daughter Rachel. I never had my Barnet done by any other Barber but my Pal Danny.  The story was that next door the Mother cut your hair for 1/6d and for Two Bob you got "extras" under the  sheet. Never having tampered personally i can't say for sure but i did see one or two gadgers coming out a bit glassy eyed with a very uneven neckline. JD We dont do smut on CF save that shite for your other thread Patricia
The Huntress 28 March 2012 20:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 175

Hi all the Family We have had a lovely day and harry has arrived looking great and is resting up for the party. we are a bit knackered again and we dont where the time has gone, but we will hit Bury market tomorrow, it is getting to be like a marathon, to get everything done.. 2 more sleeps and it is D Day all over again and we cant wait. So looking forward to seeing you all, our lovely Cf Family
John (Scouse) Hirons 28 March 2012 20:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Alright Each & All, Well thats me a picture of loveliness on two legs (I really should go to specsavers), Sandie is getting hers done tomorrow I will make no comment as I like my face the way it is. Mike, Youll recognize me no sweat...Ill be the pile of dung with a perfect hair do & a pint in one hand & a beautiful female in the other. I Hope anyone in the hotel (or in the area) on Saturday will find their way to the bar around 1400 - 1500ish for a pre-booze up libation.
..... 28 March 2012 21:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Patricia Davies JD We don't do smut on CF save that shite for your other thread Patricia Dont think they use the word Sh´´e either. Guess it would have been Ok. if i had put Mrs. Murphy . Dont read into things that are not there
..... 28 March 2012 21:53
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I do apologise if i have offfended anyone else on C.F. 175. J,ohn Daly
Vicky 29 March 2012 09:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf175

Good morning everyone, another lovely day, my tan is coming along nicely. Good to hear that Harry has arrived safely. Are you being waited on Harry by Margaret and Patricia?? Hugh lovely golfing weather for you. Patch is ready for his weekend away, Ian is taking him this afternoon and I have packed his box of food this morning. He is staying with the lady who looked after him last year as she takes dogs in to her home which is better than him being in kennels. Our nieghbour is giving us a lift to the station as it is safer than leaving the van in the car park all weekend. Have a nice day everyone and take care.
John (Scouse) Hirons 29 March 2012 10:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett Good morning everyone, another lovely day, my tan is coming along nicely. Good to hear that Harry has arrived safely. Are you being waited on Harry by Margaret and Patricia?? Hugh lovely golfing weather for you. Patch is ready for his weekend away, Ian is taking him this afternoon and I have packed his box of food this morning. He is staying with the lady who looked after him last year as she takes dogs in to her home which is better than him being in kennels. Our nieghbour is giving us a lift to the station as it is safer than leaving the van in the car park all weekend. Have a nice day everyone and take care. Alright Vicky, Top of the morning to yis (as Colum wouldnt say) have a safe & pleasant trip & well see you on Saturday. Weve got our son & his girl moving into ours on Friday evening to look after our moggy,we put him in a cattery once & the poor thing went loopy so never again.
Handle Oval Balls With Care. 29 March 2012 10:31
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Morning all. No smut Patricia! Thats me buggered then. As shopping is not my thing,I will be sat awaiting the two beautiful people in the bar,or sat outside,depending on the weather,to welcome them. I am building myself up to going out to wash the car,dont want to export bird shyte over the border. Good on you Harry,pleased that you are fit enough to travel,now I hope that it is not too painful to reach into your pockets. Enjoy your day all.
Jacky Kelly 29 March 2012 10:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
C.F. 175

Good Morning To You Margaret. Wendy. Teresa. Vicky. Sheila. Patricia .Adele. Eve. Julie. Pat. Rita. Theresa. Tracy. Sheila(j).Sue Kate. June Pamela Christine. Mike. Harry. Colum.Roly Byron. Murray. Arthur. Ian ,Charlie. Eddie. Trevor. Pete. John Scouse,Hirons. Ron. Ray. Donald. Gordon. Graham. Phillip. David. Fred. Gus. Carl. (rev)John. Bob. Mick. Alan. Tony. Emlyn. Owen..Mathew. James.. Kevin. Andrew. Steve.Frank.Hugh.Gerard.Doug. Kingo. Maurice Wazza. Ray.& Shirl Kev. And All The Rest Of The Family Have A Nice.Sunny Thursday
Forum post attachment
Hugh Removed 29 March 2012 12:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good morning every one on this beautiful warm sunny day. This is certainly golfing weather Vicky I was out at 0700 before every one else arrived. Had the golf course to my self so I could take my time and really enjoy it. Made quite alot of friends to play with, already have plans 0930 Friday 9 holes. 0700 Saturday 18 holes and Monday 0900 18 holes. Exercise and good company what could be better. Any one been in touch with Colum just wondering how he is ???? Our new combi boilers now being tested to see if its OK. The contracter done a neat and tidy job with very little mess I would certainly have him again if ever required.
Kev B 29 March 2012 13:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Cyber Family 175

G'day everyone from down under Hope all are well and preparing for the so called coming snow in the old dart.  Glad to see Mr Tony Morland British Defence Medal Campaign is getting many members support if you have not vote please do its for Servicemen and Women, Veterans and their families we all in this together.   We all have stories of loved one being taken POW/ wounded by IED/EOD  or traumatized (PTSD) by terrorism/combat . Those who are currently Serving and Veterans always need our support! Lest We Forget Kev   Last edited by Kev bywater Last edited by Kev bywater
John (Scouse) Hirons 29 March 2012 14:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Kev bywater G'day everyone from down under Hope all are well and preparing for the so called coming snow in the old dart.  Glad to see Mr Tony Morland British Defence Medal Campaign is getting many members support if you have not vote please do its for Servicemen and Women, Veterans and their families we all in this together.   We all have stories of loved one being taken POW/ wounded by IED/EOD  or traumatized (PTSD) by terrorism/combat . Those who are currently Serving and Veterans always need our support! Lest We Forget Kev   Last edited by Kev bywater Last edited by Kev bywater Alright Kev, Gud-ay to you our antipodean mukker. As for the Defence Medal its not the british way, do I deserve a gong for not seeing any action no do I deserve a gong for serving during the cold war also no. Were not Yanks we only get medals if we earn them.
Kev B 29 March 2012 14:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Cyber Family 175

Hello to you , The days of Victorian attitudes have past ! Also I have many friends who are Americans who were wounded POWs & Vietnam Veterans they pride themselves with their many awards. They deserved everyone of them.   Its doesn't diminished or ridicule anyone by having British National Defence Medal if a medal was awarded. Last edited by Kev bywater
John (Scouse) Hirons 29 March 2012 15:32
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Kev bywater Hello to you , The days of Victorian attitudes have past ! Also I have many friends who are Americans who were wounded  POWs & Vietnam Veterans they pride themselves with their many awards. They deserved everyone of them.   Its doesn't diminished or ridicule anyone by having British National Defence Medal if a medal was awarded. Last edited by Kev bywater Alright Kev, This isnt really the thread to debate this but if you open a thread I sure there would be a lot of members who would join in, some for some against.
Roly01 29 March 2012 22:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good morning to all. I am back in my old outdoor office and the sun is shining but the wind is whistling by and it is quite cool. When I flew into the Sunshine Coast yesterday the sun was out for about 3 minutes and then it reverted to rain and more rain while I was driven back to the caravan. Dropped my bags and went into Maleny for some shopping and to ensure I could eat last night and this morning. After the shopping was done, I fell into my Maleny Hotel for a bevy or threee or more. Did not get home to the van until after 6pm and it was dark and no power to the van. I had forgotten that I had disconnected power to van and had to lay out the power lines and restore the power and water. So fridge was not cold and the rain kept atumbling down. Life was not meant to be easy! Hope you all have a great gathering this weekend and I wish I was with you. Anyway, I will swing a toast or three in your direction over the weekend and hope you all travel safely and return home even safer and more relaxed. My love and best wishes to all of you and please keep that Mike Gadgey in control. Ensure that he has someone to navigate for him or he will get hopelesley lost. Shame that Colum is not on air and I believe that he is not attending as well. Hope he gets his computer working soon. He is sadly missed. This time next week, Friday, I will be on the move again. This time to go and look after the farm at Woodford for three weeks or more. That should allow me to save a bit of money as it is so far to the pub. Although, that has not stopped me before. It is the drive home that gives me the poos. Take care all and I dare say that the CF thread will be quiet for the next few days, as it has for the last week. Both Gasbags have been missing while shopping up a storm in Bury. (Helps the economy, I suppose) Enjoy the weekend and love from this end of the world. I hope this is not Ians!
Forum post attachment
Raymond Hall 30 March 2012 02:28
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
general

dear roly,glad to see you up and about, miss your pos ts, [whats new] we will probably ge the only 2 posting over the weekend, look after yourself,have a rum for me ray/shirl
Pamela Forbes 30 March 2012 03:31
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: raymond hall dear roly,glad to see you up and about, miss your pos ts, [whats new] we will probably ge the only 2 posting over the weekend, look after yourself,have a rum for me ray/shirl Not so fast, Raymondo!! My Roly Poly knows that his little Cheshire Pussy Cat and Darling Daisy will be standing by to share a cheese dream and a steak sandwich! How could anyone resist such a handsome highland warrior???
Forum post attachment
Raymond Hall 30 March 2012 03:59
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cnyber family 174

[QOTE]Quoting: Pamela Forbes     Not so fast, Raymondo!!       My Roly Poly knows that his little Cheshire Pussy Cat and Darling Daisy will be standing by to share a cheese dream and a steak sandwich!        How could anyone resist such a handsome highland warrior???     [/QUOTE] now just a minuet young pussy cat! where do I come in the eqeasion?[obviousley at the bottom] but may will soon be here,and I will be knocking on your door,!then you will realise what your misseng[lol] raymondo
Forum post attachment
The Scottish Tornado 30 March 2012 05:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hello Folks have ben up all night so will have a sleep on the way. I am going to have a few friends for dinner # Just leaving now Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jacky Kelly 30 March 2012 06:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
C.F. 175

Good Morning To You Margaret. Wendy. Teresa. Vicky. Sheila. Patricia .Adele. Eve. Julie. Pat. Rita. Theresa. Tracy. Sheila(j).Sue Kate. June Pamela Christine. Mike. Harry. Colum.Roly Byron. Murray. Arthur. Ian ,Charlie. Eddie. Trevor. Pete. John Scouse,Hirons. Ron. Ray. Donald. Gordon. Graham. Phillip. David. Fred. Gus. Carl. (rev)John. Bob. Mick. Alan. Tony. Emlyn. Owen..Mathew. James.. Kevin. Andrew. Steve.Frank.Hugh.Gerard.Doug. Kingo. Maurice Wazza. Ray.& Shirl And All The Rest Of The Family Have A Nice Friday.
Forum post attachment
Vicky 30 March 2012 08:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf175

Good morning everyone. June you were an early bird, hope you all have a good journey. Jacky you are also up in good time. Patch went off on his hols yesterday and it does seem strange without him. We catch the train at 10am and should get to Manchester at about 2.30pm, then get the metro to the hotel. Roly what a great photo on FB of you in your kilt. You look very smart. Harry are the Bury two looking after you well, see you later. Have a nice day everyone and take care.
Roly01 30 March 2012 22:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Well! I am glad I will not be alone this weekend while everybody is away drinking and having fun..... At least I have Raymondo and his good lady Shirl to abuse me from Adelaide and then I have the Lovely Pamela and her wonderful "Mutley" to speak lovely, soothing words of friendship to me lugholes. What more could a young lustful, handsome fella want???? Now just have to find the young lustful bloke and give him a thump on the nose!!!! Saturday morning and a very pleasant cool breeze is blowing through the office and the sun is shining down from hazy skies. My caravan has all its doors open (1) and the windows as well, hoping the breeze will blow the mould and damp out through the openings and send it packing. I have to next Friday to get is sorted, as then I lock up the van for about two months and go to the farm at Woodford to look after the cattle and a cocker spaniel whilst the owners take off to enjoy the Scottish highlands. I have to go to find the youngest daughter this weekend to show her the photos of her nieces wedding. She could not come down with me due to work commitments. She will be sad that she missed the wedding. Now I also have to start saving a bit of dosh ready for my trip to the R.S.L. conference at Port Douglas in Far North Queensland in June. That is about a 30 hour train trip from Nambour. It is cheaper for me to go by train than by air. I used my pension tickets for the rail travel so only have to pay the booking fee of $25 instead of a fare of $465. Leave me more monies for beer! The one downside of the trip is that my mate and his wife are not going as they have been replaced as delegates by their President. The man has relatives living up that way. It will be the first conference in over 10 years that Jeff and Desley will not be attending. Life sucks! Righto! Time I was away, so if any of you lot at Bury are not enjoying yourself, then get into the naughty corner and only come out when you are in a better mood. Take care all.
Forum post attachment
Pamela Forbes 31 March 2012 02:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hi Roly. I thought I had better pop in before I go to sleep so you wont feel lonely. Glad to hear that the wedding went well and you enjoyed yourself. You certainly looked very splendid in your kilt. I hope youve managed to blow away the cobwebs and the mould and get your van shipshape before your move to Woodford. Ive been trying to pick up that last attachment of yours with the drunken dog on but it must be back on 174. Do you remember way back I tried for ages to get a pic on for you that I said you would love but never managed to get it to print? Well, guess what, that was the one!! I think the gang in Bury must have been keeping the noise down as Ive been keeping an ear out and havent been able to hear the sound of Margaret singing or Patricia doing the can-can! Ive left you a cheese dream for when you get back. Can you wake me up with a nice cuppa and one of those great breakfasts you usually make me?? Mutley sends you a lick. and says can she have a sausage? Raymondo, I made an extra cheese dream for you but I dont fancy your chances of getting past Roly!! p.s. Roly, youll be in trouble when Jack sees youve been using his brandy glass!!!
Forum post attachment
Roly01 1 April 2012 00:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good morning to all and it is a really nice sunny morning here in the hills above Maroochydore. Light breeze and just horizon to horizon, blue skies. Good morning to you Miss Pamela, you look georgous in that negligee and I have Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes with three slices of toast and a special sausage for my friendly "Mutley". Now would you like tea, coffee or orange juice, freshly squeezed from Oranges on the tree in the back garden? On a serious note, we in South East Queensland have been hit with a serious farming problem. All the farmers and growers who grow the peanut trees are have trouble with the nuts falling out of the trees before they are properly formed. This is caused by the excessive rain. It is going to cost the industry millions in lost production and also cause a severe shortage of peanuts for the hospitality industry. 1st day of a new month and I feel top of the tree at the moment. I hope the pineapple industry is not hit by the same disease as the peanuts. One of those falling from a tree could be disastrous to the persons walking underneath. Very quiet from Bury area....... They are probably stunned by the antics of the two gasbags in town and having to drink to drown the noise of Margaret and Patricia chatting. I hope they are having a good time though..........Did Colum fly over to join them??????? Have a nice day and do not take any bent nickels from strangers.....
Pamela Forbes 1 April 2012 00:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
That breakfast sounds lovely, Roly. As its turned a bit cooler here you may serve it to me in bed as usual with a pot of Earl Grey please. Im sorry to hear about the problem with the peanut trees. We had a similar problem here a few years back with the Spaghetti harvest. Its just one of those things Im afraid. Something to do with the time of year. Enjoy your blue skies and sunshine now the rain has gone away.
Raymond Hall 1 April 2012 03:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cyber family 175

dear roly,you have finaly hit the jacpot! ex president carter[usa] is on way to youand will pay a fortune for peanut trees as he grows all his in the ground.ps I will need 10% commission as your agent. ray
Vicky 1 April 2012 19:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf175

Good evening all, we are back from our wonderful weekend in Bury. A good time was had by all and the 4 hour plus train journey was well worth it, even today when we were packed in on the trains like sardines with people bringing on the biggest siutcases that they could find and then having to find room to put them. good job that I had reserved our seats. A big thank you to Margaret for the usual superb hostessing skills. Thanks also to June for the scrumptious cheesecakes and to Patricia and Scouse for the lovely and funny gifts. It was so nice to meet up with all our friends again from far and wide. Roly Colum didnt make it but we did speak to him on saturday night, he hopes to be back online this week.
Roly01 1 April 2012 22:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Thank you Vicky for the report and glad that you all had fun. Shame that Colum did not get over and I for one will be pleased to get back to taking the Micky out of the poor fella. Ray, as for Carter taking over our peanut plantations. I doubt if he would be allowed to land on our hallowed soil here in Queensland. He was not well like by our own hillbillies. He gave them a bad name. I hope that Patch will be pleased to welcome you and Ian back to the fold Vicki. He will have missed you both very much. He knows which side his bread is buttered! Monday, and this is the day all normal people get back to a short weeks work. I hope they earn good money and pray that they pay the correct tax on the funds gained as this money goes to my pension and helps me to live the lifestyle as I wish to grow accustomed. Work harder please! Thank you all! Have a good week and you can all live and look forward to the Easter Long Weekend.
Vicky 2 April 2012 08:59
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf175

Good morning everyone from a sunny but cold New Forest, a bit of a change from yesterdays warm sunshine. We had a long journey back home, train was so crowded from Manchester to Birmingham and then it was not so bad and why oh why does everyone munch on bags of crisps. Harry thankyou for loading my Kindle and it was great to see you looking well. June I hope you have a good journey home to Scotland where I believe there is already snow. Mike did you have a good journey home? It was good to see you again. Scouse and Sandie thanks for the great CD's thye will go in our campervan and when we are going on long journeys they will remind us of the good times we spend together. Sandie you are looking so well now. Roly Patch was pleased to see us and Linda said he enjoyed his hols and was very good. He is now obssessed with Freddy Fox cuddly toy that Patricia bought him and Patricia he says thanks very very much. Have a nice day everyone and take care. Last edited by vicky codling nee bassett
Roly01 2 April 2012 09:15
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Dear Vicky. I am pleased to hear that Patch was a good dog and that he is enjoying his new toy from Patricia. I think I should have put in my order as well. I am sat in the pool room of the pub with a beer on the table whilst I type this. Dusk is upon us and the cockatoos are settling in the big fir trees in the car park outside. Reminds me of the starling doing there evening performance as they settle for the night in UK. Cool evening but I am still in my shorts and polo shirt. Will not be long before jumpers will be set loose from the cases and cupboards and being worn and then around the end of April, we will be thinking of moving into long pants in the evenings. It has been a really lovely day today with lots of sunshine and just enough cloud to prevent any burning. Showers are forecast for Wednesday and Thursday and then it should be fine for the Easter Long Weekend. Already the tourists are moving into the area and on the radio today, the usual complaints from the campers on Fraser Island about the wild dogs moving into the camping sites and raiding the tents for food and scraps from the fishermen. For Gods sake, leave them alone, they have lived on the island for thousands of years and we are the interlopers into their territory and especially around Easter when they are breeding and looking for every bit of food that they can find. They are bound to get a bit stropulous. Their is a movement to have them all culled........I am against that! OK. Beer glass is a bit empty and I will get of my soapbox and go and get it filled. Have a good day everyone and hope the weather is nice for you all.
Handle Oval Balls With Care. 2 April 2012 11:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Morning all from a sunny but cool Costa Brid. After having a great p**s up at the weekend,back to getting the old stomach in order. Great hosts,and fantasic boozing friends to make it what it was. I arrived home around midday Vicky,with not too much traffic on the motorway. I can just see you in a corner,playing with a bone Roly,and rolling over to let the other regulars tickle your lugs. But then,maybe you would like a real bone to bite at,up to the neck.of some arse hole. I see that Colum is still AWOL,and was missed from the "Get together" You only have two more days to be dragged around Bury market Harry,so then have a safe trip home. The same thought to you Patricia,have a good flight back to Canada on Thursday.And dont forget,I have the photos.
John (Scouse) Hirons 2 April 2012 14:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Alright Each & All, We got home around 1400 after an uneventful drive. Luckily Allan & Lil Jon had had the forethought to go to the supermarket & lay in more liquid supplies to welcome us back & thats why I havent posted til today I was in no fit state. As is now usual the Bury thrash was brilliant, Margaret & Phil were the perfect host & hostess there was ample good food & copious amounts of liquid refreshments add that to the company of excellent people & you have the perfect recipe for a great time. Margaret, Thanks for a great party, Ill sell you back the lead off your roof at a discounted price. Jack, Sorry you had to leave so early & we hope youre feeling better today, dont forget you promised Mine Fuhrer that you would see your quack asap. Colum, You were missed me auld mate, it was good talking to you but next time lets see you as well. Harry, It was great to see you looking so well, keep up the good work. Remember a pint a-day is good for you, up to now Im up to the 25th of June 2525. Vicky, As usual Sandie & I enjoyed your & Ians company. Im chuffed that you enjoyed my feeble effort at knocking up music, I will improve next time...honest. June, Oh well there you are back in the barbarian North, I trust everything went well with your trip (is it true that if you fly to Aberdeen on arrival the Captain tells you to turn your watches back 50 years?). Mine Fuhrer has just looked at the weather for round your way & it seems that you are having that cold white stuff dropping on your heard...make a snowman for me. Mike, How are you diddling me auld Tyke mukker? it must be gear to be able to visit civilization every now & then. Pat, Last but by no means least Sandie & I really enjoyed meeting up with you again, I managed to stop Lil Jon from liberating my sport shirt & we are off to our Jackies later on & well give Jenny Wren her prezzy then.
Margaret 2 April 2012 20:28
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 175

evening everyone... so glad to hear you all made it home ok,i heard from June this afternoon,she called into Jackys and he was in bed but he made it home ok x Again thankyou all for your wonderful company and taking the time and effort to come over,we had a great time again,and thankyou for the special gifts we have tried to have a quiet day today but some how it hasnt worked out.. i am shattered tonight as is all of us Patricia is sat next to me sleeping like a baby... her leg is sore and still prone to bleeding,sshhhh dont let on how she cut it open... but harry has the photos.... Phil went to see the surgeon today,he was away and he had to see his reg.but she has made an emergency appointment to see him next wed,she thinks he needs more surgery as his spine is crumbling and his nerves are trapped,its possible he will need a rod inserted in his spine... so here we go again... Tomorrow Patricia and me are going to Bury to get her presents to take back to canada,i cant believe how fast this last two weeks has gone,it seems as if we have never stopped...... thanks to all who kept cf going over the weekend,lots of brownie points earned... i am going to make a cuppa i could end up asleep within 1 slurp catch you all later,and Harry sends his love ..he is fine and feels his break has perked him up, Mike you have to believe that Harrys nickname of "big eats" should now be downgraded to "medium eats"
Roly01 2 April 2012 23:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Great to hear the reports of what seems to have been another cracker weekend at Bury. Only wish I had been there. Nice sunny but cool morning here and I have a drippy nose and a sore throat. Not sure if it is a cold or a hay fever breakout. I just hope it is not the mould from the caravan playing havoc with the lungs. I had a bit of a lay in this morning due to this chesty feeling. Breakfast of weetabix and honey and milk. Need bacon and eggs but cannot be bothered to cook this morning. The RSL Sub Branch has called a meeting for Thursday morning for three hours to discuss the Programme for ANZAC DAY. Typical, as that is the day I am going to see my youngest daughter and as far as I am concerned, she comes first. This could have all been done over the last five weeks if they had left me the files while I was in charge. Instead, it is a last minute fight......Well they can forget my participation. OK. Enough of my whinging. Have a good nights sleep and take care all.
Vicky 3 April 2012 08:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf175

Good morning everyone, the sun is out for now but it is very cold. June I hope you got home ok and that you are not snowed in. Roly get well soon, its not like you to be off your food. Patrica and Margaret have a good day in Bury, go to Leckonbys for lunch, its great. Patchs Freddy Fox is now headless and has no tail but he still loves it. Have a nice day everyone and take care.