{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / The EU Referendum vote

The EU Referendum vote

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Nobby 23 October 2011 18:40 32170 views Link  
Nobby 23 October 2011 18:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The EU Referendum vote

I never ever thought that I would see the greatest parliament in the world turn its back on the electorate in the manner predicted for todays vote, where all parties have instructed their members to vote no. Who the hell do these people think they are? The majority of the UK electorate are saying loud and clear that they either want out of the EU or a review of memberships so that Britian can become what it once was, yet elected politicians are ignoring you. The only choice voters now have is to personally tell every single one of those MPs that they will not get your vote next time around. Or you could march on Parliament, which I suspect is what would happen in NZ or Australia if the elcted rabble defied the electorate in such balatant manner.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Who Does Guard The Guardians?? 23 October 2011 19:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Come, come Colin, are we to believe that you are inciting rebellion from foreign climes? Are you suggesting that the placid, lethargic, great British unwashed stir themselves? That they actually make some effort to confront the politicians, make movement, raise themselves from the state of apathy, and actually make some movement to let our elite ruling political class become aware that their indifference to our wishes will not be tolerated? If only, The politicians are only too aware that they can do whatever they wish about this countries future, of course a few of the Dailies will pass comment, and there will be a small amount of huffing and puffing, but that will soon pass. The majority of these islands population are only concerned with what affects them today, tomorrow is some others problem, nowt to do with us matey. I agree with what you have expressed, but I fear it will not happen in my lifetime. You forget, we are British yknow, we always fall for the three card trick.
Mike Pass 24 October 2011 08:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!

Vote for garbage......get garbage. Vote for any of them...get garbage. My conscience is clear! Yes, I do feel smug about it.
Who Does Guard The Guardians?? 24 October 2011 10:37
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Well today we shall witness if our illustrious political class are in tune with the majority of the population regards our preferred position in Europe, I say majority of the population, bearing in mind that, that opinion is the result of the proportion of said population who have expressed an opinion. I personally will not be holding my breath in anticipation of a vote for holding said referendum. As has been previously stated by Mike, scumbags and garbage one and all. I would ask one question of you Mike, as you have stated on many occasions, you do not vote in any national election, because, I presume, that there are never any policies that appeal, or that the quality of the prospective officials falls below your requirements and aspirations. What would it take to get you to cast a vote?? You once, recently, half offered an insight into your possibly acceptable form of government, would you care to enlighten us. This is a serious question, and could lead to a debate on possible alternative government.
Bomber 24 October 2011 11:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Come back Guy Fawkes you are sorely needed.
Mike Pass 24 October 2011 12:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Here in the Black Country we have never acknowledged the bloody EU anyway! If we did, some pillock would no doubt come along and tell us that we cannot call Grey Paes, grey paes because they are really beans! So what??!!!! All right then, Don, Ill give it a go. However, the main reason that I have not backed up my views before is because they are long and involved and can only really be put over, orally, where the listener is in a position to query when necessary. Something that causes us many problems on this site, as it goes. In truth I have voted once. That was for the Independence Party a few years back. It was foot voting, pure and simple. They did not expect to form a government and hoped, basically, to dilute the main parties stranglehold by the introduction of a number of independents over and above those that already sit. It was a vain hope as the idiot Labour party resumed command of a ship that they had already holed beneath the watermark and were practising running down the anchor chain! My view, in a calm and dispassionate delivery is that I, after massive research and indeed, soul searching can find no logical nor practical reasoning behind making a vote for any of the main two and a half parties. Where is the point?? The Labour party has been unable to qualify its stance since it dumped the working man several decades ago. This, because they are scared of missing out on lucrative deals and Party contributions from the more affluent sections of society. They come to us with great ideals and promises for the future yet, not only do they never carry them out, they were totally false in the first instance and well they knew it. The Tories?? What can you say about the biggest collection of criminals gathered in one place. The ones that are not woofers or womanisers (and the women are little better) are con artists, thieves and flim flam men. They form government for one purpose only and that is to line their own pockets. The Lib-Dems?? Dear oh dear, oh dear. Whats the point in even going there?! Then we find the lesser parties. Most of whom have high ideals, usually eco based or radical political extremes. The problem being that they have neither the financial clout, the business acumen nor the intelligence, in depth, to carry out out policies. That is how I view the current menagerie. What would I vote for?? To be honest, Don, I would not be offered a vote for what I would like to see as a replacement. My alternatives are too radical for most people to contemplate and there is the rub. One for me would be a period of Martial Law varying from six months to one year. During this time there would be a curfew for all, where practical (as in shift working, emergency services etc.). A police force that is not scared to tackle people doing worse than speeding at two mph over the limit or do not have their hands tied by petty bureaucracy. A greatly enlarged force, that is, which would, under the protection of the military, clean the streets of the scum that has marred society in this country for far too long. There is much more to this section than I can be bothered typing out now so you will have to make do with the outline. During the period of Martial Law I would want to see the formation of a New World government that is interested in, above ALL else, picking this country up and putting it where it should be...out in front! Not a government that seems only to care about the worlds reaction to the UK assistance given outside of our own borders! A second alternative for me would be a retrograde step and one that most of our soft arsed population could not handle. That is a full Monarchy. Not the tourist attraction that we have seen over the last century but a return to days of a Monarch and their advisers. Standard democrary has become an epic fail here. It is time to embrace the tenets that made Britain great.....or England as the population thought then. No offence to our neighbours intended. Again this demands far lengthier explanation than I have the time to give. There are all sorts of argument that can be applied to and against the above but those are my views. They are long considered and examined and they have been so for a long time. We will not progress with our current system of government, only continue the downward spiral.
Geordie 24 October 2011 13:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
You want total enslavement then Mike.
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 24 October 2011 13:28
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Only for the wasters, Owen, only for the wasters!!!
Geordie 24 October 2011 13:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
It would be a lock down for everyone Mike, not just the wasters.
Forum post attachment
Terry Carey 24 October 2011 13:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The EU Referendum vote

Most of the problem today is simply that the population has been so diluted by immigration that of all the people here, after the emigration of so many of the indigenous people, many are too old to bother, many are too young to vote and many are, as stated in the first reply to the openiing post, too apathetic to bother. The rest - ie immigrants and illegal residents - have no interest in the country save for what they can get out of it. The ones who are of an age where they could make a difference are largely more of the view that if the immigrants can have all these privileges then they see no reason why they should work either. Added to the mix is the fact that Governments, especially Labour, have featherbedded everyone to a disgraceful degree so few would be willing to give up what they now consider as a right. Martial Law is okay on a pro tem basis but care must be taken when embarking on such a step. We have many examples in recent years from which to learn. If the Military could be trusted to clean up and then return powers to a Civil Government then I would back such a step wholeheartedly. TC.
Mike Pass 24 October 2011 13:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

As I have said often, Owen, there are no soft fixes left. A total culture shock is needed all round. Not just for our comic MPs. I do not believe that there can be an installation of a two tier system whereby only the naughty boys and girls have their games stopped. I agree that everyone will be affected. That is the only way it can happen under Martial Law. My whole belief here is founded on the fact (IMO) that we are a long, long way past redemption under current administrations. Drastic measures are needed to return to the rails.
Mike Pass 24 October 2011 13:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmm!!!!

Quoting: Terry Carey Martial Law is okay on a pro tem basis but care must be taken when embarking on such a step.  We have many examples in recent years from which to learn.   If the Military could be trusted to clean up and then return powers to a Civil Government then I would back such a step wholeheartedly. TC. Totally agree, Terry. Who controls the Military whilst they are overseeing a return to sanity??? The problem is that at some point we have to take chances. Not the chances that are being taken with our country as it stands!
Geordie 24 October 2011 13:54
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
We wont have a country....For generations theyve planned/engineered to bring in a New World Government, army, religion. "Order out of Chaos". This country of ours will be broke up into regions.
Geordie 24 October 2011 14:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Occupy/protest/demonstrate peacefully, then send in a few rent a thugs to kick things off, and there you have it.... LOCK DOWN.
Forum post attachment
Steve Greenwood 24 October 2011 14:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Mike, you may not have long to wait! I predict that there will be civil disorder on an unprecedented scale that will make the disorder in Greece seem like a Sunday afternoon stroll. Your thesis has many flaws which you have pointed out already but would the (remains of) Military get the backing of the population? No, I havent missed the point of your arguement, its just that I dont think the Military have the guts to pull off such a coup.
Mike Pass 24 October 2011 14:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmm!!!!

It strikes me, Owen that for the purposes of postcode lottery in NHS treatment, area assistance etc. the country has been administered 'in regions' for a long time. The only residents with genuine reason to fear would be those with genuine reason to fear justice under the current system. Those who are able to behave themselves would not have the easiest ride for a while but would likely benefit when the country reaches a point whereby it is allowed to settle itself into a new form of government.   Last edited by Mike Pass
Mike Pass 24 October 2011 14:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Steve, I have little doubt that the law abiding members of the population would wholeheartedly back the military. Capitalism has seen to that. They do not want to lose that which they feel they have worked hard for (whether that be the case or not). You are totally correct in your observation of military remaining. In order for my preference to work to any kind of level the military would need to be brought to a state whereby they were correctly manned, equipped and able to deal with the ensuing issues. Our forces have never lacked for guts just competent ministerial support and the need to be defending our own country as opposed to interfering, at the behest of the U.S. in other peoples.
Geordie 24 October 2011 14:28
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass It strikes me, Owen that for the purposes of postcode lottery in NHS treatment, area assistance etc. the country in been administered 'in regions' for a long time. The only residents with genuine reason to fear would be those with genuine reason to fear justice under the current system. Those who are able to behave themselves would not have the easiest ride for a while but would likely benefit when the country reaches a point whereby it is allowed to settle itself into a new form of government.   These regions will be part of another country...JUSTICE ...ha... well get justice alright once were all rounded up. David Cameron is the reincarnation of Ted Heath, the man who betrayed Britain to Brussels The Monarchy....well I had better not comment on that one, I wouldnt want to offend anyone, so I thought....best say nowt.
Forum post attachment
Who Does Guard The Guardians?? 24 October 2011 15:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Well Mike, I did ask the question, and you know what mate, for the first time in the two years I have been a FR member, I think you are right on the money, 100%. That does not mean I have thought that you were off tune on every other subject, sometimes a slight variation in ideas or ideals. Owen, whenever a new system is introduced or discussed there will always be alternative ideas, and bogey men will be brought out to frighten the wimps, but as Mike suggests before you can gain there will be a period of pain, and I think that is worth enduring to regain our birthright. As for the military, I have more confidence in them as leaders than the shower that regard themselves as the political elite.
Mike Pass 24 October 2011 15:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Heres a thought. Owen and I am not trying to catch you out or anything like. You spend 99% of your time on site condemning (and often, rightly so) the excesses and failings of virtually every establishment organisation within the political infrastructure of the UK. Your right to do so, I accept. What I cannot recall ever having seen from you is any proposal for solution or alternative regime in any way shape or form. How can this be so??!! I have been called out to explain myself and have tried to do so. As I said earlier, I cannot do so, fully, in text but I feel that I have put over enough to satisfy a few curious folk. In turn then, I am calling you out, mate. What is your solution to the mess that we find ourselves in?? You must have one or you could not legitimately keep up the continual nay saying that you do. I am keen to hear it.
Mo 24 October 2011 16:16
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Owen Hunter[/B] [I] These regions will be part of another country...JUSTICE ...ha... we'll get justice alright once we're all rounded up. David Cameron is the reincarnation of Ted Heath, the man who betrayed Britain to Brussels The Monarchy....well I had better not comment on that one, I wouldn't want to offend anyone, so I thought....best say nowt.   [/I][/QUOTE]Well Owen your Union Flag Attachment was i think a bit way off the Mark first of all three of those who you say were guilty of treason gained there roll in polotics as a chosen profession and were elected through the ballot box by a democratic process and eventually they were displaced if you consider treason was part of their agenda then so be it, but what i find not only "Galling"but insulting to the Queen for you to include her in that agenda of treason,after all she was born to serve into the position she holds and must i say with great dignity,now i take it you are an ex serviceman ,if so didnt you put on a uniform and swear alligance to Queen and Country? even if no one else is offended you have certainly offended me,you may not have said nowt as the left hand top of your Attachment said it for you.:crazy:
Forum post attachment
Geordie 24 October 2011 16:22
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Here's a thought. Owen and I am not trying to catch you out or anything like. You spend 99% of your time on site condemning (and often, rightly so) the excesses and failings of virtually every establishment organisation within the political infrastructure of the UK. Your right to do so, I accept. What I cannot recall ever having seen from you is any proposal for solution or alternative regime in any way shape or form. How can this be so??!! I have been called out to explain myself and have tried to do so. As I said earlier, I cannot do so, fully, in text but I feel that I have put over enough to satisfy a few curious folk. In turn then, I am calling you out, mate. What is your solution to the mess that we find ourselves in?? You must have one or you could not legitimately keep up the continual nay saying that you do. I am keen to hear it. Simple...Booooooom, .... then back to basics, caveman style, survival of the fittest.....thats the answer mate. The EU has the laws of a police state Mike, and a constitution that hands absolute power to its unelected dictators, which also hands all military power to these bozos too. Like you mate, Ive only ever voted once, .... The mrs told me too when we first got married, so I did just to keep her happy, plus the thought of me being on a promise if I did what she said.......what a waste of time that was.
Forum post attachment
..... 24 October 2011 16:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Owen. Eee bonny lad thar does talk some Fu....g nonsense.
Geordie 24 October 2011 16:29
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: maurice robinson[/B] Quoting: Owen Hunter[/B] These regions will be part of another country...JUSTICE ...ha... we'll get justice alright once we're all rounded up. David Cameron is the reincarnation of Ted Heath, the man who betrayed Britain to Brussels The Monarchy....well I had better not comment on that one, I wouldn't want to offend anyone, so I thought....best say nowt.   Well Owen your Union Flag Attachment was i think a bit way off the Mark first of all three of those who you say were guilty of treason gained there roll in polotics as a chosen profession and were elected through the ballot box by a democratic process and eventually they were displaced if you consider treason was part of their agenda then so be it, but what i find not only "Galling"but insulting to the Queen for you to include her in that agenda of treason,after all she was born to serve into the position she holds and must i say with great dignity,now i take it you are an ex serviceman ,if so didnt you put on a uniform and swear alligance to Queen and Country? even if no one else is offended you have certainly offended me,you may not have said nowt as the left hand top of your Attachment said it for you. [/QUOTE] I didnt know then what I know now Maurice.
Forum post attachment
Geordie 24 October 2011 16:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: john daly Owen. Eee bonny lad thar does talk some Fu....g nonsense. Is that it ??? is that your contribution mate.
..... 24 October 2011 17:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Owen Hunter Is that it ??? is that your contribution mate. Sorry Pal but "Boooooom and back to Caveman" says it all.I cant follow that.
Geordie 24 October 2011 17:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: john daly Sorry Pal but "Boooooom and back to Caveman" says it all.I can't follow that. Not many will John, it would solve a lot of problems though. pmsl
Forum post attachment
Terry Carey 24 October 2011 18:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The EU referendum vote

Just a thought Owen. There I was wondering if you ever post without an attachment when blow me down you did in your last but one effort. Wouldnt it be nice though if you could put on a cogent argument without such things and give us your extended thoughts in words? Doesnt need to be a screed - just a few lines now and then. TC.
Mike Pass 24 October 2011 18:08
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Quoting: Owen Hunter Simple...Booooooom, .... then back to basics, caveman style, survival of the fittest.....that's the answer mate. OK. I can empathise with that. In fact I think I did once state that as a preference some time back. I tend to dismiss it now as being impractical to attain that state. Would I like it given that I am still fit enough to participate???? Yes I would!
Geordie 24 October 2011 18:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey Just a thought Owen.  There I was wondering if you ever post without an attachment when blow me down you did in your last but one effort. Wouldn't it be nice though if you could put on a cogent argument without such things and give us your extended thoughts in words? Doesn't need to be a screed - just a few lines now and then. TC. Ok Terry mate, how I put something over is up to me, but just to keep you happy.....Instead of the boom bangabang scenario, how about if I say, WE, the British people should have the right to govern ourselves. More on the lines of The British Constitution Group way of thinking......Lawful Rebellion......but as I said in an earlier post, once the planted rent a mob kicks off.......its game over.
Geordie 24 October 2011 19:00
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass OK. I can empathise with that. In fact I think I did once state that as a preference some time back. I tend to dismiss it now as being impractical to attain that state. Would I like it given that I am still fit enough to participate???? Yes I would! Martial Law, curfews, one world government, one world army and one world religion is where its all heading for Mike so you might just get what your asking for. Hope not though,....an apocalypse is needed, I want to try out my SAS survival book and wind up torch.
Spud 24 October 2011 19:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The EU Referendum

I think that all power & sovereignity should be completely handed over to Brussels. Both Houses should thenceforth be disbanded and all the 789 Lords & 650 MPs in the Commons should be shipped off to Siberia to the salt mines. Their assets seazed and a fund set up with their blood-money, to compensate soldiers* injured in wars (or their surviving families). Royalty to be completely stripped of their wealth & sent back to Germany/Greece, the Civil List stopped & their money used to pay off the UK debt - the remainder could be used to build a new infrastructure thereby, providing employment and lifting the economy. OK more money to give to the EU, but you canner win em all! The money left from this to restart a solid, competitive, manufacturing base. The rest of the remainder could be spent on renationalising the Utilities and other Services. All banks to be Nationalised and the taxpayer given a bonus from the confiscated Banksters bonuses. Amalgamation of all the Armed Forces into one force along with the civil Forces like the Police, with information sharing and co-operation. ie same uniforms, rank structures, chains of command etc etc. There you go... I havent gone into the nitty gritty - Ill let the EU do that - they have the manpower. Im off to live in a Kibbutz. * Yes, Airmen & Sailors and civilians too!
Spud 24 October 2011 20:58
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Owen Hunter Martial Law, curfews, one world government, one world army and one world religion is where it's all heading for Mike so you might just get what your asking for. Hope not though,....an apocalypse is needed, I want to try out my SAS survival book and wind up torch. Considerable areas of the UK have been under effective curfew for a long time due to the criminal elements. Law abiding citizens are justifiably too scared to go out. I would prefer a police state to criminal anarchy.
Nobby 24 October 2011 21:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey Just a thought Owen.  There I was wondering if you ever post without an attachment when blow me down you did in your last but one effort. Wouldn't it be nice though if you could put on a cogent argument without such things and give us your extended thoughts in words? Doesn't need to be a screed - just a few lines now and then. TC. Terry, you have just given me the best laugh Ive had for a while, and a great way to start the day, by suggesting that Owen is capable of either "cogent argument" or "extended thoughts". Oxymoronica at its very best!
Mac 24 October 2011 21:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Ray Harris Come back Guy Fawkes you are sorely needed. He too was a failure!!
Mo 24 October 2011 21:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
knowledge

Quoting: Owen Hunter [I]Well Owen your Union Flag Attachment was i think a bit way off the Mark first of all three of those who you say were guilty of treason gained there roll in polotics as a chosen profession and were elected through the ballot box by a democratic process and eventually they were displaced if you consider treason was part of their agenda then so be it, but what i find not only "Galling"but insulting to the Queen for you to include her in that agenda of treason,after all she was born to serve into the position she holds and must i say with great dignity,now i take it you are an ex serviceman ,if so didnt you put on a uniform and swear alligance to Queen and Country? even if no one else is offended you have certainly offended me,you may not have said nowt as the left hand top of your Attachment said it for you.  [/I] I didn't know then what I know now Maurice. [/I][/QUOTE]and what do you know now Owen? as one certain Comedian used to say (and i think you would fit that bill) "Not A lot " ,Nighty Night ,Maurice.
Geordie 24 October 2011 22:08
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Colin Hall Terry, you have just given me the best laugh I've had for a while, and a great way to start the day, by suggesting that Owen  is capable of either "cogent argument" or "extended thoughts". Oxymoronica at its very best! Well done Colin you have me on your ignore list yet you still manage to have a dig through Terrys post.....How manly of you. Youve actually surprised me, as you havent mentioned New Zealand once.
Geordie 24 October 2011 22:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: maurice robinson [I] and what do you know now Owen? [QUOTE] Obviously a lot more than you do Maurice or you wouldnt be so glib.
Mac 24 October 2011 23:54
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
EU Referendum Vote

Result Aye 111 -- No 483
Spud 25 October 2011 00:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Owen Hunter Well done Colin    you have me on your ignore list yet you still manage to have a dig through Terry's post.....How manly of you. You've actually surprised me, as you haven't mentioned New Zealand once. Owen, NZ politicians arent all that squeaky clean, just on a smaller scale than their Brit counterparts. One has just been released from prison for having immigrants working on his house in return for visas. They are not above passing retrospective legislation when cornered by the media for things like iffy accommodation expense claims. (I am stating facts and have no wish to become in any personal arguments).
Geordie 25 October 2011 00:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Gerard Grout Owen, NZ politicians arent all that squeaky clean, just on a smaller scale than their Brit counterparts.  One has just been released from prison for having immigrants working on his house in return for visas.   They are not above passing retrospective legislation when cornered by the media for things like iffy accommodation expense claims.   (I am stating facts and have no wish to become in any personal arguments). No argument there Gerard,.... Its nice to hear someone from another country say its not just the UK politicians that are bent and admitting that theyve also got them in their country too.....nice one.
Mike Pass 25 October 2011 09:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Bit selective there, marra! I seem to recall Colin giving damning indictment on certain NZ politicians on occasion. I agree, by the way. Colin has not mentioned NZ for a bit. I would like to know more about Rotorua and how the Christchurch rebuild is going........Not the appropriate thread???? When does that bother people on FR these days...........
Geordie 25 October 2011 10:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Bit selective there, marra! I seem to recall Colin giving damning indictment on certain NZ politicians on occasion. I agree, by the way. Colin has not mentioned NZ for a bit. I would like to know more about Rotorua and how the Christchurch rebuild is going........Not the appropriate thread???? When does that bother people on FR these days........... Selective !!! YES and with good reason. "Quoting Mike: I agree, by the way. Colin has not mentioned NZ for a bit". REALLY !!! lets see how long it lasts eh.
Mike Pass 25 October 2011 10:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmm!!!!

Obviously , the second part of my last paragrapgh shot straight over your head then, Owen!!!! Many posting members suffer from from that which you seem to be laying solely at Colins door. I have extreme difficulty in not slagging off the French and Bruce Forsyth whilst you continually offer negative comments on virtually everything raised! We all have issues with things that bug us or things that we feel may by of interest to others. Speaking purely for myself, I am interested to know about life in NZ. I am unlikely to ever see the place and have spent all my life in the search for new knowledge. I do not sit back like many, with my thumb up my bum and my brain in neutral. Until the day I croak I intend to learn new things.
Who Does Guard The Guardians?? 25 October 2011 10:54
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting Mike Pass, Until the day I croak I intend to learn new things. ........................... Excellent attitude, on the button again.
Geordie 25 October 2011 10:58
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Mike Pass Obviously , the second part of my last paragrapgh shot straight over your head then, Owen!!!! QUOTE] NO,.... the last paragraph was of no interest to me, there was no need to comment on it....like you said, Quote:"Not the appropriate thread????"
Spud 25 October 2011 11:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Obviously , the second part of my last paragrapgh shot straight over your head then, Owen!!!! Speaking purely for myself, I am interested to know about life in NZ. I am unlikely to ever see the place and have spent all my life in the search for new knowledge. Aw come on Mike, I got 2 spare bedrooms and itll give me motivation to have a spring clean :-)
Mike Pass 25 October 2011 11:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmm!!!

Mate, you really do 'mix 'n match' some rubbish to make your oblique posts!!!! Presumably sarcasm leaves you wanting or you would definitely have made reference to the second part of that para. 'Not the appropriate thread'.....yet another piece that I would have expected you to defend. Still, my suggestion would be.........Don't turn up for the 'battle' unarmed! ....and why hasn't someone picked up the poor spelling of paragraph in my post??? Time to check if I have six fingers on my right hand!! (Gerard, your post slipped in between Owens and mine. See below to find response to yours) Last edited by Mike Pass
Mike Pass 25 October 2011 11:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Quoting: Gerard Grout Aw come on Mike, I got 2 spare bedrooms and it'll give me motivation to have a spring clean :-) Gerard, Colin made a similar offer some years ago and believe me if we ever find ourselves with the available time and more importantly, the available air fare you could both expect a knock on the door. My main problem is that the God Botherer R. Perry of this parish has already made said quest and queered my pitch with the national chocolate manufacturer. The fact that he was kind enough to send me a sample of said Haka bar cuts no ice with me!!!! Your offer is noted, appreciated and filed for future use.
Spud 25 October 2011 11:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Nah Mike, you dont want to go to Wellington, its so full of............Wellingtonians, and politicians.