{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / The defence cuts

The defence cuts

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Jacko 20 December 2004 09:54 410 views Link  
Jacko 20 December 2004 09:54
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The defence cuts

I have been reading the sites of the regiments involved and am amazed at the wealth of anger by all concerned.The biggest point that seems to come out is the lack of support of the MPs in the said areas, especially the ones from Manchester and Liverpool, where as the scottish have plenty of support.Is it really neccesary to wipe away all the years of tradition? Perhaps I,m just an old fogey!!
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Barney 29 December 2004 14:08
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
The Defence Cuts

[QUOTE]Quoting: [B]madden[/B] [I]I have been reading the sites of the regiments involved and am amazed at the wealth of anger by all concerned.The biggest point that seems to come out is the lack of support of the MPs in the said areas, especially the ones from Manchester and Liverpool, where as the scottish have plenty of support.Is it really neccesary to wipe away all the years of tradition? Perhaps I,m just an old fogey!![IMG]Images/Smilies/mad.gif[/IMG] [IMG]Images/Smilies/mad.gif[/IMG] [IMG]Images/Smilies/sick.gif[/IMG] [/I][/QUOTE] Jack Madden You would be quite wrong in thinking that the Scottish Regiments have the support of the MPs in their respective areas. At the recent march in Edinburgh not one labour MP attended. The Regiments have been betrayed by their Colonels(With one exception)whose duty it is to preserve their respective Regiments.In the early nineties we the same fight, but in those days Regimental Colonels were retired officers who would fight to the death for their Regiments not so now, with one exception they are still serving with one eye on the next promotion board and the other on the new years honours list.
Regimental Geezer 30 December 2004 16:31
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Defence Cuts under Hoon "The Loon" & President Blair

It is no wonder that you did not see any MPs supporting the "Marches Against Scottish Regimetal Disbandonment". Most Scottish MPs of any note are New Labour "Fellow Travellers", so to protest against these cuts would be going against President Blairs diktats. You cannot have any disent in the "Peoples Republic of the UK" now can we!!! New Labour are made up of "Hoonies" who do not understand anything military, nor do they appreciate the requirements of the present British Military comitments overseas. So, why should anybody beleive anything New Labour spouts about!!