{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Odds And Bits 76

Odds And Bits 76

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by K.A .The Robin 17 June 2010 13:41 17933 views Link  
Brians 17 June 2010 13:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
john hindley
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
K.A .The Robin 17 June 2010 14:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Odds And Bits 76

Welcome to O and B 76 and hope that everyone who looks in are well. On a walk yesterday caught this green Woodpecker....
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 17 June 2010 14:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Next....
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 17 June 2010 14:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Next.......
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 17 June 2010 14:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
And a baby rabbit grazing a few yards away......
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 17 June 2010 14:07
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
And a few ducks for George....
Forum post attachment
Vicky 17 June 2010 20:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 76

Keith those are lovely photos of the Green woodpecker, how did you manage to get them as whenever we see one it flies away before we can get a photo. We do have a black and white one visit the garden. Graham we went to the garden centre but I didnt buy any plants, just bird food which is really cheap at this centre and a tub to plant a bush in. I really was quite restrained.
..... 17 June 2010 20:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Keith. Do you have a photo of the Fat Backed Slapper complete in nylon shell suit in situ?. Thought your description of the male species was brilliant. regards j.d.
Sigs 17 June 2010 22:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 76

Hi kieth you must be mad there is only one duck on there,the rest are geese . today as been a bad day for me I had to have BOBBY put down wednesday we have had her for over 12 years she was fantastic RIP BOBBY . take care for now speak soon .george
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 18 June 2010 14:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: john daly Keith. Do you have a photo of the Fat Backed Slapper complete in  nylon shell suit in situ?. Thought your description of the male species was brilliant.   regards j.d. This is one of the less rare ones John - known as the Muffin Bird...........
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 18 June 2010 14:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: george woolley Hi kieth you must be mad there is only one duck on there,the rest are geese . today as been a bad day for me I had to have BOBBY put down wednesday we have had her for over 12 years she was fantastic RIP BOBBY . take care for now speak soon .george Hello George - my wife also thinks Im mad so it must be true! Sorry about the picture of the Canadian geese, here are some ducks........
Forum post attachment
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 18 June 2010 14:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
And.......
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 18 June 2010 14:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett Keith those are lovely photos of the Green woodpecker, how did you manage to get them as whenever we see one it flies away before we can get a photo. We do have a black and white one visit the garden. Graham we went to the garden centre but I didnt buy any plants, just bird food which is really cheap at this centre and a tub to plant a bush in. I really was quite restrained. Hello Vicky - the Woodpeckers are tricky to photograph, I suspect they must pick up the vibrations from our feet. It took me about fifteen minutes to take those photos, I had to carefully get close hiding behind the trees then use a bit of the zoom. We don,t see the other ones, I think they may be the Lesser Spotted ones.
Vicky 19 June 2010 20:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Keith Baron Hello Vicky - the Woodpeckers are tricky to photograph, I suspect they must pick up the vibrations from our feet. It took me about fifteen minutes to take those photos, I had to carefully get close hiding behind the trees then use a bit of the zoom. We don,t see the other ones, I think they may be the Lesser Spotted ones. You are right Keith the black and white ones are the lesser spotted variety.
Forum post attachment
Sigs 19 June 2010 23:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 76

Hi Vicky . Can you tell me why we have to change after so many posts it is above me I am at a loss . Regrds for now .george
Forum post attachment
Sigs 19 June 2010 23:54
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 76

I must add I have I have just lost my best PAL BOBBY (RIP) she was a star my life is on the line .
Forum post attachment
Peter Caddy 20 June 2010 03:48
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Keith Baron This is one of the less rare ones John - known as the Muffin Bird........... . I dont know about you keith but when I saw that photo two words come to mind Poor bugger
Forum post attachment
Vicky 20 June 2010 07:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: george woolley I must add I have I have just lost my best PAL BOBBY  (RIP) she was a star my life is on the line . George we change after every 25 pages to make it easier to follow what is going on. Its been like this ever since Syd started the thread many years ago. Hope your scan goes well for you, I have my check up at the breast clinic on Thursday and it should be the last one for the next two years.
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 20 June 2010 19:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good evening to all on O and B and hope you had a good weekend. George and Vicky - hope your check ups all go well.
Forum post attachment
Vicky 20 June 2010 20:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 76

Keith the Thrush is one bird that we rarely see in the garden. We have lots of blackbirds but no thrushes. We went to the garden centre today as I wanted a new bird feeder but you wont be surprised to know that I did buy a plant. I had a hole to fill as I had taken a small bush out so i bought a nice crimson dahlia.
Little Mo 20 June 2010 20:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: george woolley I must add I have I have just lost my best PAL BOBBY  (RIP) she was a star my life is on the line . Sorry to hear about your loss George. I know im not a regular on this thread but i know what its like to lose a pet and my own dog Abbey is getting on in years now. Take care, best wishes, Maureen.
Forum post attachment
..... 20 June 2010 20:23
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
[QUOTE]Quoting: Peter Caddy .   I dont know about you keith  but when I saw that photo two words come to mind               Poor bugger [/QUOTe Keith. She is special, must say i have never gone to bed with someone like that......but have woken up with one like that.....ouch.
K.A .The Robin 22 June 2010 17:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good day to all on O and B and hope you are well. A quick walk today and the Woody I saw the other day is still around..........
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 22 June 2010 17:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
And a scrawny little Robin......
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 22 June 2010 17:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
And lastly a Cyril....
Forum post attachment
Vicky 22 June 2010 19:07
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 76

Keith we have had a beautiful day here and a very productive day in the garden. We have quite a big hedge between us and next door and Ian has cut both sides of it as Jack next door is 85. Ian did say he thought he might get someone in to cut it for him next year. I have just been doing a general clear up as I want to keep on top of things as we will be away at the weekend.
Sigs 23 June 2010 20:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 76

Hi All you odds and bits we are away for ten days at Ryniss angelsey fishing and playing golf for my part but as we have just lost Bobby it will give us time to think ,do we take an other resque or not . I am 77 on the 3 of July can I cope with a dog again ????. I miss her so much . regards for now take care and keep well . george woolley . Last edited by george woolley
Forum post attachment
Vicky 23 June 2010 21:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 76

George have a good holiday and very best wishes for your birthday on 3rd July. I bet you will get another rescue dog.
The Scottish Tornado 23 June 2010 22:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: george woolley Hi All you odds and bits we are away for ten days at Ryniss angelsey fishing and playing golf for my part but as we have just lost Bobby it will give us time to think ,do we take an other resque or not . I am 77 on the 3 of July can I cope with a dog again ????. I miss her so much . regards for now take care and keep well . george woolley . Last edited by george woolley Hi George When we lost our last dog Pepsi 2005 we said no more dogs but just before christmas 2008 I bought Sandy a minature Schnauser as a surprise and we have never regreted it once. She is so different from Pepsi and is a total character she is just a lovable little rouge and absolutely spoiled. Have a good holiday and whatever you decide good luck to you and your wife LOL June
Forum post attachment
Peter Caddy 25 June 2010 15:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hi gang just thought I would show you what Sheila did to a "bit" of my fire-wood. Peter C
Forum post attachment
Peter Caddy 25 June 2010 15:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hi Vicky ,when you are out walking in the woods do you ever see any False Solomans Seal. I dont remember seen any in the UK
Forum post attachment
Vicky 25 June 2010 19:19
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Peter Caddy Hi  Vicky ,when you are out walking   in the woods do you ever see any False Solomans  Seal. I dont remember seen any in the UK I have never seen any Peter. I love what Sheila has done with your wood. Ian has just had a bottle of Teachers whisky from Jack next door for cutting both sides of the hedge this week. Very nice but not necessary. We had a Jay on the feeding station this morning and usually Ians camera is to hab=nd but this morning it was not and by the time he got it the Jay had flown off. I wont be on here now until Monday as we are off to a wedding and away for the weekend.
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 29 June 2010 16:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett I have never seen any Peter. I love what Sheila has done with your wood. Ian has just had a bottle of Teachers whisky from Jack next door for cutting both sides of the hedge this week. Very nice but not necessary. We had a Jay on the feeding station this morning and usually Ians camera is to hab=nd but this morning it was not and by the time he got it the Jay had flown off. I wont be on here now until Monday as we are off to a wedding and away for the weekend. Hope you enjoyed your visit to the wedding Vicky. Whisky must be a thing with neighbours, I have just received a bottle from my elderly neighbours who I help out with things now and then. Warm and muggy again today, too hot for a walk or sitting in the garden! Some cygnets we saw the other day........
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 29 June 2010 16:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Another Rose..........
Forum post attachment
Peter Caddy 29 June 2010 16:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hi Vicky I hope youhad a good weekend .Dull wet right now not a good start to the day. My back is so sore Im walking around the house with two walking sticks it got so bad the other night I could not walk down stairs to go to bed so had to sleeo in the living room.Another day I could not move even with pain killers so Sheila called a ambulance and I had two shots of morphine before I could get up and walk .It were not nice. Here is a shot of Sheila in her new kayak that I got her for her 78th birthday .I feel quite proud of her Peter C
Forum post attachment
Peter Caddy 29 June 2010 16:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
While on the lake some loons came for a look -see
Forum post attachment
Graham Removed 29 June 2010 22:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hi all, job to find time to post at the moment. I never thought that at 71 i would be working as hard and as many hours as i am at the moment. Jean is the only cook, and it is to help her that is the real reason for working so hard . We are so busy with coach parties for lunches , i wonder where all the people come from . Going to bed now but will be back tommorrow goodnight all
Graham Removed 30 June 2010 17:53
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Well , this is unusual,we finished today at 1.30pm, and left the students to do the rest of the day until 8pm, only one party for lunch, 40 Spanish. we got home and promptly went to sleep , so got nothing done in the garden. Everything is now growing at a pace, some sun and plenty of rain !!.All my carrots seem to be growing well, also radishes that I planted. We now have 40 Parsnips showing their tips , so thats better than I thought .We bought 3 Tomato plants, and now have 10 tomatoes on them.The only things that appear slow are the runner beans, we have given them feed, but they seem reluctant to climb the sticks. Cyrill has brought his friends to see us, and these are all young ones, it is wonderful to watch them whilst we are having breakfast, they have taken a real liking to Melon skin. Just remembered , last week we had another party of Indians , 45, most were vegetarian, but also 6 of them were "Jeens" ?, so apart from no meat , eggs etc. they also do not eat any root vegetables, so a little problem to feed them, but we did it and they were amazed at what Jean produced for them, that they want to take her back to India to cook for them!!!!!!!, but they were unable to meet my price for her, so she has to stay here, well that is until they make a better offer. We have had so many different nationalities of people , it makes for wonderful days even though we are both absolutely drained at the end of the day, particularly after 10 hours non stop.I hope you are all having good times in the U k with the nice weather that I see you have been having. Vicky I expect you have been scouring the garden to find any unoccupied spaces. George are you thinking of having another Dog yet, it is good exercise for you, and they dont answer back, . Peter, the picture of Sheila in her new canoe, I think she is fantastic, I hope you can have many trips this year, its easier than walking and you get right down low so able to appreciate all the wildlife, and of cause you may even catch a couple of salmon the you could cook out there one evening. Keith, What is it about you , and Ian that gets neighbours to give you bottles of whiskey, dont tell me it is your charm. Well back to the coaches tomorrow after our little break, we are also getting fly tours from the U k now, a lot are singles groups, 50 year old and above , but they are so much fun considering that so many will have lost partners.
Vicky 30 June 2010 20:24
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 76

Hi everyone, just a quick post tonight as we had trouble with the PC and it had to go to the repairers so I am still trying to catch up with things. We had a aloveyl time at the wedding but my brother Derek who had a hip replacement a few months ago was in agony as his other hip has now gone and he will need that replacing as well. Ian has been out with his camera today so I will put one photo on now and a few more tomorrow.
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 1 July 2010 15:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good afternoon to all and hope you are well. Graham - re the whisky, it is not my charm (that is a rabbits foot), I think it is just me! You work too hard, just think if you were in England you would only have to work until you are 70! A couple of photos........
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 1 July 2010 15:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Red Kite up high.......
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 1 July 2010 15:28
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
And a Robin.....
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 1 July 2010 15:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Edited.....
Forum post attachment
Graham Removed 1 July 2010 18:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Keith Baron Good afternoon to all and hope you are well. Graham - re the whisky, it is not my charm (that is a rabbit's foot), I think it is just me! You work too hard, just think if you were in England you would only have to work until you are 70! A couple of photos........ Keith i dont even need to be working, even pension age here is 67, but I retired at 65.but its fun and i get paid .
Forum post attachment
Vicky 1 July 2010 19:31
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 76

Where were you Keith when you took the photo of the Red Kite? Here are a couple more pics that Ian took yesterday. First a thistle type plant I am not sure what it is. I will have to send it to Syd and ask him. Syd is now in his new home somewhere in suffolk not sure where.
Forum post attachment
Vicky 1 July 2010 19:32
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 76

Now for a Jasmine that I planted last year.
Forum post attachment
K.A .The Robin 2 July 2010 16:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: vicky codling nee bassett Where were you Keith when you took the photo of the Red Kite? Here are a couple more pics that Ian took yesterday. First a thistle type plant I am not sure what it is. I will have to send it to Syd and ask him. Syd is now in his new home somewhere in suffolk not sure where. Hello Vicky - the Red Kite flew high over our house the other day but even with the camera on full zoom the photo was not too good. The thistle looks like Sea Holly but the flowers are usually blue I think.
Forum post attachment
Vicky 2 July 2010 19:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Keith Baron Hello Vicky - the Red Kite flew high over our house the other day but even with the camera on full zoom the photo was not too good. The thistle looks like Sea Holly but the flowers are usually blue I think. I will get the official photographer to take a picture when they come in to flower Keith.
Vicky 3 July 2010 09:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 75

This year we had tadpoles in our tiny pond and they have now grown in to frogs so here is a pic for you.
Forum post attachment
Vicky 3 July 2010 15:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
odds and bits 76

Another photo for you of the Squirrel who came visiting this morning until Patch chased him off.
Forum post attachment