{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Jeremy Clarkson

Jeremy Clarkson

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Ed Willson 1 December 2011 13:58 5171 views Link  
Ed Willson 1 December 2011 13:58
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Jeremy Clarkson

BBC. Please do not sack him. If you do we would have lost quite a character. I dont always agree with what he says but at least he gets my brain working and he speaks the Queens English. So if the BBC do sack him could they also sack the presenters who cant string two words together in an intelligible manner. That would save the BBC a great deal of money. To continue with the moan, would the BBC also stop the music, it is very intrusive in many of their productions. Probably the producers are quite young these days and are of a generation who cant live without a loud noise in their ears.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Who Does Guard The Guardians?? 1 December 2011 14:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting Ed Wilson, BBC. Please do not sack him. If you do we would have lost quite a character. I don't always agree with what he says but at least he gets my brain working and he speaks the Queens English. So if the BBC do sack him could they also sack the presenters who can't string two words together in an intelligible manner. That would save the BBC a great deal of money. To continue with the moan, would the BBC also stop the music, it is very intrusive in many of their productions. Probably the producers are quite young these days and are of a generation who can't live without a loud noise in their ears. ......................... Hi Ed, I couldnt give a kippers d*ck about Clarkson,but Im with you all the way on the remainder of your post
Mike Pass 1 December 2011 14:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhmmm!!!!!

Have to admit that I like Clarkson, for the most part as he is not afraid to attack morons!
Steve Greenwood 1 December 2011 14:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Clarkson has made his living and reputation by being loud mouthed,obnoxious and self opinionated. He is always good entertainment and isnt afraid to court controversy. This latest rant only highlights what many people think and anyway, he has to fill in time till the next series of Top Gear comes back, dosnt he?
Woody 1 December 2011 14:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
He also forgets, that up to now, these people are amongst the ones that buy his dvds and books
Terry Carey 1 December 2011 15:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Jeremy Clarkson

As Steve says he is loud-mouthed, obnoxious and self opinionated and those are his good points. I dont like him or his programme but there is much too much false - shock-horror in peoples reactions these days about something and nothing. His comments would not have raised an eyebrow in days gone by save for a few maiden aunts. He is like anyone else entitled to his opinion and ought to be allowed to voice it. If his contract or agreement with the BBC forbade such comments then he should be censured by them. For the unions to consider taking him to court would be the actions of petty minded people but then, that seems to be their level. All that needs to be done if someone doesnt like it is to ignore the remarks. It will be forgotten tomorrow if that is done. TC. Stands back awaiting flak from certain quarters.
Marie Drew 1 December 2011 15:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I entirely agree with comments made by both Steve and TC. Clarkson is well known his abrasive, offensive and contoversial comments. He usually says them in an off hand or joking manner and they should be taken as such, just silly stupid remarks. For the Unison Union to take this person seriously and demand his sacking from the BBC and possible legal action is bordering on the ludicrous, the only reason could be more publicity for the unions cause.
Mike Pass 1 December 2011 15:54
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmm!!!!

Look, I have to say, as someone who knows..........Unison is just a little bit weird, anyway!
John Raymond 1 December 2011 16:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hang on a minute Mr P,my better half is a Unison member and............ well, OK, maybe just a little bit weird, otherwise she wouldnt be with me. Seriously, she didnt strike yesterday, and worked from 6pm until 7am this morning, 13 hours. Its a system here called "out of hours NHS" where patients are visited and treated at night, in their own homes. There was no over-reaction to Clarksons rant, except that she pointed out that she pays her licence so the BBC can pay him enough to spend more on a lunch than she earns in a week!
Margaret 1 December 2011 16:24
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Jeremy Clarkson

He is a Prat....whatever he says Just my humble opinion....cant stand that man....
Steve Greenwood 1 December 2011 16:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
BREAKING NEWS ! Clarkson has just apologised for his comments. Well, thats all right then!!
Ros Comain. 1 December 2011 16:59
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Margaret Turner He is a Prat....whatever he says Just my humble opinion....can't stand that man.... , Could not agree more Margaret, however, we are once again seeing the brainwashed political correct Zealots within our society, ably abetted by the BBC, and the Guardianists, that will be hell bent on on trying to destroy him, we have seen this many times before. These are nasty and vindictive people, whose hidden agenda is to curtail free speech, apart from their own, even more than it is already. My gut feeling is that it will be paramount on all the BBC air waves over the next few days. The fact the world is in Financial meltdown is irrelevant to these people.
Syd Jones 1 December 2011 17:31
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Margaret Turner He is a Prat....whatever he says Just my humble opinion....can't stand that man.... Well of course he is Margaret! But Id rather hear his language than the obscenities of so-called comedians...any day. Cheers, Syd.
Nobby 1 December 2011 18:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Michael Potter , Could not agree more Margaret, however, we are once again seeing the brainwashed political correct Zealots within our society, ably abetted by the BBC, and the Guardianist's, that will be hell bent on on trying to destroy him, we have seen this many times before.   These  are nasty and vindictive people, whose hidden agenda is to curtail free speech, apart from their own, even more than it is already.   My gut feeling is that it will be paramount on all the BBC air waves  over the next few days.   The fact the world is in Financial meltdown is irrelevant to these people. Well said Michael! Ive just seen the clip for the first time on my Breakfast News, and from the deadpan expression its was just Clarkson being his usual self, and controversial to the end. Perhaps his greatest crime is that hes not particularly PC when all of his critics are, and they dont like anyone who isnt!
John (Scouse) Hirons 1 December 2011 18:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Clarkson is Clarkson, hes a right wing reachionary to the Nth degree & will always offend someone thats why I like him. If you didnt have a Clarkson you would have to invent one.
Roly01 1 December 2011 20:16
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Margaret Turner He is a Prat....whatever he says Just my humble opinion....can't stand that man.... And I thought you had taste Margaret. (Now have lost any brownie points I had accumalated)
Wrcn 1 December 2011 20:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Jeremy Clarkson

We never miss Top Gear, though programmes are behind what is shown in the UK. Love him or hate him, we believe Clarkson often says aloud what many are thinking. We happened to like him, warts and all. BBC shouldnt fire him. People who dislike him, his remarks or the show only need change the channel or turn off TV (radio etc). Sad world if one can be sued for voicing their opinion.
Mike Pass 2 December 2011 07:37
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhmmm!!!!

Quoting: John Raymond Hang on a minute Mr P,my better half is a Unison member and............ well, OK, maybe just a little bit weird, otherwise she wouldn't be with me. Seriously, she didn't strike yesterday, and worked from 6pm until 7am this morning, 13 hours. It's a system here called "out of hours NHS" where patients are visited and treated at night, in their own homes. There was no over-reaction to Clarkson's rant, except that she pointed out that she pays her licence  so the BBC can pay him enough to spend more on a lunch than she earns in a week! I should have elaborated on that, John. My inference was an observation on the Union hierarchy, not the members. Sorry about that. J. Clarkson 02/12/2011.
Nil 2 December 2011 09:39
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
clarkson

Quoting: DAVID REID He also forgets, that up to now, these people are amongst the ones that buy his dvd's and books Lets say I dont think he would get a job in the foreign office,THE MAN IS A RICH IDIOT AND A GOOD FRIEND OF THE PRIME MINISTER,there again it is possible he could get the job with his connections--HA ha.
John Raymond 2 December 2011 10:37
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting Mike Pass: "My inference was an observation on the Union hierarchy not the members....", yes, Mike, Ive heard the same inference from at least one of the members! Re Clarkson, she wasnt really offended by what he said, she just didnt think it was very funny. She does have a sense of humour though, living with me its mandatory!
Geordie 2 December 2011 13:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Telegraph

Did Jeremy Clarkson go too far with his comments about strikers? Yes, it was offensive 24.49% (6,664 votes) No, he was obviously joking 75.51% (20,543 votes) Total Votes: 27,207. at present.
Murray Whyte 2 December 2011 13:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
A comment from a poster called David: I wonder how many of the people baying for Clarkson to be sacked actually saw the interview. Id hazard a guess at not many. Most will have jumped on the bandwagon after hearing about it thirdhand or seeing edited clips hours after the event. And of those who did see it, I wonder how many actually understood what he was saying. He basically gave two opinions of the same subject to appease the BBCs everything must be balanced stance. The first was; how nice it was in London and what a good idea it was to go on strike. And the second was the opposite view - to create a balance! Unfortunately, most people have chosen to forget the first bit. And "legal action" ?.............................best joke in ages!
Nobby 3 December 2011 00:59
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Top Gear host once wrote a spit-frothing column saying everyone is thinking of buggering off because Britain is stuffed. "They see the stupid war on drugs and the war on drink and the war on smoking and the war on hunting and the war on fun and the war on scientists and the obsession with the climate and the price of train fares soaring past £1000 and the Guardian power-brokers getting uppity about one shot baboon and not uppity at all about all the dead soldiers in Afghanistan, and how they got rid of Blair only to find the lying twerp is now going to come back even more powerful than ever, and they think, 'I've had enough of this. I'm off.'" Whew, that was just one sentence. Come to live with us, Jezza, your blood pressure will thank you. Admittedly, Clarkson says he can't move to New Zealand because we don't take people over 40, [which is factually incorrect] but I'm sure we can find an "unless they're blindingly funny" clause in the immigration rules. And it's not as if there is anywhere else he fancies. "You can't go to France because you need to complete 17 forms in triplicate every time you want to build a greenhouse, and you can't go to Switzerland because you will be reported to your neighbours by the police and subsequently shot in the head if you don't sweep your lawn properly, and you can't go to Italy because you'll soon tire of waking up in the morning to find a horse's head in your bed because you forgot to give a man called Don a bundle of used notes for 'organising' a plumber." So you see, Jezza has done it all before, but it would seem there has been yet more erosion of the humour, if they ever had any, of the PC mind control freaks.
Spud 3 December 2011 04:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Should Unison take this to court the only sure winners will be the lawyers. As this will involve the BBC it will be QCs and not your average legal aid type. Even if Unison wins there will probably be appeals, counter appeals etc in the legal game of who runs out of money first. A few years ago down here a tv and radio so called personality described the then UN Secretary General Kofi Annan as a "cheeky darky" on air and kept his job. Another tv presenter, talking about an Indian diplomat by the name of Sheila Dickshit said her name exactly as it is spelt and got sacked. The pc brigade gave all sorts of ways that the name should have been pronounced but it turned out the the sacked presenter pronounced it correctly.
John (Scouse) Hirons 3 December 2011 14:29
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Gerard Grout Should Unison take this to court the only sure winners will be the lawyers. As this will involve the BBC it will be QCs and not your average legal aid type. Even if Unison wins there will probably be appeals, counter appeals etc in the legal game of who runs out of money first. A few years ago down here a tv and radio so called personality described the then UN Secretary General Kofi Annan as a "cheeky darky" on air and kept his job. Another tv presenter, talking about an Indian diplomat by the name of Sheila Dickshit said her name exactly as it is spelt and got sacked.  The pc brigade gave all sorts of ways that the name should have been pronounced but it turned out the the sacked presenter pronounced it correctly. Alright Gerard, I think Unison is shooting its self in the foot by pushing on what was obviously a joke. As it stands 62% of the British public (according to the polls) support the strike their reaction to Clarkson will only serve to make them look petty & may errode that support.
Mally 3 December 2011 19:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
According to those figures, Scouse, there is more of the Public supporting strike action, than members of Unison.
John (Scouse) Hirons 3 December 2011 19:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Alan (Mally) Mallinson According to those figures, Scouse, there is more of the Public supporting strike action, than members of Unison. Alright Alan, Unison was only one of the unions taking party in the day of action. What it does show is the general public understand more than the politicians give them credit for.
Who Does Guard The Guardians?? 3 December 2011 20:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting an (Mally) Mallinson According to those figures, Scouse, there is more of the Public supporting strike action, than members of Unison                          ...................... Polls are totally misleading, they give a percentage, for or against, and state that X percent of the British public are for, or against. "whatever". In truth they should state how many people were polled, and what percentage of those polled were for, or against. To claim what percentage of  the BRITISH public are for, or against, is just manipulation, untrue, wistful thinking, and in most cases pure fabrication. EG. if 100 people are polled and 62 vote for the, "whatever", it does not mean that 62% of the country agree with that "whatever." If 62% of the population voted for "whatever", then that is  62% of the British public. Polls are a manipulation of figures, merely a pointer, sound good, but are totally unreliable. Last edited by Don Knight
Terry Carey 4 December 2011 12:59
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Jeremy Clarkson

In addition to your points Don many of the polls do not ask for your opinion directly.  They have forms with set questions on lines of 'Do you agree with so-and-so? (whatever they are polling) All they do is tick a box and if there isn't a box for your opinion they tick the nearest one. Therefore the poll with give a totally false result whatever section of the public they ask.  Results will also differ if Londoners are questioned or people on the streets of Oldham or Rotherham or wherever. TC. Last edited by Terry Carey
Who Does Guard The Guardians?? 4 December 2011 16:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
TC, yow spake very fair fer a dark yeded mon.