The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / email

email

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Mo 20 December 2011 17:52 1097 views Link  
Mo 20 December 2011 17:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
email

how can i get my email address over to amember of F/R without being blocked out when i try to offer it up in messages to friends.:thumb:
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Jock 20 December 2011 18:31
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
ku.co.tensf.silgniatxonnel Last edited by Len Inglis
Spud 20 December 2011 18:39
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Write is as normal but for the squiggly thing with the a in the middle write it as at. That seems to be what the FR filter picks up.
Veni, Vermini, Vomui 20 December 2011 21:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Security

FR is not happy with email addresses in posts...they fear (probably with some justification) that as anyone can read the forums, including visitors (i e non paying lurkers) there could be abuse. Probably the best way is to PM the individuals you feel should have your addy. And of course you can always go to a persons profile and use the "email me" link. I think many members forget that while they believe they can trust members because of their service ties, not all are trustworthy, and not all readers have our interests at heart.
Spud 21 December 2011 03:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Carl Graffham FR is not happy with email addresses in posts...they fear (probably with some justification) that as anyone can read the forums, including visitors (i e non paying lurkers) there could be abuse. Probably the best way is to PM the individuals you feel should have your addy. And of course you can always go to a persons profile and use the "email me" link. I think many members forget that while they believe they can trust members because of their service ties, not all are trustworthy, and not all readers have our interests at heart. Forgot to mention via PM and not in a post Carl.
Mike Pass 21 December 2011 07:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhmmm!!!!

Carl is damned right! Anyone can access these forums without being a member of any kind. They may not be able to make posts but why would they need to?! There are complacencies that appear here most days due to members feeling too secure in a familiar environment. Admin have never claimed that the site is impenetrable and to get even close to that state would cause your membership fees to rise dramatically.
Murray Whyte 21 December 2011 09:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: maurice robinson how can i get my email address over  to amember of F/R without being blocked out when i try to offer it up in messages to friends. The FR filter picks up on (@) (without the brackets) and at if contained in what appears to be an email address, therefore deletes any phrase that it is contained within. If you want to pass on your email via a Private Message then try some of the suggestions above. Examples: youremail(@)yourserviceprovider.what - remove the brackets from my email address youremail @ yourserviceprovider.what - close the gaps in my email address youremail at yourserviceprovider.what - close the spaces and replace the at