{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Kings Royal Rifle Corps in India 1919

Kings Royal Rifle Corps in India 1919

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Mark Rabone 14 April 2009 21:07 1156 views Link  
Mark Rabone 14 April 2009 21:07
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Kings Royal Rifle Corps in India 1919

I am trying to put together my elderley mothers family tree, and have been informed her Grand Parent Horace Ernest Russell served with the Kings Royal Rifle Corps, and even took his family over with him while he was stationed in Karachi and Lahore. (I am also led to believe he had his photo taken while Anthony Eden was his commander, but cannot find this photo. There is one close up I found of Anthony Eden on an internet search, but I think Horace was in the row behind and has been cut out). I have been able to find his sons birth cert, who was born in Karachi, where it states Horace is listed as IVL 1370 Signal Sgt, and address although unclear seems to be No1 Lurie Coy A Corps. I am unsure of army terminology so unsure what all that means. I am unable to afford to get information from the army personnel centre in Glasgow, so wondered if anyone could give me advice where I may be able to find out more details, of what the regiment did over there, or where I may be able to source more free information. I also know they travelled to India on the SS Ceramic, and saw the future Edward VIII on his tour there. Thanks in advance.
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Spud 22 April 2009 23:08
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Kings Royal Rifle Corps

The K R R Corp is now the Green Jackets you could try there site
The Friend 23 April 2009 07:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Eric Wood The K R R Corp is now the Green Jackets you could try there site not quite true its now The Rifles. but try looking at the royal green jackets museam in winchester
Lucy Howland 31 July 2009 19:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
India

Hi - 1st post so treat me gently!!! Not sure if this is any help - but my dad Robert Ball was born in India in 1916 or 1917 at Mount Abu, when his father Frederick George Ball was stationed out there. I know my grandfather had his whole family out there with him. Im not sure which regt my G/father served with, but my dad enlisted with the Signals when he grew up. I am only just starting out to try to find all the info I can - but like previous poster - Im broke too!!(poorly paid civil servant!!) So - any info or pointers would be most gratefully accepted!! Thanks - and good luck to the originator of this thread in your search too!