{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Six Nations Rugby

Six Nations Rugby

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Marie Drew 25 February 2012 19:36 2934 views Link  
Marie Drew 25 February 2012 19:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Six Nations Rugby

I am surprised that there has been little interest in the Six Nations Tournament and posts have been conspicuous by their absence. Today Wales gained the Triple Crown and are well on the way to achieving the Grand Slam. Scot Williams did well to find a hole in the England defence, kick and score the only try of the match. I must say. as a new team, England, even though considered the underdogs at the beginning of the match, did come into their own, putting much pressure on the Wales side for most of the second half of the match.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Little Mo 25 February 2012 19:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Im a very happy woman today as my country won the Triple Crown in a good game of rugby, all i need now is for Cardiff to beat Liverpool tomorrow and that would make my weekend complete.
..... 25 February 2012 20:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Ladies, Pass the Kleenex Please.
Ally Bell 25 February 2012 20:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Maureen Cartwright nee Lawrence I'm a very happy woman today as my country won the Triple Crown in a good game of rugby, all i need now is for Cardiff to beat Liverpool tomorrow and that would make my weekend complete.[IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] i hope you have a complete weekend..
Marie Drew 25 February 2012 20:53
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Maureen Cartwright nee Lawrence I'm a very happy woman today as my country won the Triple Crown in a good game of rugby, all i need now is for Cardiff to beat Liverpool tomorrow and that would make my weekend complete.[IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] Maureen, I too am a happy woman and waiting for the 17th March when Wales meet France for I shall be there at the Millenium Stadium to see Wales win the Grand Slam..............hopefully.
Little Mo 25 February 2012 21:31
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Marie Drew Maureen,   I too am a happy woman and waiting for the 17th March when Wales meet France for I shall be there at the Millenium Stadium to see Wales win the Grand Slam..............hopefully. [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] I will be keeping my fingers crossed that we win against France.
Little Mo 25 February 2012 21:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Ally Bell  i hope you have a complete weekend..[IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/devil.gif[/IMG] So does my husband, as like you Ally hes a Man. Utd. supporter.
Scouse 25 February 2012 22:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Ally Bell  i hope you have a complete weekend..[IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/devil.gif[/IMG] Maureen and Andy ---after me Our father who art in Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mo 25 February 2012 22:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Maureen Cartwright nee Lawrence[/B] [I]I'm a very happy woman today as my country won the Triple Crown in a good game of rugby, all i need now is for Cardiff to beat Liverpool tomorrow and that would make my weekend complete.[IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] [/I][/QUOTE]Watced the match Maureen i t was very good and entertaining . Bet there wiil be a few Psalm Singers in full Voice in the Valleys Tonight and a few Sheep atrembling on the Hillsides on seeing lots of men wearing Wellington Boots. (just a joke Maureen in Frank Carsons words "its the way i tell em" ) on a more serious note i think the Nations Down Under may be looking over their Shoulders as British Rugby across the board is on the Up.:thumb: :thumb:
Nobby 25 February 2012 22:29
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
When Wales were in NZ last year for the RWC, the general consensus was they were capable of beating anyone on the day.
Pamela Forbes 26 February 2012 01:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Marie Drew Maureen,   I too am a happy woman and waiting for the 17th March when Wales meet France for I shall be there at the Millenium Stadium to see Wales win the Grand Slam..............hopefully. [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] Marie and Maureen, I am with you all the way as far as the 17th March is concerned. Although I consider myself an English Rose I have Welsh ancestors and always cheer Wales on when they are playing anyone other than England. I enjoy singing the Welsh National Anthem at full volume before their matches, ( that must be the Welsh blood coming through! ) and I dont want to make you jealous but I rubbed shoulders with J.P.R in the medical students bar at St.Marys Hospital in 69/70. Unfortunately, the match takes place on the wrong Saints Day but lets hope that St.Patrick is smiling on the Welsh. (He couldnt possibly smile on the French!! )
Vicky 26 February 2012 09:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
six nations rugby

I enjoyed the match but being English I would have liked England to win and thought that for a new team they played well. I do have a foot in both camps though as my Mum was welsh. England women beat Wales women 33 - 0
Mo 26 February 2012 10:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
women

[QUOTE]Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett[/B] [I]I enjoyed the match but being English I would have liked England to win and thought that for a new team they played well. I do have a foot in both camps though as my Mum was welsh. England women beat Wales women 33 - 0 [/I][/QUOTE]Maybe they were more "abreast " of their game than their Male counterparts.;) ;) ;)
Steve Greenwood 26 February 2012 12:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
It may be of some consolation to the Welsh contingent of these forums to know that the French team are going through the same transition as England are at this time. You all must realise, of course, that they will be no push-over and Wales will have to be at the top of their game to overcome an attacking side that give no quarter.
Scouse 26 February 2012 13:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
It did help a bit that the last try was scored with just a little help of a knock on .
Marie Drew 26 February 2012 14:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I enjoy singing the Welsh National Anthem at full volume before their matches, ( that must be the Welsh blood coming through! ) and I don't want to make you jealous but I rubbed shoulders with J.P.R in the medical  students bar at St.Mary's Hospital in 69/70. .......................................and did you swoon over him when he did his rounds Pamela??[IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/love.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/love.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/love.gif[/IMG] Last edited by Marie Drew
Marie Drew 26 February 2012 18:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Steve Greenwood It may be of some consolation to the Welsh contingent of these forums to know that the French team are going through the same transition as England are  at this time. You all must realise, of course, that they  will be no push-over and Wales will have to be at the top of their game to overcome an attacking side that give no quarter. [/QUOTE You are so right Steve. I watched the Scotland/France game this afternoon and France played their usual fast open rugby and are so dangerous making the most of any opportunity. Wales will have their work cut out when they meet.
Mo 26 February 2012 20:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Marie Drew Maureen,   I too am a happy woman and waiting for the 17th March when Wales meet France for I shall be there at the Millenium Stadium to see Wales win the Grand Slam..............hopefully. [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/top.gif[/IMG] after watching the French against Scotland the Welsh have only to put their Reserves out and they will walk it.
Marie Drew 10 March 2012 18:53
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
It was not the most inspiring game which Wales played today. A win all the same and puts them on track for next Saturdays game against France where they will have to up their game if they want the Grand Slam. France will be no push over.
Pamela Forbes 11 March 2012 01:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Marie Drew I enjoy singing the Welsh National Anthem at full volume before their matches, ( that must be the Welsh blood coming through! ) and I don't want to make you jealous but I rubbed shoulders with J.P.R in the medical  students bar at St.Mary's Hospital in 69/70. .......................................and did you swoon over him when he did his rounds Pamela??[IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/love.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/love.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/love.gif[/IMG]   Last edited by Marie Drew Hi Marie, I hope that you are well. Sorry I seem to have missed replying to your post before. In answer to your question.... No swooning, I never fancied him, and no rounds at St. Marys for me. I was at RAF Hospital Uxbridge at the time, which was very handy for visiting my rather dishy boyfriend who like JPR was a final year medical student at the time. You will be counting down the days to the 17th. I hope that you have a wonderful day down in Cardiff and will be keeping all fingers (and toes) crossed for Wales. To help you practise your singing here is a reminder of the words........ Oops!! They seem to have done a runner..... Ill see if I can catch them!
Pamela Forbes 11 March 2012 01:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Lyrics Welsh National Anthem Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi, Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri; Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mâd, Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed. Cytgan Gwlad, Gwlad, pleidiol wyf im gwlad. Tra môr yn fur ir bur hoff bau, O bydded ir hen iaith barhau. Hen Gymru fynyddig, paradwys y bardd, Pob dyffryn, pob clogwyn im golwg sydd hardd; Trwy deimlad gwladgarol, mor swynol yw si Ei nentydd, afonydd i mi. Os treisiodd y gelyn fy ngwald tan ei droed, Mae hen iaith y Cymry mor fyw ac erioed, Ni luddiwyd yr awen gan erchyll law brad, Na thelyn berseiniol fy ngwlad. Caught them! Now Im off to find the oxygen!
Marie Drew 11 March 2012 10:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Pamela Forbes Lyrics Welsh National Anthem Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi, Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri; Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mâd, Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed. Cytgan Gwlad, Gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad. Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bau, O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau. Hen Gymru fynyddig, paradwys y bardd, Pob dyffryn, pob clogwyn i'm golwg sydd hardd; Trwy deimlad gwladgarol, mor swynol yw si Ei nentydd, afonydd i mi. Os treisiodd y gelyn fy ngwald tan ei droed, Mae hen iaith y Cymry mor fyw ac erioed, Ni luddiwyd yr awen gan erchyll law brad, Na thelyn berseiniol fy ngwlad.    Caught them!    Now I'm off to find the oxygen!     [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG] Pamela I learnt the Welsh National anthem (first verse which is always sung) as a young child in school and have never forgotten it. Next Saturday we are hoping to arrive at the stadium early so I can sing my heart out.
Steve Greenwood 11 March 2012 16:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
O.K. Wales! England have softened the French up for you. Now go and give them hell!!!
Marie Drew 11 March 2012 17:39
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Steve Greenwood O.K. Wales!  England have softened the French up for you.  Now go and give them hell!!! Steve, we definitely will on Saturday. England began the match this afternoon on good form but nearly lost it through indiscipline. The most exciting part was the last five minutes.
..... 11 March 2012 17:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Marie Drew Steve, we definitely will on Saturday. England began the match this afternoon on good form but nearly lost it through indiscipline.  The most exciting part was the last five minutes. Marie, Was that when you thought England might get beaten??.
Marie Drew 11 March 2012 20:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: john daly Marie, Was that when you thought England might get beaten??. The answer to your question is yes and my husband would have had a long face for the evening!!!!! There was a definite atmosphere in our house when Wales beat England!!!
Vicky 18 March 2012 09:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Six Nations Rugby

Congratulations to Wales on winning the Grand Slam and well done to England women on winning their 7th Grand Slam.
Marie Drew 18 March 2012 17:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I have just returned home after an absolutely fantastic day in Cardiff at the Milennium Stadium and this is the first opportunity I have had to post. The atmostphere was really electric prior to the match and during. The French were well and truely represented and entertaining on the streets but of course were outmatched by those in red. I sang my heart out and was over the moon when Alex Cuthbert scored the try right in front of where I was should have been sitting but was two feet in the air. I didnt manage to see the England match and cannot comment. I know the English posters here were hoping for a commanding French win so that England would be in with a chance of the championship but Wales ensure that would not be and were in possession of the ball for most of the match. They did miss two penalty opportunities (the ball hitting the post) but that withstanding Wales was the dominant team. Thanks to all who congratulated Wales on winning their well deserved Grand Slam - much appreciated My voice is a little horase at the moment!!!