{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Operor EGO vultus amo EGO tutela?

Operor EGO vultus amo EGO tutela?

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Mike Pass 11 January 2012 12:47 5682 views Link  
Bernard Bloore 11 January 2012 12:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
In Gib 1959to1960
I was the church organist at north Front
and worked in New Camp under a Sgt Pawson AND A BIG GUY NAMED THOMPSON
Barbara worked upstairs in the typing pool next door to the nato signals room Would love to here from some one who can remberme
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Mike Pass 11 January 2012 13:53
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Operor EGO vultus amo EGO tutela?

.............or; do not waste your time reverse translating literals. It never works!!!! CRAP (Content read and punctuated) is now consigned to the sewer of life, the universe and everything. The above supercedes. All rules are relaxed for this outing other than the one which does not allow for personal insult, on pain of my deleting the thread!!!! Deviation, however, is still encouraged given that the previous subject has received at least a few responses. Do not bother typing out the title as it will become a pain in the reticule. Put whatever you like....Hhhmmm!!!! So..........your potential Best in Show hamster has been devoured by next doors scratty moggy. You are unmarried as is your rather attractive female neighbour (male for the ladies of course.............those are the rules. Where would you be without rules? France.........Where would you be with too many rules? Germany.....sh*t, sorry, its that funny chocolate I bought cheap from a Bolivian lorry driver!). You know that punitive measures must be taken to assuage your loss but you do not wish to queer your pitch in the bedroom olympics stakes with your neighbour. Discuss.......................
Forum post attachment
Terry Carey 11 January 2012 15:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
CRAP2

The first thing to do would be to invite the neighbour over to assist in the mourning for the hamster.   She must be informed of course that the preferred dress - for her - must include black stocking, suspender belt, short black skirt, crisp white blouse, (bra optional) choker necklace and white frilly cap. If this sounds like the traditional French Maid outfit from films just where do you think I got the idea?  A tiny coffin having been prepared then a minuscule grave must be ready and after a suitable eulogy the carcase summarily tipped into said hole. The skill factor must be high to ensure that said lady is then invited into your house and the lady inveigled into staying until such time as your appetite for consummation of physical and spiritual (ie chocolate) needs are thoroughly sated. To then get rid of her claim that a large German lorry driver bearing a large sausage is looming large upon the horizon and he may take exception to her mode of dress.  That should get her to beat a hasty retreat and you can then lie back and reflect upon  a very satisfactory conclusion to the day. The only discussion needed is whether or not to answer this. Sorry - forgot about the scratty moggy. While you are suitably engaged with the neighbour get a small boy to make off with same to a distant field, tie a rocket to its tail, ignite said firework and report back later as to how high it got. TC. Last edited by Terry Carey
Mike Pass 17 January 2012 18:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhhmmmm!!!!!

Not so much imagination on the site as I gave credit for, Terry!!! The scumbag mechanics of the site will not let me in to give my greetings to Patricia so I will do it here.... Many happy returns, Patricia. Everyone on this site understands the strain that you are under on a daily basis and respecs your restraint!!! Have a good one. Love, Val and Mike.
Terry Carey 17 January 2012 20:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
What???????

Mike, Patricia says many thanks to you and Val and I believe thatothers are having problems getting onto the correct thread. Seems a bit of a bind at times on here with that kind of thing happening in a seemingly random fashion. .....oooOOOooo..... Maybe the title of this thread is a bit daunting. It could be that people think they are expected to reply in Latin. TC.
Mike Pass 17 January 2012 21:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Arrrrggghhhh!!!!

Well, they are....of course!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps they will feel easier if I tell them what it means.......................Do I look like I care.......... Couldnt resist it have watched the level of garbage that kicked up on the site last year. I needed to expunge the build up of crap! That done we can all move forward until the next village idiot raises his/her head above the parapet..............innit?!
John (Scouse) Hirons 17 January 2012 22:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey Mike, Maybe the title of this thread is a bit daunting.  It could be that people think they are expected to reply in Latin.   TC. Alright Terry, Puteus lucrum obvius ut meus posteri , EGO reputo vos could exsisto in ut quispiam illic.
Roly01 18 January 2012 02:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Well, they are....of course!!!!!!!!!!   Perhaps they will feel easier if I tell them what it means.......................'Do I look like I care'.......... Couldn't resist it have watched the level of garbage that kicked up on the site last year. I needed to expunge the build up of crap! That done we can all move forward until the next village idiot raises his/her head above the parapet..............innit?! You called? Still trying to work out wot you two old codgers are talking about? Did understand the bit of the story with the French maid, but then you spoilt the story by introducting a fat German with a sausage.!!!!! Why????? And what relevance has a cat to do with the story???? Now to lay down and dream of the French maid.........
Mike Pass 18 January 2012 09:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Ribbit!

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Terry, Puteus lucrum obvius ut meus posteri , EGO reputo vos could exsisto in ut quispiam illic. You will be requiring the services of a professional woofta then!
Forum post attachment
Terry Carey 18 January 2012 14:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Operor etc

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Terry, Puteus lucrum obvius ut meus posteri , EGO reputo vos could exsisto in ut quispiam illic. Dont you bloody well start as well. TC. Walks away thinking Theres nowt wrong wi good owd fashioned English.
Mike Pass 24 January 2012 15:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Ahem, innit!

Margaret, I have just had a quick squint at your post count........just to keep myself grounded, you understand.... What do you think Admin will give you when you reach 20,000??? Free life membership, perhaps. Or maybe a voucher for a state funeral with full honours? You never know.
Terry Carey 24 January 2012 15:31
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Oh crikey

Due to the stimulus provided by your last post Mike Ive just checked my post count. I had given up bothering ages ago but I am surprised to see that it doesnt seem to have grown much since the last time I looked - whenever that was. Im sure Admin are syphoning off some of mine and distributing them to others. Considering the length of time Ive been on here Id have thought there should have been more. In fact I reckon that there must have been a cock-up a while back and I lost a few thousand. Hey ho! What does it matter? Am I bothered? Nah! TC.
Margaret 24 January 2012 16:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
operor EGO vultus amo EGO tutela?

Quoting: Mike Pass Margaret, I have just had a quick squint at your post count........just to keep myself grounded, you understand.... What do you think Admin will give you when you reach 20,000??? Free life membership, perhaps. Or maybe a voucher for a state funeral with full honours? You never know. Hi Mike,i havent looked at my post count for yonks,is it almost 20,000? now i am wondering after reading TCs posgt if i am being credited with some of his? but of course it could be a true count meaning i am a chatter box!!! i know i used to be... Maybe Admin will create their first "big gob gong"
Margaret 24 January 2012 16:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
operor EGO vultus amo EGO tutela?

oh yes i just looked... mmmmm it is rather a lot isnt it?
Murray Whyte 24 January 2012 19:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass You will be requiring the services of a professional woofta then! Are you referring to the TOWIE that was in the Jungle?
Forum post attachment
John (Scouse) Hirons 24 January 2012 20:54
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey Due to the stimulus provided by your last post Mike I've just checked my post count.  I had given up bothering ages ago but I am surprised to see that it doesn't seem to have grown much since the last time I looked - whenever that was. I'm sure Admin are syphoning off some of mine and distributing them to others.   Considering the length of time I've been on here I'd have thought there should have been more.  In fact I reckon that there must have been a cock-up a while back and I lost a few thousand. Hey ho!  What does it matter? Am I bothered?  Nah! TC. Alright Terry, I reckon thats unfair giving your posts in Arabic numerals....here it is in a form you understand from your military days = _VMDXLVII, always here to help.
Terry Carey 25 January 2012 17:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Operor etc

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Terry, I reckon that's unfair giving your posts in Arabic numerals....here it is in a form you understand from your military days = _VMDXLVII, always here to help. Nah - youve got that mixed up with my birthday!!! TC. (BC of course)
Terry Carey 26 January 2012 14:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Operor etc

Who among us watched the National Television Awards last night? I was pleased to see that the waste of time called Eastenders did not win the best soap this time around. Why it ever does is beyond me but as usual they got some awards - notably for Best Newcomer. How do they do it? Coronation Street walked away with top soap but I reckon Emmerdale had a good shot although it never gets the votes. What got me, and this will I think gladden Mikes heart, was the way in which Bruce Forsyth finally lost my respect. He was absolutely pathetic. He forgot where he was up to, waffled, played around with the mikes and generally behaved like a man who has totally lost the plot. I hope that the producers of SCD were watching and have the courage to sack him. TV legend or not its time for him to bow out as gracefully as he can. TC.
Mike Pass 26 January 2012 15:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Tilt!

I watched said offering. The usual vote rigging for the comedians award amused me (even though the comedian Mckintyre never will!). They had a few years session with the cretin Gervais a while back and they seem to be doing the same with this idiot. Any one calling himself a comic because his main catch is....squealing like a stuck pig, needs a part in the stage version of Deliverance! I only watched this farago because the TV controller in our abode wanted to watch it and there were no proper programmes on. To be honest, Terry, I was not aware that the living dead was going to be part of it. That said I was more interested in listening to Ant and Decs vocals to see if my belief in their eventually rising as a contender to the Morcambe and Wise crown was still ongoing. There was something there, to be fair. I do not approve of awards for doing your job and never will until there is an awards ceremony for plumbers, shopkeepers, sheet metal workers and paper boys etc! Is that ever going to happen??? No, of course it isnt. It is well past time that these idiots woke up to the real world and simply got on with what they are being grossly overpaid to do. I was pleased, however, to see that munster from Dragons Den totally trashed by a co ck up on the technical front which shot the images of the nominated shows through at a rate of knots. The woman looks ridiculous enough as it is but this time it was above and beyond. Just wish the whole show had gone through at the same speed. Terry, I knew you would get the message............eventually. I do not slag off anyone just for my personal amusement. I do it because of their pointlessness and if anyone is pointless it is that clown. Sorry, no offence to genuine clowns!
Mike Pass 11 March 2012 16:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Well I would like to say Well done England but until the team learns that giving away penalties is not a mandatory part of the game, I will hold my tongue. They were damned lucky to finish with a two point win.
Mike Pass 04 May 2012 12:32
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

And to all Star Wars fans....................... May the 4th be with you!
Forum post attachment
Cave Adsum 04 May 2012 12:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass And to all Star Wars fans....................... May the 4th be with you! Star Wars? Blakes 7 has the best baddie! Servelan (aka Jaqueline Pearce) beats old plastic head easily.
Forum post attachment
Forum post attachment
Terry Carey 05 May 2012 18:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Operor etc

Must admit I am a Star Wars fan but whoever thought that Jar Jar Binks was a good idea ought to be marooned on a galaxy far, far away and many light years in the past. Like many other serials the first one was the best. Once you have got used to the premise the cracks start to show - especially by the fourth, fifth and sixth episodes. Rocky, Rambo and Terminator prove my point and I read the other day that Sly is about to make a final Rambo film. Eugh!!! TC.
Mike Pass 05 May 2012 20:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

I would not say that Star Wars had too many episodes but I do not think the idea of prequelling three epidsodes was not a good one. Presumably it occurred following the realisation that Ep. 4 (A New Hope/the first released for non fans) was as big as it turned out to be and again, presumably where Ep 5 and 6 were virtually in the can, someone panicked at possible missed revenue and came up with Ep 1, 2 and 3. Personally, I would have been happier if those latter films had maintained a connection with the originals but not in adopting a storyline which predated the earlier releases. I enjoyed them for the effects and humour, I have to say. JJ Binks was farcical, I agree and would not have been missed by his absence. His given dialogue came close to causing embarrassment. However, the whole series of films was billed retrospectively as a space cowboy release and for that, I suppose, many things can be overlooked.
Mike Pass 05 May 2012 20:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhmmm!!!!

Colin, Your message the other day about enjoying the chocolate seemed a little incongruous at the time. Now I understand it!!! Many thanks for sending that over to me. If I get a minute I will post an image of the instructions on the outer. I shall eat it as a Bank Holiday treat....
Nobby 05 May 2012 21:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The instructions are hilarious I thought, and that you would get the joke. That bar is one of a series, all cleverly written!
Mike Pass 05 May 2012 21:53
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhhmmm!!!!

Just had a look through your front windows on Google maps, by the way!!!!
Nobby 05 May 2012 22:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Yeah, I know. Incredible that we can do that really!
Mike Pass 07 May 2012 19:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

As promised..................... It was very pleasant, I must say. A well travelled confectionery it has to be said!!!!
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 07 May 2012 19:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Whilst I am faffing about, here are five shots of my our MkII feeding station with a couple of of our more amusing visitors, 1. Goldfinch indecision!
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 07 May 2012 19:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmm!!!

2. Lets start here and work round then....
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 07 May 2012 19:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmm!!!

3. Look at my nuts!!!!
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 07 May 2012 19:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmm!!!!

4. I cant even spell s h a r e so do one.......
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 07 May 2012 19:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

5. Time for dessert and then Im off, innit. Please excuse the slight sheen as I did not have the window open ready (as I usually do) so these were through glass.
Forum post attachment
Roly01 07 May 2012 23:29
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good series Mike
Terry Carey 08 May 2012 16:07
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Operor etc

Getting back to the point about film series, according to what I read some while ago, George Lucas wrote nine stories, all connected and from which the original Star Wars film was selected for filming, based on number 4. He later said that if hed had the money he would have started with what is now number 1. Another interesting sidelight is that on a chat show the late Sir Alec Guinness told of how he had been offered a part which he at first did not wish to take. He said that he felt that Science Fiction was not really for him but when Lucas offered him 2% of the gross he began to consider it. When he was offered a further half percent he accepted thinking that he might coin in about £10,000. When the film was released and became such a hit he rang Lucas who pre-empted him by saying, Oh yes. I know what youre ringing about. Its that extra quarter percent. He then said in view of the fact that he was becoming extremely rich he simply let it go as he was getting millions instead of a few thousand and he had then enough money not to worry ever again about finance. TC.
Mike Pass 22 May 2012 19:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Thank you sirrah! Just been playing on Google Maps and received a nasty, though I suppose, not unexpected, shock. I zoomed into RAF Cosford and..........the bloody parade square has been turned into a car park. I feel totally betrayed!!!
Cave Adsum 24 May 2012 16:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Thank you sirrah! Just been playing on Google Maps and received a nasty, though I suppose, not unexpected, shock. I zoomed into RAF Cosford and..........the bloody parade square has been turned into a car park. I feel totally betrayed!!! You should see what they have done to the old Detention Block!
Mike Pass 24 May 2012 17:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhmmm!!!!

This is what happens when you allow civilians near the job!!!!!
Mike Pass 10 June 2012 17:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

A few shots of Warwick for you...well, 20 as it goes, I was always poor at choosing entrants!!! Please let me run them through before any comment. Ta. In no realistic order: Last edited by Mike Pass
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 10 June 2012 17:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

2. At the lists.
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 10 June 2012 17:37
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

3. And again!
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 10 June 2012 17:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

4. Ar!
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 10 June 2012 17:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

5. Long beaked budgie!
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 10 June 2012 17:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

6. Same budgie, chillin
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 10 June 2012 17:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

7. Different budgie, possible Grey Canary.........!
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 10 June 2012 17:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

8. Worlds biggest Trebuchet. This thing launched a 16kilo brick over 200 hundred yards!
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 10 June 2012 17:48
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!

9. Couldnt resist bonking Damsel Flies!
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 10 June 2012 17:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by