The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / chatroom dilemma!!!

chatroom dilemma!!!

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Foxy 3 February 2011 20:31 1974 views Link  
Foxy 3 February 2011 20:31
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
chatroom dilemma!!!

Hi, Id like some advice on how to use the chatroom! I get in there ok but how do I type my messgae? on my screen there is no indication on how I get to have a chat, I just sit there seeing folk pop in then pop back out! Please help I dont want to become a lurker!...
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Old Sweat (Puddle Jumper) 3 February 2011 21:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Chat room

Denise,there should be text bar at the bottom of the chat area.Simply type your message and click on send.
The Friend 4 February 2011 06:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
try key f 11 , it sounds like your page is too big, if poss scroll a little ,
Veni, Vermini, Vomui 4 February 2011 14:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hi

Denise, please come back and let us know how you get on. Thank you. Carl
Foxy 4 February 2011 18:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hi chaps and thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately on my chatroom page there is no text bar or no scroll bar, Ive tried making the page smaller but that makes no difference. Guess Ill just have to do without a natter in the NAAFI!!! All the best and thanks again for taking the time to try and help. Denise
Edward (Borneo Veteran) 5 February 2011 13:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Denise Mackie Hi chaps and thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately on my chatroom page there is no text bar or no scroll bar, I've tried making the page smaller but that makes no difference. Guess I'll just have to do without a natter in the NAAFI!!! All the best and thanks again for taking the time to try and help. Denise [/QUOTE Denise,on the bottom rght hand corner of the chatroom page theres a +and a ^click on the + and try that ,also if your page is smaller than the screen take your curser and place it on the edge of the page and left click drag it untill you have full page, this might help.
Murray Whyte 5 February 2011 13:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Denise Mackie Hi, I'd like some advice on how to use the chatroom! I get in there ok but how do I type my messgae? on my screen there is no indication on how I get to have a chat, I just sit there seeing folk pop in then pop back out! Please help I don't want to become a 'lurker'!... I think you may need to update your Flash Player. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Foxy 5 February 2011 18:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
No its just not working! There is an advertisment which is on the bottom of the screen and it constantly changes, there is no obvious way of switching it off, Ive requested that adverts are removed but they are still there. I seem to be able to get into and use video chat but there never seems to be anyone in there. Once again, thanks for taking the time to try and help. Kind Regards, D
Foxy 6 February 2011 18:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
EUREKA!! I have now sorted the problem out and actually spent some time last night chatting. Thanks to you all for your help.
Bob (Tuffy ) Draper 6 February 2011 18:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Denise Mackie EUREKA!! I have now sorted the problem out and actually spent some time last night chatting. Thanks to you all for your help. Hi Denise, Could you please post on how you solved your problem, it would be helpful to any other member with the same trouble. many thanks.
Foxy 6 February 2011 19:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Well to be honest, it was nothing technical, I just went into the other room, it was text chat I had probs with so I went into webcam room and worked perfectly! LOL