{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Re-Birth, Rats and Sinking Ships.

Re-Birth, Rats and Sinking Ships.

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Who Does Guard The Guardians?? 30 November 2011 12:32 6211 views Link  
Who Does Guard The Guardians?? 30 November 2011 12:32
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Re-Birth, Rats and Sinking Ships.

A subject that has been put on the back-burner in the news media, due to more pressing issues. I came across this item on Politics UK website. |||||||| A former News of the World journalist has offered a jaw-dropping defence of phone-hacking, in the most dramatic and shocking moment of the Leveson inquiry so far. Former News of the World features editor Paul McMullan sparked outrage during his witness session by offering a resolutely unapologetic account of media ethics. "In 21 years of invading peoples privacy Ive never actually come across anyone whos been doing any good," he said. "Privacy is the space bad people need to do bad things in. "Privacy is for paedos. Privacy is evil, it brings out the worst qualities in people." He added: "The hacking of Milly Dowlers phone was not a bad thing for a journalist to do." In a relentless series of outrageous statements, Mr McMullan even joked that he was "proud" of writing an article which resulted in a paediatrician being beaten up "because of the padeo thing". Significantly, he also said the police had "clearly" covered-up phone-hacking in their original investigation. He then issued an attack on Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson, his former bosses at the News of the World. "Fundamentally the little men, the reporters, were screwed big time by the bosses," he said. "Sometimes I wouldnt have bought the News of the World even though I was working for it, but the British public carried on." Later, he admitted spending £15,000 to £20,000 a year on expenses, just £3,000 of which was legitimate. Mr McMullan insisted the media landscape had already changed following the death of Princess Diana and that the Press Complaints Commission (PCC) now had a bearing on newspaper behaviour. "The glory days of the 90s, when it was so much fun, before Diana died, have gone. People do take notice of the PCC," he said. ......................... The truth, or versions of it are slowly emerging, my curiosity is, if any-one will eventually be charged, or shall we have the normal whitewash, small fish fry, but the big ones get away.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Nobby 30 November 2011 12:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Well, Don, I too a bit surprised the Inquiry hasnt been a topic on these threads! Theres been some delicious irony though, when you get someone like Alistair Campbell giving evidence to the fact that the Press Complaints Commission is "owned by the news media". He worked the press like he owned it! He also confirmed what Ive always thought about British media which is that they will invent half of what they publish and will always publish bad news over good news because good news doesnt sell! He [Campbell] still cant conceal his arrogance though, stating at one stage "when we the government" meaning his non elected role as spin doctor to Tony Blair.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Syd Jones 1 December 2011 17:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colin Hall Well, Don, I too a bit surprised the Inquiry hasn't been a topic on these threads! There's been some delicious irony though, when you get someone like Alistair Campbell giving evidence to the fact that the Press Complaints Commission is "owned by the news media". He worked the press like he owned it! He also confirmed what I've always thought about British media which is that they will invent half of what they publish and will always publish bad news over good news because good news doesn't sell! He [Campbell] still can't conceal his arrogance though, stating at one stage "when we the government" meaning his non elected role as spin doctor to Tony Blair. Wasnt the description (epithet?) actually coined to describe Alistair Campbells job? Cant recall the term being in use before 97. Cheers, Syd.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
John (Scouse) Hirons 1 December 2011 18:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colin Hall Well, Don, I too a bit surprised the Inquiry hasn't been a topic on these threads! There's been some delicious irony though, when you get someone like Alistair Campbell giving evidence to the fact that the Press Complaints Commission is "owned by the news media". He worked the press like he owned it! He also confirmed what I've always thought about British media which is that they will invent half of what they publish and will always publish bad news over good news because good news doesn't sell! He [Campbell] still can't conceal his arrogance though, stating at one stage "when we the government" meaning his non elected role as spin doctor to Tony Blair. Alright Colin, At least Campbell unlike Camerons bezzy mate & ex-spin doctor Andy Coulson didnt have people hack into murdered childrens phones or is that alright with the right wing? it may be okay in NZ but its not here.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 2 December 2011 15:58
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Re-Birth, Rats and Sinking Ships

[QUOTE]Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons [I] Alright Colin, At least Campbell unlike Camerons bezzy mate & ex-spin doctor Andy Coulson didn't have people hack into murdered childrens phone's Without wishing to start an argument Scouse you cannot be sure that Campbell didnt have phone hacking done at his behest unless he told you so personally. I, for one, would not believe him if he did tell me that. TC.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Roy Sloan 2 December 2011 16:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Re-birth, Rats and Sinking Ships.

Is this a case of deja vu or what ? Same protagonists, different thread title, same rubbish, different day.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
John (Scouse) Hirons 2 December 2011 17:00
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey [I]Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons [I] Alright Colin, At least Campbell unlike Camerons bezzy mate & ex-spin doctor Andy Coulson didn't have people hack into murdered childrens phone's Without wishing to start an argument Scouse you cannot be sure that Campbell didn't have phone hacking done at his behest unless he told you so personally.   I, for one, would not believe him if he did tell me that. TC. [/I] Alright Terry, In that case me auld mate how can you be sure that Cameron didnt arrange with his mate Murdock to cover up his bezzy mate Coulsons criminal activities? that is, of cause, unless he told you personally. There is more circumstantial evidence for my ridiculas claim of Camerons involvement than yours of Campbell.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Who Does Guard The Guardians?? 2 December 2011 17:24
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting Roy Sloan, Is this a case of deja vu or what ? Same protagonists, different thread title, same rubbish, different day. ....................... Once upon a time, in a land far, far away there lived a magician who had the ability of making all things appear the same, the name of this magical place was Loony Land, things that were white were suddenly black, and things that were, suddenly werent, it is the land of supposition and imagination, in fact it is a land where anything you want, can be anything else you want, that is the beauty of a fertile imagination, anything can be twisted to mean or imply anything your heart desires, this is a wonderful world, and you are witnessing it in action. So Roy, Welcome to Loony Land, dip your bread, and join in the fun.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Roy Sloan 2 December 2011 19:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Re-Birth, Rats and Sinking Ships.

Hi Don, Like most other people, I find a lot of posts amusing and fun to read. I also find a lot of them interesting but just lately they could be compared with compo rations. More of the same. The same posters set the bait and the same posters take the bait and then guess what? It gets out of hand and turns nasty on a personal level. All it means is that thread after thread gets ruined after a few posts. If you find it entertaining, heaven help you. On here , over the last year or so, we have had some real nasty pieces of work who spouted pure vitriol. I think that a lot of posters have forgotten that the name of the site is Forces Reunited. We dont need to agree on everything or anything but there are better ways of discussing topics than personal abuse. Im lucky insomuch as I havent suffered from it . I am not however a shrinking lily who would suffer it. Have a nice weekend Don. Regards Roy.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Nobby 2 December 2011 20:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Roy Sloan Hi Don, Like most other people, I find a lot of posts amusing and fun to read. I also find a lot of them interesting but just lately they could be compared with compo rations. More of the same. The same posters set the bait and the same posters take the bait and then guess what? It gets out of hand and turns nasty on a personal level. All it means is that thread after thread gets ruined after a few posts. If you find it entertaining, heaven help you. On here , over the last year or so, we have had some real nasty pieces of work who spouted pure vitriol. I think that a lot of posters have forgotten that the name of the site is Forces Reunited. We don't need to agree on everything or anything but there are better ways of discussing topics than personal abuse. I'm lucky insomuch as I haven't suffered from it . I am not however a shrinking lily who would suffer it. Have a nice weekend Don. Regards Roy. I couldnt agree more Roy, and you are absolutely right, although you missed out the descriptive"rabid! Contrary to the more extreme views expressed , I am not now and never have been a member of any Political Party; I treat them all with equal disdain. Im also not a "Tory", which is a bit of a misnomer because there are no Tories in NZ and therefore no Tory party. The National Party in NZ, and current government, are centre right, but for sure there are none of them from Eton and there is no "public school" elitism here.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Roly01 3 December 2011 04:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colin Hall I couldn't agree more Roy, and you are absolutely right, although you missed out the descriptive"rabid'! Contrary to the more extreme views expressed , I am not now and never have been a member of any Political Party; I treat them all with equal disdain. I'm also not a "Tory", which is a bit of a misnomer because there are no Tories in NZ and therefore no Tory party. The National Party in NZ, and current government, are centre right, but for sure there are none of them from Eton and there is no "public school" elitism here. Colin,,,, Did we really want to know that or are you trying to edificate those of us who do not want to know? Not only that but you are off the topic of the thread which is about rats, sinking ships and something or other. Bye for now.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Nobby 3 December 2011 05:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Arthur(Roly) Rowsell Colin,,,, Did we really want to know that or are you trying to edificate those of us who do not want to know? Not only that but you are off the topic of the thread which is about rats, sinking ships and something or other. Bye for now. I was responding to a previous post. If you dont want to know, dont read!
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Roly01 3 December 2011 05:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colin Hall I was responding to a previous post. If you don't want to know, don't read! OK.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 4 December 2011 15:37
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Terry, In that case me auld mate how can you be sure that Cameron didn't arrange with his mate Murdock to cover up his bezzy mate Coulson's criminal activities? that is, of cause, unless he told you personally. There is more circumstantial evidence for my ridiculas claim of Camerons involvement than yours of Campbell. ...oooOOOooo... You said it Scouse and I quote:- my ridiculous claim of Camerons involvement. In any case the subject was Campbell and as I said you could not possibly know whether or not he was innocent of any such activity. To claim, therefore that he wasnt involved was an unsupportable claim. Why drag in Cameron except for the reason to as usual muddy the waters? TC
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
John (Scouse) Hirons 4 December 2011 17:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey           ...oooOOOooo... You said it Scouse and I quote:-   'my ridiculous claim of Cameron's involvement'. In any case the subject was Campbell and as I said you could not possibly know whether or not he was innocent of any such activity.  To claim, therefore that he wasn't involved was an unsupportable claim. Why drag in Cameron except for the reason to as usual muddy the waters? TC Alright Terry, Come off it me auld mate, you cast the doubt over Campbell with out any reason, I did the the same with the Cameron/Coulson/Murdock gang. As I said theres more circumstansial evidence to involve Cameron in the hacking scandal than there is for you to tie Campbell in to it. Dont forget he is a victim of Camerons ex-spindoctor/friends illegal activities or is that the reason for the poison? You cant make unfounded accusations & not expect the same in return.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 5 December 2011 15:39
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Re-birth etc

Quoting: Terry Carey [I]Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons [I] Scouse you cannot be sure that Campbell didn't have phone hacking done at his behest.   TC. [/I] Scouse - please re-read the above. TC.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
John (Scouse) Hirons 5 December 2011 16:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Alright Terry, By your senario you could not possibly know whether or not Coulson was an active member of the IRA, Al Qaeda & a major white slaving ring, unless he has told you so personally. To be honest your reasoning rings of drowning men & straws.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 5 December 2011 17:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Re-birth etc

Scouse, You made a statement about Campbell which was unsupportable. All I did was to point that out but, as usual, you have muddied the waters and made another unsupportable statement. For goodness sake for once accept that you are wrong and stop bringing in unrelated issues. Please dont bother to reply to this as I am not interested in carrying on such a pointless argument. TC.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Syd Jones 7 December 2011 21:32
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Campbell? Coulson? Whats the difference? Cheers, Syd.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
John (Scouse) Hirons 8 December 2011 00:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey Scouse, You made a statement about Campbell which was unsupportable.   All I did was to point that out but, as usual, you have muddied the waters and made another unsupportable statement. For goodness sake for once accept that you are wrong and stop bringing in unrelated issues. Please don't bother to reply to this as I am not interested in carrying on such a pointless argument. TC. Alright Terry, I think youve got it wrong me auld mate, I posted; Alright Colin, At least Campbell unlike Camerons bezzy mate & ex-spin doctor Andy Coulson didn't have people hack into murdered childrens phone's You responded with; Without wishing to start an argument Scouse you cannot be sure that Campbell didn't have phone hacking done at his behest unless he told you so personally. I, for one, would not believe him if he did tell me that. I think youll find it was you that muddied the waters with your slur on Campbell. The difference is Coulson is awaiting trial for his part in the phone hacking disgrace, Campbell is a victim of it. I think its time for you to admit that all Tories arent saints & that Labour arent guilty of every crime, sometimes theyre victims of it.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 8 December 2011 14:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Re-birth etc

Scouse, This is getting silly. Let me make my point another way. It is the only point I am concerned with in this instance. Do you know with an absolute certainty that Alastair Campbell has never had anything to do with phone hacking in any way, even if only indirectly and irrespective of who the victim/s is/are? Please answer with a simple Yes or No. I await your reply with interest. TC.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
John (Scouse) Hirons 8 December 2011 21:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey Scouse, This is getting silly.  Let me make my point another way.  It is the only point I am concerned with in this instance. Do you know with an absolute certainty that Alastair Campbell has never had anything to do with phone hacking in any way, even if only indirectly and irrespective of who the victim/s is/are? Please answer with a simple 'Yes' or 'No'.   I await your reply with interest. TC. Alright Terry, Lets put your question on its head; what proof do you have that Campbell was associated with any phone hacking, whereas the Police have enough proof of Coulsons involvement to charge him with it. Youre assuming guilt by a single unsubstantiated accusation.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 9 December 2011 20:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Re-birth

Scouse, That is even sillier than your last post. You know damn well I have never accused Campbell of phone hacking but asked you three times to justify your assertion that he has never been associated with it. Since you will not, or cannot do that, I can only assume that you have some reason why you will not give a straight answer to a straight question. Your tactics in argument or discussion are always to change things around to attempt to make it seem that your antogonist is in the wrong. This is the clearest example you have ever given. It is a classic Communist ploy to besmirch the opposition by any and all means possible. You claim not to be a Communist but you certainly sing from their hymn sheet. In addition you are once again bringing in someone to whom I have not referred in this discussion and who has no bearing on the argument. Give it up Scouse. You are well beaten and you know it. What is more every one else who reads these posts knows it as well. This is the last time I will discuss this matter with you so any future reply will go unanswered - not because you have won but because of the sheer futility of getting a sensible answer or any answer from you. TC.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Nobby 10 December 2011 00:24
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Terry Carey [I]Scouse, That is even sillier than  your last post.  You know damn well I have never accused Campbell of phone hacking but asked you three times to justify your assertion that he has never been associated with it. Since you will not, or cannot do that, I can only assume that you have some reason why you will not give a straight answer to a straight question. Your tactics in argument or discussion are always to change things around to attempt to make it seem that your antagonist is in the wrong.  This is the clearest example you have ever given. It is a classic Communist ploy to besmirch the opposition by any and all means possible.  You claim not to be a Communist but you certainly sing from their hymn sheet. In addition you are once again bringing in someone to whom I have not referred in this discussion and who has no bearing on the argument. Give it up Scouse.  You are well beaten and you know it.  What is more every one else who reads these posts knows it as well. This is the last time I will discuss this matter with you so any future reply will go unanswered - not because you have won but because of the sheer futility of getting a sensible answer or any answer from you. ------------------End of Quote I fully agree with your comments Terry. Well, I've thought long and hard about whether I really need to be here at all, given the puerile arguments advanced by some people, and  the level of ignorance displayed by others who should really get into the habit of reading all that's happened in a thread before effectively taking sides. What you get here in place of rational discussion  is  misrepresentation of an opposing viewpoint,achieved by twisting his/her words or by means of [false] assumptions. All quite deliberate. The opposing view is replaced with superficial hyperbole  without ever having actually refuted the original position or  by presenting an over-simplified version of the opponent's original statement. Again, quite deliberate. Then you get the "joyriders" who take no part in a discussion but inject criticism at a personal level when they clearly haven't read all of the posts, or didn't understand them. I have been personally abused , and when that didn't work, comments, albeit utterly ignorant and ill-informed were directed at the country I live in, yet when I made an in-context response, one of the side-line commenter's decided I was delivering a "low blow". Another, who clearly hadn't read anything, suggested we leave poor Scouse alone! As I said at the beginning, I have thought long and hard as to whether I need to be here! I've got Scouse on ignore, so I can't read his nonsensical socialistic claptrap and yes, I appreciate that's an opinion but it is mine, and I don't really care if anyone disagrees because that's my mindset at present. I'm going to give myself the weekend to consider whether I breally need all the bolleaux that goes on here from time to time. Last edited by Colin Hall
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
John (Scouse) Hirons 10 December 2011 00:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Alright Terry, I will answer your post in detail, You say;   "That is even sillier than your last post.  You know damn well I have never accused Campbell of phone hacking but asked you three times to justify your assertion that he has never been associated with it." My reply; As I don't move in Campbells circles I obviously have not been assured by him that he had nothing to do with the phone' hacking disgrace.   I must assume that you are in the 'incrowd' with Coulson as you are most probably the only man in the UK who doesn't know that the police have enough evidence to charge him with it. That , by the way, is evidence not inuendo. You said;   "Since you will not, or cannot do that, I can only assume that you have some reason why you will not give a straight answer to a straight question." My reply; Let's be honest the whole premise of your alledged question is to shirk off the disgaceful actions of a close friend of the PM by constantly demanding an answer in a rather purile attempt to pass on the disgrace to a victim of those illegal acts by setting the ludicrous senario that someone can only be innocent if he tells everyone in the UK individually. You say;   "Your tactics in argument or discussion are always to change things around to attempt to make it seem that your antogonist is in the wrong.  This is the clearest example you have ever given." My reply; Erm if putting my case forward & in this case, by showing the planned unfairness of the attempted throwing of the blame on the victim, by reversing the question & asking you the same question you asked me but with different names is wrong, could you tell me how are we supposed to debate! me agreeing to every crack pot suggestion aimed at proving the Tories are whiter than white & Labour are the biggest criminals of all times is not a debate it's a Tory conference. You say;   "Your tactics in argument or discussion are always to change things around to attempt to make it seem that your antogonist is in the wrong.  This is the clearest example you have ever given." My reply; I'm sorry me auld mate but if you're wrong & I will show it. You seem to think that if I ask the same question as you only with the name changed then I'm changing things 'round, it's called you being 'Hoist with your own petard'. You say;   "It is a classic Communist ploy to besmirch the opposition by any and all means possible.  You claim not to be a Communist but you certainly sing from their hymn sheet." My reply; For a start there's no need to recourse to personal insult, I am as much a communist as you are a fascist. What I'm doing is called debating what do you call what you are doing? You say;   "In addition you are once again bringing in someone to whom I have not referred in this discussion and who has no bearing on the argument." I say; I don't know who you're talking about! If you mean my mention of Cameron, let me explain a couple of things to you;   1 - As a close friend of & after hiring Coulson after he was warned not to Cameron is an intrinsic part of this sorry & disgusting affair it's only natural that he should at some stage be brought in.   2 - I'm afraid you have no veto on who should be fairly raised in debate. If you find the truth about the Cameron/Coulson association uncomfortable & not fitting in with your plans you should have thought out your debating points a bit better. You say;   "Give it up Scouse.  You are well beaten and you know it.  What is more every one else who reads these posts knows it as well." My reply; I think the opposite has been proved, You have moaned about me;   using your own questions on you   &   You setting rediculous parameters for questions of guilt.   &    by you falling back on personal insult You have proved my point better than I could. You say;   "This is the last time I will discuss this matter with you so any future reply will go unanswered - not because you have won but because of the sheer futility of getting a sensible answer or any answer from you." I say; Would you like a white flag with that? Don't worry there's no shame in being out debated especially if the point you're defending is totally indefencable. Last edited by John (scouse) Hirons
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Matthew Barrigan 10 December 2011 01:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Terry you are in a hole stop digging, as Campbell, scumbag that he is been arrested or charged with phone hacking NO, who was Camerons best mate...... Coulston
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
John (Scouse) Hirons 10 December 2011 03:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Sorry E in E
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
John (Scouse) Hirons 10 December 2011 03:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Matthew barrigan Terry you are in a hole stop digging, as Campbell, scumbag that he is been arrested or charged with phone hacking NO, who was Camerons best mate...... Coulston Alright Matthew, I normally hold a great respect & friendship for TC. Unfortunately he, like a lot of the Tories that post on FR work on the principle that if theyre losing a debate they then attack their main protagonist, for proof of this just look at TCs & Colins last posts they have nothing to do with the subject matter & everthing with attacking everyone that disagrees with them. I mean to say what thinking man can ask the asinine question; "Scouse you cannot be sure that Campbell didn't have phone hacking done at his behest unless he told you so personally." & follow it with the statement; I, for one, would not believe him if he did tell me that. They then keep on asking the same, shall we call it, question over & over again even after its been answered but not in the way they want. Its the Tory way, throw stones & then cry "it werent me Mistah".
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 10 December 2011 16:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Re-birth etc

Quoting: Matthew barrigan Terry you are in a hole stop digging, as Campbell, scumbag that he is been arrested or charged with phone hacking NO, who was Camerons best mate...... Coulston Mathew, Please keep out of this until you know what you are talking about. You have obviously either not read the relevant posts in this argument or not understood them. It is plain that you have swallowed Scouses obfuscations. Once again Scouse has done that of which I have often accused him. Colin has supported my viewpoint and argument because he does know what he is talking about and is intelligent enough to understand the ramifications of the opposing posts. In fact Scouses last post contains the response for which I have been searching so long. It may be that he is unaware that he has done so and I will therefore point it out to him. I shall answer him separately so if you want to know to what I am referring read my next post to him. TC.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 10 December 2011 17:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Scouse, That is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen posted on FR even for you. In fact you have, seemingly unwittingly, partially answered the question for which I have been awaiting a response. Its the first paragraph of your reply in case you are interested. Once again I must make the point that I have never mentioned Cameron or Coulson nor been interested in them or their doings in this exchange of posts asking you for a reply to a particular question. For you to mention them again is therefore as pointless as ever although in keeping with your propensity for bringing in irrelevancies. Thats it for me. There is nowhere else to go now so whatever you post on this issue I shall ignore it. That is not surrendering but simply being pragmatic. In fact, in view of your responses in this thread I shall consider carefully whether or not to post on future threads in which you are taking part. This is not a light-hearted decision. I am quite sad to have got to this stage but I feel it is an onerous and futile quest to get straightforward answers from you and is one for which I no longer have time. I shall confine myself to those threads which are more lighthearted and those to my taste rather than involving myself in threads which eventually simply go round in circles because of deliberate circumvention and reversal of the true state of the argument. TC.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Matthew Barrigan 11 December 2011 01:16
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey Mathew, Please keep out of this until you know what you are talking about.   You have obviously either not read the relevant posts in this argument or not understood them. It is plain that you have swallowed Scouse's obfuscations.   Once again Scouse has done that of which I have often accused him.  Colin has supported my viewpoint and argument because he does know what he is talking about and is intelligent enough to understand the ramifications of the opposing posts. In fact Scouse's last post contains the response for which I have been searching so long.  It may be that he is unaware that he has done so and I will therefore point it out to him. I shall answer him separately so if you want to know to what I am referring read my next   TC.   Sorry sir mr carey sir, sez i doffng my cap, did`nt know you were the boss or kapo of FR ,i shall ask your permision next time i wish to post something. Last edited by Murray Whyte
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 11 December 2011 14:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Re-birth etc

Mathew, Once again you are showing your lack of comprehension. I asked you to do something. I did not order you. If you wish to post then post away and I will support your right to do so as you see fit. I have no powers of administration nor do I want them. In my working life I had enough of those to satisfy most people of being in charge and with the power to hire and fire. That is all now in the past. TC.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 11 December 2011 14:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons   I mean to say what thinking man can ask the asinine question;  "Scouse you cannot be sure that Campbell didn't have phone hacking done at his behest unless he told you so personally." & follow it with the statement; I, for one, would not believe him if he did tell me that. Scouse, Please tell me how you can turn a statement - like the one I made and which you quote above - into a question. Since it is not a question it cannot therefore be an asinine question. In view of Campbells many actions I think the second statement, again quoted above, is a reasonable one. For some reason you chose to see my first statement in the wrong way. Had you correctly interpreted it we may not have had the recent spate of accusations from you. I note that as usual you portray yourself as the victim, as you often do, and justify your attacks as defending yourself. It will not wash for ever and I suspect many people already are aware of your tactics. I do not wish to enter into another bout of responding to idiotic and random distorted accusations about the former spin doctor to Tony Blair, Tony Blair, Cameron or Coulson either so I am therefore unsubscribing from this thread. That is not a surrender but a practical solution to something which would otherwise rumble on for an unspecified period of time. TC.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
John (Scouse) Hirons 11 December 2011 18:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey Scouse, Please tell me how you can turn a statement - like the one I made and which you quote above - into a question.   Since it is not a question it cannot therefore be an asinine question.   In view of Campbell's many actions I think the second statement, again quoted above, is a reasonable one.   For some reason you chose to see my first statement in the wrong way.  Had you correctly interpreted it we may not have had the recent spate of accusations from you.   I note that as usual you portray yourself as the victim, as you often do, and justify your attacks as defending yourself.   It will not wash for ever and I suspect many people already are aware of your tactics. I do not wish to enter into another bout of responding to idiotic and random distorted accusations about the former spin doctor to Tony Blair, Tony Blair, Cameron or Coulson either so I am therefore unsubscribing from this thread. That is not a surrender but a practical solution to something which would otherwise rumble on for an unspecified period of time. TC. Alright Terry, If it makes you feel better to think that, then please be my guest I try to please.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Terry Carey 12 December 2011 20:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Re-birth etc

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Terry, If it makes you feel better to think that, then please be my guest I try to please. Scouse, The words Spots, change, dont, Leopards and their come to mind. If it makes you happy to think youre fooling people with that line be my guest. Im not fussed either way. TC.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete