{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Games Board

Games Board

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by The Boss 31 March 2009 14:52 18446 views Link  
The Boss 31 March 2009 14:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

Here's the new forum just for games as requested. Last edited by Dominic Hayhoe
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Mike Pass 31 March 2009 15:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games

Greatly obliged Dom.
Terry Self 31 March 2009 18:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games

Pity it had to come to this.
Exjack 31 March 2009 18:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I have no problem with games being on its own, should be easier to locate the various games without scrolling through the posted messages as before.
John (Scouse) Hirons 31 March 2009 18:24
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: David Warner I have no problem with 'games' being on its own, should be easier to locate the various games without scrolling through the posted messages as before. Alright David, Got it one sirah, itll even stop old moaners like me bleating on about the congested forum. I think this way everybodys happy, well nearly everybody.
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 31 March 2009 18:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games board.

You'll never please everyone Scouse. I think we all know that only too well. OK then. For those amongst us who just like a little quick quizzing to pass the time, the transition has been made(as far as I can tell, without much help from the whiners!). Whilst this area may come to contain a nucleic element (see what I did there?? lol) which will hopefully grow, however slowly, I hope that we can continue in the current vein and open more threads dedicated to particular games. I would suggest that we keep this thread open to pass any messages, thoughts on new games etc. etc. and to avoid chatter spillage onto the games themselves. Contrary to remarks about simpletons and the like we will entertain more involved and dare I say it, more intellectual games as time goes on. Can I also ask two favours of you all. 1). At some point a member/s will attempt to disrupt this forum. Please do not get into a free for all with them. Report the post immediately to Admin or the Mods. 2). Please try not to use this forum only and, to the detriment of the 'General' forum. I genuinely set up these quiz threads to liven up that area. I hope that people will now have got the message and will not sit about waiting to be entertained. I would not put a week's wages on it though........... ENJOY YOURSELVES, I HAD TO FIGHT FOR THIS................!   Last edited by Mike Pass
Mike Pass 31 March 2009 20:53
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games board

Sorry to keep popping up but my short term memory is not my greatest asset! Whilst my name is listed as the topic starter for Seven letters, we all know full well that this is not the case. It was started by Owen Hunter (who will probably be back with us soon) but I could not open this incarnation of it in his name, obviously! This also applies to Find a Word which was John Richards. Finally for this session (I hope). Please feel free to start your own games....this is not my forum, it is ours.
Silver Surfer 1 April 2009 01:59
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Sorry to keep popping up but my short term memory is not my greatest asset! Whilst my name is listed as the topic starter for Seven letters, we all know full well that this is not the case. It was started by Owen Hunter (who will probably be back with us soon) but I could not open this incarnation of it in his name, obviously! This also applies to Find a Word which was John Richards'. Finally for this session (I hope). Please feel free to start your own games....this is not my forum, it is ours. Alls well that ends well,good one Mike Thanks Tony
Mike Pass 2 April 2009 18:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games board

It will be noted that I cocked up Word pairs. Stay away from the Pairs thread until I can get it removed. Just use Word pairs Sorry about that!
Celtic Maiden 12 April 2009 17:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Good idea!

I was getting a little flummoxed (is that the right word here Mike?) trying to find the old game threads. What a good idea to have them in one place. I must get back in the swing of things again.
Mike Pass 13 April 2009 10:54
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

Taffy! You are getting as bad as Sheila (though I often think that she does it intentionally, just to annoy me!). Pay attention girl....
Celtic Maiden 13 April 2009 10:59
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I have a lot of respect for the lovely Sheila. Youd be surprised how much we have in common! Quoting: Mike Pass Taffy! You are getting as bad as  Sheila (though I often think that she does it intentionally, just to annoy me!). Pay attention girl....
Mike Pass 13 April 2009 11:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

Oh! I did not know that you practised VooDoo also!!!!!!
Celtic Maiden 13 April 2009 13:49
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Shall I show you what I can do?...lol Why do you think James calls me the white witch of the Beacons? Hey, Im teasing you lovely, or am I? Quoting: Mike Pass Oh! I did not know that you practised VooDoo also!!!!!!
Mike Pass 15 April 2009 11:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

RAY!!!! Do not forget the What have I got etc Your turn to start.......... Mike.
Mike Pass 15 April 2009 18:27
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

Message for Sheila. ********* Sheila. For some reason my latest PM to you (1820hrs) will not send. I have tried it several times and it does not register as sent, nor does it appear in my outbox. If you have now received three or four of the same one, please let me know. I have sent a test PM to TC and that has registered. I am waiting to hear back from him re receipt. Mike.
Mike Pass 17 April 2009 15:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games board

Ladies and gentlemen. Yet again the games are coming in for some stick (by the usual suspects!) I would appreciate a little constructive assistance in dealing with the current, extremely petty complaint. Dom is on the case but it would not hurt for a few voices other than my own to be heard. See for yourselves in......... General/Those games again. Thankyou Mike.
Margaret 17 April 2009 15:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
games board

Quoting: Mike Pass Ladies and gentlemen. Yet again the games are coming in for some stick (by the usual suspects!) I would appreciate a little constructive assistance in dealing with the current, extremely petty complaint. Dom is on the case but it would not hurt for a few voices other than my own to be heard. See for yourselves in......... General/Those games again. Thankyou Mike.   been there! done it !
Mike Pass 17 April 2009 15:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games board

Thank you Margaret..... Ive seen it and replied.....!
Terry Self 17 April 2009 15:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Ladies and gentlemen. Yet again the games are coming in for some stick (by the usual suspects!) I would appreciate a little constructive assistance in dealing with the current, extremely petty complaint. Dom is on the case but it would not hurt for a few voices other than my own to be heard. See for yourselves in......... General/Those games again. Thankyou Mike.   Made my comments Mike
Mike Pass 17 April 2009 15:48
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

Thankyou Terry
Mike Pass 18 April 2009 11:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games board

Folks, unless there are any objections I will ask Admin to remove the bottom four redundant threads as a bit of a spring clean. Personally, I feel that they are just clogging now. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THAT PLEASE (not shouting, just stressing the point!) Ta Mike.
Silver Surfer 30 April 2009 11:08
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Folks, unless there are any objections I will ask Admin to remove the bottom four redundant threads as a bit of a spring clean. Personally, I feel that they are just 'clogging' now. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THAT PLEASE (not shouting, just stressing the point!) Ta Mike. Go for it Mike
Mike Pass 5 May 2009 16:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

Ladies and gentlemen. You may or may not have noticed that this forum is again under attack; from the same complainants as the last time. Whilst I may find the complaint rather simplistic, they obviously do not, and, that is their right. However, it gets a little tiring at times being the only voice in the wilderness. I would greatly appreciate input from you all in defending that which should not need defending....this forum. There is no requirement for blazing arguments and ones view as a Games board user is enough. You will find the aforementioned in Hot Topics/Put away the Dictionaries and Atlases. Yes. I do recall that the last time I called for your input it was forthcoming but, that unfortunately was toward the end of the uprising! This obsession with the Games forum that two of our respected members seem to have, totally eludes me. The reasoning behind the argument has little basis. If you read my posts on the thread, you will find that I have put forward yet another suggestion to make their lives better. I would be interested to hear your views on it.
Exjack 5 May 2009 18:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
My response has been duly entered in the Hot Topic section.
Mike Pass 5 May 2009 19:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
hhhmmm!!!1

Thanks for that David. It is actually in Site announcements but your text is very appropriate in that thread. I would be grateful however if you were to repeat it in Hot Topics/Put away the Dictionaries and Atlas. Cheers mate.
Mike Pass 5 May 2009 19:43
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

Thanks David. If anyone has just clicked onto this please go back a couple of posts. thanks. Mike.
Mike Pass 5 May 2009 19:46
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

Thank you Terry.
Mike Pass 5 May 2009 20:39
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

David, and anyone else up for a laugh at my expense. You will find a post that I have just made in General/Filius..... that may bring back memories........
Mike Pass 6 May 2009 07:24
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

Thank you Tony.
Mike Pass 7 May 2009 10:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Gmaes Board

Could I just remind everyone to check into the Members Suggestions... thread in Site Announcements as your input is required. Ta.
Mike Pass 7 May 2009 16:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

Ladies and Germs, You will, I hope, be pleased to hear (unless you already know!) that the subscribe to this thread issue is now resolved. You will have to check the box henceforth if you wish to be notified. Whether you will need to do it each time you post, I do not yet know. Also you will notice that I have managed to have this thread made into a sticky, which means that it will stay in this position and not keep emigrating south every time a players run through the list. Please make use of it to pass quiz related (and other) messages to each other and keep an eye on any new posts that appear on it. Mike
Terry Self 7 May 2009 19:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Ladies and Germs, You will, I hope, be pleased to hear (unless you already know!) that the 'subscribe to this thread' issue is now resolved. You will have to check the box henceforth if you wish to be notified. Whether you will need to do it each time you post, I do not yet know. Also you will notice that I have managed to have this thread made into a sticky, which means that it will stay in this position and not keep emigrating south every time a players run through the list. Please make use of it to pass quiz related (and other) messages to each other and keep an eye on any new posts that appear on it. Mike Thanks Mike what a relief.
Mike Pass 7 May 2009 20:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board.

Well Terry, here is an update on that. Even though the check boxes are empty we are still receiving the notifications so Admin will need to sort that out. I did not expect things to go as easily as they seemed to be doing anyway!!!
Terry Self 7 May 2009 21:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Well Terry, here is an update on that. Even though the check boxes are empty we are still receiving the notifications so Admin will need to sort that out. I did not expect things to go as  easily as they seemed to be doing anyway!!! Will keep eye on it,so far not received any.
Exjack 8 May 2009 13:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
In-Box had 62 notifications when I opened up just now, so system still not yet sorted!
Terry Self 8 May 2009 22:37
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Photos

100kb Now thats better.
Forum post attachment
Mike Pass 17 May 2009 12:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

Not seen Gail about for some time! Any one know?????
Exjack 17 May 2009 14:21
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Mike Pass Not seen Gail about for some time! Any one know????? Gail was online last night Mike.
Mike Pass 17 May 2009 19:50
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Games Board

Hush my mouth!!!!!
Mike Pass 25 August 2009 21:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Note

If no one has any objections I will ask Admin to delete the last three threads in this forum............ Find me (the original. Do not understand why a new one was created but never mind) A new game My daughters life in China Mike.
Exjack 25 August 2009 21:48
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
No objections to that Mike!
Terry Self 26 August 2009 22:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Ive no objections Mike