{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Cyber Family 171

Cyber Family 171

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Margaret 13 November 2011 19:19 41220 views Link  
Margaret 13 November 2011 19:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Cyber Family 171

Here we are family...i have moved us to somewhere warm and homely.....we are in each others company,with a log fire and drinks on tap,cosy bedrooms and plenty of home cooking.... long walks and good company is all that matters,where are we? with each other thats where....
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Vicky 13 November 2011 19:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf171

Thank goodness for the log fire Margaret, just what is needed along with a good drink. The Military wives choir is on Monday nights not tuesday as I said this morning and is well worth watching.
Colum 13 November 2011 19:29
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hello Margaret et all. It doesnt matter where we are as long as we are together. Love a nice log fire with all the smells of christmas coming from the kitchen. Those were the days. I think everyone was a wee bit down Margaret I certainly was. It was a great festival last night and parade this morning. Young people seem to be taking much more interest in all the goings on. I am baby sitting all week while Andrea is in dublin and Norman is working. Lisa will take over from me at 6pm daily. All for now take care Colum.
Margaret 13 November 2011 19:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 171

Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett Thank goodness for the log fire Margaret, just what is needed along with a good drink. The Military wives choir is on Monday nights not tuesday as I said this morning and is well worth watching. hi vicky love,i watched them perform last night.they were good,i was very moved by the story of the marines widows story last night... i just need the company of my favourite people love,dont care where it is so long as its warm and cosy...lets have a long drink or three?
Vicky 13 November 2011 19:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf171

The choir was really good last night and I have watched Gareth Malone before, he is inspritional in what he does. I am going to see who has been voted off strictly and later on I will be watching Im a Celebrity.
Colum 13 November 2011 19:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Gareth Malone has a certain charisma Vicky which brings out the best in people. He did wonders with a boys choir a few months back. The Choir last night was brilliant considering they werent too long together. I have the heating on - its baltic here at the moment. Lisa has just brot me dinner - roast beef and all the trimmings. Harry / Catch you all later.
Margaret 13 November 2011 20:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 171

Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett The choir was really good last night and I have watched Gareth Malone before, he is inspritional in what he does. I am going to see who has been voted off strictly and later on I will be watching I'm a Celebrity. Thats just what i am going to do....
Margaret 13 November 2011 20:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 171

Quoting: Colum Doherty Gareth Malone has a certain charisma Vicky which brings out the best in people. He did wonders with a boys choir a few months back. The Choir last night was brilliant considering they werent too long together. I have the heating on - its baltic here at the moment. Lisa has just brot me dinner - roast beef and all the trimmings. Harry / Catch you all later. Hi Colum... enjoy your dinner love,i will be back later when i feel less of a misery....
Roly01 13 November 2011 20:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hey Missery! Nice place you have got here. Think I may put another log on the fire to stop the chill. Anyone for a drink? Good morning everyone and will not tell you about the weather. Lets leave it outside in the sun. Not long awake and been through the facebook side of things. Some sad news about a couple of friends who have been in a car crash in Victoria. Not good news and children left alone again. Monday morning and I have to make an appointment with the vet today. I have run out of my tablets over the weekend and need more prescriptions. Problem is that the Vet, Susan, decided to have a baby and has left the practice and now I have to choose another person who I am comfortable with. I wonder who will want to take on a old bugga like me? They are all female Doctors at this practice. Old Tom reckons that they are the best, but he got them in and has retired himself. Tonight I have a parents committee for the Naval Reserve Cadets. Not been to a meeting of them for the last three months as I have been moving around a bit. I wonder what job they will line up for me? I said hullo to Big Ron this morning Colum! He seems a likeable chap! Pleasant to me Chickens are squawking loudly. Must have more eggs. Will have to venture out in a few moments into the hot sun and tend to their needs. It is 0650am now. Bye for now before I get the frying pan thrown at me
Forum post attachment
Colum 13 November 2011 21:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hello Roly m8 - yes big sod ron is ok in small doses. We are great mates really but as you say he would have murdered me long ago if this was not the case. Thats Remembrance weekend over for another year. The young folk of the nation seem to be taking more interest these days. All our practice doctors are ladies and they are so good. Can ask them anything and they are great. Good night and god bless you all.
Hugh Removed 13 November 2011 21:48
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Not fair Vicky that Sky taking over formula one, and the way things are going I could be changing over to free view. I like both Button and Hamilton along with Vettle Webber and Alonso its been great watching them race. Even towards the rear there as been some good racing going on. The only driver I cannot stand is Massa. Tomorrow morning off to hit that little white ball with a little luck I wont lose any. Its not the easiest course for a beginner like myself its quite hilly so the ball lands quite often out of sight and if its off the fareway not much chance of finding it. Hello Roly quite enjoy reading your post. Whats wrong with female doctors they treat you better than most male doctors. Some one like you they must love you to bits
Roly01 13 November 2011 22:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hugh Nowt wrong with female Doctors and I have have had some really great ones, but also a couple of ladies that I would not give my time to. I have had 5 regular Doctors during my lifetime, that I consider friends. I do not want to start making the effort to go through my history again. I want someone that knows me, my habits, and what I will put up with. I do not want to become a ball which is thrown around a practice. Just the way I am. Enjoy the murder of the little white ball Hugh and enjoy the holiday when you do get around to it. The Doctor I am seeing today could be my Grandaughter and she is a pretty young thing. Just not the sort that I want poking around this mountain of blubber. I have no choice if I want to get my tablets this week.
The Scottish Tornado 13 November 2011 23:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hello folks I have just lost a massive post and am I will post tomorrow as I am spitting teeth Good night family and I will catch you in the morning Love to you all June
Colum 14 November 2011 07:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good morning all - just checking in from a cold cold ballymena. Take care and have a great day. Catch you all later.
Vicky 14 November 2011 09:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf171

Good morning everyone, a dull but dry and warm day so far. Have you gone back to bed Colum or is it today that you are going Christmas shopping? Roly good luck with the new doctor. It is very unsettling getting used to a new doctor. There are 14 doctors in our practice and I always try to see the same one as she has got to know me and I like her. Most of our Doctors are male. Hope the chooks had laid you some lovely eggs. Ian didnt get to go sailing yesterday as he got one of his ropes fouled up going off the mooring and spent the rest of the day waiting for the tide to turn so he could get free. I never said a word when he told me!!!! Have a nice day everyone and take care.
Harry Nixon 14 November 2011 09:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
CF 171

Morning everyone another dull damp one Everyone have the best of the day.
Colum 14 November 2011 09:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good morning all from a cold but sunny Ballymena. Was going shopping Vicky but gave it a miss - Andrea wants to go with me and make sure i get the right stuff haha. Saw Ians predicament on face book it looks complicated. I hope he has sorted it out by now. Is he still coast watching. We only have 2 docs in the practice Roly and 1 locum on a wednesday, I never book to see gthe locum as he doesnt know me and its someone different every time. My 2 ladies are very nice and take great care of me. Losing posts June - not good. Perseverence is the name of the game. Will await the next post. Enjoy the golf Hugh - from the sounds of it the snow will be upon us soon. Little yellow balls will be called for. No sign of Margaret and Mike and Pamela. Defaulters parade will be quite long.
Roly01 14 November 2011 10:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Evening all. Just back from the Cadet meeting and a good one it was. New secretary, new president and I am just the liason between the RSL and the Naval Association. Invite to the passing out parade on the 4th December, where we get fed and the cadets hopefully do a good show. May even get a invite to the cadets Xmas luncheon when the instructors and the Officers have to serve the luncheon. Saw the Vet/Doctor this morning and she praised me for the blood pressure and my general health etc. Sorted out the prescriptions for the pharmacy and I was out in ten minutes. Trouble is, it was Sheila who used to be my doctor and she is normally out at the other surgery out at Longreach which is a long way from here. Anyway, it was good to see her again and she remembered my foibles. So all in all a good day. Now gone 2038 and I have a cuppa tea in front of me and a report to write before I go to sleep and forget to write what I remember. I will say Goodnight and you all have a great day. See yer!
Jacky Kelly 14 November 2011 11:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
CYBER FAMILY 171

Good Morning To You Margaret. Wendy. Teresa. Vicky. Sheila. Patricia .Adele. Eve. Julie. Pat. Rita. Theresa. Tracy. Sheila(j).Sue Kate. June Pamela Christine. Mike. Harry. Colum.Roly Byron. Murray. Arthur. Ian ,Charlie. Eddie. Trevor. Pete. John Scouse,Hirons. Ron. Ray. Donald. Gordon. Graham. Phillip. David. Fred. Gus. Carl. (rev)John. Bob. Mick. Alan. Tony. Emlyn. Owen..Mathew. James.. Kevin. Andrew. Steve.Frank.Hugh.Gerard.Doug Kingo Maurice And All The Rest Of The Family Have A Nice Monday
Forum post attachment
Hugh Removed 14 November 2011 14:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good afternoon all its rather over cast here but not that cold or damp. Enjoyed a round of Golf with John who I quite often join up with now. Very nice chap a few years older than me, gives me alot of tips. Just need now to sort out my pitching and then my hanhicap will fall. Hi June you will have to start doing what Patricia does type your post else where and then copy and paste, or do several short post. Losing a long post is not much fun. Colum dont start wishing that white stuff upon us that would put a stop to my golf. Even a yellow ball not much use if its buried.
Margaret 14 November 2011 15:16
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 171

good afternoon family from a dreary but dry bury... Had a busy morning ,we had the boiler serviced this morning and am happy to report it is as good as new and performing excellent!!! so bring on the ice and snow We were going to go and look at some new carpeting to day,but have changed our mind,Phil was a bit wishy washy at lunch time so we will go tomorrow, Morning /afternoon Harry love I hope you are feeling better now,and had a nice visit with pauline and Kevin yesterday... Is kevin spitting feathers over the naming of ST. James Park? i can imagine he isnt too happy about it,i wouldnt be, i dont care whether its the modern way or not,its not on,all that history and even roads and streets around it are called St James.... take care and keep well Colum love i dont blame you for putting off the christmas shopping,i have a feeling i will be putting it off till the middle of December.... But Andrea has the right idea,you need supervising.... We are lucky in our doctors practise,we have a great doc and we always get to see him,he is very involved in his patients, Hi Vicky love, I know you didnt say anything to Ian about his day "sailing" but i bet your face said it all...... Neil texted me yesterday,Amelia is getting better but he felt rotten so it will be weekend before we see them... Roly love, you have so many things going on i dont know how you keep up with it all.... Good news from the doc for once,thats a relief keep up the good work love.... Hugh love, glad you are keeping up with your golf,lets hope we dont get the snow and ice like last year,but i suppose you could always take up tobogganing..... Hi June love, losing big posts again? i will have to show you how to save it as you type,will so when you are here....i might need some expert advice on getting these new curtains to hang right,bloody pinch pleats they look scruffy to me,i must be so old fashioned,why cant they leave well alone? you will be busy getting ready for setting off to Bristol this Friday,dont wear yourself out before you get there.... Hi Patricia,sorry i missed you call on Friday,i was up to my eyeballs stood on a chair hanging "or trying to" curtains,and trying to eat my tea at the same time....will talk soon... i hope you are ok and have your garage roof back in place,must have been a wild wind love,scary....
Colum 14 November 2011 18:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good evening all - baby sitting shift finished. Very cold indeed and wouldnt be surprised to see lots of frost soon. Bring it on and lots of snow as well to keep Ben happy. I hate shopping for things - as yousay Margaret i ned supervising - just bring me munney. Front room is like asdas with all the presents andrea has stored. Good reports from the doc Roly - doesnt mean you hae to be an angel. Glad to hear Amelia is much better - seems to take adults longer to get over a cold than a child. June do rest up for Bristol for a few days. No sign of Pamela I hope she is ok. Hadnt heard about the garage roof Patricia - must have missed it. A good clear view of all the stars haha. Harry did anyone ever say why the name of the stadium was changed. Some real axxrse holes about the place. Years of history down the plug and i suppose the fans didnt get to hear about it till it was done. All for now take care Colum.
Pamela Forbes 14 November 2011 19:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
    I'm still here, Colum, just sitting quietly in the corner.    I'm having a bit of a rough patch at the moment so it's a struggle to be chatty but I haven't abandoned you completely.     I bet it's just my bacon butties that you're really missing.........     Now dont you go telling Harry that Ive made you those..... he has enough to be annoyed about at the moment with those silly so and sos messing about with his football stadium!! Last edited by Pamela Forbes
Forum post attachment
Colum 14 November 2011 20:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good to hear from you Pamela. Do just drop in if only to say you are keeping well. Yes - Harry would be dead jellus if he thought i was getting bacon sarnies. Not right the way they changed the name of the stadium after so many years. Do take care of yourself.
Handle Oval Balls With Care. 14 November 2011 20:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Evening all.Just noticed that I posted earlier today,on the wrong thread.You had all sneaked off to where ever you all are.
Spud 14 November 2011 20:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Bacon sarnies eh? Just finished boiled eggs and soldiers. Bacon tomorrow. HP sauce now comes in plastic bottles, dont know if I can adapt to that piece of modernism Anthea in a what to take tizz over flight to Auckland tomorrow, different for blokes, we just shove a few things in a case, or in my case my old kit bag, and off we go. Sunny day, deciding what to do before starting work at 1:30 pm. Not much else happening, have a nice day everyone.
Forum post attachment
Hugh Removed 14 November 2011 20:59
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Even with snow there is always the golf driving range to practice hitting that little white ball Margaret. Worse comes to the worse we have our own treader to exercise on, and watch TV at the same time. Playing in the snow not for me, too cold. Wednesday next week I will be away from this cold damp weather. As expect, Yvonnes eye OP date came through during our time away. Going to be delayed now till the 20th December. Nice Christmas present. Adverts on again at the moment I am watching NCIS American junk but still better than a lot of stuff on TV. Light hearted and quite funny at times. Wild Russia on at 2100 which gets to the stuff I really enjoy.
Margaret 14 November 2011 21:00
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf 171

Quoting: Mike Ayliffe Evening all.Just noticed that I posted earlier today,on the wrong thread.You had all sneaked off to where ever you all are. cough cough!!! if you had read the thread properly you would have seen where we went to ... we are where its warm and cosy and all together... Cos i need my friends around me.
Roly01 14 November 2011 21:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Pamela Forbes     I'm still here, Colum, just sitting quietly in the corner.    I'm having a bit of a rough patch at the moment so it's a struggle to be chatty but I haven't abandoned you completely.     I bet it's just my bacon butties that you're really missing.........        Now don't you go telling Harry that I've made you those.....   he has enough to be annoyed about at the moment with those silly so and so's messing about with his football stadium!!   Last edited by Pamela Forbes Morning Pamela. Sorry to hear that your not feeling that bright That phot of the bacon buttie set my saliva glands working. So had to get up to make one, but with Multi Grain Bread and Real butter and the bacon nice and crispy. Failed, bread white and stale failed, bacon was nearly all fat and the butter rancid. I went to the cupboard to get the gun and the ammunition but realised that it was only a cap gun and no caps. Woe is me! So settled for a steak and sausages with fresh farm eggs x 2 and a really hot cuppa tea. Feeling better already. Thank you for the cure. Great Grandaughter Payton Savanah.
Forum post attachment
Forum post attachment
The Scottish Tornado 14 November 2011 22:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hello Margaret I managed to order the pattern and it was emailed to me within 15 mins but it was the wrong one I thought I had made a ===== up. Karen had emailed me the wrong one and sent the other one within minutes so I got two for the price of one I will go to town tomorrow and get the wool Connor needs a haircut so will kill two birds with one stone. Going up to bed now so will post to ebveryone else once I get there. Love to you all June Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm vanilla Vodka
The Scottish Tornado 14 November 2011 22:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hi Vicky I am posting seperately as I dont want to loose them like last night Your garden looks lovely bet you will miss pottering about in it when the weather gets colder. Im trying to remember what I wrote last night my memory is getting worse I have a set of three books to read at the moment they are based on Aberdeen and are murder mystery so I am looking forward to reading them and relating to the places I know when I am on holiday. I cant seem to find time at the moment, too much on my mind.
The Scottish Tornado 14 November 2011 22:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hello Patricia you will be busy working I bet. I have the grandchildren tomorrow as they have an in service day so are off school. You better watch out or you might get everyone arriving at the same time next year Sandy and I were in Toronto when Paul was younger he was playing in the Robbie Tournament with his football team. We thought Canada was a beautiful country and we did quite a bit of sight seeing when we were there Niagra Falls wre a sight to behold and have fond memories of our visit
The Scottish Tornado 14 November 2011 22:37
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hello Harry how are you feeling now ? hope you are building yourself up as I wouldnt like to think you are neglecting to eat Connor has an interview on Wednesday so is getting a haircut tomorrow as he has let his hair grow, so Sandy told him to get a trim so he has agreed to it. Julie has been trying for weeks to get him to get it cut without success so he always heeds his Grandad ( Joking )
Roly01 14 November 2011 22:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
You will be asleep by the time you get to me.
The Scottish Tornado 14 November 2011 22:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hello Colum are you all shopped out Sandy hates Christmas shopping, he normally leaves it to mee but he will wonder what hit him this year as he will be commimg with me or he could always just give me his bank card I always joke and say he has it stapled to his hip
The Scottish Tornado 14 November 2011 22:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hi Mike I will pm you with my addy you seem to have been busy lately Hope you have not been working too hard or you would be too tired to go for your pint
The Scottish Tornado 14 November 2011 22:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hey Jack could you carry on with your daily stories you had me in stitches the other day. Hope you are still exercising your wrist and not spilling any of your medicine
The Scottish Tornado 14 November 2011 22:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hello Scouse hope you are a bit cheerier today we all get days like that and you have had a rough year so heres hoping 2012 is better for you and Sandie. Remember you are always just a click away from a friend
The Scottish Tornado 14 November 2011 22:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hello Roly you seem to be a bit fussy with your shirts. My father was CPO in the navy and would only let me iron his shirts which used to miff my Mum. I do think the services does learn you to be fussy with your ironing, You know what you got if you didnt
The Scottish Tornado 14 November 2011 22:58
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hello Hugh I see you are still doing your round of golf It gets you out in the fresh air so cant be bad at all.
The Scottish Tornado 14 November 2011 23:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hello Gerard have you been doing any more house hunting lately. I am a bit the same as your wife not a great flyer I like both feet on the ground. A guy who works with Sandy went to New Zealand a couple of years ago for a holiday and he said it reminded him of Scotland. He throughly enjoyed the pace of life there and said the people were very friendly.I think they hired a motor home and travelled about.
The Scottish Tornado 14 November 2011 23:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Flying Scotswoman

Hi Pamela sorry to hear you are not too well at the moment. Hope you pick up soon. Sandy and I are going down to Visit our son in Bristol on Friday so are leaving at about six in the morning not looking forward to that!!!!!!!!!!! Keep well my love
Colum 14 November 2011 23:37
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good night all - sleep well. Catch yous tomorrow. God bless you all.
Pamela Forbes 14 November 2011 23:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Arthur(Roly) Rowsell Morning Pamela. Sorry to hear that your not feeling that bright That phot of the bacon buttie set my saliva glands working. So had to get up to make one, but with Multi Grain Bread and Real butter and the bacon nice and crispy. Failed, bread white and stale failed, bacon was nearly all fat and the butter rancid. I went to the cupboard to get the gun and the ammunition but realised that it was only a cap gun and no caps. Woe is me! So settled for a steak and sausages with fresh farm eggs x 2 and a really hot cuppa tea. Feeling better already. Thank you for the cure. Great Grandaughter Payton Savanah. Glad to have been of assistance, Roly. The chooks are obviously doing their job and producing the necessary to go with the steak and sausages...... yum yum! (Did you remember the extra sausage for her ladyship? You know shell stop sending you licks if you cut off her sausages?!! ) That is one very beautiful little girl you have there. Whos a lucky great grampa!
Forum post attachment
Roly01 15 November 2011 00:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Pamela Forbes    That is one very beautiful little girl you have there.    Who's a lucky great grampa!   I am very blessed. Only one thing better and that is three of the Great Grandchildren buying me some refreshment of a few bottles of rum. I will have to wait a while though. Thanks Pamela. Extra sausage for Mutley and a lick
Pamela Forbes 15 November 2011 01:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Well, just to keep you going..........
Forum post attachment
Vicky 15 November 2011 08:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf171

Good morning everyone, a sunny chilly start to the day. Pamela, sorry to hear that you arent up to par just now and hope things improve soon. June I am pleased with the front garden and your Lavendar has pride of place in the front border, it is even flowering for a second time. I think of your visit every time I walk past it. Enjoy your visit to Bristol, if you have time Westonbirt Arboretum is worth a visit, the trees at this time of year will be a lovely sight. I am off to the hairdresser today for a much needed hair cut. Ian is going to give the grass a cut and then go and mess around at the boat. Margaret how is Phil today? What colour carpet are you thinking of? I must get some decorating materials soon, I want the kitchen painting before Christmas and then after Christmas the dining room needs stripping and repapering. That will stop Ian being bored in the winter!!! My little great nephew Oliver is poorly, he has ulcerated colitus all the time but now has a stomach bug so his Mum has had a bad night. He is such a lovely cheerful little boy and will bounce back but when he is ill he can be very ill. Have a nice day everyone and take care.
Vicky 15 November 2011 08:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
cf171

Roly Payton is gorgeous.
Wazza 15 November 2011 08:58
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
ahhhhh here you all are hiding in 171 already morning everyone
Roly01 15 November 2011 09:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett Roly Payton is gorgeous. . Thank you Vicki. Just over three months old and already impressing the fellas. Do not have much information on Tobias who was born around the same time. One Grandaughter sends out all sort of photos but the other, I hardly hear from her. I get her on facebook every so often ,but she tells me nothing. Life goes on though. Very lazy day today. To much computer and not enough housework. Oh well! There is always tomorrow. Now 7pm and news time By for now.