{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Cyber Family 173

Cyber Family 173

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Margaret 17 January 2012 15:48 36061 views Link  
Margaret 17 January 2012 15:48
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Cyber Family 173

Hello everyone... i have moved us over to Fuertaventura in the canaries,its warm and sunny and its the villa that Scouse and Sandie are hiring later in the year,we will have the full use of it till such time as we happy to move out!!! So Scouse you know your way here so no excuse for getting lost ..... Got any more pics to post of the place? then everyone can see where we are.... i am gone for a nap will see you all by the pool shortly,help yourself to drinks....
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
John (Scouse) Hirons 17 January 2012 18:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Margaret Turner Hello everyone...  i have moved us over to Fuertaventura in the canaries,it's warm and sunny and it's the villa that Scouse and Sandie are hiring later in the year,we will have the full use of it till such time as we happy to move out!!! So Scouse you know your way here so no excuse for getting lost ..... Got any more pics to post of the place? then everyone can see where we are.... i am gone for a nap will see you all by the pool shortly,help yourself to drinks.... Alright Margaret, No sooner said than done (although this is my second attempt). So if youll take a seat in the lounge;
Forum post attachment
John (Scouse) Hirons 17 January 2012 18:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Ill serve the drinks in the dining area;
Forum post attachment
Vicky 17 January 2012 19:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons I'll serve the drinks in the dining area; Right then Scouse I will have a large Vodka and coke with lots of ice, thankyou very much.
Forum post attachment
John (Scouse) Hirons 17 January 2012 19:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Or if you like we could sit in the shaded patio area & watch the golf & the swimmers;
Forum post attachment
John (Scouse) Hirons 17 January 2012 19:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett Right then Scouse I will have a large Vodka and coke with lots of ice, thankyou very much. Alright Vicky, Would you like a slice of lemon with that? I think it counts as one of your five a-day. Is Ian having a San Miguel? Beware though, dont criticise Liverpool Fc the Son in Law is a red hot red neck
Forum post attachment
Vicky 17 January 2012 19:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Vicky, Would you like a slice of lemon with that? I think it counts as one of your five a-day. Is Ian having a San Miguel? Beware though, don't criticise Liverpool Fc the Son in Law is a red hot red neck Yes please to the slice of lemon and the San Miguel for Ian. I would never criticise Liverpool Fc as I support them as well. sorry I know you are an Evertonian.
Forum post attachment
Margaret 17 January 2012 19:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 173

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Or if you like we could sit in the shaded patio area & watch the golf & the swimmers; Oh this will do very nicely thankyou scouse.... bring your drink in too,i will have a brandy and coke please,go easy on the coke though ...thank you
Forum post attachment
Colum 17 January 2012 20:39
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good evening all - just back from dinner at Andreas. Bacon spuds and turnip -mmmmmmmm Harry. Just reward for baby sitting. They were as good as gold. So we have moved again and its warm and sunny here - imagination is wonderful. A Powers for me and a pint of carlsburg. On a tray please. You can serve in all three places Scouse and i will go to them. All for now - must collect me mail from the last address. Take care/
Margaret 17 January 2012 21:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 173

Quoting: Colum Doherty Good evening all - just back from dinner at Andreas.   Bacon spuds and turnip -mmmmmmmm Harry. Just reward for baby sitting.  They were as good as gold.   So we have moved again and its warm and sunny here - imagination is wonderful. A Powers for me and a pint of carlsburg.  On a tray please. You can serve in all three places Scouse and i will go to them.   All for now - must collect me mail from the last address. Take care/ Evening colum love you been baby sitting ? i bet you enjoyed that...almost as much as your dinner!! yes nice and warm here love,cant you feel the sun on your back?drink up there is more on the way...
Colum 17 January 2012 23:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good evening all. Hello Margaret - yes i feel the sun on me back and the drink is flowing. Kids were very good and Lee even insisted on sitting on me knee - i was shocked. Maybe he is getting used to me. Have yous gotten over the cold yet. Its a biuxxxggger really when it sets in. Every one else has gone to bed so i will go as well. Night night Margaret and Phil and Craig. God bless you all.
Roly01 18 January 2012 02:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Managed to sneek in to page 3. Where is the page 3 girl? Kilt arrived from Scotland yesterday afternoon. Very pleased with it and for the speed of delivery. Now just have to remember how to put it on and what sort of underdaks I wear....or not! Looking forward to checking it out and wondering where To wear it to. I have a reunion lunch on the 4th of Feb and a Dinner on the 18th Feb. Main thing is to get comfortable with it by time of Grandaughters wedding in March. Still raining. 10 inches of rain over the last 3 days. Time of the year for it, but getting fed up with the damp. OK. Now where is that page 3 girl?
John (Scouse) Hirons 18 January 2012 04:24
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Arthur(Roly) Rowsell Managed to sneek in to page 3. Where is the page 3 girl? Kilt arrived from Scotland yesterday afternoon. Very pleased with it and for the speed of delivery. Now just have to remember how to put it on and what sort of underdaks I wear....or not! Looking forward to checking it out and wondering where To wear it to. I have a reunion lunch on the 4th of Feb and a Dinner on the 18th Feb. Main thing is to get comfortable with it by time of Grandaughters wedding in March. Still raining. 10 inches of rain over the last 3 days. Time of the year for it, but getting fed up with the damp. OK. Now where is that page 3 girl? Alright Roly, As requested, fill ya boots with this one;
Forum post attachment
Vicky 18 January 2012 08:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf173

Good morning everyone, a dull drizzly dark day here. Ian and Patch have gone down to the creek for thier walk and then Ian might be doing some work on the boat, depending on the state of the tide. I have a lot of cooking to do today as Derek and Mary are coming over for the day tomorrow to celebrate Dereks 75th birthday which is today. i am going to make a coffee and walnut cake, some ice cream and an apple crumble. Harry all the very best for tomorrow, hope it all goes well and that you have a speedy recovery. Roly make sure its not a windy day when you first wear your kilt, especially if you go commando. Lets see a photo of you wearing it. Scouse I take it that Sandie is not going in to hospital soon if you are booked up to go to Spain. Bring some sunshine back with you. Mike and Maureen are in Port Said today ready to go through the Suez canal tonight. Have a nice day everyone and take care.
Raymond Hall 18 January 2012 08:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cyber family 173 just joshing

ok guys ,you have had your fun, can somebodj tell me where we live now, ime in the castle on my own,at least the rent is paid [I hope] but the removal van is costing me an arm and a leg ray/shirl
Jacky Kelly 18 January 2012 10:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
C.F. 173

Good Morning To You Margaret. Wendy. Teresa. Vicky. Sheila. Patricia .Adele. Eve. Julie. Pat. Rita. Theresa. Tracy. Sheila(j).Sue Kate. June Pamela Christine. Mike. Harry. Colum.Roly Byron. Murray. Arthur. Ian ,Charlie. Eddie. Trevor. Pete. John Scouse,Hirons. Ron. Ray. Donald. Gordon. Graham. Phillip. David. Fred. Gus. Carl. (rev)John. Bob. Mick. Alan. Tony. Emlyn. Owen..Mathew. James.. Kevin. Andrew. Steve.Frank.Hugh.Gerard.Doug. Kingo. Maurice Wazza. Ray.& Shirl And All The Rest Of The Family Have A Nice Cold Wednesday
Forum post attachment
Handle Oval Balls With Care. 18 January 2012 11:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Morning all.I will try and make the most of my visit to these digs,but cannot promise to not doing a runner when it is my round. But it is like I have already posted,It SHOULD be February when I am kicked off. Harry will be sat in his ward I would think,and been prodded and poked ready for his op,so lets hope all goes well for him.
Margaret 18 January 2012 16:08
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 173

Good afternoon family no frost today just rain and dark clouds/... it seems i will have to do as the page three girl,cant see anyone else around... oooops am i too late?this could be page 4.... phil is in bed right now,he has a lot of pain in his back and he is still coughing,the doc rang and gave him some more antibiotics,so i have to get up there and pick them up... Good to see you still calling in Mike....no need to do a runner when its your round,Drinks are on me!!! i have loads in so fill your boots.... Harry goes into hospital tomorrow morning and his op. is to be done on Friday,so i am sure we will all be praying and thinking of him,i was contemplating ringing the ward to let the nurses know they have an ex fleet air arm sailor in their midst,he could charm the birds from the trees... especially when he gets his appetite back... bless him,i pray everything goes well for him.... Colum love,i hope you are ok and have found yourself a flight to Malta,when are you all going? hell you will be flying off and June is flying off to Brazil,I bet Hugh and Yvonne will be taking off to Tenerife again this summer,Scouse and Sandie will be off to spain again,i am going to be the only one stuck on Bury market all alone.... Roly love,glad you got your kilt,you must have some pics taken in that,i love a kilt... never mind about any tradition,get some kecks on underneath,please dont spoil the illusion,hell it doesnt bear thinking about Ray we are in Fuertavenura in the canaries,its warm and lovely here,enough of the draughty old castle,there is nothing owing we did a moonlight Afternoon Jack love, How are you and June now? i hope you are both feeeling better after Junes brothers funeral last friday.... Vicky love send me some of your baking especially the apple crumble mmmmmmmmm lovely...have a nice day with Derek and Mary.... I downloaded a book our Edie recommended to me from Kindle,its called child 44 i am getting quite a collection now.... Good luck and know we are rooting for you Harry love
Forum post attachment
John (Scouse) Hirons 18 January 2012 16:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Alright Each & All, Weve just had a phone call from the Royal with some good news, Sandies having her reversal next Wednesday to say she is chuffed to doll rags is an understatement. It means we will have to cancel out planned ciggie run to Barcelona & take the loss but who cares. Harry, All the best for tomorrow me auld mate, you may be an auld crock but youre a tough auld crock so you be fine. Margaret, Sorry to hear about Phil, I suggest you give him the cure all...yes youve guessed it...the MTD cure. Alright Mike, Cant be bad, not only are you still here (I did try to bribe them but they wouldnt cut you off PDQ) & youve got our Margaret standing your shout.
Margaret 18 January 2012 16:31
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 173

I spoke to Patricia last night, helloooooooooo again Patricia.... She is having a lot of pain in her joints at the moment and is having to rest more,Luckily Aaron is on top of the business so if she has her hot tub in the mornings she is able to take things slowly,she seems happy enough but it must be frustrating nor being as mobile as she would like to be.... she sends her love to you all,hopefully when her hands ease she will be able to type .. June love,did you have a good birthday? i hope you did,it was a lovely surprise from Sandie to book a holiday to brazil,have you always wanted to go there? there is a lot of coffee in brazil.... i feel a song coming on.... I hope you are well and the family also.
Margaret 18 January 2012 16:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 173

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Each & All, We've just had a 'phone call from the Royal with some good news, Sandies having her reversal next Wednesday to say she is chuffed to doll rags is an understatement. It means we will have to cancel out planned ciggie run to Barcelona & take the loss but who cares.   Harry, All the best for tomorrow me auld mate, you may be an auld crock but you're a tough auld crock so you be fine.   Margaret, Sorry to hear about Phil, I suggest you give him the cure all...yes you've guessed it...the MTD cure.   Alright Mike, Can't be bad, not only are you still here (I did try to bribe them but they wouldn't cut you off PDQ) & you've got our Margaret standing your shout. Hi Scouse love Thats great news for Sandie now you can look forward to having her back on top from ready for the spring and summer,, thatll be harry and sandie both in dock next week,hell we need a block booking system... oooops Scouse i forgot to tell you,all your booze you have stashed away in the back room of the villa? well i found it,err i think i owe you...
Vicky 18 January 2012 16:59
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf173

Scouse that is great news for Sandie, give her all my best wishes and tell her to have a speedy recovery. Margaret you wont be left on your onsome in Bury, we will still be in England. Sorry to hear that Phil is in pain, give him a hug from me. I have books on my Kindle and books from the library, books all over the place. All the cooking is done and I am just waiting for Ian to bring some fish and chips home. We were going to have a casserole but as it was cooking it didnt smell right so I threw it out.
Margaret 18 January 2012 17:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 173

Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett Scouse that is great news for Sandie, give her all my best wishes and tell her to have a speedy recovery. Margaret you wont be left on your onsome in Bury, we will still be in England. Sorry to hear that Phil is in pain, give him a hug from me. I have books on my Kindle and books from the library, books all over the place. All the cooking is done and I am just waiting for Ian to bring some fish and chips home. We were going to have a casserole but as it was cooking it didnt smell right so I threw it out. Hi Vicky love .....yes of course you will love,i wish you were nearer we could meet up... I dont know if Phil has nerves trapped or what but he doesnt have his mri scan till feb so he will have to suffer till then,he can barely walk,its a shame.... I will be having something light for tea,i was thinking bacon sarnies,i fancy that..... i could manage a chippy tea though
The Huntress 18 January 2012 17:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
CF 173

Hellooooo to you too Margaret love, and to all the family I am sorry my poor Phil is still fighting the battle, bless him, try and keep sane sweetheart and remember what I told you..... If I come over there and find you sick....you are in for a frying pan clout yourself! Please take time for yourself love, and get to the quack for meds, thats an order! Sorry I missed your birthday T.T. (Tornado Twin) so belated Happy Birthday love. Thanks for missing me all of you, I missed you too but I did keep checking up on you. As you see today is an improvement, longer in the tub as well, the weather is a killer here....-25 and then up to plus 7, no wonder i couldnt move!! It may stay cold now for a bit so I will be fine as long as it stays one or the other. I am on my way to the holiday venue so Scouse love, stack up those Martinis please. Great news for Sandie finally closing the loophole in her health chart, Yippee Good luck and God bless Harry my darling for tomorrow and Friday,and I look forward to doing those smooth moves with you again in March Hi Jacky love I hope your AR is not as bad as it was and I see your weather has not been too outrageous. Hope everything went as planned on Friday and you and June are doing okay. Give her my love too Now all you world travellers, if you can get to Bury, Wales, Spain, Brazil, Malta, and old boys reunions and such.... you can bliddy well get to here, South Western Ontario, Canada, for a holiday break at my house!!!!. You all know by now, what Patricia wants, Patricia gets, so my darlings, see you all intermittently this year. I intend to get right back on top of my health, my parties, now that I am retired and I am not going to be old anymore....I have given that up for my New Years Resolution and that is final! I shall be in later to catch up on the posts, as I just have one little job to do and that is to incorporate my Agency, so Aaron will be a partner and I can retire fully and just collect my pay, as a erm... a Consultant, yes, thats it Love to all for now and catch you later, I promise not to disappear again anytime soon
John (Scouse) Hirons 18 January 2012 17:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Patricia Davies [II am on my way to the holiday venue so Scouse love, stack up those Martinis please. Great news for Sandie finally closing the loophole in her health chart,  Yippee [ [/I] Alright Pat, Certainly Madam (does that mean you run a brothel?) will you have an olive or an onion in the Martini & would you like the glass frosted?
John (Scouse) Hirons 18 January 2012 18:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Margaret Turner Hi Scouse love  That's great news for Sandie now you can look forward to having her back on top from ready for the spring and summer,, that'll be harry and sandie both in dock next week,hell we need a block booking system... oooops Scouse i forgot to tell you,all your booze you have stashed away in the back room of the villa? well i found it,err i think i owe you... Alright Margaret, Knowing our Sandie, shell be up & atem a couple of weeks after the cut. Help yourself to the booze but beware; one third of them are laced with Viagra & one third are laced with Bromide the rest are straight its called drinkers roulette. I was thinking of getting the crowd down to the sixties bar in Calette to start the nights debauchery in the old fashioned way.
Forum post attachment
Harry Nixon 18 January 2012 18:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
CF 173

Hello everyone the new spot seems good. Scouse give Sandie a hug for me for next Wed. Colum Im off to Kevs for a freebie tonight been a bit busy having my broadband changed over to Virgin Media so Ill sort my new addy out later. Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I will see you later and bore you to tears.
The Huntress 18 January 2012 18:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Pat, Certainly Madam (does that mean you run a brothel?) will you have an olive or an onion in the Martini & would you like the glass frosted? That is straight Vermouth Scouse, and room temp thanks
John (Scouse) Hirons 18 January 2012 20:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: harry nixon Hello everyone the new spot seems good. Scouse give Sandie a hug for me for next Wed. Colum I'm off to Kev's for a freebie tonight been a bit busy having my broadband changed over to Virgin Media so I'll sort my new addy out later. Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I will see you later and bore you to tears. Alright Harry, Sandie sends the hug back & adds a peck on the cheek, the hussy. Youll be pleased to know weve saved you a room with view & have arranged for 2 Swedish nymphomaniacs to give you a massage daily.
Margaret 18 January 2012 21:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 173

Quoting: harry nixon Hello everyone the new spot seems good. Scouse give Sandie a hug for me for next Wed. Colum I'm off to Kev's for a freebie tonight been a bit busy having my broadband changed over to Virgin Media so I'll sort my new addy out later. Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I will see you later and bore you to tears. hi Harry love we will be able to compare scars in a few weeks love,i will show you mine if you will show me yours.... good luck my lovely man,see you when you get home again,my prayers and thoughts are with you ...
Colum 18 January 2012 21:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I will be thinking of Sandy and Harry as well. We could form a visible scars club and stand arounf naked in a circle. Wouldnt that be something. All the best to you both. Big hugs all round i think. Had a senior citizens dinner at lunchtime Harry and the steak melted in the mouth. You love your Vermouth Patricia - you must have shares. The recycling bins in Bury were full to the brim. Lots of posts to read. Its cold and frosty here at the moment. All for now take care Colum.
The Scottish Tornado 18 January 2012 21:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good evening everyone Glad wew are somewhere warm it will break us in for the holidays Margaret I had a great birthday I hd a funeral with Liz yesterday and Trish and I have one on the 24th at Peterhead. My brothers mother-in law so I hope thats the last . I was at a jewellery class last night and made two bracelets and a pair of earings. I really enjoyed it and met some nice women who work in the resource centre. I have been asked to do some card making classes there so I will have to get a disclosure done and it will let me get all the stuff I have lying around used up.They are always looking for people different things for the patients to do so thats my next challenge.Hope Phil gets some relief soon
The Scottish Tornado 18 January 2012 22:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hello again I forgot to speak tp the rest of the family sorry I had lost a post to Margaret earlier and was keen to get it up before the gremlins got onboard again Hope you enjoyed your chippy Vicky, we had mince and tatties. I took Ammie to Tescos to get shoping for her mum and Julie had a dish ready to take home with me for our tea. Patricia hope you are getting about better now,sorry we wont be able to take you up on your invitation this year but you never know what you can arrange with Sandy We have been to Canada and we loved it, it truely is a beautiful country. Harry good luck for Friday , hpoe everything goes well and if you need a nurse just give me a call but dont tell Patricia Colum stop teasing Harry or my Caber will be out Hows Alea doing I bet she is growing fast.Any more pictures Mike I see you are still hitchung a ride here. Good on ye Will give you a call soon for a chat Roly you are getting cheeky in your old age remember you are never too old for a skelped a-se Scouse good news about Sandie I be she cant wait and it will make such a difference to her. We will finish your booze as we dont want it to go off. Hi Gerard hope you have not had any more shakes lately and that you are enjoying your time off. No need to ask about the weather Ray fancy not telling youi we had moved but it is nice and warm here. I have just had a walk along the nudist beach and the scenery was breathtaking We once had a phone call from our best man to say he was comming to visit and we forgot to tell him we had moved but he did find us, we still laugh about it now Hugh are you back playing golf yet. We have had a few days with a hard frost but we had a nice day today, not long now until your break away so be sure to enjoy it Jacky we arte comming down your way the first weekend in February so I might just give you a call if you are going to be at home. You could let me know and we can arrange something if you like Pamela thanks for your kind wishes and I hope you are keeping well and not overdoing it
Margaret 18 January 2012 22:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 173

June you still up? thought you may have been in bed typing good to hear from you.... jewellry making sounds good love,at least you are doing something with your creative talents....
Colum 18 January 2012 22:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good night all - sleep well. On a sadder note - the doctors have given Bridies brother just week as the tumor is inoperable and they are just keeping him pain free and comfortable. I am so vexed as he is a great man I have known for 50 odd years. Good night again and god bless you all.
John (Scouse) Hirons 19 January 2012 01:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colum Doherty Good night all - sleep well. On a sadder note - the doctors have given Bridies brother just week as the tumor is inoperable and they are just keeping him pain free and comfortable. I am so vexed as he is a great man I have known for 50 odd years. Good night again and god bless you all. Alright Colum, That is bad news, it must be hitting you very hard but chin up me auld mate I think I talk for thr whole of CF when I say we are with you, you & Bridies brother are in our thoughts.
Murray Whyte 19 January 2012 04:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Margaret Turner Good afternoon family no frost today just rain and dark clouds/... it seems i will have to do as the page three girl,can't see anyone else around.. Cant have you doing page 3 Margaret so here is one for you.
Forum post attachment
Vicky 19 January 2012 09:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf173

Good morning everyone. My thoughts and prayers are with Harry today. hope you are back with us soon. Colum my prayers go out to Bridies brother as well. June i did enjoy the fish and chips, we are lucky in that we have a superb chippy in the village. I eat far too much but never mind. I shall eat too much today as well with Derek and Mary coming. Menu is as follows. Mushroom soup,3 Bird Roast, Apple Crumble and home made ice cream. For tea there is some shortbread,and a coffe and walnut cake. I will need to starve for the rest of the week to get off all the extra calories. Patricia good to see you back again, hope you are feeling much better. Margaret it would be nice if they could sort Phil out so he was free from pain. How are you love are you still coughing for England? You take care. Have a nice day everyone and take care.
The Scottish Tornado 19 January 2012 09:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Morning all Harry my love you are in my thoughts and prayers a speedy recovery to you Grapes en route Colum my thoughts and prayers are also with you and Bridies brother Vicky can I have left overs sounds lush. What is three bird roast No need to worry about your diet you will soon work it off once you get out in the garden again Margaret I must have just missed you last night. you were right about being in bed with my laptop, Its warmer than sitting in the back sitting room, have to look after these old bones Scouse your up early Hugs to you and Sandie To the rest of the family Hve a nice day. Love to you all June
Colum 19 January 2012 11:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good morning all/ Thank you all very much for the kind words of comfort for the McKinney family. I do hope he goes sooner and without much pain - he doesnt deserve it but God knows best. Sounds loike a good spread Vicky dont worry about the calories - enjoy. Every time food is mentioned i think of Harry/ Harry i am thinking of you today and will be on friday - all the very best mate - all will be well. In bed with the laptop June and they say multitasking is dead. As you say better warm. Hello Margaret and Phil and Patricia (sorry i got your birthdate wrong)/ Make sue you take full benefit f rom your retirement Patricia. I sense mikes presence around somewhere. All for now take care Colum.
Vicky 19 January 2012 19:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf173

Very quiet on here today. Colum there is some apple crumble left,also some ice cream, shall I send a doggy bag over???? June a 3 bird roast is duck breast,chicken breast and turkey breast and it came with an apricot sauce.
Hugh Removed 19 January 2012 19:59
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hello June yes I am back playing golf but now getting a little fed up with the lack of progress with my game. This morning doing so well even got a par on a 5 par hole but come the 7th hole, and every thing went pear shaped. I was on course for my best round ever, but not to worry next time fingers and toes crossed. Not got round to breaking any of my irons yet. Sorry to hear about your friend Colum just hope he departs pain free. Well I hope Harry is OK and back with us soon.
The Huntress 19 January 2012 21:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett Very quiet on here today. Colum there is some apple crumble left,also some ice cream, shall I send a doggy bag over???? June a 3 bird roast is duck breast,chicken breast and turkey breast and it came with an apricot sauce. Hi Vicky love Very quiet and I am still trying to adjust to not work and resist doing things, If our lovely Colum cant manage the leftovers, and Harry absent, Can I stand in for them, it sounds delicious!
Colum 19 January 2012 22:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good night all - sleep well. God bless you all.
Roly01 20 January 2012 04:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Roly, As requested, fill ya boots with this one; Sorry Scouse,,,, used her last month.
Forum post attachment
Roly01 20 January 2012 04:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett Good morning everyone, a dull drizzly dark day here. Ian and Patch have gone down to the creek for thier walk and then Ian might be doing some work on the boat, depending on the state of the tide. I have a lot of cooking to do today as Derek and Mary are coming over for the day tomorrow to celebrate Derek's 75th birthday  which is today. i am going to make a coffee and walnut cake, some ice cream and an apple crumble. Harry all the very best for tomorrow, hope it all goes well and that you have a speedy recovery. Roly make sure its not a windy day when you first wear your kilt, especially if you go commando. Lets see a photo of you wearing it. Scouse I take it that Sandie is not going in to hospital soon if you are booked up to go to Spain. Bring some sunshine back with you. Mike and Maureen are in Port Said today ready to go through the Suez canal tonight. Have a nice day everyone and take care. Hullo Vicky, That cake sounds good. Please despatch by airmail a large....no, on seconds thoughts, a very large sample. Had advice from the bloke that I communicate with from the Scottish Tartan Authority, that it should be worn indoors for a few days until I get used to it. Also tips for sitting in chairs and settees. He recommends going commando, but not up to that. I have worn it for half a day and will wear the full kilt for the Australia Day ceremonies on the 26th January. That should shock a few in the RSL seeing me in a "skirt". Should be lots of fun and the finger being pointed. We are getting lots of rain at the moment, as it is the rainy season, and the river near the house is in full spate. The roar of the water as it goes over the rocks is quite loud, but I am managing to sleep through it. In fact, it is quite a restful sound. Now Friday afternoon and I am using the internet in the local library. For free. (Must be the Scottish blood in the system) Hullo to June and if you promise not to peek I will send you a photo of what is worn under the kilt!
Roly01 20 January 2012 05:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
OK, now read back and caught up. Hope that Phil gets sorted soon. Blimey, they have had enough goes at sorting him out. Maybe we should have him put down and stuffed then stood in the corner of the living room at their house, so that he can still watch out for Margaret from the blokes who chase after her. Nah! Margaret would have no one to nag and shout at! Your reprieved Phil, just get betterer. Lovely to see the posts from the now retired Canadian lassy. Of course, you will have to travel a bit more Patricia. I have a cave you can stay in if you visit me in Queensland. (No snow) I would love to make a trip to come and see you in Canada, but somehow, the bank account cannot stand it. As it is, I have had to cut my social life to only one night a week at the moment to try to save enough money to go and visit my mate in Childers and also go to my Grandaughters wedding in March. Then in June, I have to save enough for the fare to the Far North Queensland by rail to go to the Queensland State conference of the RSL. PS No, I am not begging for a handout!!!!!!!!! Hope all goes well for you Harry at the vets. Are they de sexing you while you are in? Time you settled down and stopped trying to Father the worlds population! Hullo June, when you visit Brazil, just try to persuade the local beauty to pop over to see me. Pretty please! OK. Enough for now and I will go and check the emails. Byee and take care everyone.
Spud 20 January 2012 06:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colum Doherty We could form a visible scars club and stand arounf naked in a circle.  Wouldnt that be something. Not a good idea Colum, you do not want to see my varicose vein scars Corr, up to page 10 already, dont know where time goes. June, the ground has been fairly quiet lately but I hope Im not tempting fate. Back to the concrete jungle on Monday...well not really, Ive been put out to pasture in a low security unit for the past couple of years. Its nice and quiet during the day, most of the clients are nearing the end of their lags and go to out to work. Monty had a groom yesterday, Im afraid I left it a bit too long and he must have really felt the heat. But now that Ive found a good groomer Ill keep it regular from now on. Gave the Mitsi 2 tyres, wheel alignment, change brake fluid. Due for cam belt replacement but thatll have to wait for 1 or 2 pays. Then it should be ok for 4 times plus round the clock. Its a sign of the times that I always have at least half a tank of petrol in case I have to drive around ChCh to round up mine and Antheas kids. As well as a supply of food, water, camp cooker and torches hanging from door handles. Cold war civil defence would be impressed!! Had mostly sunny weather for my 2 weeks off. Not really done much, a few long bike rides (long by my standards!), swimming, take Anthea + dogs for drives and under extreme duress I done some jobs around the house. Had first impression for my choppers two days ago. My first impressions are usually dubious but this one went OK. Ill be so happy when its all done, Im not even bothered by the cost..........well not too much Not much else happening down here, have a nice day.
Forum post attachment
Colum 20 January 2012 08:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good morning all from a very very wet Ballymena. Roly got too uch and sent the spare over here again. Gerard I hope Mother Nature holds her tongue for a while. Your description of the situation comes straight from a ww2 movie with demergency rations etc. Keep up the cycling. Am thinking of you already Harry - all the best m8 - all will be well. Hi Roly have mentioned the rain already - you have kept some. I have seen some photos of commando kilters sitting down whilst being snapped. Nothing left to the imagination haha. Of course if you have it flaunt it Hi Vicky i can hear you and ian up and about - not boating or walking conditions here so i am off back to - yes you have guessed it. No sign of Patricia or Margaret. Mike is definitely off the screen then. Scouse have you a definite date for Sandys op. All for now take care and stay dry.
Vicky 20 January 2012 08:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf173

Good morning everyone, a cold dull day. Harry I pray that all goes well for you today. Roly there is still some coffee cake left but we are going to have some for our tea tonight along with the cream that is left. The diet can wait until next week. Colum you are right we are up and about, Ian and Patch are down at the creek where Ian is taknig the mast off the boat ready to bring it home next week for some TLC. No Margaret yesterday, hope you and Phil are ok love. Patricia keep practising taking it easy. It will soon become second nature. Gerard soon back at work then. Nice to have a break just doing different things. Is the move still in the offing? Have a nice day everyone and take care.