{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Cyber Family 174

Cyber Family 174

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Margaret 18 February 2012 20:05 29927 views Link  
Margaret 18 February 2012 20:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Cyber Family 174

Here we are people in the new posh annexe in fuertaventura...at least its warm and sunny here... the drinks are all ready so enjoy...
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Spud 18 February 2012 21:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
oops, still half asleep and posted in 173 by mistake!
The Scottish Tornado 18 February 2012 21:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hello folks its the tornado here. I am over at the farm for the weekend and will post when I get home tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well and keeping cosy . We have snow here Catch you all later. Love to you all june
Colum 18 February 2012 22:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good night all - sleep well. The rough weather hasnt arrived here yet. God bless you all.
Jacky Kelly 18 February 2012 23:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
CYBER FAMILY 174

Jack love i hope June is feeling better now,i saw it was bad up your part of the world,but at least you managed to get your carry out,it's been cold here too,it was hailing before,they said it was to snow but not seen any yet... have a nice evening Thank You Margaret My Flower. I Can Say With Honestly I Am Enjoying My Drink .? That Makes Me An Alcoholic In Some Eyes. As If I Take A Flying "F" For Some A/H Making Their Own Assumptions (Without Any Proof) Just There Sad Envy To The Way I Lead My Life. When I Post On F/R I Swear I Try To Make It Light And ."On My Owen Way Funny". If I Offend Some .2****.Sad No Way Am I Changing The Way I Post Or The Way I Live My Life .. P.S There Is No Reason To Besmirch My Education Or My Health Problems..(If I Have One).""A/H"S" If I Had One Wish In Life It Is To Come Face To Face With The ""Pen"" Fighters. P/S If You Dont Like My Posts There Is A Wee Button That Say"s ""IGNORE""
Forum post attachment
The Huntress 18 February 2012 23:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: jack (jock) kelly Jack love i hope June is feeling better now,i saw it was bad up your part of the world,but at least you managed to get your carry out,it's been cold here too,it was hailing before,they said it was to snow but not seen any yet...    have a nice evening   Thank You Margaret My Flower. I Can Say With Honestly I Am Enjoying My Drink .? That Makes Me An Alcoholic In Some Eyes. As If I Take A Flying "F" For Some A/H   Making Their Own Assumptions (Without Any Proof) Just There Sad Envy To The Way I Lead My Life. When I Post On F/R  I Swear I Try To Make It Light And ."On My Owen Way Funny". If I Offend Some .2****.Sad No Way Am I Changing The Way I Post Or The Way I Live My Life .. P.S There Is No Reason To Besmirch My Education Or My Health Problems..(If I Have One).""A/H"S" If I Had One Wish In Life It Is To Come Face To Face With The ""Pen"" Fighters. P/S If You Don't Like My Posts There Is A Wee Button That Say"s ""IGNORE"" Way to go Jacky ! I love it. Say it like it is Baby! We ;love you the way you are and if others dont like they can take a flying you know what !! Oh get over people, Its our Jacky, to know him is to love him. Well I do, and thats what counts. one word from anyone and youll have me to deal with. Just watched Whitney Houston funeral for 4 hours, Life is so short, God bless. Love you Jacky
Forum post attachment
Spud 19 February 2012 01:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: jack (jock) kelly Jack love i hope June is feeling better now,i saw it was bad up your part of the world,but at least you managed to get your carry out,it's been cold here too,it was hailing before,they said it was to snow but not seen any yet...    have a nice evening   Thank You Margaret My Flower. I Can Say With Honestly I Am Enjoying My Drink .? That Makes Me An Alcoholic In Some Eyes. As If I Take A Flying "F" For Some A/H   Making Their Own Assumptions (Without Any Proof) Just There Sad Envy To The Way I Lead My Life. When I Post On F/R  I Swear I Try To Make It Light And ."On My Owen Way Funny". If I Offend Some .2****.Sad No Way Am I Changing The Way I Post Or The Way I Live My Life .. P.S There Is No Reason To Besmirch My Education Or My Health Problems..(If I Have One).""A/H"S" If I Had One Wish In Life It Is To Come Face To Face With The ""Pen"" Fighters. P/S If You Don't Like My Posts There Is A Wee Button That Say"s ""IGNORE"" Jack, I need to make it clear to ewe that the sheep chase the men here. 64 million sheep to 3 million people when I started walking upside down. Thats why I moved to ChCh just over 4 years ago, after 28 years of living in small rural settlements. I just could not take any more being rammed.
Forum post attachment
Pamela Forbes 19 February 2012 06:16
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Well, Hello everyone! Once again my apologies for neglecting you all for so long but as you know I only like to post if I can be cheerful or a little bit amusing and sadly that has not been the case recently. Unfortunately, there seems little chance of things improving healthwise so I cant look to the light on the horizon but I will try to catch those moments when the dakness lifts a little and pop in when possible. Darling Daisy gave me a lovely laugh this aftenoon afte she returned from her walkies. After demolishing her treat of a fresh chicken wing she decided that it was terrier time. Im sure that Margaret, June, and possibly others will know what I mean...... a 5 minute period of high speed madness! At a speed which would have left Jensen Button and Lewis Hamilton standing, she raced around the bed, on the bed, off the bed, under the bed, aound the landing and repeated the sequence with the odd change in diection until she arived back on the bed again and flopped out with a smile on her face as if to say "How about that then?" Im leaving a big plateful of bacon butties especially fo Roly and Colum but there are enough fo anyone else who would like one. Harry, darling I hope you are well on the way to doing the Hornpipe once again and if you are up to it I have made you some special cheese dreams. I remembered what you said about liking 5 rashers of bacon on top so I have taken one off each of them and given them to Daisy. She is very grateful so is sending you some get well licks. Those were from Daisy but these are from me Now before you get that lobster pot out again, Patricia, Im not trying to cut your grass......... its just my Nursey, Nurturing Nature that cant be repressed!!! p.s. Has anyone found themselves driving faster as they get older? There may be a good reason why!
Forum post attachment
Roly01 19 February 2012 08:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Patricia Davies Just watched Whitney Houston funeral for 4 hours, Life is so short, God bless. Love you Jacky 4 hours watching a stupid funeral.???????? Sorry! I have better things to do with my time oh Patricia. That is valuable drinking time being wasted.
Forum post attachment
Roly01 19 February 2012 08:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
P/S If You Don't Like My Posts There Is A Wee Button That Say"s ""IGNORE"" [/I][/QUOTE] I tried to push the ignore button on you Jackie, but a bloody big hammer came out of the screen and kept hitting me on the head and shouting at me. So I desisted from pushing it....... Stay well mate and love to June.
Forum post attachment
Forum post attachment
Vicky 19 February 2012 09:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf174

Good morning everyone, a lovely bright sunny but chilly day. Thankyou all for the welcome back, we still have to get the phonline sorted and then a new modem but we are getting there. Scouse sorry to hear that Sandie has had a set back but its good that she is home to keep you in order. I trust that you are looking after her well and running around every time she cracks the whip. Margaret good to hear that Phil is home, sorry you didnt get to have Amelia overnight. Did you get the high chair sorted?? Patricia thanks for the phone call love, it cheered me up. Hope you enjoyed your birthday. Jacky we all love you on here, ignore the rest. You just stay as you are. Looks like new nashers all round down under, well maybe not for Roly. I just hate dentists. June are you feeling better, migraines are horrible, I used to suffer them. I had a bit of a mishap yesterday, we went walk about and decided to walk right round a pond but there was a boggy bit and yes I did step in it up to my calves. I had clean trousers on as well, luckily I had walking boots on and they stayed on,if it had been wellies they would have come off. Have a nice day everyone and take care. The photo is of the triplets on their 2nd birthday.
Forum post attachment
Roly01 19 February 2012 09:07
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Pamela Forbes     Well, Hello everyone!       Darling Daisy gave me a lovely laugh this aftenoon afte she returned from her 'walkies'.  After demolishing her treat of a fresh chicken wing she decided that it was 'terrier time'.  I'm sure that Margaret, June, and possibly others will know what I mean......    a 5 minute period of high speed madness!     At a speed which would have left Jensen Button and Lewis Hamilton standing, she raced around the bed, on the bed, off the bed, under the bed, aound the landing and repeated  the sequence with the odd change in diection until she arived back on the bed again and flopped out with a smile on her face as if to say "How about that then?"      I'm leaving a big plateful of bacon butties especially fo Roly and Colum but there are enough fo anyone else who would like one.      Harry, darling I hope you are well on the way to doing the Hornpipe once again and if you are up to it I have made you some special cheese dreams.  I remembered what you said about liking 5 rashers of bacon on top so I have taken one off each of them and given them to Daisy.  She is very grateful so is sending you some get well licks.          Those were from Daisy but these are from me     Hullo sweetness and lovely to see you posting again. Stop worrying about the darkness. Just let me in and I will take advantage of the dark spots. Small item of complaint from me Missy...... Where did you leave the Bacon butties.??????? Colum and Harry must have got in before me and scoffed the lot. Now get outa that dark tunnel and come on out into the light where the light and sunshine and warmth is.
Forum post attachment
Forum post attachment
Roly01 19 February 2012 09:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hullo everyone. Sunday evening and I have hada great weekend and now catching up with the mail. Went to the conference yesterday and managed to get my mate into the Presidents job. He will have a hard job but I know he can cope. Went to the ball last evening and had a ball. Dressed in the kilt and with a dress white shirt and a sporran full of money. No money this morning and a dirty grey shirt to be washed. must have drank the bar dry of rum. Fab evening and my sub branch was presented with a Community awards plaque for effort during the year 2011. Great evening, great meal, wonderful company, great surprise, and very proud of my sub Branch of the RSL. Downside, empty wallet and a king sized hangover.xr Lovely to have you and Ian back in company Vicky. Missed my breakfast calls and please can I have bacon and mushrooms and two poached eggs on toast for brekkie tomorrow morning. No coffee, but large mug of strong hot tea without sugar. Thank you!
Forum post attachment
Raymond Hall 19 February 2012 09:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cyber family 174 general

well hello roly mate, where have you been hiding all this time? lucky for you I moved all your gear into the new abode,found a full bottle of rum,didnt want to drink it but the devil made me[hic] regards ray [drunken british bulldog.
Roly01 19 February 2012 10:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Ray, Grateful for you looking after my personal effects. Not sure about the bottle of rum....... I never had any left but I did have a bottle of vintage urine that I use for samples when visiting the doctors. Hope that you did not drink that, as it was a good vintage and always got me good results for the samples required by the Doctors. I have been very busy doing the rounds of ale houses and clubs and visiting politicians Also had a lot of official openings to go to. Anything with free booze and free food mate! I would go to the opening of a toolbox, if food and drink is involved. Lifes good mate.
Forum post attachment
Vicky 19 February 2012 10:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf174

Roly you can have the bacon and poached eggs tomorrow but I havent got any mushrooms. Toast and tea to follow.
Handle Oval Balls With Care. 19 February 2012 12:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Afternoon all from a very sunny,and much warmer Costa Brid. I must say that I am at a loss with Jackys post.I have read back on CF.and not seen any posts that have had a go at my old mucker.Unless it was on MSN. The only thing I can see is that it was getting towards Jackys witching hour on a Saturday night,and may have had a bearing on it.Maybe someone will enlighten me. Anyway,it is good to see that Phil is back home,and stays put for awhile,and gets used to his own bed. Not seen Harry around much (I can talk) so hope he is improving with each day passing. Vicky has returned to give all an early morning call,along with a cooked breakfast. Hope all are in good fettle.
The Huntress 19 February 2012 15:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Mike Ayliffe [I]Afternoon all from a very sunny,and much warmer Costa Brid. I must say that I am at a loss with Jacky's post.I have read back on CF.and not seen any posts that have had a go at my old mucker.Unless it was on MSN. The only thing I can see is that it was getting towards Jacky's witching hour on a Saturday night,and may have had a bearing on it.Maybe someone will enlighten me. Good morning all the family and Hi Mike, I have no idea either, but maybe he had an email from someone cautioning him about language.... Nice to see you back love, and hugs for Glenda. Vicky love, you are 5 hours ahead of me, so could I settle for lunch instead of brekky? please? Or do you do all day brekky? I am sure Harry and Colum would share Paamelas dream cheeses,with me, but I dont know what that is, except cheese, which I like. Harry sounded great last time I spoke to him, so I hope you continue to improve Harry love Pleased to hear Sandie is home again and hopefully getting sorted with the nurses visits. Scouse love, have her check with the dr. on Duoderm dressings, draws and heals, dont forget. My leg and arm all completely healed with new skin. Aaah, my Phil is back home again, How is the arm Margaret love? I hope he is not in too much pain I think I will be making fish and chips and peas for Tony and Erica today, i think thats what he asked for, Erica working long hours again, tax time, so Sundays only off. Colum love, You will be sporting a certified baby sitting grandad badge soon love. Maybe a second career for you. Must get a move on so I will pop back later if I get chance. Jackie, June, Roly, Pamela, TornadoJune, Hugh and Gerard and everyone else. Love to all, not forgetting anyone.
Colum 19 February 2012 15:58
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good afternoon all and its quite a nice day here - wee smattering of snow but nothing to write home about. Our Lee is the big 3 today. Seems like only yesterday he was born. A wee party later on. Good Sandy is home again Scouse - dont be starting her on heavy duties just yet. A big chair at the sink would be handy. Just watching spurs playing here and its crappp./ Hello Patricia - i do love baby sitting as long as sben and abi are separated - they fight like the proverbial cat and dog. Ben always seems to need my backing though. Partying all done and hangovers all fixed - happy days. I havent seen anything for Jacky to be admonished for either Mike. Of course we are used to him and we all have the odd use for ana expletive. Jacky and June hope yous are all well. Life is too short to worry about anything. I used to worry all the time now i dont give a flying %^^&&%ck. Is that dream cheese or cream cheese Pamela. If i eat cheese before bed i do have odd dreams. Harry can have my share after 10pm. Hi Harry and how are you diddling canny lad. Good to see Phil home again as well and the pint arm is intact. Pain will soon go. I am sending this in case i lose it. Back in a mo.
Colum 19 February 2012 16:07
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Here i am again. Fish chips and pease sounds great Patricia. I put vinegar on with the pease when they are cookingand they go all mushy. Gravy is almost a must. My local on a saturday would make a sailor blush with the language and the bar maid turns a deaf ear. Punters wouldnt be ong going somewhere else. There is a rumour going around that its to close in 5 weeks time. People would certainly miss it as its so family and close. Vi cky I slept in for brekkie today so can i have brunch instead. Had a good long lay in - didnt realise how tired i was. Piston broke Roly happy days - you should have rec eived some recognition for your efforts. Taking the piss from Roly Ray - surely you seen the froth on the top and rum doesny have a froth . Hope you and Shirl are well. Havent heard from Gerard - hope they are all safe in ChCh. All for now (enuf i hear you say). Colum.
..... 19 February 2012 17:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Ayliffe Afternoon all from a very sunny,and much warmer Costa Brid. I must say that I am at a loss with Jacky's post.I have read back on CF.and not seen any posts that have had a go at my old mucker.Unless it was on MSN. The only thing I can see is that it was getting towards Jacky's witching hour on a Saturday night,and may have had a bearing on it.Maybe someone will enlighten me. Anyway,it is good to see that Phil is back home,and stays put for awhile,and gets used to his own bed. Not seen Harry around much (I can talk) so hope he is improving with each day passing. Vicky has returned to give all an early morning call,along with a cooked breakfast. Hope all are in good fettle. Mike. He is probably referring to "How to run Immigration"replies. I think Jacky was only repeating what he had read somewhere as i saw it word for word in some paper or other. regard j.d.
Colum 19 February 2012 22:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good night all sleep well. God bless you all. Hae a great week.
Roly01 19 February 2012 23:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Thank you Vicky for the Brekkie. Slovely! Nice sunny morning but I did sleep in and now am late for all the appointments with the press and TV who wish to congratulate me for my recieving the award. So, Sorry! I will not be a star today! Yesterdays news now todays garbage wrapping. Anyway, hope you have a fine nights sleep and that Ray gets over the foul taste of my Rum. Have a fine day to all. ps....My head hurts?
Forum post attachment
Pamela Forbes 19 February 2012 23:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Arthur(Roly) Rowsell [I] Hullo sweetness and lovely to see you posting again. Stop worrying about the darkness. Just let me in and I will take advantage of the dark spots. OOOH! Roly you are awful....... but I like you!! I dont know whether I should allow you into my darkness though. My Mummy warned me about sailors and she knew a thing or two about them, having been flattened by one on a bridge in Pompey! To be fair, she was standing there watching the bombs falling in the middle of an air-raid!! Im sorry if someone nicked your bacon butties, darling, Ill make you some more and leave a note on top saying "HANDS OFF! Unless your name is Roly!"
Forum post attachment
Raymond Hall 20 February 2012 00:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cyber family 174 general

morning roly,couldnt taste anything but rum,but have developed an irristable urge to walk into every gents toilet [doesent mean ime a gent,]just means i dont know what good rum tastes like ps if we are going to cohabitate for along time please dont leave that substance in sealed rum bottle again, hope you have a massive hangover regards ray [at present inside adelaide railway stn looking for you know what]
Roly01 20 February 2012 02:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: raymond hall morning roly,couldnt taste anything but rum,but have developed an irristable urge to walk into every gents toilet [doesent mean ime a gent,]just means i dont know what good rum tastes like ps if we are going to cohabitate  for along time  please dont leave that substance in sealed rum bottle again,  hope you have a massive hangover regards  ray [at present inside adelaide railway stn looking for you know what] Aim to hit the urinal, not the boots mate. Which way is the train going? If into wind, go other way .
Roly01 20 February 2012 02:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Pamela Forbes [I]Quoting: Arthur(Roly) Rowsell [I] Hullo sweetness and lovely to see you posting again. Stop worrying about the darkness. Just let me in and I will take advantage of the dark spots.    OOOH!     Roly you are awful.......    but I like you!!       I'm sorry if someone nicked your bacon butties, darling,  I'll make you some more and leave a note on top saying "HANDS OFF! Unless your name is Roly!" [/I] Sorry Missy, but your photo never came out. Shame really as I like the title "Drunk%20dog.jpg" Sounds as though it was right up my Alley. Take care and be what you want to be. Life is a long time lost when you lose it. Next lot of steak sandwiches.
Forum post attachment
Forum post attachment
Spud 20 February 2012 04:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: john daly Mike. He is probably referring to "How to run Immigration"replies. I think Jacky was only repeating what he had read somewhere as i saw it word for word in some paper or other.   regard j.d. JD, it was a reference to an NZ statue of Robbie Burns that had the head knocked off by some idiot. And reference to our lovely sheep being left alone while this act of vandalism was being carried out. I took it in good humour but I felt compelled to tell Jacky that its the sheep that chase the men here, and we were grateful for being briefly left alone. But someone else did not take it in good humour and replied harshly. Meanwhile its been a nice warm day here, went for a swim and after lunch done some long overdue weed spraying. Breakfasted on boiled eggs and only just managed soldiers, still on soft food. Maybe try bacon in a couple of days. Ahh, the subject of cheese. Love the stuff, all types. Feta in Med salads, Camembert, Blue vein, stilton, cheddar, mozerella, parmesan, cottage, cream, etc, etc. The smellier the better because no one else wants any so its all for me Havent felt the ground move for some time now, fingers crossed. catchya later.
Forum post attachment
Jacky Kelly 20 February 2012 05:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
C.F. 174

Good Morning To You Margaret. Wendy. Teresa. Vicky. Sheila. Patricia .Adele. Eve. Julie. Pat. Rita. Theresa. Tracy. Sheila(j).Sue Kate. June Pamela Christine. Mike. Harry. Colum.Roly Byron. Murray. Arthur. Ian ,Charlie. Eddie. Trevor. Pete. John Scouse,Hirons. Ron. Ray. Donald. Gordon. Graham. Phillip. David. Fred. Gus. Carl. (rev)John. Bob. Mick. Alan. Tony. Emlyn. Owen..Mathew. James.. Kevin. Andrew. Steve.Frank.Hugh.Gerard.Doug. Kingo. Maurice Wazza. Ray.& Shirl And All The Rest Of The Family Have A Nice Wet Monday.
Forum post attachment
Roly01 20 February 2012 08:28
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Morning Jackie. Lovely to see yer smiling face again. Have a great day mate.
Forum post attachment
Raymond Hall 20 February 2012 08:48
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cyber family 174

dear roly, I have been posting on 174 useing the auto promt ie as soon as I type cyber it automaticaly brings up cyber family 174,so Idont know what I am doing wrong? lets hope this one comes up right. of course ,she who must be obeyed has my unreserved apology so you can stop groveling to the big boss now with regards to the admiral of hervy bay from ray/shirl by the way I got it wrong on the train and got my own [or yours to be exact] back
Vicky 20 February 2012 09:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf174

Good morning everyone, a bright cold frosty but sunny day. I am glad that the brekkie was good Roly. Jacky you were an early bird this morning. Have you got a hospital appointment, if so good luck. Good to see that you found your way here Raymond. We have decided to treat ourselves today to a carvery. The place where we had our golden Wedding celebration does a carvery on a Monday for £5.00,saves me cooking. My Uncle is still in hospital and now my Aunt has been taken in to the same hospital. Not sure what is wrong but it could be gall bladder as she suffers from time to time. We had a nother good walk yesterday and I didnt end up in the bog this time although the ground is very wet still. Ian is hoping to get the boat back in the water tomorrow so our drive will be clear again after that. Have a nice day everyone and take care.
Raymond Hall 20 February 2012 09:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cyber family 174

dear margret, my apologies for posting on a closed thread! I have put myself in the naughty corner for 2 hrs as punishment, please say thats enough, as i dont like standing in the naughty corner ray
Spud 20 February 2012 09:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
OK Rolly, Im packing kit bag as I write. How much grovelling do I have to do Margaret? Ive had lots of practice with Anthea.
Forum post attachment
Colum 20 February 2012 09:32
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good morning all from a very wet ballymena. We all get off the beaten track Ray - no worries. As long as you are here now. I am sure you panicked when you started sinking - i know i would have. Have just surfaced after a great sleep tg. Must be something right i did. Perhaps no alcohol is the cure. Sorry to hear about your uncle and aunt Vicky. Enjoy the carvery = at £5 each its a real bargain. Why would you want to cook and no dishes to do afterwards. Happy days. Hello Jack and June and all hope yous are well. All the best to anyone waiting results or doc appointments. My turn tomorrow. Hello Gerard - lots of ice cream is the answer. Have you crimped any pies with them yet. There is always someone with no sense of humour. If they havent i pity them. Cant please everyone all the time so i dont try. All for now. Good morning Margaret when you surface.
Raymond Hall 20 February 2012 11:54
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cyber famil 174

inherited a set of golf clubs about three months ago,have had about 5 games so far, went down to our local course yesterday,they were offering 1 round free to attract new members,teemed up with two club members and off we went, got to 3rd hole par3 first 60 mts accross water. I tee off first,unwrap brand new 3$ ball, wack! straight into water, unrap another 3$ ball same result,unrap another3$ball same result.one of the other players said "why dont you use an old ball instead of a new one? I took ONElong look at him and said ,"BECAUSE IVE NEVER HAD ONEpicked up my golf bag and went to the 19th hole for the rest of the day. dont think Ill get another offer from them.
The Huntress 20 February 2012 13:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: raymond hall inherited  a set of golf clubs about three months ago,have had  about 5 games so far, went down to our local course yesterday,they were offering 1 round free to attract new members,teemed up with two  club members and off we went, got to 3rd hole par3 first 60 mts accross water. I tee off first,unwrap brand new 3$ ball, wack! straight into water, unrap  another 3$ ball same  result,unrap another3$ball same result.one of the other players said "why dont you use an old ball instead of a new one? I took ONElong look at  him and said ,"BECAUSE IVE NEVER HAD ONE'picked up my golf bag and went to the 19th hole for the rest of the day. dont think I'll get another offer from them. Hahahaha, nice one Ray! Brilliant. Good start to my day !
The Huntress 20 February 2012 14:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
CF 174

Good morning all the Family I thought I just saw my Harry having a quick catch up on posts from the bushes, but I missed him. Yes, we are missing you sweetheart but you just take your time getting better and keep building on the strength and energy. Any lunch going Vicky love? These guys are cleaning up Brekky before I get there! For lunch, I will settle for a cup of oxo and a chunk of fresh bread, mmmm. Hi Jacky love, I have just checked all your weathers across the country, as I have minus -11 but sunny, it seem you all have rain and varying 7 dgrees in Bury to 9 in Gateshead and in between Vicky and Mike have some sun with rain, like me, no wonder folks fight to keep cheerful,with all that dull rainy weather. Keep June in the warmth love, our snow is still frozen on the ground, only good for tobogganing and skiing for the brave ! We have a holiday today called Family Day, so everyone hgets chance to be with Family, nice, right after a weekend! middle of the week would be a nice break, but I guess long w/e are preferred, I just party more ! Colum love, the fish (breaded sole) and chips (round scallops) and peas last night, were delicious. I told Erica about your vinegar in peas recipe for mushy .....I didnt try it as we need to know, how much vinegar (malt or white) and what kind of peas....... fresh, frozen, dried or tinned? Anybody? Congratulations Roly Poly, on your award! You will always be famous to us , love, you are a star and a shining example of giving back. Love you Well, Maam....Margaret, I did mean to call you back last night after you had fed Amelia, but thenTony and Erica came with MacDuff and he and Bandit did their usual tear around the garden, covered in snow and then came in and staright to treat hunting. I think MacDuff found all of Bandits stash places. I had a lovely chat to my Phil though I cant wait to see him and check on his progress. I will call you again in a bit.love. How did the family shindig go Scouse, love? I hope it cheered Sandie up, and was not too tiring for her. No doubt youall waited on her hand and foot, ..that is as it should be! Gerard love, persevere with the new nashers, i bet you look even more handsome. Time for my tub, folks, so i will catch you again later.
The Huntress 20 February 2012 14:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
CF 174

Ooops I didnt mean to miss out Pamela and the Tornado , its just that they are being so quiet, I didnt hear them come in! I hope you are feeling better Pamela love, and I will ask that thew sun shines for at least an hour a day for all of you. Hey June, love, why are you still working? I thought you had retired too, errr, like me and Mike, ... Its not easy is it, when you life has been your work!! I just replaced work with cooking, more work, but nice for a change!
Hugh Removed 20 February 2012 16:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hello Ray I know the feeling go on to the golf driving range and nick a few of their balls watching them go spash is not half as bad. PS never used a bought ball always use ones that I have found searching for my own Good afternoon al hope you are having a great day. Just looked in to say hello with luck back on later love to the ladies and Hi to everyone else cheers Hugh
Margaret 20 February 2012 17:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 174

good afternoon family hell i am out of breath running to catch you all ... where do the days go to? We had a lovely day with Amelia yesterday,but i have to admit it wore me out,she is a darling and growing so fast,it was gone 6 when she had gone and we had some tea and sat down...i fell asleep of course.... Its Ryans 17th birthday today,he is coming for his tea...this afternoon our Elizabeth came down with her boyfriend phil,so we had some lunch and i did an asda shop,and hey presto its tea time again,i am going to have to get some roller skates to get round faster.... Well the new carpet is ordered so i have to go looking for a fireplace now to get fitted in before thats laid Ray,Gerard you are all in the good books no worries,its great to know you make the effort to get here in the first place,so no loss of brownie points.... "this time" Hugh good to see you,hows the weather over there? got to better than here,hope your having a good time.... Jackie love good to see you,hope June is feeling better,and her breathing is easier.... Colum love.... still raining in Ballymena? of colurse it is!!! So glad to hear the heart kicked in when you woke this morning....had a text from Harry this afternoon,he has been to the docs,he is a little aneamic but nothing to worry about,he is pleased with him and said he was progressing normally from a major surgery,so its a matter of time and patience and taking it easy then he will be well again.... Hi Vicky love,glad you are managing to get your walks in,even if you get "bogged" down occasionally....I bet it will be nice to be able to see your driveway again,at leastany work Ian has to do on it is out of sight... Thanks for the call Patricia,keep those joints warm,and fingers crossed for everything..... Pamela love,its good to see you,sorry you arent always up to par,maybe the spring and summer will help you,i do hope so... keep your chin up as best you can,and you knwo we are always here even if you dont feel cheerful,we often have a rant on here about our feellng low,it helps sometimes just to let off steam ..... JUNE !!!you ok? did you have a nice weekend on the farm? i hope you feel more relaxed and rested now..... Hello Mike love,Whats new in costa Brid? no more coalface for the time being i hope... Have i missed anyone? i bet i have.... if i have its not intentional,but craig and ryan will be here soon.so see you all later....
Pamela Forbes 20 February 2012 17:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Patricia Davies Ooops  I didn't mean to miss out Pamela and the Tornado , it's just that they are being so quiet, I didn't hear them come in! I hope you are feeling better Pamela love, and I will ask that thew sun shines for at least an hour a day for all of you. Hey June, love,  why are you still working? I thought you had retired too,   errr, like me and Mike, ... It's not easy is it, when you life has been your work!! I just replaced work with cooking, more work, but nice for a change! Hi Patricia. Your comment about replacing work with cooking reminds me that I didnt answer your query about Cheese Dreams. Theyre really easy to make and are basically a simple variation on a Croque Monsieur. Make a cheese sandwich using grated cheese or cheeses (cheddar with a sprinkle of parmesan is a good one). Whip up a couple of eggs with a drop of milk and seasoning and soak the sandwich in the mixture, then lightly fry until each side is nicely set and golden. Let me know how you get on. My boys used to love them and they were one of the things they would always ask for if they were not feeling well. Sounds as if Bandit and McDuff had a lovely time. I know a little girl who would have loved to have joined in the fun! Which doggie clan does McDuff belong to? Heres a pic for you so youll know what to aim for......
Forum post attachment
The Huntress 20 February 2012 18:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Pamela Forbes         Hi Patricia.     Your comment about replacing work with cooking reminds me that I didn't answer your query about 'Cheese Dreams'.     They're really easy to make and are basically a simple variation on a 'Croque Monsieur'.  Make a cheese sandwich using grated cheese or cheeses (cheddar with a sprinkle of parmesan is a good one).  Whip up a couple of eggs with a drop of milk and seasoning and soak the sandwich in the mixture, then lightly fry until each side is nicely set and golden.    Let me know how you get on.  My boys used to love them and they were one of the things they would always ask for if they were not feeling well.     Sounds as if Bandit and McDuff had a lovely time.  I know a little girl who would have loved to have joined in the fun!   Which doggie clan does McDuff belong to?   Here's a pic for you so you'll know what to aim for......       Thank you Pamela, love, they look delicious, I shall certainly try them. I think they maybe a little better twist on the french Toast. which I love too, my Son often asked for it for brekky, at that time my Mother did all the cooking ! Have you ever tried adding fresh onion to it? I think I would try that too.Thanks. Especially as the cheese and onion pie I made for the party, was a great success, and requested for all the next parties...but guess what Pamela....I have looked up the recipe since then and what I made was my own new recipe. I didnt know you had to have egg and a bit of potato etc., mine was pure guess, and pure onion and pure cheese in a pastry shell. i pint glass bowl of 3 equal amounts of mixed grated cheeses,old cheddar, mexicali mixed cheese, and Mozzarella. Then one pint glass bowl of chopped onion. mix the two together in a 2 pint glass bowl, Salt and pepper and turf into the pastry shell, top with another pastry shell, pop In the oven, 375 degrees for approx 25 mins, switch up to 400 degrees for 10 mins. A real winner and I didnt have a clue what I was doing. try it love, MacDuff is a Cairn Terrier and an international relative of Margarets Lizzie Bandit is a Yorkie/Maltese cross (Morkie)
Forum post attachment
Handle Oval Balls With Care. 20 February 2012 19:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Evening all.Showery and quiet cold today,but certainly did not see much of it as I have been at the coal face again for today and tomorow.I know Patricia,but as you had four hours to kill watching a funeral,I think,maybe,just maybe,you had better get yourself a job.
Roly01 20 February 2012 20:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: raymond hall inherited  a set of golf clubs about three months ago,have had  about 5 games so far, went down to our local course yesterday,they were offering 1 round free to attract new members,teemed up with two  club members and off we went, got to 3rd hole par3 first 60 mts accross water. I tee off first,unwrap brand new 3$ ball, wack! straight into water, unrap  another 3$ ball same  result,unrap another3$ball same result.one of the other players said "why dont you use an old ball instead of a new one? I took ONElong look at  him and said ,"BECAUSE IVE NEVER HAD ONE'picked up my golf bag and went to the 19th hole for the rest of the day. dont think I'll get another offer from them. To think that you wasted all that money on water holes!!!!. You could have saved it to purchase a bottle of decent rum mate. Stay off the golf greens, unless you have a maiden to entertain after dusk!!!!
Roly01 20 February 2012 20:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Patricia Davies [I] Thank you Pamela, love, they look delicious, I shall certainly try them. I think they maybe a little better twist on the 'french Toast'. which I love too, my Son often asked for it for brekky, at that time my Mother did  all the cooking ! Have you ever tried adding fresh onion to it? I think I would try that too.Thanks. Especially as the cheese and onion pie I made for the party, was a great success, and requested for all the next parties...but guess what Pamela....I have looked up the recipe since then and what I made was my own new recipe. I didn't know you had to have egg and a bit of potato etc., mine was pure guess, and pure onion and pure cheese in a pastry shell. i pint glass bowl of 3 equal amounts of mixed grated  cheeses,old cheddar, mexicali mixed cheese, and Mozzarella. Then one pint glass bowl of chopped onion. mix the two together in a 2 pint glass bowl,  Salt and pepper  and turf into the pastry shell, top with another pastry shell, pop In the oven, 375 degrees for approx 25 mins, switch up to 400 degrees for 10 mins. A real winner and I didn't have a clue what I was doing. try it love, ------------------------------------------------------------------ goody! Cooking classes are in.. I need new recipies! Last edited by Arthur(Roly) Rowsell
Roly01 20 February 2012 20:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good morning to all and glad to hear you all chatting. Up early this morning for a bit of work at the RSL and then have to prep the hall for a funeral service at 10am. One of our members popped his clogs after a long active life. Should be a large turnout today for him. Then I will find myself in charge of the Sub Branch for the next five weeks. Madam Pres is off on five weeks holiday taking the Secretary with her and the ex Pres is away in Tasmania for a while. So as I am the next senior in the hierarchy, I am lumbered. I have to call in to meet the vicious puppy dog that I will have to look after from the 1st April. I will suggest that the lady, (Lyn) sends her dog away and I look after her. I will probably get a thick ear for my efforts. Pamelas efforts at cooking looked nice in the phot. Slightly over burnt, but had my mouth watering. Any chance of sending them over?????? Please!....... Pretty please!!!!!! Have a good day everyone and a Special Happy Birthday to Ryan. Hope he has many more.
Forum post attachment
Pamela Forbes 20 February 2012 21:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Arthur(Roly) Rowsell Sorry Missy, but your photo never came out. Shame really as I like the title "Drunk%20dog.jpg" Sounds as though it was right up my Alley. Take care and be what you want to be. Life is a long time lost when you lose it. Next lot of steak sandwiches. Its a shame that the photo didnt show up, Roly. It was SOoooo funny! Perhaps he sobered up and went back to herding sheep?! p.s. Give me a call when the steak sandwiches are ready.
Forum post attachment
Forum post attachment
Colum 20 February 2012 22:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good night all - sleep well. God bless you all. Am really tired tonight and will read all the posts tomorrow.
Vicky 21 February 2012 08:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf174

Good morning everyone, another bright sunny morning. I have had to get up and get on early today as Ian is putting the boat back in the water after he takes me shopping. It is all to do with catching the tide at the right time. Happy Birthday to Ryan, hope he had a great day Margaret. I expect the driving lessons will start shortly. Mind you Jason is 18 but hasnt started yet as he cant afford them. Pancake day today but we will probably have ours on Friday when Jerry comes for a meal. Cheese dreams takes me back to my childhood as my Mum used to make them. I often do toasted cheese sandwiches and always have to do french toast when Sophie comes to stay. Have a nice day everyone and take care.