{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / looking for Indian army births from 1904-1922

looking for Indian army births from 1904-1922

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Sandra Stafford 21 February 2012 14:17 577 views Link  
Sandra Stafford 21 February 2012 14:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
looking for Indian army births from 1904-1922

Can any one help me track down some data. my uncle was born in India in 1914..[i think] his mothers maiden name was Reynolds fathers name Hempstead. Any hints/ideas on how to find details of mother would be warmly received. Many thanks:
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Mac 22 February 2012 01:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: sandra stafford Can any one help me track down some data. my uncle was born in India in 1914..[i think] his mothers maiden name was Reynolds fathers name Hempstead. Any hints/ideas on how to find details of mother would be warmly received. Many thanks:   Sandra. Was the father serving with the British Army in India?...or in the Indian Army or a Civilian? National Archives: Indexes of General Register Office overseas records (1761-2005)Search the indexes of General Register Office overseas records on findmypast There may be a charge for accessing this information. (Searching indexes may be free.). The related certificates can be obtained from the General Register Office. ...................................................................................... As usual it is free to search and pay to view I can tell you that it shows only  two Hempstead Births (Brothers?) between 1761 and 2005: Hempstead John N.  1920 - Indian SubContinent Hempstead Edward A 1922 - Indian SubContinent. You'll probbly have to Pay to view and get the Birth Cert from GRO to find mothers Details, unless you can find other records. Last edited by Ray McWilliams
Sandra Stafford 22 February 2012 21:58
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Ray McWilliams [I] Sandra. Was the father serving with the British Army in India?...or in the Indian Army or a Civilian? National Archives: Indexes of General Register Office overseas records (1761-2005)Search the indexes of General Register Office overseas records on findmypast There may be a charge for accessing this information. (Searching indexes may be free.). The related certificates can be obtained from the General Register Office. ...................................................................................... As usual it is free to search and pay to view I can tell you that it shows only  two Hempstead Births (Brothers?) between 1761 and 2005: Hempstead John N.  1920 - Indian SubContinent Hempstead Edward A 1922 - Indian SubContinent. Thanks will send for birth certificate ..yes the two hempsteads mentioned are brothers, just cant seem to find the other one..