{{page.notificationBar.message}}
The Voice of the Military Community
Home / Forum / our brave

our brave

{{forumThread.upVotes}} Created by Sigs 30 December 2007 17:38 1845 views Link  
Sigs 30 December 2007 17:38
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
our brave

Today we went to the local cemetery to put flowers on family graves and this is what I found on a near by plot . Is this the way TRAFFORD M B C look after our brave dead, this man held the MBE . He was a hero and still is in my mind . You will have to look at both pictures to understand . My point is if the local YOBBS had done this we could understand but this our local council.
Forum post attachment
{{forumPost.upVotes}} Reply With QuoteEditLink   Report [Reported] Delete
Sigs 30 December 2007 17:40
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
our brave

and now this one
Forum post attachment
Sigs 30 December 2007 20:42
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
our brave

At this time of the year I fail to see why you do not respond to this post was not this officer one of us, he did serve a long time . Are you all to much involved in your own thing . The grave is a mess . just say yes to this question.
Forum post attachment
Doc 30 December 2007 20:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
our brave

hi george - have just now read your post on the state of this grave - i must say it is an absolute disgrace in this day and age - i take it you have gotten on to the local council responsible for this state of affairs - take care - colum
Ally Bell 30 December 2007 20:51
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: george woolley and now this one i know george.had 4 headstones trashed near to my mum and dads 6 months ago.makes my blood boil.
Forum post attachment
Sigs 30 December 2007 20:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
our brave

Thanks you lads this is happening all over the uk our local cemetries are a mess,but in ours there are 30 or more militry stones and they are a mess what do the war graves commision do in the UK .GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND ALL THE BEST FOR 2008
Forum post attachment
Ally Bell 30 December 2007 21:13
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
sign of the times george.i like to go here.
Forum post attachment
Sigs 30 December 2007 23:30
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
our brave

ALLY , What has the picture of the church to do with this .This a grave covered in slabs by the local council grave diggers . These teams have motors to move all the stones while the funeral takes place it does not have to be put on the nearest grave. Come lads lets get together these are war graves .   Last edited by george woolley
Forum post attachment
Emlyn Evans 31 December 2007 14:28
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
Quoting: george woolley Today we went to the local cemetery to put flowers on family graves and this is what I found on a near by plot . Is this the way TRAFFORD M B C look after our brave dead, this man held the MBE  . He was a hero and still is in my mind . You will have to look at both pictures to understand . My point is if the local YOBBS had done this we could understand but this our local council. George I have just read this post and I agree with you. It should not happen to anyones grave
Forum post attachment
Doc 31 December 2007 17:57
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
george - i notice that trafford mbc have a web site - have you e mailed them at all to complain of the state of the cemetery in question - any war cemeteries i have visited have always been well maintained including the one in ballymena - unfortunately all of groundstaff in cemeteries do not have the same high standards - perhaps if you drop them a line they will sit up and take notice - all the best for a good new year
(Unknown Name) 31 December 2007 18:04
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
our brave

Dear George, that is terribly upsetting and such a thoughtless act. Colums suggestion is a good idea, have you had any luck with the Council? If not, why dont we all get on the website and complain?
Sigs 31 December 2007 19:35
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
our brave

Hi PAT. First things first we hope you have a fantastic 2008 , from anne and I ,may your god look after you . Now as for the job in hand yes I have made contact with the manchester regimental assn.and the local council,waiting for their reaction. Also put on my pals pages . The state of all the old lads graves in the same graveyard are a mess . Regards .Pat take care . george woolley .
Forum post attachment
Doc 31 December 2007 20:15
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
good on you George
Millsy 9 January 2008 19:15
[pending deletion]
Originally Posted by
disturbing

hi george ,iv just seen the pics of the grave, all i can say is who ever did that, was not an ex service personal, and have no respect for the forces men and women who have given there lives for this country,todays public are not with it on what goes on in the services,the hardship, the sacfifices, the pain, there is not enough news of our forces ,gone are the days of two way family favourites, when we heard our troops names mentioned. those pics should be put on the front page of every news paper ,so show the disrespect the council has for war graves,.peter mills ex royal fusilier,.