{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / FREE Cavity Wall and loft Installation ??.

FREE Cavity Wall and loft Installation ??.

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by ..... 3 February 2012 16:02 1562 views Link  
..... 3 February 2012 16:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FREE Cavity Wall and loft Installation ??.

As i am deeply suspicious of anything offered for nothing i would like to ask anyone who has had Cavity Wall and loft Insulation done by a Firm called A and M Insulations Cardiff and other Branches around the country. It is free for people over 70, Disabled or on various Pensions. They will do the work in two weeks time and nothing to pay as it is a Government Scheme. As i have never had Owt for Nowt Experiences if available please.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 3 February 2012 17:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FREE Cavity Wall etc

No worries John if my experience is anything to go by. A couple of months ago a cold caller from Weatherseal came to offer the same for us. It seems that we have all been paying secretly for this in our energy bills and the money diverted into a Government fund. There is apparently a huge fund of cash available but there will be a time limit soon and we were in fact told that the scheme is for just about anybody. The lady caller came on Monday and the wall insulation done two days later. We already had ten inches of loft insulation so didnt need that doing. I can also vouch for the fact that the house is definitely warmer and I wish it had been done earlier. There was little fuss or mess but just make sure before they go that all holes are blocked. Not that it makes much difference. They also take out the air bricks and put sleeves in before replacing them so that they arent blocked. Well worth having it done as long as the firm is reputable. TC.
Margaret 3 February 2012 21:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Free Cavity Wall

Quoting: john daly  As i  am deeply suspicious of anything offered for nothing i would like to ask anyone who has had Cavity Wall  and loft Insulation done by a Firm called A and M Insulation's Cardiff and other Branches around the country.  It is free for people over 70, Disabled or on various Pensions. They will do the work in two weeks time and nothing to pay as it is a Government Scheme.   As i have never had Owt for Nowt          Experiences if available please. No Worries John,we had ours done three years ago,through warm front,cant remember now who the firm was but it was well worth it,and it was all inspected by government inspectors and passed...We also had the new boiler installed through them too,it is above board and you shouldnt have to part with a penny....
Bald Eagle 3 February 2012 21:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
yes john daly, it`s all/ mostly above board thru govmnt schemes , we had ours done thru british gas , cant say i`ve really noticed any difference and i was a bit dubious about " sealing " the house in , i thought houses / buildings were supposed to "breath" . but heyho , the wife said it would help the bills . so who am i to argue. anyway all done , just ask friends .neighbours who did theirs , and go for it .
Vicky 3 February 2012 21:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Free cavity wall insulation

John we had ours done for free through Npower about 2 years ago and it has made a big difference.
Ceylon220 3 February 2012 23:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Mine was done through N Power also ,took the lads 1/2 hour to completely cover the loft in 12" of insulation and it did`nt cost a penny even asked if I wanted cavity wall installation as well.
Bomber 5 February 2012 12:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Warm Front did ours, no problems at all and the house is warmer. If you are sure that the firm you mentioned is reputable, go for it.
Bomber 5 February 2012 12:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Forgot to mention that they found that our hot water tank was suspect and said it wouldnt last long and did we want a new one fitted? They fitted a new one with all new pipes around the boiler at no cost whatsoever, so get then to check yours. Dont be afraid to ask, they can always so no.
..... 5 February 2012 13:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Many Thanks for the replies so far, feel more confident about this. Good of you all to take the time out. Will ask around local to see if anyone has used this Firm. Regards J. D.
Murray Whyte 5 February 2012 15:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: john daly Many Thanks for the replies so far, feel more confident about this.  Good of you all to  take the time out. Will ask around local to see if anyone has used this Firm.    Regards J. D. Ask the local council. Most councils have been doing their housing stock to bring them up to millennium standards.
..... 14 April 2012 15:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Thanks again for all replies. Good job done. Can feel the difference already. This 100% free offer is to end soon so if anyone needs, or knows, someone who could use it do tell them to get on and apply. This offer not only applies to folks over 70 years but also to people on benefit.