The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / black versus white

black versus white

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Mo 3 February 2012 17:36 8009 views Link  
Mo 3 February 2012 17:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
black versus white

John Terry must be the most hated white man in Britain today .just because he is "Suspected " of uttering a so called racial inuendo, now this is a man who has not written anything down down that is racist he is supposed to have "Mouthed" it and sseen on Camera, the point i am trying to make is that John Terry has already been sentenced by a trial through a out of control media and a camera isnt there such a thing as Sub Judicrey any more, has any one noticed the deafaning silence from his england team mates now the Captaincy has been taken off him, How is it Diane Abbott can get away wih racist remarks "in writting" i notice the press arent pushing for action in her case, the bottom line is I hope that for the sake of common sense that John Terry gets away with it other wise this country wiil carry on down a slippery slope into a black melting pot.:devil: :devil:
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 3 February 2012 17:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
black versus white

Maurice, You make a good point there Maurice as it seems there is a bias towards the black population and against the white.  It applies at all levels and woe betide anyone making even the most innocuous remark if they are white although it does not apply the other way. Even if Terry didn't say anything wrong how can he prove it?  It's one man's word against another's but who will be believed?  Lip readers are not infallible. TC. Last edited by Terry Carey
Ros Comain. 3 February 2012 22:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: maurice robinson John Terry must be the most hated white man in Britain today .just because he is  "Suspected " of uttering  a so called racial inuendo, now this is a man who has not written anything down down that is racist he is supposed to have "Mouthed" it and sseen on Camera, the point i am trying to make is that John Terry  has already been sentenced by a trial through a out of control media and a camera isnt there such a thing as Sub Judicrey any more, has any one noticed  the deafaning silence from his england team mates now the Captaincy has been taken off him,  How is it Diane Abbott can get away wih racist remarks "in writting"   i notice the press arent pushing for action in her case,    the bottom line is I hope that for the sake of common sense that John Terry gets away with it  other wise this country wiil carry on down a slippery slope into a  black melting pot. Unfortunately Maurice we now live in a society where most of the media, including the BBC, have a hidden agenda to ensure that the policies of the Left Wing and the Liberal elite to destroy what was once a free country, is achieved. This is done by a very well organised propaganda machine, and works very well, as many in this country are totally brainwashed, if they cannot achieve it through the media, they then bring in bad laws to ensure the party line is followed eg HRA, Equality Act etc, we now have a situation whereby cranks, compensation cowboys, lawyers, wasters, and people with chips on the shoulders can have a field day, knowing that they will be fully supported. We have seen prime examples of this over the last few months, Fred the Shred, John Terry, neither, I would add, I have any time for, and the CEO of the Bank of Scotland, all tried and judged by the media whipping up the brainwashed into a frenzy. On the point regarding Diane Abbott, well she is one of their own, and, as you must be aware ,racism only works one way in this country, had those remarks been made by a white MP, he would have been villified, with the BBC giving it blanket coverage until he would be forced to resign.
Pud 5 February 2012 02:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Black and white

Quoting: maurice robinson John Terry must be the most hated white man in Britain today .just because he is  "Suspected " of uttering  a so called racial inuendo, now this is a man who has not written anything down down that is racist he is supposed to have "Mouthed" it and sseen on Camera, the point i am trying to make is that John Terry  has already been sentenced by a trial through a out of control media and a camera isnt there such a thing as Sub Judicrey any more, has any one noticed  the deafaning silence from his england team mates now the Captaincy has been taken off him,  How is it Diane Abbott can get away wih racist remarks "in writting"   i notice the press arent pushing for action in her case,    the bottom line is I hope that for the sake of common sense that John Terry gets away with it  other wise this country wiil carry on down a slippery slope into a  black melting pot. Sorry, but I cant go along with this view of j terry. If u all hope that he gets away with it - as most both inside the game and out seem to want - you are all in your own way calling Anton Ferdinand a liar, cos after all he was the one that made the original complaint. Are you all saying his view should be brushed aside, and if you do, what reason would you offer to support that view. Why hasnt mr terry been treated the same way as Suarez and had the case dealt with inside the football family - sic. Why does he want to run to the courts, cos as one of you said it is very hard to prove in a legal surrounding that you didnt do or say something. And when I looked at my diary this morning lo and behold it was 2012, not 1912.
John (Scouse) Hirons 5 February 2012 04:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Alan Pullen Sorry, but I can't go along with this view of j terry. If u all hope that he 'gets away with it' - as most both inside the game and out seem to want - you are all in your own way calling Anton Ferdinand a liar, cos after all he was the one that made the original complaint. Are you all saying his view should be brushed aside, and if you do, what reason would you offer to support that view. Why hasn't mr terry been treated the same way as Suarez and had the case dealt with inside the football 'family' - sic. Why does he want to run to the courts, cos as one of you said it is very hard to prove in a legal surrounding that you didn't do or say something. And when I looked at my diary this morning lo and behold it was 2012, not 1912. Alright Alan, I can sympathise & to a degree agree with some of both Terry & Maurices' oppinons & can understand why they should see it that way. The only fly in the ointment is when you see shadows of Mccarthyism rearing it's ugly head as shown by Michael. To the Mccarthy ultra right everything that happens or anyone who voices a different view is either Left Wing & part of the Liberal Elite or has been brainwashed by them. Michael has even, on other posts accused the current & most probably the most right wing Tory Party to gainpower as being Left Wing Liberal elite. When views like his are aired it automatically turns every thinking man against a view, that in reality, has merrits.   Sorry Michael this is not America in the late 40's early 50's, this is the UK in the 22nd century there will never be a House Committee on UnBritish Activities. Last edited by John (scouse) Hirons
Terry Carey 5 February 2012 14:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
black versus white

Alan, First of all I suggest you check your facts.  John Terry has not run to the courts.  Quite the opposite in fact since he is the subject of a prosecution by the CPS who have reviewed the evidence and feel that they can obtain a conviction.   I know someone who works in the CPS and they only bring cases they feel they can win because of the costs of prosecution.  They must therefore feel that the evidence is overwhelming. If you, and others, believe that I support John Terry whatever the truth then you have not read my post well enough to understand my position. My point was simply that, in agreement with the original post, I do believe that the bias today in the UK is against the white population. If Terry is guilty then he ought to be punished.  If he is innocent then he ought to be acquitted. It's as simple as that. TC.   As an afterthought all that was needed if Terry had said something out of order was a smack in the teeth from Anton Ferdinand in the tunnel. As Samuel Johnson famously said Every man has the right to say what he thinks of his neighbour. Equally his neighbour has the right to knock him down for it if he so feels. Last edited by Terry Carey
Murray Whyte 5 February 2012 15:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey Alan, If Terry is guilty then he ought to be punished.  If he is innocent then he ought to be acquitted. It's as simple as that. TC.   Hi TC, I wish it was as simple as that. I worked with young adults (13 to 18) who had Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties. As part of this job we had to be Key Workers to so many of our clients. I worked with the girls. One of my colleagues who was absolutely brilliant with the girls had a complaint of a sexual nature made against him by one of his key kids. He had been Key Worker to this client for 3 years. Protocol kicked in and the worker was suspended pending an investigation. This lasted about two weeks because of system. The girl finally stated she had made it all up and his name was cleared, however, the stigma remained and he never returned to work with us again. He left the care sector for another job. He was one of the nicest people I have had the honour of knowing. If JT is found innocent a lot of the footballing fraternity will still hold him in doubt.
Mo 5 February 2012 17:37
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
adding a bit more

[QUOTE]Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons[/B] [I] Alright Alan, I can sympathise & to a degree agree with some of both Terry & Maurices' oppinons & can understand why they should see it that way. The only fly in the ointment is when you see shadows of Mccarthyism rearing it's ugly head as shown by Michael. To the Mccarthy ultra right everything that happens or anyone who voices a different view is either Left Wing & part of the Liberal Elite or has been brainwashed by them. Michael has even, on other posts accused the current & most probably the most right wing Tory Party to gainpower as being Left Wing Liberal elite. When views like his are aired it automatically turns every thinking man against a view, that in reality, has merrits.   Sorry Michael this is not America in the late 40's early 50's, this is the UK in the 22nd century there will never be a House Committee on UnBritish Activities. [I] Last edited by John (scouse) Hirons[/I][/I][/QUOTE]As i was the one who started the "debate" black versus white, i wonder what response we would get if we called a black person who had been born in Wales TAFFY , or one born in Ireland Paddy ,as far as Scouses comments ,and his reference to the liberal elite and macarthyism where puging of communism was on the Agenda i dont think we need that to come into the equasion all we need is basic bloody common sense ,and allowus to have a bit of Banter to and fro between ourselves providing its not of a derogotary nature, if these P.C. Bigots had worked in the Construction Industry as i did for many years, most of the workforces would have been up before the Judges every monday morning, My last word on this Subject is Will Someone please give us our Country Back.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
John (Scouse) Hirons 5 February 2012 23:39
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: maurice robinson As i was the one who started the "debate" black versus white, i wonder what response we would get if we called a black person who had been born in Wales TAFFY , or one born in Ireland Paddy ,as far as Scouses comments ,and his reference to the liberal elite and macarthyism where puging of communism was on the Agenda i dont think we need that to come into the equasion  all we need is basic bloody common sense ,and allowus to have a bit of Banter to and fro between ourselves providing its not of a derogotary nature, if these P.C. Bigots had worked in the Construction Industry as i did for many years, most of the workforces would have been up before the Judges every monday morning,  My last word on this Subject is Will Someone please give us our Country Back. Alright Maurice, If you read my post you will see I started it by saying I agreed with some of your & TCs oppinons & could see the reason for your views. The rest of my post was in reponse to Michaels post, were he, as usual, took the Mccarthy stance of blaming left wingers & liberal elite for everything. I dont know about you but I find Mccarthyism more insidious the racism & his posts are pure Mcarthy in all its self deluded venom.
Steve Greenwood 6 February 2012 12:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
How many of you remember the 1950s and 60s before the P.C. brigade started? I remember when you could go into a toyshop and buy a Golliwog for your kids . I remember when you could buy a jar of jam with a cute little golliwog on the label. I remember when it was not uncommon to see notices in guest house windows that read No blacks No Irish No dogs. Those days are far behind us but has it made our society any better? I could go on giving examples but I think you get my point. If this gets past the in-built censor Ill be amazed!!!
John (Scouse) Hirons 6 February 2012 12:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Steve Greenwood How many of you remember the 1950s and 60s before the P.C. brigade started? I remember when you could go into a toyshop and buy a Golliwog for your kids . I remember when you could buy a jar of jam with a cute little golliwog on the label. I remember when it was not uncommon to see notices in guest house windows that read No blacks No Irish No dogs. Those days are far behind us but has it made our society any better? I could go on giving examples but I think you get my point. If this gets past the in-built censor I'll be amazed!!! Alright Steve, I too miss the old golliwog but I dont miss, nor do I regret the passing of the No blacks, No Irish, No dogs signs so at least something good came out of PC, thanks for reminding us.
Nobby 6 February 2012 12:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
You can still buy Golliwogs in New Zealand, in fact I saw some in a shop today!
Poet – 6 February 2012 13:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
If people think we were racist in the U K just refer to "The Tuskegee Airmen" and see what happened there to our brothers in arms so to speak
Ros Comain. 6 February 2012 16:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Alan, I can sympathise & to a degree agree with some of both Terry & Maurices' oppinons & can understand why they should see it that way. The only fly in the ointment is when you see shadows of Mccarthyism rearing it's ugly head as shown by Michael. To the Mccarthy ultra right everything that happens or anyone who voices a different view is either Left Wing & part of the Liberal Elite or has been brainwashed by them. Michael has even, on other posts accused the current & most probably the most right wing Tory Party to gainpower as being Left Wing Liberal elite. When views like his are aired it automatically turns every thinking man against a view, that in reality, has merrits.   Sorry Michael this is not America in the late 40's early 50's, this is the UK in the 22nd century there will never be a House Committee on UnBritish Activities. Last edited by John (scouse) Hirons Given Scouse, that you consider yourself a to be a Thinking Man, I am surprised that you are not aware of how the political system works in this country, and, how the media is manipulated to do their bidding, in order to push through their agenda. In relation to the right wing tories, I can only count about 80 to 100 MP,s who could be consisdered to be of that persuasion, Boy Dave and many of the others are only to happy to be in government with the Liberals, it means they do not have to take any radical decisions, eg Europe, which of course lets them of the hook, and ensures the blame will fall on the Liberals. I was sorry to note that you are beginning to show the usual trait of the left, for when challenged, which they hate, they resort to insults. It was great listening to the BBC this morning, subject, Terry. How a minor incident like this can warrant all this hype, is beyond my comprehension, could it be that it is the interests of certain elements within our society to keep it on the boil!!
Terry Carey 6 February 2012 17:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Michael Potter It was great listening to the BBC this morning, subject, Terry.  How a minor incident like this can warrant all this hype, is beyond my comprehension, could it be that it is the interests of certain elements within our society to keep it on the boil!! I think the anwer to the question in the last sentence is an unequivocal Yes. TC.
Terry Carey 6 February 2012 17:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
black versus white

Quoting: Colin Hall You can still buy Golliwogs in New Zealand, in fact I saw some in a shop today! Believe it or not Colin it is still possible over here. It may depend on where you live but recently Patricia bought a mug with a Golliwog design and Ive seen actual gollies on market stalls being sold by Asians as well as them being available in shops. Maybe the furore is dying down!!!! TC.
John (Scouse) Hirons 6 February 2012 17:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Michael Potter Given Scouse, that you consider yourself a to be a Thinking Man, I am surprised that you are not aware of how the political system works  in this country, and, how the media is manipulated to do their bidding, in order to push through their agenda. In relation to the right wing tories, I can only count about 80 to 100 MP,s who could be consisdered to be of that persuasion, Boy Dave and many of the others are only to happy to be in government with the Liberals, it means they do not have to take any radical decisions, eg Europe, which of course lets them of the hook, and ensures the blame will fall on the Liberals. I was sorry to note that you are beginning to show the usual trait of the left, for when challenged, which they hate, they resort to insults. It was great listening to the BBC this morning, subject, Terry.  How a minor incident like this can warrant all this hype, is beyond my comprehension, could it be that it is the interests of certain elements within our society to keep it on the boil!! Alright Michael, I fail to see where I have recoursed to insult, perhaps you can show me where I have. I have only made comment on what is apparent in your posts, all that is needed is for you to incorporate the word Pinko & you will have Mccarthy to a tee. I am a thinking man & thats why Im against all extremes, fascism, communism & Mccarthyism being prime examples. Im a left winger, old Labour to be exact & think that the BBC is on a whole fair in their progamming but stray to the right on political subjects & news coverage.
Mo 6 February 2012 17:32
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
keeping it going

[QUOTE]Quoting: Michael Potter[/B] [I] Given Scouse, that you consider yourself a to be a Thinking Man, I am surprised that you are not aware of how the political system works  in this country, and, how the media is manipulated to do their bidding, in order to push through their agenda. In relation to the right wing tories, I can only count about 80 to 100 MP,s who could be consisdered to be of that persuasion, Boy Dave and many of the others are only to happy to be in government with the Liberals, it means they do not have to take any radical decisions, eg Europe, which of course lets them of the hook, and ensures the blame will fall on the Liberals. I was sorry to note that you are beginning to show the usual trait of the left, for when challenged, which they hate, they resort to insults. It was great listening to the BBC this morning, subject, Terry.  How a minor incident like this can warrant all this hype, is beyond my comprehension, could it be that it is the interests of certain elements within our society to keep it on the boil!! [/I][/QUOTE]Isee our Old Friend Joey Barton has decided to get in on the Act , is it that Anton Ferdinand is the Pied Piper and all the Rats are following him to court for support,,:devil: :devil:
Terry Carey 6 February 2012 17:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
black versus white

Hi Murray, You make a very good point and I take your comments to heart. It is true that the old saying mud sticks has never been more in evidence than it is these days. With all the media attention it is virtually impossible for anyone to live down anything which has once caught the imagination of the public - usually fed by the press to the nth degree. Its a shame but thats the reality of life nowadays. Fair play has gone completely out of the window in exchange for the hysteria bandwagon. TC.
Terry Carey 6 February 2012 17:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
black versus white.

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons .   I'm a left winger, old Labour to be exact & think that the BBC is on a whole fair in their progamming but stray to the right on political subjects & news coverage. Scouse, Im a bit apprehensive in replying to the comment above for weve been here before in disagreeing on this point. The BBC is well known for being so biased against the Tories and, to a lesser degree the LibDems that most of their programmes on politics are laughable in the way that they steadfastly give more airtime to Labour and Labours point of view than to all others. There is no way that the Beeb can be regarded as being favourable to any right wing politician or policy. I fail utterly to comprehend how you can see things that way. TC.
John (Scouse) Hirons 6 February 2012 19:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey Scouse, I'm a bit apprehensive in replying to the comment above for we've been here before in disagreeing on this point. The BBC is well known for being so biased against the Tories and, to a lesser degree the LibDems that most of their programmes on politics are laughable in the way that they steadfastly give more airtime to Labour and Labour's point of view than to all others. There is no way that the Beeb can be regarded as being favourable to any right wing politician or policy.  I fail utterly to comprehend how you can see things that way. TC. Alright Terry, Why be apprehensive me auld mate? I did fix bayonets & prepared to charge but then I saw your bludy big pig stabber of yours & thought "sod thet for a game of soldiers". If you look logically at this, if I being from the left think the BEEB has a right wing slant & you being of the right think it leans to the left, then they must be doing something right & batting down the middle. It proves the old saying, I have just made up, if you steer down the middle both side throw stones at you.
Nobby 6 February 2012 19:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
It used to be that I, like many others, carried a small world band radio wherever I went in the world in order to listen to the BBC as being the only utterly reliable source of information. I still have that little radio, but never use it for the purpose for which I bought it all those years ago, for the simple reason of the BBC becoming totally politicized over the years to the point of very real bias to the liberal left. Thats a fact, unpalatable though it may be! Thats not just my opinion. News pundits all over the world have come to rely less on the BBC than on other sources, or use other sources to verify what the BBC has said, only to find it wanting. To be completely fair, the BBC are probably not alone, with CNN being possibly the worst, and in fact most US based sources are so US-centric as to be totally incredible.
Terry Carey 7 February 2012 17:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
black versus white

A good argument Scouse but not entirely a valid one. Your left wing views must be so far over that anything less than total agreement with you must leave you feeling that the Beeb is leaning to the right. However my moderate views - slightly to the right of Genghis Khan - suggest to me that the bias is to the left. It seems Colin and I are on one side and you on the other so I suggest we leave it at that. Well never agree. I can afford to be magnanimous - after all Colin and I are right. TC.
Nobby 7 February 2012 19:28
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The question has long ceased to be whether the BBC is biased or not. Anyone using the internet as a news source knows it is.Unless youre a leftist, in which case the BBC is on your side! Which just goes to show how outdated the organisation has become. Its existence may have made some kind of crazy sense in a bygone era, but why now in the 21st century and in the age of internet and global communications they still continue to subsidise it with our taxes is a mystery? At a time when we can get our news and documentaries and drama from anywhere how does paying for the BBC make sense? I would suggest that without taxpayer support and faced with real competition, the BBC as a news organisation would disappear. I reckon everyone who works there must read the Guardian every morning before inventing the news!
Ros Comain. 7 February 2012 20:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Michael, I fail to see where I have recoursed to insult, perhaps you can show me where I have. I have only made comment on what is apparent in your posts, all that is needed is for you to incorporate the word 'Pinko' & you will have Mccarthy to a tee.   I am a thinking man & that's why I'm against all extremes, fascism, communism & Mccarthyism being prime examples.   I'm a left winger, old Labour to be exact & think that the BBC is on a whole fair in their progamming but stray to the right on political subjects & news coverage. [/QUOTE I dont like the term McCarthy Ultra Right, I would much prefer the term "Extreme Right Wing", and yes I will add Pinko. Given that this term was also used, during the cold war to describe someone sympathetic to communism, then you could argue that it would apply to both of us.!!
Mo 8 February 2012 17:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
furore

[QUOTE]Quoting: Terry Carey[/B] [I] Believe it or not Colin it is still possible over here.  It may depend on where you live but recently Patricia bought a mug with a Golliwog design and I've seen actual gollies on market stalls being sold by Asians as well as them being available in shops. Maybe the furore is dying down!!!! TC. [/I][/QUOTE]No Terry i doubt i dont think the furore in relation to Black versus White issue will ever die down or even go away as long we have people taking remarks made in playground ,playing fields ,work places and other areas, out side and fielding them to the Medium of the Television and what i title The Gutter Press. Here we may now have a situation where it isnt bad results that brings the Manager of the England to the verge of Resignation or the Sack., it will be one Family with a grudge against another person who replaced one of that same family as the England Football Team Captain.:devil: :devil:
John (Scouse) Hirons 8 February 2012 18:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: maurice robinson[/B] Quoting: Terry Carey[/B] Believe it or not Colin it is still possible over here.  It may depend on where you live but recently Patricia bought a mug with a Golliwog design and I've seen actual gollies on market stalls being sold by Asians as well as them being available in shops. Maybe the furore is dying down!!!! TC.  No Terry i doubt  i dont think the furore in relation to Black versus White issue will ever die down or even go away as long we have people  taking  remarks made in playground ,playing fields ,work places and other areas, out side and fielding them to the Medium of the Television and what i title The Gutter Press. Here we may now have a situation where it isnt bad results that brings the Manager of the England to the verge of Resignation or the Sack., it will be one Family with a grudge against another person who replaced one of that same family as the England Football Team Captain. [/QUOTE] Alright Maurice, I think you have put your finger on a salient point, I for one had not thought of that, a grudge, I think you could be right.
Mo 8 February 2012 20:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
grudge

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons [I]No Terry i doubt  i dont think the furore in relation to Black versus White issue will ever die down or even go away as long we have people  taking  remarks made in playground ,playing fields ,work places and other areas, out side and fielding them to the Medium of the Television and what i title The Gutter Press. Here we may now have a situation where it isnt bad results that brings the Manager of the England to the verge of Resignation or the Sack., it will be one Family with a grudge against another person who replaced one of that same family as the England Football Team Captain.  [/I] Alright Maurice, I think you have put your finger on a salient point, I for one had not thought of that, a grudge, I think you could be right. [/I][/QUOTE]Well it has happened in the last couple of hours ,He,s Gone, Capello!, Who else is there to take his place ,whoever it is you can be sure the press will will start digging sh*t up about their private lives from day one so if i was you Harry i wouldnt touch it
Spud 9 February 2012 02:07
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colin Hall You can still buy Golliwogs in New Zealand, in fact I saw some in a shop today! But not at Auckland Airport Colin! An airport toy shop has been ordered to hide its "golliwogg" dolls after they offended a visiting black American hip hop star. Big Boi - half of chart-topping hip hop duo Outkast who performed solo at a packed Powerstation on Thursday night - noticed the dolls at Auckland Airport-based Natures Window as he was leaving yesterday. He posted a picture of the dolls, viewed by many as racist, on Twitter with the message: "Ok, all blacks is a rugby team, but what the **** are these ..." The comment drew several replies, with one tweeting "throw them in the bin with the person selling them" and another adding: "cant explain that one ... burn the racist airport down". The dolls did not appear to have soured the rappers view of Kiwis - he tweeted minutes later that "Despite the Golliwoggs [sic], New Zealanders are cool as ****". But airport management quickly ordered their removal after being contacted by the Weekend Herald. "Once we were made aware, the retailer was immediately asked to remove the product from sale," airport corporate relations manager Richard Llewellyn said. The dolls - sold in white, brown and black - had been sold at the airport for two months without any previous complaints, he said. "While individual retail companies at the airport make their own choices about the products and services they sell, the airport also has the right to ask those retailers to cease selling products that may be regarded as objectionable or inappropriate. "In this case we acknowledge that this is a product widely regarded as inappropriate and likely to cause offence, and as a result the retailer has been asked to remove it from sale." Airport management had not spoken with Big Boi about the dolls, but it was understood he "discussed the matter in some detail" with the shop staff, Mr Llewellyn said. "We apologise for any offence caused as a result of this product being on sale at the airport." The store owner could not be reached for comment yesterday but a worker said the order "stinks". "Now we have to pull them off the shelves and replace them with the white dolls. It sucks." Race Relations Commissioner Joris de Bres said New Zealanders often did not realise "golliwog" dolls had a controversial history in other countries where many people find them offensive. "It would be wrong to say that a retailer cannot sell golliwog dolls, but I would have thought that good retailers will be well aware that causing people offence is not good for business, especially at a time when we will be expecting a lot of overseas visitors." But Richard Thomson, general manager of the gift store chain Acquisitions which stock the dolls, likened the airports decision to the Nazi Partys burning of books. "In my view, this is just silliness ... and youre talking to a card-carrying lefty here." The character the dolls are based on started out in 1895 as brave and lovable in childrens books by Florence Kate Upton, before soft-toy versions were made. They also featured in the Noddy books of Enid Blyton. But by the 1940s the toys began to be associated with the racial insult "wog" and by the 1960s books - many showing golliwogs as villains - were being withdrawn from libraries because they were seen as racially insensitive. Their sale sparked outrage in England in 2009, and the visitors centre at the Queens estate at Sandringham, Norfolk, removed similar toys from sale and apologised for any offence.
Raymond Hall 9 February 2012 05:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cyber family 173 here we go again

hi gerard, sometime ago in the days of IDI AMIN[uganda dictayor] he had analtercation with a company in uk, called robinsons jam,there emblem on all there products was a GOLLIWOG to which he took offence inbetween murdering half the population of uganda,and sent an official protest to the company,robinsons did not like the tone or content of the letter,and sent the following letter to president amin.SIR if you continue to send us abusive letters WE WILL REMOVE YOUR PHOTO FROM ALL OUR PRODUCTS"robinsons golliwood jam ltd.
Spud 9 February 2012 07:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: raymond hall [I]hi gerard, sometime ago in the days of IDI AMIN[uganda dictayor] he had analtercation with a company in uk, called robinsons jam,there emblem on all there products was a GOLLIWOG' to which he took offence inbetween murdering half the population of uganda,and sent an official protest to the company,robinsons did not like the tone or content of the letter,and sent the following letter to president' amin.SIR if you continue to send us abusive letters WE WILL REMOVE YOUR PHOTO FROM ALL OUR PRODUCTS"robinsons golliwood jam ltd. [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/Christchurch Branch of the I like it Raymond. Heres a pic of the Canterbury Lodge of the NZ Order of Golliwogs, do you have them in Aussie? (sigh) I suppose it makes a change from sheep.
Forum post attachment
Raymond Hall 9 February 2012 08:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cyber family 173 just joshing

hi gerard, thought you might like it?no we dont have golliwog club here, but my daughter still has the one i cave her 30 years ago it still sits on stool at the end of the bed,
Raymond Hall 9 February 2012 12:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cyber family 173 gollywogsh

hi gerard,its ray again,re your gollywog club,if you google robotsons jam factory uk.you will find a heap of info there for your club ,different types of gollywogs and what they were used for ,some of them are woth alot of money,2 or 3 of the right ones and you can retire!1
Little Mo 9 February 2012 13:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: maurice robinson[/B] [I [I] TC.  [/I]No Terry i doubt  i dont think the furore in relation to Black versus White issue will ever die down or even go away as long we have people  taking  remarks made in playground ,playing fields ,work places and other areas, out side and fielding them to the Medium of the Television and what i title The Gutter Press. Here we may now have a situation where it isnt bad results that brings the Manager of the England to the verge of Resignation or the Sack., it will be one Family with a grudge against another person who replaced one of that same family as the England Football Team Captain.  [/I][/QUOTE] Sorry to disappoint you Maurice but it wasn't Anton Ferdinand who reported John Terry, it was a member of the public who was a spectator at the football match who heard what he said, so i'm afraid your idea of the grudge goes out the window. Last edited by Maureen Cartwright nee Lawrence
Mo 9 February 2012 16:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
MISQUOTE

[QUOTE]Quoting: Maureen Cartwright nee Lawrence[/B] [I]No Terry i doubt  i dont think the furore in relation to Black versus White issue will ever die down or even go away as long we have people  taking  remarks made in playground ,playing fields ,work places and other areas, out side and fielding them to the Medium of the Television and what i title The Gutter Press. Here we may now have a situation where it isnt bad results that brings the Manager of the England to the verge of Resignation or the Sack., it will be one Family with a grudge against another person who replaced one of that same family as the England Football Team Captain.[IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/devil.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/devil.gif[/IMG]  [/I][/QUOTE] Sorry to disappoint you Maurice but it wasn't Anton Ferdinand who reported John Terry, it was a member of the public who was a spectator at the football match who heard what he said, so i'm afraid your idea of the grudge goes out the window. [I] Last edited by Maureen Cartwright nee Lawrence[/I][/I][/QUOTE.Sorry Maureen maybe it was a member of the Public who brought the com plaint but it wasnt heard it was cought on Phone Camera and i suspect it was shown to Anton Ferdinand who then egged that person to forward it on . No one has come up with the name of this person or what Colour they are , i still stick to my views that the Ferdinands ae the main cause of this issue and even if John Terry is found Guilty that family will become Piriahs in the football world :devil: :devil:
Mo 9 February 2012 16:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
jam

[QUOTE]Quoting: Gerard Grout[/B] [I][QUOTE]Quoting: raymond hall[/B] [I]hi gerard, sometime ago in the days of IDI AMIN[uganda dictayor] he had analtercation with a company in uk, called robinsons jam,there emblem on all there products was a GOLLIWOG' to which he took offence inbetween murdering half the population of uganda,and sent an official protest to the company,robinsons did not like the tone or content of the letter,and sent the following letter to president' amin.SIR if you continue to send us abusive letters WE WILL REMOVE YOUR PHOTO FROM ALL OUR PRODUCTS"robinsons golliwood jam ltd.[IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/aetsch.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/aetsch.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/aetsch.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/aetsch.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/aetsch.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/Images/Smilies/Christchurch Branch of the I like it Raymond. Here's a pic of the Canterbury Lodge of the NZ Order of Golliwogs, do you have them in Aussie? (sigh) I suppose it makes a change from sheep. [/I][/QUOTE]Sorry Raymond the name of the jam makers was "ROBERTSONS" ,The only jam our family the "Robinsons "made was Home Made Strawberry by my Mother after we had been out picking them , and we didnt have to wear a Safety Hat Goggles and Gloves in those days of Peace and Tranquility ,( Got four Miniture Golliwog instrumentalists on our Window ledge ),:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Forum post attachment
Little Mo 9 February 2012 19:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[I] Last edited by Maureen Cartwright nee Lawrence[/I][/I][/QUOTE.Sorry Maureen maybe it was a member of the Public who brought the com plaint but it wasnt heard it was cought on Phone Camera and i suspect it was shown to Anton Ferdinand who then egged that person to forward it on . No one has come up with the name of this person or what Colour they are , i still stick to my views that the Ferdinands ae the main cause of this issue and even if John Terry is  found Guilty that family will become Piriahs in the football world [/I][/QUOTE] It seems to me Maurice that the only person who appears to be carrying a grudge is you and it seems to be against people whose skin colour is not white.
John Raymond 9 February 2012 20:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Black versus White

Maurice Robinson began this thread and called it Black versus White, as if there was some kind of war going on. He goes on to state that a member of the public took a photograph of the alleged incident, and assumes that the person showed the picture to Anton Ferdinand, who "egged that person to forward it on" Is there anyone else here who could believe such a ridiculous scenario? Also, the Ferdinands "are the main cause of the issue, and even if Terry is found guilty etc..etc..."ad nauseam. If Terry is found guilty of the charges, it will mean he is a racist, so maybe the Ferdinands could be found guilty of being black and inviting comments from Mr "Whiter than White" Terry. John Terry says he didnt call Ferdinand a "....... black ....," although he did use the words to ask Anton if he "thought" hed said them. I cant think of a situation on a football pitch where someone would ask such a question. Mr Robinsons views are transparent, and I dont even have to explain that.
Nobby 9 February 2012 21:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Well said John.

There are very few black people in New Zealand, but when you do see one you can just about guarantee he came here as a refugee from some African war. Sometimes, but rarely, he is a part of a family, but more often than not he is alone. I know one such case. He is a very tall Somali  and I noticed him working in my local supermarket one day, and moving with a severe limp. I spoke to him using my very limited Swahili picked up in Kenya all those years ago: "Jambo: I said,  ["Hello]"Habari arko" ["How are you?"]. His face broke out in an enormous smile as he offered his hand which I took, and over the next few weeks he greeted me every time with that same huge smile. I met him yesterday and he greets me like a long-lost buddy! He's not very old, about 30 perhaps, but all of his life he has been a victim. His leg was badly shattered at age 15 by being beaten with an AK47 wielded by one of his fellow countrymen, and he received no specialist medical treatment. Then he'll tell you how proud he is that he's here with his wife and two kids "and they are going to school" as if that in itself is a fantastic achievement. "I am a Kiwi now" and there is that huge smile again. So you see, the colour of one's skin is not a matter of "Black or White", and race relations are not determined by an utterly pointless and inconsequential argument between two overpaid and brain dead footballers who couldn't find their own arses with both hands: it's about people! Real people, not  footballers! Last edited by Colin Hall
Mo 10 February 2012 22:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
suspicion

Quoting: John Raymond Maurice Robinson began this thread and called it Black versus White, as if there was some kind of war going on. He goes on to state that a member of the public took a photograph of the alleged incident, and assumes that the person showed the picture to Anton Ferdinand, who "egged that person to forward it on" Is there anyone else here who could believe such a ridiculous scenario? Also, the Ferdinands "are the main cause of the issue, and even if Terry is found guilty etc..etc..."ad nauseam. If Terry is found guilty of the charges, it will mean he is a racist, so maybe the Ferdinands could be found guilty of being black and inviting comments from Mr "Whiter than White" Terry. John Terry says he didn't call Ferdinand a "....... black ....," although he did use the words to ask Anton if he "thought" he'd said them. I can't think of a situation on a football pitch where someone would ask such a question. Mr Robinson's views are transparent, and I don't even have to explain that. here i am again John the reason that i seem to have drawn myself to the conclusions that ihave is because i in my own way of thinking am trying to conclude as to why this Farcical sitiation has been allowed to Manifest itself. i understand as to why you think that certain scenarios of my views may seem to border on the ridiculous but in repeating my self a stupid situation like this one is open to all types of innuendoes. now i am not saying John Terry is whiter than white but if i myself had been accused of something i thought iwasnt guilty of i wouldnt expect to be Castigated in the way John terry has untill i had had my day in court and i think you and most others would feel the same.finaly Rio Ferdinand among many others are calling for the new England Manager to be English (i my self hope so ) but isnt this being Racist!
Nobby 10 February 2012 23:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: maurice robinson Rio Ferdinand  among many others are calling for the new England Manager to be English (i my self hope so ) but isnt this being Racist!] Only if hes from Liverpool!
John (Scouse) Hirons 11 February 2012 02:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colin Hall Only if he's from Liverpool! Alright Colin, Shhhh, we havent delared UDI yet its still hush hush.
Raymond Hall 11 February 2012 08:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by

hi maurice, tried to send you a post 4 times this morning [oz time =+9hrs uk] and lost every one in cyber space dont have a clue how they got lost ? and then had to go and play bowls,so ime having another go now 1900hrs oz time.with regards to how we are we are all fine, and hope you and yours are fine also? had a slice of toast before I went to bowls,with ROBOTSONS marmalade regards from ray and shirl
Raymond Hall 11 February 2012 08:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by

now its gone to black/white think I am going doolally ray
John Raymond 11 February 2012 09:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Maurice, of course its not racist to prefer that an England football boss should be English, the clue is in the name ! However, its no guarantee that he will achieve success with the material at his disposal!
Raymond Hall 11 February 2012 10:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by

maurice I know you are trying to contact me, as fr inform me that you have sent a message but there seems to be a scipt problem and I cant open message ray
Mo 11 February 2012 12:00
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
why

[QUOTE]Quoting: John Raymond[/B] [I]Maurice, of course it's not racist to prefer that an England football boss should be English, the clue is in the name ! However, it's no guarantee that he will achieve success with the material at his disposal! [/I][/QUOTE]Well its like this you and i may not think its racist to use the phrase English but it has already been raised by smome Bigots out There .Any way John i think this particular debate has run its course and it has been a very interesting onefrom all sides, So lets hope Common Sense will preside in the end.:| :thumb: :thumb: :| :|
Terry Carey 11 February 2012 16:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
black versus white

Common sense is a rare commodity these days as we are all too aware I think. I said earlier that the simple thing would have been for Anton Ferdinand to confront John Terry in the tunnel after the game. A quiet word after the emotions of the game had died away might well have cleared up the matter. As things stand it has now been blown out of all proportion to its importance. Why the court case has been put back is unclear but surely the best course of action under the circumstances would have been to get it onto the court calendar ASAP. It does no good stretching these things out. John Terry is hardly a good role model as we have seen by his behaviour in the past and is now surely on the way down as a footballer. Capello sacked him for no good reason - his fornication was nothing to do with anyone else but his wife as the woman in question we were told had ceased to be the girl friend of his team mate. Therefore Capellos decision was wrong as also was the sulking of Gareth Barry. (?) Capellos backing for John Terry in this current case was also wrong. He should have sacked him until the furore had been resolved one way or another. TC.
Sigs 11 February 2012 16:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
black versus white

As far as I know there is not a footballer in this world that is worth the sort of money that these over rated posers are paid . I would not cross the street to watch any one of them play . But I would go to the local playing fields and watch young lads playing the game for fun . And is a manager worth £6M a year now come on ?????????????????? Our lads out there in afghan are payed peanuts .
Forum post attachment
John (Scouse) Hirons 11 February 2012 18:15
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
One brain dead over rated over paid kicker of a ball said something to an other brain dead over rated over paid kicker of a ball & everyone is up in arms about it, its pathetic.