{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Prancing in Ice

Prancing in Ice

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Mike Pass 13 December 2011 09:23 14294 views Link  
Mike Pass 13 December 2011 09:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Prancing in Ice

As I cannot get into my original thread for DOI I have had to start a new one.... Here is the rumoured line up for the next DOI. I am not surprised to say that I have never heard of seven of them. However, the rest could be quite amusing. Note, I say it is a rumoured line up............... Brookside star Jennifer Ellison Coronation Street actor Andy Whyment Eastenders actress Laila Morse Emmerdale star Matthew Wolfenden Hollyoaks actress Jorgie Porter Sugababes star Heidi Range TV funnyman Keith Chegwin Blue Peter star Andy Akinwolere Ex-Spurs goalie Ian Walker Fitness queen Rosemary Conley Jude Law's ex Sadie Frost Skiing champion Chemmy Alcott 90's pop heart throb Chesney Hawkes
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Vicky 13 December 2011 11:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
prancing on ice

The only ones that I have heard of Mike are Rosemary Conley, Sadie Frost,Keith Chegwin and Ian Walker. Doesnt sound like a very exciting bunch.
Raymond Hall 13 December 2011 11:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
CF171

morning vicky hope ian gets the safe and sound before the tide turns and more bad weather comes in its no fun when your fit and warm but when you are not feeling so good and its cold.its not so good,I myself would get more than a little grumpy,give him a large tot of rum and tuck up in bed for the rest of the day never fails with me. regards ray and shirl
Mike Pass 13 December 2011 12:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Vicky, you may care to direct Raymond to CF!!!! Well, given that Laila Morse is Big Mo from Crapenders we should be in for a comedy show at least. I have trouble understanding the need for all these TV Company employees (sorry, there is no such thing as a Soap Star as they generally are not pukka actors.) to be included in these celeb competitions. There have to be other fields to harvest, surely??!!!
Vicky 13 December 2011 12:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
prancing on ice

Ray I will move your post to cf171.
Vicky 13 December 2011 12:15
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Vicky, you may care to direct Raymond to CF!!!! Well, given that Laila Morse is 'Big Mo' from Crapenders we should be in for a comedy show at least. I have trouble understanding the need for all these TV Company employees (sorry, there is no such thing as a 'Soap Star' as they generally are not pukka actors.) to be included in these 'celeb' competitions. There have to be other fields to harvest, surely??!!! Consider it done Mike.
Terry Carey 13 December 2011 12:24
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Prancing on Ice

Mike, I think you really mean Prancing on Ice dont you? Surely they arent going to encase the celebs in frozen water. There are only four names I am familiar with but I may know some of the faces when they loom up. TC.
Mike Pass 13 December 2011 12:48
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Quoting: Terry Carey Mike, I think you really mean Prancing on Ice don't you?   No.
Syd Jones 13 December 2011 17:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Well Arh kid, the only one Ive ever heard of is Rosemary Conley. Of course Ive led a very sheltered life... Cheers, Syd.
Mike Pass 13 December 2011 18:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Well, thats your own fault for moving, ay it, maert??!!!
Terry Carey 13 December 2011 19:39
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
POI

Quoting: Mike Pass No. Oh! TC.
Mike Pass 3 January 2012 10:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!

So this is the official line up then. Five, that I have heard of.....FIVE!!!!! This year's contestants are as follows: Charlene Tilton (Dallas star) Corey Feldman (Hollywood actor) Heidi Range (Sugababe) Chesney Hawkes (singer) Laila Morse (EastEnders actress) Rosemary Conley (fitness guru) Sam Nixon (children's TV presenter) Jennifer Ellison (actress) Andy Akinwolere (TV presenter) Matthew Wolfenden (Emmerdale actor) Jorgie Porter (Hollyoaks actor) Sébastien Foucan (founder of freerunning) Chemmy Alcott (skier) Mark Rhodes (children TV presenter) Andy Whyment (Coronation Street actor) To add insult to injury. The deviant freak Louis Spence is on the panel. If you thought Jason was camp this scumbag will have you throwing stuff at the box!!! Fortunately the other two judges are skaters.....whoa, novelty. What's the betting that they manage to slip some pointless non singing singer in to make up four before the weekend. Thank your Gods that Buffoon Bunton has gone! A lot of folk are not keen on Christine Bleakley. Well I am happy to give her a chance as, although Holly was pleasing on the eye, I have become quite bored with her. Note: Laila Morse in a skating costume is not for the faint hearted....trust me! Last edited by Mike Pass
Vicky 3 January 2012 12:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Prancing on ice

The new series starts on 8th January and the new judges are Louie Spence and Katerina Witt. She is at least qualified to judge being an ex skater.
Margaret 3 January 2012 15:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Prancing in Ice

Looking forward to the new series... Just one question though! Laila Morse? as him in "one foot in the grave" would say "i dont bloody believe it"
Mike Pass 3 January 2012 15:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!

Well, sorry, Margaret but perhaps ITV think we have been having it too easy for a while!!??
Mike Pass 3 January 2012 15:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Make sure you are sitting down before opening this att.!!!!!!!
Forum post attachment
Murray Whyte 3 January 2012 21:29
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett The new series starts on 8th January and the new judges are Louie Spence and Katerina Witt. She is at least qualified to judge being an ex skater. I think Katrina is qualified enough, however, she could be there just for eye candy.
Terry Carey 4 January 2012 13:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
POI

Quoting: Murray Whyte I think Katrina is qualified enough, however, she could be there just for eye candy. Isnt Laila Morse there for that? By the way if I keep making typing mistakes its cos I need to go to the opticians. TC.
Syd Jones 4 January 2012 18:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I heard that Brucie was hoping to be presenter... Cheers, Syd.
Mike Pass 4 January 2012 18:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
hhmmm!!!!

That scumbag should be competing. One fall should hopefully see him off!
Napper 4 January 2012 19:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Tut tut everyone is having a go at the show before it even gets on the box l just love love reading these comments theres more snide remarks than even jason could make from some of you lot
Mike Pass 4 January 2012 20:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

You need to try keeping up mate!
Mike Pass 5 January 2012 07:31
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

So, Chesney Hawkes has retired injured, already! One of the five names that I actually knew...............And guess what total simpleton they are replacing him with?????????? Bloody Chico. Why that prat did not electrocute himself in Cowells garden (or it may have been one of the other idiot judges’ when he stood in the pool singing, I do not know but it was a grave error of judgement on the part of the God of Electromotive Force!!!!!!!!
Napper 5 January 2012 19:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
We can all read and listen to the news to see whos, in or out just we aint all got your sense of sarcasiam an by the way l aint your mate ...............
Napper 5 January 2012 19:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
We can all read and listen to the news to see whos, in or out just we aint all got your sense of sarcasiam an by the way l aint your mate ...............
Mike Pass 5 January 2012 19:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Then again, most of us can orientate our avatars, compose a post and spell sarcasm.........trust me, I am only too relieved that you are not my mate. Id leave it at two each if I were you!
Vicky 5 January 2012 19:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
prancing on ice

I do hope that this normally peaceful thread is going to stay peaceful.
Colum 5 January 2012 21:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Not much hope of that Vicky. Thats why i stay away from them. Starts off nice and gentle and then its all downhill.
Margaret 5 January 2012 22:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Prancing in ice

Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett I do hope that this normally peaceful thread is going to stay peaceful. same here Vicky love...
Spud 5 January 2012 23:00
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Ditto from the atipodes. I havent contributed to this thread as were not up to date with Pommyland but I follow the threads.
Mike Pass 6 January 2012 07:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!!

I take your feelings on board, folks but it will not be difficult to note that every few months I find myself in the position of having to deal with yet another (usually new member) wannabee who seems to find me a target. Now, I have no interest in what anyone thinks of me, personally. They are entitled to their opinions. I also fully accept that my views on a number of topics are often extreme. I make no apology for that and if they were to be deemed to be against the best interests of the site then, Admin would have removed me eight years ago! I am more than happy to entertain diametrically opposed views to my own. That is what genuine argument consists of, however, I will not tolerate open abuse, (no matter how minor a level it appears to start at) innuendo nor direct attack. As far as I am concerned this incident is over.
Terry Carey 6 January 2012 15:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
POI

Im only posting at the moment to see if this will re-start e-mails from FR reaching me. I do hope, however, that that well known agitator Acrimony will not spoil our fun on here. Sometimes its simply ignorance of our ethos and esprit de corps which is responsible. TC.
Mike Pass 6 January 2012 15:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Yo! Terrace. In response to your query re notification............A minute ago I received the first subscribed to thread notification that I have had in several years!!!! The problem is that I am not, to my knowledge, subscribed to any threads and the message I received is meaningless to me. I shall have to work through the forums to see if I can find it.
Terry Carey 6 January 2012 15:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
POI

Greetings Oh Bearded One. Do you not tick the box to be notified of replies or is your memory so brilliant that you can recall all the threads on which you post? If so, Youre a better man than I am Gunga Din. TC.
John (Scouse) Hirons 6 January 2012 15:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass I take your feelings on board, folks but it will not be difficult to note that every few months I find myself in the position of having to deal with yet another (usually new member) wannabee who seems to find me a target. Now, I have no interest in what anyone thinks of me, personally. They are entitled to their opinions. I also fully accept that my views on a number of topics are often extreme. I make no apology for that and if they were to be deemed to be against the best interests of the site then, Admin would have removed me eight years ago! I am more than happy to entertain diametrically opposed views to my own. That is what genuine argument consists of, however, I will not tolerate open abuse, (no matter how minor a level it appears to start at) innuendo nor direct attack. As far as I am concerned this incident is over. Alright Mike, I know the feeling, believe me I do.
Mike Pass 6 January 2012 16:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Terry, I do not really post on many threads and consequently, yes I can remember them. Apart from which I do not really bother (as a rule) continuing a topic once I lose interest. This occurs very quickly when the odd V.I. weighs in.....
Vicky 8 January 2012 21:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Prancing on Ice

So we have had the first show,if the skating is anything to go by then Mark should go tonight as he was hopeless. I liked Jorgie,Chemmy and Charlene, all have potential. It was nice to have judges that knew what they were talking about and that gave good feedback. I have not seen Louie Spence before although I have heard of him and in my opinion he was lots better than Jason was in previous series. I hope Laila improves before next week for her own safety as she didnt look very safe on the ice tonight.
Mike Pass 9 January 2012 07:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmmn!!!!

Yes, Vicky.....I stand corrected on Louis Spence! Just so long as he remains as restrained (for him anyway) as last night. His crits were valid, though I do could do without hearing the word 'choreography' in every sentence! His marking was considered and fair in his given context, as was that of the skating judges also. I like Katarina Witt but I suppose that would be a given considering my penchant for modern day Germans! Mark was a joke and I fear that the vote rigging has kicked in from the off. Hopefully I am wrong, we shall see. I do have one viable issue though. I personally feel that the contenders for the DOI crown should all start on a level playing field...............either no one has ever been on the ice or EVERYONE has! It was very apparent that a couple of unknown ladies were more than novices during the VT. I would like to see Andy Whyment progress. I like his unassuming attitude and his amazement at how well he has come along so far. I hope that Laila is in and out asap. We have seen enough of this nonesense with Anne Waddlecombe, Russell Deviant and Del Monte on SCD. I, for one, can do without it here. Last edited by Mike Pass
Vicky 9 January 2012 08:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
prancing on ice

I have just looked at the results from last night not having watched the results show and I have to say I am suprised at Andy A going. Mark should have been the one to go but then these things never follow form do they?
The Scottish Tornado 9 January 2012 10:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett I have just looked at the results from last night not having watched the results show and I have to say I am suprised at Andy A going. Mark should have been the one to go but then these things never follow form do they? Same here Vicky I liked Andy and was surprised with the results.
Vicky 9 January 2012 10:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: June Clubb (nee LONG) Same here Vicky I liked Andy and was surprised with the results. I suppose it all depends on who the voting public like. I dont vote.
Terry Carey 9 January 2012 15:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
POI

No surprises that there was a surprise in the results. Or was there a surprise at all? TC.
Vicky 16 January 2012 08:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
prancing on ice

I am not surprised that Laila was voted off. Now she can get her shoulder sorted out, she was never going to make much progress. Chico surprised me but I wish he would talk less!! Next week when they are all skating will be interesting to see how they all measure up against each other.
Mike Pass 16 January 2012 09:29
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

There is no way that Corey should be appearing next week. If it had not been for Laila (who should never have been in the line up from the beginning) he would be gone. Can you believe that he took on a bodyguard to protect him from the females, in and around DOI???!!! Why bother; I doubt any of them are remotely interested in the cretin! As for him deciding the routines, that obviously fell apart when he realised how bad he was compared to the others. So he was working on two films whilst supposedly finding time to practice. Simple answer to that. Get out of my country you U.S. scumbag and shove your excuses. There is no reason as to why he should survive past next week. Louis Spence is gradually starting to go OTT. However, at the moment his crits are on the mark, as are his marks. So, fair play to the deviant.
Vicky 22 January 2012 21:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Prancing on ice

Cory should be the one to be voted off tonight. He spent far too much time on the stage and he couldnt even get that bit right. His skating is non existant and he looked really baffled by his low marks. Jorgy was superb. I love her attitude and her skating is really good. I didnt think I was going to like Louie but he is growing on me as is Christine who has done well taking over from Holly.
Pamela Forbes 22 January 2012 21:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Totally agree, Vicky. I also hope that Corey is voted off tonight. Apart from the fact that he is completely useless on the ice, he has far too high an opinion of himself and would someone PLEASE take a pair of scissors to that stupid piece of hair! I loved the way that Philip extracted the Michael but I dont think that Corey was amused.
Mike Pass 23 January 2012 07:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Anybody still believe that the voting is not rigged????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anne Widdecome, Russell Grant, Del Monte, Corey Moron. DOI is catching up in the screwing over stakes! Corey Moron has one of those punchable faces and an attitude that encourages it. I could understand the skate off or at least, I could if he had already gone. What a carve up................ I agree that Jorgy or however she spells it, is good but she was apparently an experienced skater before this. Matthew is my preference over her. Great attitude and improving skills.
Vicky 23 January 2012 08:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Prancing on ice

Yes Mike i am sure the voting is rigged otherwise Cory would be off. I am sure that most of the voting public have never even heard of him. He is a prat with an overinflated ego. The stage performance should be cut out, they are supposed to be Dancing on ICE not a stage.
Terry Carey 23 January 2012 15:28
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett .The stage performance should be cut out, they are supposed to be Dancing on ICE not a stage. [/I] That would be the Hollywood bit Vicky. Waste of time I reckon. Coreys ego is amazing. Hes practically a non-entity in Hollywood having only done small parts in films apart from things like the Goonies when he was a child actor. He doesnt seem to be able to move with fluency even when hes walking on normal floors let alone the ice. TC.
Mike Pass 24 January 2012 15:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Errr, yeah, this could be interesting: Next Sunday. Quote: This Sunday, our celebrities wont be skating alone. Named The Duel, our tense twelve will be paired together based on their places on Sundays latest Leaderboard. They were then told by rink masters Torvill and Dean of their fate. "Youll be sharing the ice, and sharing the music," explained the rink royalty, "skating against a fellow couple". After all six pairs have skated, six of our celebrities will gain immunity from the public vote - whilst the remaining six will face their fate as decided by you! The two celebrities with the lowest votes will once again take on the dreaded skate-off, with judges Katarina, Robin and Louie deciding wholl be hanging their skates up for good. As of Sundays Leaderboard, the pairs will be Matthew Wolfenden and Jorgie Porter, Andy Whyment and Rosemary Conley, Heidi Range and Charlene Tilton, Jennifer Ellison and Sébastian Foucan, Chico and Sam Nixon and Corey Feldman and Chemmey Alcott. So make sure you dont miss it, The Duel is going to be one gem of a show. Unquote.