{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / Using media resizer

Using media resizer

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Bob (Tuffy ) Draper 21 November 2008 10:07 8681 views Link  
Bob (Tuffy ) Draper 21 November 2008 10:07
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Using media resizer

After downloading media resizer open........... 1, select load image 2. type size in box say 800x600 3. select settings, move slider to say 50% click OK 4. select save and call it another name from original, save it to your "my pictures" go to your my pictures and hover mouse over  the new picture and make sure it is under 5mb, if not reload it in media resizer and reduce again until you get it under 5mb. For avatar picture,original must be in portrait . use media resizer's default size that's it click here for resizer download look at attachment  on how to use Last edited by Bob Draper
Forum post attachment
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Keeping The Faith 21 November 2008 14:16
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Thanks Bob, I was wondering what was the best way to download my archive of photos to the site, now I know
Philip Mordle 11 January 2009 21:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
uploading photos

Quoting: Bob Draper After downloading media resizer open........... 1, select load image 2. type size in box say 800x600 3. select settings, move slider to say 50% click OK 4. select save and call it another name from original, save it to your "my pictures" go to your my pictures and hover mouse over  the new picture and make sure it is under 50kb, if not reload it in media resizer and reduce again until you get it under 50kb. For avatar picture,original must be in portrait . use media resizer's default size that's it click here for resizer download look at attachment  on how to use Last edited by Bob Draper Thanks bob great help, will they cut the free load off after a lotted time, best regards, phil.
Forum post attachment
Bob (Tuffy ) Draper 17 January 2009 06:58
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Philip Mordle Thanks bob great help, will they cut the free load off after a lotted time, best regards, phil. Hi Phil, I have had it for over 4 years and it has not run out yet.
Graham Removed 28 January 2009 22:41
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Hi Bob. Image resizing, When i have resized an image, then discover it is not small enough and try to resize again, it says the image is then small, small but the size in KB has not changed, can you help please ?
Bob (Tuffy ) Draper 29 January 2009 06:48
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Graham Armishaw Hi Bob.      Image resizing, When i have resized an image, then discover it is not small enough and try to resize again, it says the image is then small, small but the size in KB has not changed, can you help please ? Hi, After resizing you could be looking at the original image, when selecting "save as" call the new photo say "resized pic" No1 No2 No3 etc. and make sure where you are saving it to,eg your my pictures, what I do is to make a new folder in my pictures and call it resized, I then save all my resized pics to that folder then I know where they are, check by doing that first, just in case you have saved them to another place.let me know the outcome.
Graham Removed 29 January 2009 10:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Bob Draper Hi, After resizing you could be looking at the original image, when selecting "save as" call the new photo say "resized pic" No1 No2 No3 etc. and make sure where you are saving it to,eg your my pictures, what I do is to make a new folder in my pictures and call it resized, I then save all my resized pics to that folder then I know where they are, check by doing that first, just in case you have saved them to another place.let me know the outcome. Bob thanks I think I have now got it sorted, seem to be able to upload pics o k now, thanks very much for help
Norwegian Blue 28 September 2009 03:05
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Eureka

Still cannee get the hang of this image business AL1. Done it at last. I can go to sleep now. Last edited by Richard PARR
Forum post attachment
Roly01 28 September 2009 06:33
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: Richard PARR Still cannee get the hang of this image business AL1.   Done it at last.  I can go to sleep now. Last edited by Richard PARR Fick! Aint you. I done it first time wivout calling for help, and I am really fick! But then, I am ex Navy....not a raffy
Forum post attachment
Forum post attachment
Norwegian Blue 28 September 2009 13:47
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
I am a bit fick, I suppose, Roly!!!!!. I am always open to advice from those of the senior service & of the bellbottom persuasion!! Hope the attachment works..........
Forum post attachment