The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Mothers Day Sunday.

Mothers Day Sunday.

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by ..... 16 March 2012 19:55 848 views Link  
..... 16 March 2012 19:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Mothers Day Sunday.

Like the majority of us i had a most wonderful Mother. I was fortunate in that she lived to be 94 and then only a fall ended her life. Each year i just wish there was some way i could have five minutes just to tell her the things i never did say. "Is there someone you know, your loving them so but taking them all for granted, you may lose them one day, someone takes them away and they dont hear the words you long to say, I would give anything i own, give up my life ,my heart ,my Home, yes i would give anything i own just to have you back again"... R.I.P. Ma. David Gates (Bread)
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Ally Bell 16 March 2012 20:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
nice sentiment JD. i lost my mum just before i was posted to singers. 1969-1971. thought about her quite alot while i was stationed there. also how my dad was.. anyhow ,me and wifey took the flowers to her grave today. still love them both.....
Vicky 16 March 2012 20:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Mothers Day Sunday

You were lucky JD to have your Mum for so long, I lost my Mum when I was only 27 and have missed her ever since.
Nobby 16 March 2012 21:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
...and mine on my 7th birthday. Amazingly I have a couple of very clear recollections of her.
..... 16 March 2012 21:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett You were lucky JD to have your Mum for so long, I lost my Mum when I was only 27 and have missed her ever since. Hi Vicky, On the down side i lost my Father suddenly to a Heart attack when i was Twelve.
Cave Adsum 16 March 2012 22:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Mothering Sunday

I was more fortunate than most in that when my Mother died at the age of 89, I was able to conduct her funeral. Standing next to her coffin and addressing my family was a great privelege and an honour.
Michael Pavitt 18 March 2012 09:07
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hetty.

Thinking of my Mother Hetty today. A well known figure in the Medway Towns. She did so much for others especially as a nurse during the War for which she was made a serving sister of the Order of St John.I treasure her medal today,sometimes eccentric and difficult to get on with she was.......My Mum.