{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / BOB'S DAILY DIARY IE THROUGH MATURIE YEARS

BOB'S DAILY DIARY IE THROUGH MATURIE YEARS

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Alfie 5 February 2009 11:03 354135 views Link  
Alfie 5 February 2009 11:03
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
BOBS DAILY DIARY IE THROUGH MATURIE YEARS

my first moan is the attitude of some towards us of a mature age // we are living longer is there complaint plus we are costing money // let/s see we worked all our lives paying taxes plus insurance// we paid rent or mortgages// we brought our children up working a lot of hours to ensure they got more in life than we did// we paid out for private insurances tried to save for holidays// so i believe we/ve earned our rights to mature gracefully without being condemned for it// the retirement age of 65 according to some was to allow you 5 years grace before you passed this earthly coil// there now stating this would be better being raised to 70// i have seen a lot of family and friends who fell short of retirement age when they passed away// and in a lot of cases it was because of the work load they bore  to ensure there childrens welfare// some make you feel theres a stigma to being a pensioner or even being over 60 // as you will notice i use the word mature // not old// we have earned our rights  and should be proud to be around and having a bit of free time // Last edited by robert wells
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Ginger 5 February 2009 19:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
have a moan ,

what the youngsters of today dont seem to understand , they will get mature themselves one day , they will have visits from mr arthur itis , they will get frail and unable to do the things they took for granted when they were young , its very sad but i find there is a lot of resentment towards folk of retirement age , if they only knew during my working life a basic working week was 48 hours , with overtime something you could not live without it was not unusual, to do 60 or 70 hours per week , and todays lot moan about working 35 hours per week , i think its us pensioners that should show resentment towards the younger generation , hinger ,
Alfie 6 February 2009 15:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
have a moan// you/v earned the right

yes jim it/s appreaciation we/re lacking / i think the media is at fault at times making out we are a burden to the state /it gives the wrong message to the younger end // and like you stated time passes and they one day will be in our position // hope issues are resolved long before then/
Syd Jones 8 February 2009 15:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: jim mahoney what the youngsters of today dont seem to understand , they will get mature themselves one day , they will have visits from mr arthur itis , they will get frail and unable to do the things they took for granted when they  were young , its very sad but i find there is a lot of resentment towards folk of retirement age , if they only knew during my working life  a basic working week was 48 hours , with overtime something you could not live without it was not unusual, to do 60 or 70 hours per week , and todays lot moan about working 35 hours per week , i think its us pensioners that should show resentment towards the younger generation , hinger ,   Jim lad! Twas ever thus, In the words of the song... Those were the days my friend, We thought they'd never end, We'd live and laugh for ever and a day! Anyone under the age of forty, if they are reasonably fit and healthy, cannot possibly imagine being old and doddery. Didn't we all think the same? Chin up & Cheers, Syd. Last edited by Syd Jones
Ginger 8 February 2009 20:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
have a moan ,

perhaps its a bit of envy that the sprogs feel towards us toothless, hairless,old wrinklies , could it be that most of us oldies have everything we need in life , we owe nobody a brass farthing , we have no credit cards , cos we dont need the dam things , we were taught in school how to live within our means and not to get in debt , something the schools and govt ,and bankers dont seem to teach anymjore , where i live in broadstairs it is mainly populated by pensioners , these people are smartly dressed , eat well , live properly within the law , owe nothing , i dont know why i am bothering to write this ,aint we lucky , ps , another thing the sprogs have not got , lots of lovely memories stored in our heads over many years , appy days , ginger v,
K.A .The Robin 9 February 2009 11:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I have not quite reached retirement yet but I must say I have always been treated with respect by young people.There may be some that resent old folk but around here they seem to be very helpful to the older generation. One day the young ones who may feel that way will also become old and maybe their thinking will then change.
Alfie 9 February 2009 19:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
i/m not knocking all kids keith my own and grandkids have been smashing and like most people am very proud of them / but in a town nearbye last week a couple in there seventies had a bottle thrown through there window it was not the first incident theyd endured while interviewed the lady said // i/v no enemies// i have not shouted at the children // i cannot understand why this is happening to us /we are to scared to go out and reprimand them // others in the old folks bungaloes feel the same // we turn the telly up to avoid hearing them one said
K.A .The Robin 10 February 2009 14:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: robert wells i/m not knocking all kids keith my own and grandkids have been smashing and like most people am very proud of them / but in a town nearbye last week a couple in there seventies had a bottle thrown through there    window it was not the first incident theyd endured while interviewed the lady said // i/v no enemies// i have not shouted at the children // i cannot understand why this is happening to us /we are to scared to go out and reprimand them // others in the old folks bungaloes feel the same // we turn the telly up to avoid hearing them one said                                                                 It is awful if that sort of thing happens Robert.I think the police should really crack down on that sort of intimidation but we all know that they will not,I do not know what the answer is.
Alfie 10 February 2009 18:36
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
have a moan/ you/v earned the right

got to admit keith they do there best it/s the age of some of the kids that make it awkward// cannot name and shame them// my other moan is soaps // wife loves emmerdale/ coronation street/ hollyoaks // so sometimes if i can/t get on computer i watch some// what/s happening// i used to fancy living in the country / but now they/v moved city violence in // what happened to the farming sugdens old amos in the woolpack// has life moved on so fast i missed it// even coronation street// friends cheating each other /lying/ robbing // violence// now they/v got mature ken seventy six// having an affair and lying to have it// they say all this is reality then it shows how sad life is/ no wonder kids are getting the wrong impression// as for hollyoaks // don/t go there//
Syd Jones 10 February 2009 21:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: robert wells my other moan is soaps // wife loves emmerdale/ coronation street/ hollyoaks // so sometimes if i can/t get on computer i watch some// what/s happening// i used to fancy living in the country / but now they/v moved city violence in // what happened to the farming sugdens old amos in the woolpack// has life moved on so fast i missed it// sad life is/ no wonder kids are getting the wrong impression// as for hollyoaks // don/t go there// Robert, there must be all of 450 other people living in this village. We dont have street lighting and nobody seems to want it! So, I guess we could safely call this a rural area and I have to say that although there is the occasional bit of vandalism in the childrens play area, as far as I am aware there has never been any violence in the thirty five or so years I have lived here. Are we lucky? Perhaps, but dont consider anything, seen or heard, on a soap as being representative of rural areas. Mind you, the last time I saw Coronation Street was in 1963 when I was in digs. Eastenders? I saw the first ten minutes of the very first episode. Cheers, Syd.
Alfie 11 February 2009 18:45
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
have a moan you/ve earned the right

sounds great syd and i can imagine some lovely villages out there// the area where emmerdale is produced i/v been to and it/s a lovely area to // i just wish that at times tv would portray the good people out there // the happy marriages // and kids enjoying there childhood instead of thinking we want to see the bad element// last of the summer wine// great to watch and a beutiful area to see// i live fifteen minutes away
Alfie 13 February 2009 16:37
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
reding paper today // front page showed a baby faced lad who/s girlfriend had baby / inside paper a further two pages// parents were shocked attitude// put a bet on it / over the next few months you/l have others trying to compete// it/s sad to think this warrants a spread in the paper // it/s like that american women giving birth to all those children// how could she have been allowed to get a treatment that some childless couples cannot even afford// she has six kids already no partner and suffers from problems that prevents her from working// she has now set up a website pleading for aid// sorry but i think theres something not quite right with the attitude of certain people as though what they do allows them the right to claim benifits that others more entitled have to fight for//
K.A .The Robin 14 February 2009 15:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: robert wells reding paper today // front page showed a baby faced lad who/s girlfriend had baby / inside paper a further two pages// parents were shocked attitude// put a bet on it / over the next few months you/l have others trying to compete// it/s sad to think this warrants a spread in the paper // it/s like that american women giving birth to all those children// how could she have been allowed to get a treatment that some childless couples cannot even afford// she has six kids already no partner and suffers from problems that prevents her from working// she has now set up a website pleading for aid// sorry but i think theres something not quite right with the attitude of certain people as though what they do allows them the right to claim benifits that others more entitled have to fight for// What was shocking about this story Robert is that the lad is 13 years old and still a little boy, how can they possibly call him a dad? When the girl reaches 16 very soon she will be able to claim benefits for him as her child until he reaches 16.This is pure insanity and it saddens me that our society is producing kids that ape their parents in this way, the people that are in work have to somehow pay for it all.
Alfie 14 February 2009 16:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
i totally agree keith // but i was annoyed that the paper had them posing as though warrants celeb status// whats wrong with papers nowadays there either showing footballers or film stars showing what wealth buys or articles like we.ve just mentioned/ surely they can publish something that we can appreciate as news//
Alfie 17 February 2009 11:01
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
another gripe i have at the moment is this banking fiasco// allways remember when i was told by firm i worked for that wages would be paid via the bank / i objected i felt that gave the bank a one uppance on me// where as cash in my hand gave me choice// i had to bow down in the end but felt i lost a right by doing so // years later banks have now gone into freefall not without dragging a lot of innocent customers with them// greed is a factor hitting the fore regulary but the sufferers are not the ones who caused the problem// but us /
Alfie 18 February 2009 20:25
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
here/s another one // about 20minutes ago knock on door // would we be willing to pay a monthly sum to help people less fortunate in africa// did not state which part// i have helped with a little bit to africa since i was at school// began with spectacles and stamps then a sum of money to help an individual/ over the years larger events have been venued// but the same type of indevidual is still getting voted in to rule these countries and info you get from charities is they accept some of our funds are not gettin through due to corruption in those countries// but a percentage does which helps// then theres charities that once overheads are taken out only a fraction of our money/s left// so i/m sorry do not wish to offend other peoples principles// but have finally realised charity beguins at home/
Festina Lente 20 February 2009 16:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Is it me,I find that courtesy seems to have gone now by a lot of car drivers, for instance. I had to go out in the car this morning and on the way home I had to stop for oncoming cars as I had a parked car my side. Two cars passed and neither driver acknowledged me. I carried on and had to stop again for the same reason. Three cars this time same story, the last car had an old lady driving, she looked about 150, nothing. I think she must have been frightened to take her hand off the steering wheel in case she lost control. What does it take to acknowledge someone? I dont ask them to stop, jump out of their car and shake my hand, just a simple wave or nod of the head will do. It seems to be happening more these days. Thats my moan for today.
Alfie 20 February 2009 19:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
no john wife was fuming yesterday // she was trying to get out of a side road which was on a bend // car stopped in centre to turn down where she was coming out // he started waving her forward as though road clear / she edged slightly forward and a car came screechin around the corner nearly hitting her// the guy who had beckoned her out shrugged his shoulders then laughed// then shot down the side of her// wife normally only comes out when knows it/s clear but trusted this driver / looked honest she said// lesson learnt // nearly the hard way/ it would be nice to be acknowledged with a smile / a wave // or better still good manners/ but nowadays john whats the saying // quoting kylie// i should be so lucky//
Alfie 21 February 2009 18:52
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
here/s a beuty/ council near me put out a quetionaire for schoolkids// one part asks them to question london bombers motives ie what was there reason what drove them to it// this to me beggars belief// please somebody kick these idiots out of council// luckily goverment got wind before questionaire was passed out and stopped it// am i getting parranoid or is there something seriously wrong with people we are relying on to run our councils// advice please/
Alfie 24 February 2009 19:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
another shocker // chalet park // some older end had bought homes to retire to // spend the latter days of life enjoying tranquility with people there own age in country setting// land was sold on to a group who decided they wanted to sell land on as vacant for big money// started terrorising the people// sell up or suffer // as an example the burnt one couple out // through intimidation some decided to sell for a thirty thousand plus home they were given one pound by this callous gang// one old gentleman who/s wife had passed away decided to stand up to them // like he said he/d lost the love of his life so had nothing else to lose//eventually after being taken to court the group got a total of 60years between them// but half the people had been forced out either by burning or recieving the one pound// i personally hope these people get componsation for what they lost// i know nothing will make up for there suffering but surely someone will ansure they get something back/
Alfie 4 March 2009 19:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
got to admit at getting concerned about the number of farms being split and sold // it/s alright letting our population increase dramatically but if we cannot sustain ourselves theres bound to be repocussions// when i was at school a clever teacher said in our adult life we would see war over fuel but that fuel ie oil would only have a short life span // its water and food that sustain was his comment oil would be wasted on things we think we need// clever man / but who is listening to these people// we can see for ourselves whats happening// hate to hear the words // i told you so /
Alfie 11 March 2009 12:06
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
watched news last night saw the small group in white robes heckling service men marching through town// calling them murderers// lot of people there to cheer on troops asked the question how can these people be allowed to get away with it / our troops are sent to fight by goverment // goverment should ensure troops are treated with respect// noticed one soldier glance at these morons// could tell by his glance what he was thinking// i/m just getting fed up with these people that do not respect our way of life// or forces that protect us// please someone pay there ticket to somewhere that suits them better//
John (Scouse) Hirons 11 March 2009 16:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: robert wells i/m just getting fed up with these people that do not respect our way of life// or forces that protect us// please someone pay there ticket to somewhere that suits them better// Alright Robert, A bullet in the neck is a lot cheaper.
Forum post attachment
Alfie 11 March 2009 16:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
snag in britain john is everything is building up but mp/s cannot see it denmark has already made a lot of changes to it/s laws now also canada is looking to change// a comment in the paper annoyed me when it said // these people don/t know any better// what a load of rubbish / these people know exactly what they are doing// they are finding out how much they can get away with// our society must be protected now or else our grandchildren will be at the fore of consoquence// we should not have countries in europe telling us what we are allowed to do // arab countries have harsh laws but you don/t see them condemned for it my own personal view is that when blair and co decided to invade iraq they helped create a problem that now they cannot do anything about/ iran and a few others// untill then muslims were killing muslims// now it seems they are united and hell bent on destroying our way of life/
John (Scouse) Hirons 11 March 2009 17:11
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: robert wells snag in britain john is everything is building up but mp/s cannot see it denmark has already made a lot of changes to it/s laws now also canada is looking to change// a comment in the paper annoyed me when it said // these people don/t know any better// what a load of rubbish / these people know exactly what they are doing// they are finding out how much they can get away with//  our society must be protected now or else our grandchildren will be at the fore of consoquence// we should not have countries in europe telling us what we are allowed to do // arab countries have harsh laws but you don/t see them condemned for it my own personal view is that when blair and co decided to invade iraq they helped create a problem that now they cannot do anything about/ iran and a few others// untill then muslims were killing muslims// now it seems they are united and hell bent on destroying our way of life/ Alright Robert, Of late most of the attacks in Iraq have been internecine, Sunni bombing Shia & visa versa, with some luck theyll wipe each other out. If you look at counties with harsher sentences than ours they are still getting Muslim outrages. At the moment most of the the Muslim Worlds terrorists are centered on Pakistan & Afghanistan, our boys are keeping us safe by fighting them in their own back yard. If we pull them out watch the attacks on the west increase. One country, Israel, has been fighting muslim terrorists since 1948, & what does the west do? it bleats every time they take action against them. Not every muslim is a terrorist, but it seems that every terrorist is a muslim.
Forum post attachment
Festina Lente 11 March 2009 17:20
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
How dare these people live in our country and act the way they did yesterday. Why didnt the police keep them away? Its a bl***y disgrace these people should be rounded up and got rid of, I expect most of them are on benefit, this country is too bl***y soft now, God help us if we ever had another war I dont rate our chances of winning. I saw an ad over the weekend for a visit to the battlefield of Agingcourt and I thought thats the sort of attitude we need in this country today. It makes me sad to see this old country of ours going the way it is when we have done so much in the world to make it better, alright we have done some bad things in the past but you cant make an omelette without breaking an egg. Thats my rant for today!
Mac 11 March 2009 18:18
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Moan

Quoting: John C Gower How dare these people live in our country and act the way they did yesterday. Why did'nt the police keep them away? It's a bl***y disgrace these people should be rounded up and got rid of, I expect most of them are on benefit, this country is too bl***y soft now, God help us if we ever had another war I don't rate our chances of winning. I saw an ad over the weekend for a visit to the battlefield of Agingcourt and I thought that's the sort of attitude we need in this country today. It makes me sad to see this old country of ours going the way it is when we have done so much in the world to make it better, alright we have done some bad things in the past but you can't make an omelette without breaking an egg. That's my rant for today! My moan is simply that I do not agree with the actions of the protesters either, but how do you know they are not British? Born here and registered here? Everyone tarred with the same brush.... on benefits. How do you know? Too many assumptions made but they may be Englishmen and women for all we know! Im Scottish!
Alfie 11 March 2009 19:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
ray i think the assumptions of benifits arise from the hand outs all so called leaders of the groups admit to recieving // gives them more time to adhere to the racian tensions they create/ i take your point on all muslims not being the same i know of many proud to be british that i regaurd as friends// but they do not go around spouting there religion it is a private thing// as for these people being called english ie being born here then sadly they have not learnt anything and cannot regaurd themselves as english// like how you threw in the // scottish// i to was born in the highlands// clan name maclean/ but have lived and brought up my family in england most of my adult life so would be a bit two faced now calling myself scottish though i still visit my relatives they and i class myself as english/ no pun intended but respect for the country i live in /
K.A .The Robin 12 March 2009 10:12
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
It matters not whether these people are on benefits or whether they were born in this country and so can be considered British. Their behaviour towards our service personnel was disgraceful and I would hold this view if they were white and British or Scottish or Welsh or Irish.If they are so incensed by the behaviour of our soldiers against their people as they say why dont they go over to Iraq or Afghanistan, pick up a rifle and have a go.
Alfie 13 March 2009 11:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
liked the comment from the sarge when he was asked his opinion// no problem with me /freedom of speech is there right in britain// unlike other countries / so i have no problems it/s one of the privaliges we soldiers fight to keep//
John (Scouse) Hirons 13 March 2009 14:02
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
One thing that gets me is the use of "on benifits" as if this alone is a crime. The fact that some poor sod either hasnt a job or is,for one reason or other, unable to get one is not in its self a reason for shame.
Mike Pass 13 March 2009 14:14
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!

Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons One thing that gets me is the use of "on benifits" as if this alone is a crime. The fact that some poor sod either hasn't a job or is,for one reason or other, unable to get one is not in it's self a reason for shame. Agreed. Most of us here have more than likely been on or, are on some kind of benefits. I have worked my roe out since leaving school but, have found myself forced to claim unemployment benefit on two occasions. I appreciate the point being made but lets be a little less all emcompassing with our rhetoric shall we!
(Unknown Name) 13 March 2009 15:10
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Ray McWilliams My moan is simply that I do not agree with the actions of the protesters either, but how do you know they are not British?   Born here and registered here? Everyone tarred with the same brush.... on benefits.  How do you know?  Too many assumptions made but they may be Englishmen and women for all we know! I'm Scottish! All of those arrested and now jailed for the bombings in London, and the intended simultaneous bombings of aircraft over the Atlantic, were British-born. Just like those protesters, they too were dangerous fanatics. I hope they have really, really nice prayer mats in those cells they now occupy.
The Friend 13 March 2009 16:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
can i moan here too? after doing 24 years army service and 23 years working for the army i am being made redundant at the young age of 64 and 3/4, oh you may say lots of redundancy pay well your wrong we get 3 months pay for that time not realy a mint is it?now i must go to the unemployment office and try getting a few bob from them till i retire in august
Alfie 13 March 2009 17:55
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
got to moan now // was made redundant at 47 after 25 years at company / got a resonable pay off took to months out to look after youngest while wife worked// told at job centre i was not entitled to anything so took first job that came along// for the next 14 years stuck at job i totally hated// when your half way there you have the urge to turn around and go home// i reckon some will know what i mean// but due to commitments stuck it out// on my 61st decided enough was enough health was being affected so with familys blessing i retired// nowt worse than having to stick at a job you hate// but sometimes theres no choice// i suppose pride helped// as what i saw at job centres i was not happy with /
Alfie 15 March 2009 18:29
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
moan today is due to a comment from wife to daughter on men // your dads never been a romantic she was telling her// true i cannot even remember birthdays mothers day valentines day / my daughters unknowing to the wife get cards for me / but there are other sides to me// great with the kids// always there for family// would give them my last pound from pocket// always give honest advice and admit when wrong eventually// think wife means surprise meal or bunch of flowers occassionaly// did put her a surprise birthday for her 40th/ i know thats 14yrs ago but it did surprise her
Alfie 20 March 2009 19:09
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
i/v mentioned before of my love of the countryside in our local paper today we are being warned of the large amount we are going to lose due to goverment decissions/ massive building programmes on housing and buisness parks which could double the size of our small towns//we have to protect green belt before it/s to late // if i were like some of these who make these rulings ie large house in a couple of acres well away from intrusion fine// but i live in the real world and these select few should bear in mind that we to need greenery around us// we to would like a peaceful enviorment// we to would like our children to have large areas of play and see nature//
Alfie 23 March 2009 16:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
noticed a teacher winning a large sum for having to leave her position as headmistress due to bullying tactics of two muslim governors// she/d had a brilliant reputation but they made her views sound racial// lately we had an indian post master refusing to serve those who could not speak english// if a white person did the same he said // they/d be done for racial which he thought was wrong// you are not the only one mate/ i am totally fed up with the way racial and muslim is used to make us feel inferior// and stupid goverments and councils are bending over backwards to appease// come on please give me a break from these lame excuses and leave your religion at home/
Alfie 27 March 2009 14:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
never heard anything so stupid, an area being flooded, something to do with wild life, i,m all for wildlife but coastal areas are dissapearing fast, around yorkshire places are going at an alarming rate, who are these dumbos and where do they live cloud cuckoo land, this is what i mean give someone a little power and live to regret it.
Alfie 31 March 2009 15:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
as you/l have noticed i like a moan , better out than in is my motto, to many people bottle things up ,, let it go , you,l feel a lot better, might be minor to some , but important to you.
Syd Jones 31 March 2009 18:44
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons One thing that gets me is the use of "on benifits" as if this alone is a crime. The fact that some poor sod either hasn't a job or is,for one reason or other, unable to get one is not in it's self a reason for shame. Hi Scouse. The only time I tried to claim unemployment benefits, I was told I didnt qualify because I was looking for work! This is true, I was looking for work for my company which at that time had no employees and I hadnt been paid myself for six weeks.
Eddie Hull 31 March 2009 23:26
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
as some of you know i was made redundant by Woolworths recently, i was sent to "job centre" for " employment advice" (none) and to "sign on". i was not entitled to any jobseekers allowance as my Army Pension gives me "more than the law allows me to live on per week".so on telling them i was "opting out" of their "advisory group" i then had to sign 4 forms absolving them of any responsibility to find me a job. as the common saying goes "you couldnt make it up. so here i am RETIRED at 63, but doing ok. thank you, moan over, (for now) Eddie
Mike Pass 1 April 2009 10:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hhhmmm!!!!!!

So Eddie....More unclaimed benefits go into the government pot. I get sick of hearing how, pensioners particularly, are not claiming money that they are entitled to.........WHAT!!!! How about making sure that they can get their hands on it without them having to rewrite War and peace in triplicate first!!!!!!!! As for Job Seekers Allowance (another day, another title!) the paperwork alone costs far in excess of what they are unwilling to give you.
Alfie 3 April 2009 15:56
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
bad subject with me benifits, the paperwork they send out tends to baffle, plus some of the people you have to speak to tend to be a bit arrogant,if you own your house some suggest you might be better selling and having some capital, hang on a tick spent 25years paying for it, wifes got garden as she wants it, after a lot of effort, we have good neighbors, plus the kids and grandkids regaurd it as 2nd home, would they sell theres, i doubt it.
Alfie 5 April 2009 20:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
please o please someone replace these morons running the tv companies, why do they keep advertising jordan and peter, i am not saying they are not clever individuals, they prove there brains by the money they make, but for what, like a lot of other individuals who think television centres around them they are making a fortune taking up prime telivision time, which i personally would sooner have filled with people i can relate to, people that work for nothing helping others, people with a meaningful life, people trying to change there community into a more caring one, in other words real people with hope, not idiots flashing the good life as though we want to know.
Alfie 7 April 2009 20:17
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
had a day out to lake windermere today, the countryside around as beutiful as ever, old buildings still being preserved and going out on launch still as enjoyable, from the outskirts of leeds to windermere the outlook was what i call enjoyable to see countryside of green, would hate to think these views would one day dissapear, i also admire the old buildings, the brick used the design it,s a bit like going back in time, cheered me up .
Ceylon220 7 April 2009 20:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: robert wells had a day out to lake windermere today, the countryside around as beutiful as ever, old buildings still being preserved and going out on launch still as enjoyable,  from the outskirts of leeds to windermere the outlook was what i call enjoyable to see countryside of green, would hate to think these views would one day dissapear, i also admire the old buildings, the brick used the design it,s a bit like going back in time, cheered me up . Robert, I agree the lakes are beautiful but we Cumbrians cringe when people say Lake Windermere, as the name says Windermere- -not a lake but a "mere",don`t ask me who named the water as a lake, even our local TV station will admit that it is a mere and not a lake-------an ideal point for a debate on why`s and wherefor`s. Glad you enjoyed your day in our area Robert, the Lake District is a beatiful place all the year round especially when we have snow covered mountains at winter and especially in the Autum when the leaves start to change colour.
John (Scouse) Hirons 7 April 2009 21:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Dave Whitfield Robert, I agree the lakes are beautiful but we Cumbrians cringe when people say Lake Windermere, as the name says Windermere- -not a lake but a "mere",don`t ask me who named the water as a lake, even our local TV station will admit that it is a mere and not a lake-------an ideal point for a debate on why`s and wherefor`s. Alright Dave, If my memory serves me well, Bassenthwaite Lake is the only lake in the Lake Distict all the others are either Meres or Waters.
Ceylon220 8 April 2009 10:34
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: John (scouse) Hirons Alright Dave, If my memory serves me well, Bassenthwaite Lake is the only lake in the Lake Distict all the others are either Meres or Waters. Quite right John, Bass Lake is the only lake, others are Meres and Waters but can you tell me being a teacher how Windermere got the title in the first place, can`t get answers to that here, also you being ex RAF were you aware that the Sunderland Flying Boat was built and tested there during WW2, just thought that I would put that little piece in for anyone who might be interested---- by the way John I like your new photo image, is that the boss with you in the picture? Regards, Dave.
Ally Bell 8 April 2009 11:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
any gen on merton mere blackpool? ally.