{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Charles Colville Kelly

Charles Colville Kelly

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Julie Kelly 11 July 2011 05:11 494 views Link  
Julie Kelly 11 July 2011 05:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Charles Colville Kelly

My husbands Grandfather served in the 7th South African Infantry, discharged in 1916 and then came to Britain in RGA according to Medal Index Card as 2nd Liet. I am trying to find more out about his service in the RGA. Any ideas or information greatly appreciated. Julie
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Seal 20 July 2011 01:32
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Julie Kelly My husbands Grandfather served in the 7th South African Infantry, discharged in 1916 and then came to Britain in RGA according to Medal Index Card as 2nd Liet. I am trying to find more out about his service in the RGA. Any ideas or information greatly appreciated. Julie The RGA developed from fortress-based artillery located on British coasts. From 1914 when the army possessed very little heavy artillery it grew into a very large component of the British forces. It was armed with heavy, large calibre guns and howitzers that were positioned some way behind the front line and had immense destructive power. Hope this helps (The Long, Long Trail) web site lots of info on WW1 and the New Army
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete