{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / FR Reunion 2012

FR Reunion 2012

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Edward (Borneo Veteran) 10 October 2011 10:53 13600 views Link  
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 10 October 2011 10:53
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FR Reunion 2012

Ive decided to hold next years F R Reunion on May 11th 12th and 13th.(friday saturday and sunday ) As of yet ive to go down to the remada hotel and negotiate the best price available. As usual we will have the Stumble inn on the friday night and saturday night ill see if i can get the Pied piper pub again, Watch this space for further information within the next few days. Eddie reunion organiser.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Mike Pass 10 October 2011 11:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhhmmm!!!!

Eddie, just a thought. Have another look at the the original Cannock hotel again. Forgot the name of it now. Strikes me that there was a bar with a good atmosphere, the rooms were easier to access being all on the ground floor. The buffet was good (no offence to the pubs spread, of course). The only issue if you recall was the P.A. system and confusion over same. The seating was perhaps not best arranged but we have learned that creating one big table works better for us. I do not criticise the effort that you have put into the last three reunions for a second but having had the Ramada for the last two I have to state my preference for the earlier one. That is my view, maybe others share it, maybe not. The majority is good for me!
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 10 October 2011 11:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FR Reunion 2012

Mike i realise the things you have pointed out (but) The room was £160-00 for the night there was no lift for disabled people to get to it,in addition to the room charge there would be a charge for 50 people for the buffet wich comes to about £170-00.again,the whole reason i didnt want to go back there  was there were hidden charges for bar staff as well that they tried to squeeze out of me and that was after handing over £300-00 in the first place. The whole reason for the way ive organised the reunion is to try and not tax members pockets as i know and you know the cost of  getting here is bad enough without them having to fork out to cover my costs as well,plus the raffle. Hope this explains all for you Mike. Oh and forgot to mention the rooms were £55-00 each as well. Last edited by Edward Bishop
Mike Pass 10 October 2011 12:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!

Fair enough, Ed. Just felt the need to mention it.
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 11 October 2011 09:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

Ive just been to the Ramada Hotel Cannock and secured the price of the rooms at £45-00 a room price matched from last year.this is per night and includes breakfast. For those who are interested in this reunion all you have to do is phone the Remada on 01543-461-361 ask for Paul or Judith and quote forces reunited or block 159700 if theres any problems. There will be the usual visit to the stumble inn on Friday night,lets hope Saturday is a sunny warm day we can visit the arbaretum at alrawas Nr Burton on trent. We will be having a raffle also all proceeds go to a forces charity of members choice.Saturday night will consist of a buffet and disco,i will look forward to seeing you all there. If any questions ask in forums on the F R Reunion thread and ill try to answer them. This is for ALL members of Forces Reunited.
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 26 October 2011 00:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

Went to the Pied piper today to confirm the booking of the room for next years F R Reunion and theres been a set back in the form of new management,the thing is ive got to find entertainment for that night,so if anyone has any ideas will you please let me know. The previous two years the entertainment was free but will have to be paid for this time round unless we can fix it for ourselves. The room is going to be refurbished in January so well have a new room to go to. In the meantime ill phone around and see if i can find someone,the good news is the buffet is cheaper this time round so that gives us a bob or two to help out.
Mike Pass 26 October 2011 19:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!

Does this mean the the usual DJ has lost his residency under the new management? If so and there was no reason for bad feeling between the two, can we not hire him as a mobile disco? In order to keep things moving throughout the evening we need something/someone not connected with us to do a job.
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 26 October 2011 20:08
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

Mike the disco man has left and i dont know where he is and im certainly not paying £100-00 for three hours work,as i said ill ring round and find something so leave it with me,who knows i might be able to find the usual disco man by finding out where the pervious tennant lives or obtain there phone number from the new tennant, and give them a ring so i can chat with him.
Nobby 26 October 2011 21:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Just an observation because I have every intention of joining you on one of these reunions one day, but arent you lot just a tad past "Saturday Night Fever" and the Bee Gees?
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 26 October 2011 21:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

Colin you should come and see for yourself we all  let our hair down one way or another. Last edited by Edward Bishop
Mike Pass 27 October 2011 10:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhhmmm!!!!

I nearly do that!!!!!!
Terry Carey 28 October 2011 18:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FR Reunion 2012

If youre serious Colin Ill take my guitar next year. TC. (Walks away ignoring the faint groans from the background.)
Mike Pass 29 October 2011 14:00
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Thats one way of stopping him coming twice.......
An It Harm None 12 November 2011 23:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
hi eddie

found out tonight that fr will not be putting the video room back on in the near future, nearly all the video members have encamped on face book so where does that leave us as a lot are not renewing there subs, polly
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 13 November 2011 09:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: pauline marsh found out tonight that fr will not be putting the video room back on in the near future, nearly all the video members have encamped on face book so where does that leave us as a lot are not renewing there  subs,   polly Well im not too happy about it myself but if you want me to carry on with the reunion i will do so. Question is how many are refusing to renew there membership? and do they want a reunion?if you can tell me that would be of benefit to me as to whether to cancel or not. Can you ring me at home please because as of this moment ive only had one responce to the next reunuion.
Devils Advocate 13 November 2011 12:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
chat room

Hi Polly, I have used Facebook to chat on but its always been one to one and Ive never used my cam. ( not even sure if its available) I thought the whole purpose of a chat room was for group chat which I used to enjoy. Ive never felt the need to look into people living rooms so I guess Ive neveer realy mssed the vid room though I know some people liked it. Carol X X X
Geordie 13 November 2011 13:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Carol White Hi Polly, I have used Facebook to chat on but its always been one to one and Ive never used my cam. ( not even sure if its available) I thought the whole purpose of a chat room was for group chat which I used to enjoy. Ive never felt the need to  look  into people living rooms so I guess Ive neveer realy mssed the vid room though I know some people liked it. Carol X X X Have you never used Group Chat on facebook Carol ? To chat with members of a group, go to the group and click on the upper right side of the page. Then select Chat with Group from the dropdown menu.
Mike Pass 11 December 2011 19:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Perhaps I am not reading this thread correctly or maybe I have entered a parallel universe!!!!!!! Since when was the reunion governed by the desire of the chat room users....................?? No offence to you guys but that seems to be way the thread is developing in the background. Ed, when deciding whether or not to continue the reunion, please bear in mind that a number of those who attend either use(d) the chatrooms sparingly or not at all. I TOTALLY appreciate the gross aggravation suffered by the chat room users and sympathise with them. However, you 'appear' to be basing your decision to go ahead on how many chat room users are available! Can we simply look at it from the p.o.v. of how many MEMBERS are desirous of continuing. For example, I have just signed up for three years! Had the forums suffered instead (as the chat rooms have), I would have moved to the latter. Of course, there are valid reasons as to why some members do not like to use forums. Again, I follow that. In your place, Ed, I would put out a notice in the General forum giving members a finite date to reply as to their desire to attend. If you feel there is a pointlessly low number then, kill it. Yes, I do note that no one has actually said that everything depends upon the chat room users but as a non user it is very easy to pick up that vibe. For myself, if the reunions are to stop, for whatever full reason, Val and I will simply get in the car, get onto the cobbled section of the M6 and lay waste to Ashton under Water for an overnight. Apparently there is a hotel close enough to Terrace's house to chuck bricks through his windows. I am still up the the normal reunion but I need to know within the next week or two whether it is on or not. P.S. Val is looking to book a show for May 12th if the reunion does not got ahead! So that is why I need to know soonest. No pressure there then!!!!!! Last edited by Mike Pass
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 11 December 2011 19:15
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Perhaps I am not reading this thread correctly or maybe I have entered a parallel universe!!!!!!! Since when was the reunion governed by the desire of the chat room users....................?? No offence to you guys but that seems to be way the thread is developing in the background. Ed, when deciding whether or not to continue the reunion, please bear in mind that a number of those who attend either use(d) the chatrooms sparingly or not at all. I TOTALLY appreciate the gross aggravation suffered by the chat room users and sympathise with them. However, you 'appear' to be basing your decision to go ahead on how many chat room users are available! Can we simply look at it from the p.o.v. of how many MEMBERS are desirous of continuing. For example, I have just signed up for three years! Had the forums suffered instead (as the chat rooms have), I would have moved to the latter. Of course, there are valid reasons as to why some members do not like to use forums. Again, I follow that. In your place, Ed, I would put out a notice in the General forum giving members a finite date to reply as to their desire to attend. If you feel there is a pointlessly low number then, kill it. Yes, I do note that no one has actually said that everything depends upon the chat room users but as a non user it is very easy to pick up that vibe. For myself, if the reunions are to stop, for whatever full reason, Val and I will simply get in the car, get onto the cobbled section of the M6 and lay waste to Ashton under Water for an overnight. Apparently there is a hotel close enough to Terrace's house to chuck bricks through his windows. I am still up the the normal reunion but I need to know within the next week or two whether it is on or not. Mike i know you are concerned about the reunion,and so am i. Im having a few problems at the moment but will iron those out, that you can be sure of,however there will be a  reunion on the 11th of May next year come hell and high water.there are far more members through the forums attend the reunoins most years so im not really worried and am sorry if ive given the wrong impression to anyone. There will be a reunion next year so book your rooms on 01543 --461--361.iv got 12 rooms ordered for the event. Last edited by Edward Bishop
Mike Pass 11 December 2011 19:29
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Ill hold you to that then, Ed! Obviously I understand that there can be other reasons to have to call it off. Hopefully with plenty of notice, Cheers, Ed.
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 11 December 2011 20:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
reunion 2012

Now youve heard it from the horses mouth, come on all you enthusiasts get booking lets see you all in person.£45-00 a night including breakfast is a fare price. When booking quote forces reunited and how many nights you require. to book ring 01543--461--361. It takes place  at the Ramada Hotel Cannock Staffs on the 11th 12th of May next year. Friday and SaturdaY night entertainment laid on free. We have a buffet on Saturday night and also a raffle can you all try and bring something with you to raffle off all proceeds will go to a forces charity of the choice on the night. So come one  come all including none full members they will made welcome. I have 12 rooms waiting to be taken dont worry about running out ill get more if needed. Last edited by Edward Bishop
Terry Carey 11 December 2011 22:59
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FR reunion 2012

I would miss my yearly chance to see if I can get Mike to buy me a drink. I think Im still one ahead or should that be behind? Its his turn next so make up your own mind. What is the entertainment for the Saturday night Ed as there was some doubt about the DJ from this and other years? The offer of bringing my guitar still stands if required. I dont need to play it - you can all just look at it (Id bring my vintage one of 1960 date.) TC.
Roly01 12 December 2011 05:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey I would miss my yearly chance to see if I can get Mike to buy me a drink.  I think I'm still one ahead or should that be behind?  It's his turn next so make up your own mind. What is the entertainment for the Saturday night Ed as there was some doubt about the DJ from this and other years? The offer of bringing my guitar still stands if required.  I don't need to play it - you can all just look at it (I'd bring my vintage one of 1960 date.) TC. If all else fails, then the guitar can be used to light a fire to keep you all warm.
Mike Pass 12 December 2011 07:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhmmm!!!!

Quoting: Terry Carey The offer of bringing my guitar still stands if required.  I don't need to play it TC. Nor I doh!
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 12 December 2011 11:16
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Arthur(Roly) Rowsell If all else fails, then the guitar can be used to light a fire to keep you all warm. Terry ive yet to get entertainment for Saturday night but have several outlets and ill let you know asap.
Emlyn Evans 12 December 2011 16:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey I would miss my yearly chance to see if I can get Mike to buy me a drink.  I think I'm still one ahead or should that be behind?  It's his turn next so make up your own mind. What is the entertainment for the Saturday night Ed as there was some doubt about the DJ from this and other years? The offer of bringing my guitar still stands if required.  I don't need to play it - you can all just look at it (I'd bring my vintage one of 1960 date.) TC. I could squeal for my supper
Terry Carey 12 December 2011 20:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FR Reunion 2012

Quoting: Arthur(Roly) Rowsell If all else fails, then the guitar can be used to light a fire to keep you all warm. No need Roly - Im red hot on it!!!!! TC.
Roly01 12 December 2011 21:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey No need Roly - I'm red hot on it!!!!! TC.
Mike Pass 13 December 2011 09:16
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Quoting: Terry Carey No need Roly - I'm red hot on it!!!!! TC. Yup! He uses it for a toilet after a Vindaloo, innit?!
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 19 February 2012 10:59
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Reunion 2012

All is settled now as  far as entertainment is concerned all sorted. You can book your rooms of £45-00 per night including breakfast for the week end 11th 12th of may,by phooning -01543-461-361.Quote Forces reunited ask for Paul or  Judith if any problems. There are  12 rooms on stand by for us, and more if needed at a later date. Friday night will be at the Stumble inn,as usual  free entertainment,Saturday night will be at the Pied Piper where we have a raffle all proceeds go to a forces charity,again entertainment is free. Also there will be a buffet laid on for you. The address for this reunion is as follows.    The Ramada Birmingham North.Cannock.            Watling street.                 Cannock.                   Staffordshire.                      WS 11 OEL UK                     email:www.ramadabirminghamnorth.co.uk Saturday morning weather permitting i hope to go to the arbouretum at alrawas  Nr Burton on  Trent. that is free to get in and worth a visit. Everyone is welcome and you can bring a friend as well. All the rooms are double so a friend will not cost any extra. Come one come all including none full members and friends. You can start booking now on -01543-461-361. Look forward to seeing you all. Last edited by Edward Bishop
Terry Carey 19 February 2012 17:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FR Reunion 2012.

Sounds good Eddie - Ill let you know when Ive booked. What is the entertainment on the Saturday? D.J.? or what? Could I mention this on another site I go on which is for my old mob and our sister regiment members only? There are a few who live fairly close and they might be interested even though they arent on FR. TC.
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 19 February 2012 17:24
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Terry Carey Sounds good Eddie - I'll let you know when I've booked.  What is the entertainment on the Saturday?  D.J.? or what? Could I mention this on another site I go on which is for my old mob and our sister regiment members only?  There are a few who live fairly close and they might be interested even though they aren't on FR.   TC. Terry you can  do just that my friend the more the merrier. The entertainment will be another D J ive tried to locate the one we have regularly but to no avail. Last edited by Edward Bishop
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 29 February 2012 09:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

Talking about booking can you through this media please let me know when youve booked as i need numbers asap so i can order taxis for the Saturday night trip  to the Pied  Piper and if need be order more rooms. Once again the phone number to book your rooms is 01543-461-361.And quote forces reunited when booking,if any problems ask for either Paul or Judith they will sort you out. The cost of each Double room is £45-00 pounds a night including breakfasts. The reunion is held at the,Ramada Hotel  Cannock in Staffordshire. Watling st.    Cannock      Staffs.       WS11-OEL UK Its set up to start on the 11th of May through to the sunday morning 13th when we all go home. Friday night is earmarked for the Stumble inn where theres entertainment (free) Saturday Night is at the pied piper where well have a buffet and a raffle,(please try to bring a little something for this)the proceeds go to a forces charity of your choice.theres also entertainment there as well,(free) Come one come all and yes you can bring a friend if you want,the more the merrier.                           Thankyou.                              Eddie. Terry ive asked about amps but got no answer so could you bring yours just in case please. Last edited by Edward Bishop Last edited by Edward Bishop
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 5 March 2012 11:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

Hello everyone just a reminder to book your rooms for the reunion on May 11th week end,i have two bookings so far that leaves 10 rooms available,but i need to know how many are attending so i can have a full head count for the ammount of taxis i need,so please hurry and book up and let me know. Thank you Eddie. Organiser.
An It Harm None 5 March 2012 21:39
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
reunion2012

hi eddie just to let you know we have booked our room tonight , hope there will be more booking . looking forward to it see ya all there. polly and gordon
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 6 March 2012 09:15
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

Pauline thank you for that that makes a total so far of 4 rooms booked up=8 people so far.
Mike Pass 9 March 2012 13:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Eddie, I have just booked for Val and I. The hotel is quite adamant (in a friendly manner) that the cost of the room and breakfast is £45:00 not £40:00. However, they told me that if it did come to light that a new rate had been agreed, that would be implemented. It may be worth checking!
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 10 March 2012 10:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

Thats quite right Mike my mistake mustve had a grey hair day, sorry.
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 18 March 2012 11:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

Well here we are mid march and have six rooms booked so far i need all who are attending to book up there rooms as ive still got taxis to sort out,so please book up and let me know as soon as youve done so. Thankyou Eddie.
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 25 March 2012 14:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FR Reunion 2012

Hello once again,just a reminder about booking your rooms if you are attending the reunion on May 11th and 12 th return home on the sunday morning. I have 33 days left to fill the remaining 6 rooms before canceling whats left of them,as you will all know by now the rooms are £45-00 a night for a double room including  breakfast. The phone number for bookings is 01543-461-361,ASK FOR PAUL OR JUDITH,and quote forces reunited as our s are in a block. When attending please try and bring a little  something to raffle off,all proceeds go to a forces charity. In case anyone is wondering about dress come in your comfortable  clothes theres no military dress. This reunion is for F R  members and friends,the more the merrier, so come on and have a good time. If we fill these rooms i can get more at the same price so no worries,just a reminder please let me know when you have booked so i can have a head count for taxis.                                Eddie                            Organiser. Last edited by Edward Bishop
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 1 April 2012 10:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

April the first and no responce to my last request we have now got 27 days left to book  rooms before i cancel whats left of the 12 rooms i have been allocated. The reunion for the benefit of those who are not familier with it is for members and friends of forces reunited members. Its at the Ramada Hotel in Cannock Staffordshire on the A5 Watling st. Rooms are £45-00 a night this includes breakfast and the dates for the reunion is Friday the 11th of May through the week end Saturday and depart back home Sunday. There is entertainment on both Friday and Saturday all for free, The address for the hotel is.                  Ramada Hotel.                   Bridge st.                      off Watling st.                        Cannock.                          Staffordshire.                             WS11ODQ.UK The phone number to book is.              01543-461-361. Any problems with price or bookings ask for Paul or Judith. Come one come all and enjoy.                    Eddie Organiser thank you. Ps will you please try and bring a little something for the raffle all proceeds go to forces charity.                 Once again thank you. Still no responce Last edited by Edward Bishop
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 5 April 2012 13:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

ATTENTION We now have 22 days to book the rooms for the reunion in May,after that they will cost a lot more,so if you are attending the reunion on the weekend of 11th of May book up asap. Phone 01543-461-361. Quote forces reunited and a double room costs £45-00 there are no single rooms. There is entertainment laid on for both nights and its free so come one come all and enjoy. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOUVE BOOKED UP AS I NEED A HEADCOUNT FOR TAXIS. Thankyou. Eddie.
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 6 April 2012 09:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Edward Bishop                            ATTENTION We now have 22 days to book the rooms for the reunion in May,after that  they will cost a lot more,so if you are attending the reunion on the weekend of 11th of May book up asap.                  Phone 01543-461-361. Quote forces reunited and a double room costs £45-00 there are no single rooms. There is entertainment laid on for both nights and its free so come one come all and enjoy. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOUVE BOOKED UP AS I NEED A HEADCOUNT FOR TAXIS.                          Thankyou.                              Eddie.     21 DAYS LEFT TO BOOK YOUR ROOM. Hopefuly we will manage a trip to the arbouretum at Alrawas Nr Burton on Trent on the saturday morning Weather permiting.this is also free to get in. Last edited by Edward Bishop Last edited by Edward Bishop                  STILL NO RESPONCE(6-4-12. STILL NO RESPONCE(8-4-12. Last edited by Edward Bishop Last edited by Edward Bishop Last edited by Edward Bishop
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 10 April 2012 10:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

You have untill 27th of April to book your rooms at £45-00 a night for a double room including breakfast at the Ramada Hotel in Cannock Staffordshire. The phone number is 01543-461-361. Ask for paul or judith if there are any problems with the price etc. The 11th of May begins the start of it all through to the sunday morning when we all return home after a good week end, which we hope will include a visit to the Arbouretum at Alrawas Nr Burton On Trent,on the Saturday 12th of May. Once again the address is Ramada birmingham north, Watling st,Cannock. Staffordshire. WS11-OEL UK. Will you let me know when you book up because i need to add you to the head count for taxis . Thank you all in advance for your support and donations for the raffle Saturday night any queeries ask via these threads. Eddie.
Terry Carey 10 April 2012 12:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FR Reunion 2012

Eddie, I have just booked so you can add my name plus Patricia for the taxis. See you all there. Terry.
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 10 April 2012 13:00
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
F R Reunion 2012

All done Terry & Patricia be nice to see you again. Eddie.
Emlyn Evans 15 April 2012 17:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FR Reunion 2012

Hi Eddie Just booked for Mary and myself
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 15 April 2012 19:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FR Reunion 2012

Thank you for that Emlyn look forwqard to seeing you again.
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 15 April 2012 19:16
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
FR Reunion 2012

We still have 8 days within to book your rooms at the Ramada Hotel (for those that are still interested),they are £45-00 a night including breakfast. To book ring 01543 -461- 361 and quote forcesreunited to recieve the low price. If there is any other information requied please ask on this thread as my pc is always on.
An It Harm None 17 April 2012 10:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
reunion

how many people now eddie and is elaine coming,