{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Evangelism??  Murray?

Evangelism??  Murray?

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Geordie 17 December 2011 16:50 2573 views Link  
Geordie 17 December 2011 16:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Evangelism??  Murray?

Without wishing to give anyone an apoplectic shock! I would like to address the following in which Murray said: Quote: My family were very staunch Christians and attended services weekly until August 1978. This is when my brother died age 28.  At the time he was studying to become a priest.  I asked the question of many a man of the cloth, â?Twhy take someone that was studying to preach the word of god?â?T  To date I have had no reasonably answer : Unquote. Iâ?Tm sorry to hear that Murray and itâ?Ts quite sad because grieving, especially for a child is a heart-wrenching thing, possibly soul destroying. Our children arenâ?Tt supposed to die before us, are they? There are no rules about death are there? Perhaps only one which is that we all die at some stage. Some through illness, some through accidents, others because of varying reasons. Itâ?Ts not really about what we do for God either, itâ?Ts about what God has done (and finished) for us. Godâ?Ts only begotten Son died when he was about 33 years of age, quite young donâ?Tt you think? He didnâ?Tt die from sickness or an accident, he was tortured, arrested for crimes he never committed and died most brutally on the awful Roman Cross! Before He died He made a promise though; everyone who believes in him, even though they die (physically) shall not die spiritually but enter into the glories of heaven with God and Christ Himself forever. That is a wonderful hope so whatever age we are when we leave this mortal coil, if we are prepared to meet our maker and have that hope, then we should be prepared for that event whenever it happens. Without it, what is the point of life or indeed death? My sincere best wishes to you and your family, God bless have a peaceful and joyful Christmas. Last edited by Jean Law-Millie
Forum post attachment
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
K.A .The Robin 17 December 2011 17:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The best remedy for those who are afraid,lonely or unhappy is to go outside. Somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. These words were written by Anne Frank.
Geordie 17 December 2011 19:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Keith Baron The best remedy for those who are afraid,lonely or unhappy is to go outside. Somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. These words were written by Anne Frank. Pretty words Keith but erm not convincing.
Nobby 17 December 2011 19:39
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Jean Law-Millie [I]Without wishing to give anyone an apoplectic shock! That is a wonderful hope so whatever age we are when we leave this mortal coil, if we are prepared to meet our maker and have that hope, then we should be prepared for that event whenever it happens. Without it, what is the point of life or indeed death? ] Jean, I accept thats what you believe, but youre still talking total, unadulterated bolleaux! Im not in apoplectic shock either.
..... 17 December 2011 20:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colin Hall Jean,  I accept that's what you believe, but you're still talking total, unadulterated bolleaux! I'm not in apoplectic shock either. Colin. Do you speak to your wife and female members of your family like that ?
Nobby 17 December 2011 20:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
No. Do you?
Ally Bell 17 December 2011 20:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: john daly Colin. Do you speak to your wife and female members of your family like that ? talking sh-ite comes to mind jd.....
Forum post attachment
..... 17 December 2011 20:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colin Hall No. Do you? No. and i dont to the females on here either.
..... 17 December 2011 20:53
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Ally Bell talking sh-ite comes to mind  jd..... If so Ally then i am in good company.
Forum post attachment
Ally Bell 17 December 2011 21:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: john daly If so Ally then i am in good company. steady that incoming kite jd. flak port side oppo....
Forum post attachment
Nobby 17 December 2011 21:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Dont fret JD. I long ago came to the realisation that not everything, or everyone, in natures grand plan was there for a purpose.
Sit Vis Nobiscum. 17 December 2011 21:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
its only a matter of complete chance that any of us are here at all. In my view, be it right or wrong, a deity is a myth. Unless someone can convince me otherwise, and that will take some doing Last edited by Colin Davies
Cave Adsum 19 December 2011 11:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colin Hall Don't fret JD. I long ago came to the realisation that not everything, or everyone, in nature's grand plan was there for a purpose. Not even as a poor example Colin? We all have beliefs of some sort. Some of us believe in a loving God who was so filled with love for His creation that He sent His Son as a sacrifice for us all (John 3:16) Others believe in Allah, Buddha, the devil or nothing at all. Who are we as mere mortals to mock anyones belief?