The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Is That Room Service !!!

Is That Room Service !!!

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by ..... 9 March 2012 10:47 2165 views Link  
..... 9 March 2012 10:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Is That Room Service !!!

When i was a lad growing up in Leeds West Yorks. just occasionally we passed Armley Gaol. This is a Black stone place built in a Castle style with a Turret. An extremely forbidding looking place. My Dad used to point it out and say "Thats where they put bad people. Some Monday mornings at 9 am. they used to hang Murderers there. In Later years i had occasion to fit some carpets in one of the Officers quarters (Also designed in the Castle style) It was just as off putting on the inside. Many years later the Pub just a few hundred yards away became my local and certain times there would be strangers in there talking quietly about smuggling "Snout" or something similar in to the Nick. Today i read that under the "Freedom of Information act" complaints from the Armley Shovel are as follows "Trouble with toilet not flushing quickly enough,not received his Newspaper, Cell and Wing not warm enough, Out of date sandwich, The quality of the Hot chocolate, lack of toaster in cell, not enough choice of potato with meals. These are Category B prisoners so are not there because they shoplifted a bar of chocolate. Mr Mackay would turn in his grave
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 9 March 2012 15:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Is that room Service!!!

Ive read that prisoners now have to be addressed as Mr......... instead of their number or simply Hey you. Get your backside out of there etc. TC.
Ros Comain. 9 March 2012 16:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I am sure the Governor must be considering sending his staff on a Customer Service course, in order to reduce these high levels of Customer complaints A case I think, of falling standards within the prison service !!
Syd Jones 9 March 2012 17:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Michael Potter I am sure the Governor must be considering sending his staff on a Customer Service course,  /whistle.gif[/IMG] Michael, At Tescos perhaps? Cheers, Syd.
Ally Bell 9 March 2012 20:24
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
yeh,minds me of this lot.....
Forum post attachment
Bomber 10 March 2012 10:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
A couple of months chained to the walls in Dudley Castle would soon change their minds.
Spud 12 March 2012 01:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
As a serving prison officer for the equivalent of 1&1/2 life sentences and working in every type of wing from Maximum to Minimum, incuding a year in the At Risk Unit (prisoners at risk of self harm and suicide), and working with every type of prisoner from multiple murderer to repeat drunk driving I have much to write on the subject but the Code Of Conduct that we all sign forbids us to comment in public about any aspect pertaining to the NZ Department Of Corrections. To breach this will result in Serious Misconduct, and colleagues have been dismissed in the past. Public includes cyber space and as I do not know if anyone in a mnagerial role browses this site it is in my best interests not to comment. But wait until I'm retired......... Last edited by Gerard Grout
Al 12 March 2012 09:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Gerard, Its the same in the UK. Friend of mine who lives in the same village works for the Prison Service. He reckons the prisoners get more privilages than he does. Like you he cant sound off in public for fear of loosing his job. Hes a qualified horticulturist and tries to teach them gardening and the joys of fresh veggies in the prison kitchen. He was heart broken when he saw the efforts that he and the few who were interested watched their efforts go into the swill bin. Food with chips and other junk was all the majority wanted. Hed walk out of it tomorrow if he could, but at 60 finding another job would almost be impossible. He lives for the day hell be 65 and can go, but thats no way to be, wishing your life away.
..... 12 March 2012 18:29
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Gerard Grout As a serving prison officer for the equivalent of 1&1/2 life sentences and working in every type of wing from Maximum to Minimum, incuding a year in the At Risk Unit (prisoners at risk of self harm and suicide), and working with every type of prisoner from multiple murderer to repeat drunk driving I have much to write on the subject but the Code Of Conduct that we all sign forbids us to comment in public about any aspect pertaining to the NZ Department Of Corrections. To breach this will result in Serious Misconduct, and colleagues have been dismissed in the past. Public includes cyber space and as I do not know if anyone in a mnagerial role browses this site it is in my best interests not to comment. But wait until I'm retired.........   Last edited by Gerard Grout Gerard get yourself a Transfer over to Frankland High security nick in durham. There the Pagan prisoners want to be allowed to wak about and pray in the Nude  (Skyclad as it is called by Pagans).   Sorry Pal have just realised that it might be a Men Only Prison and you don't sound like a man who uses the back door, but anyway if they  do get the Go ahead it may spread to Holloway and other Female  Houses of correction. Last edited by john daly
Spud 15 March 2012 02:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Watching one of those American toughest jails docos, when it gets to the inevitable cell extraction part my missus asks if I do that sort of thing. Yep. Just like that? If you take away half the COs you see, tazers, batons, electric shields, pepper spray, stun grenades, and restraint chairs yep, its just like that. How often would you do that? Oh, about 4 or 5 times a day (apart from helping break up a few fights, Ive been involved in just one full on incident in the last couple of years since Ive been in a low security unit..... and that was as camera operator ). Really? Yep, thats why Im always too tired to go shopping with you. (after a couple of minutes) So how come you can go cycling around the hills for a couple of hours or go swimming after work? errr, umm, err.......as today was a quiet one, how about I take you to the malls for some retail therapy.